Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

chumbler posted:

That's me with the booze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I feel like this is a pretty good summary of Dark Souls, the series.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Nice.

Parallax posted:

someone drew a topless girl in the background of this urusei yatsura episode

Nice.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lemon-Lime posted:

I feel like this is a pretty good summary of Dark Souls, the series.

Here's my summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O45z0Ju3_U8

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

That's a freaking good hat

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

It's hilarious that you can kill ancient monstrosities, steal their souls and turn them into legendary weapons, but those legendary weapons are always going to be garbage compared to your stick wrapped in barbed wire that's had a few bits of metal hammered into it (or your really big branch, or your plain old standard-issue longsword).

Knorth posted:

That's a freaking good hat

You can buy it after beating that boss, too!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I should have another go at Irithyll now I've given up on pure melee and have to use a bow for pulling like its a drat MMO.

Too busy finishing RE 6 on professional with Sylphid at the moment though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In other news High School Fleet seems pretty good? It's giving me Bodacious Space Pirates vibes with characters actually being competent instead of ditzes and a more serious storyline than you'd expect. The hoops the story has to jump through to make girls going to school on a boat seem like a reasonable thing are pretty lolworthy though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Goemon is upset that a lady ghost is haunting and flirting with him

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Update: The lady ghost was actually 5 identical sisters, who were gaslighting him so they could take his sword, which they needed to steal back their father's golden pinball machine.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lupin owns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Figures

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Dark Souls! 3!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg posted:

Dark Souls! 3!

Spoilers for a random bit of the Catacombs I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqmRua6D5Rk

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
im currently watching a review for anim konosuba and barring the initial plot line this almost sounds like 8 bit theater, the anim

true/false

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Luna Was Here posted:

im currently watching a review for anim konosuba and barring the initial plot line this almost sounds like 8 bit theater, the anim

true/false

It's better

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

Update: The lady ghost was actually 5 identical sisters, who were gaslighting him so they could take his sword, which they needed to steal back their father's golden pinball machine.

poor Goemon...

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Spoilers for a random bit of the Catacombs I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqmRua6D5Rk

I'm gonna watch this at work when I'm not dark soulsing

Question though: Is it worth it in the early game to infuse a weapon with a raw gem? It looks like it gets rid of scaling for a big base damage boost, but is there a break even point where that hurts you?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Allarion posted:

It's better

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Allarion posted:

It's better

this can't be true, because 8 bit theater was like, really loving good

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Also, how many drat dragons are on this wall? I just saw my third (I guess two of them were dead/asleep tho?)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

this can't be true, because 8 bit theater was like, really loving good

Allarion posted:

It's better

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

poor Goemon...

Poor guy always gets flustered when a woman shows interest in him and most of the time it's a trick :smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg posted:

I'm gonna watch this at work when I'm not dark soulsing

Question though: Is it worth it in the early game to infuse a weapon with a raw gem? It looks like it gets rid of scaling for a big base damage boost, but is there a break even point where that hurts you?

It's probably only worth it until you get the coal that lets you infuse with whatever damage stat you're mainly putting points in to, which was pretty early for me. It's probably more useful if you're going for a magic build or something.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i have determined i will watch 8 bit theanimeater

but first, i will read 8 bit theater jokes again

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It's probably only worth it until you get the coal that lets you infuse with whatever damage stat you're mainly putting points in to, which was pretty early for me. It's probably more useful if you're going for a magic build or something.

Cool, I'll just use my fire gem then

Halberd feels way better than spear btw, I'm pretty sure it's what I was rolling with in 1 now that I think about it

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

It's pretty useful if you're going for a faith build from the start. Raw infuse a straight sword, buy the dark weapon miracle if you're real nasty and go nuts.

Blessed weapons suck, the lightning coal is in a late game area and you can only get two lightning gems until a super late game option area, and you have to give up a cool hat for one of them!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sometime I should play Dark Souls 1

But I'm gonna beat Dragon's Dogma first

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Also, since I'm not watching much this season and have liked the eps of Cutey Honey I've watched so far, I might just go all out and watch a bunch of 70s anime. Could be a fun ride.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Be careful, that you do not catch a case of the 70s, very terrifying

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

No promises!

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

transitioning gaslighting millenial sanderista here

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Holy crap this show looks really good

also, Venus and Jupiter are very cute :3:

https://a.pomf.cat/fkgpmf.webm

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

Holy crap this show looks really good

also, Venus and Jupiter are very cute :3:

https://a.pomf.cat/fkgpmf.webm

:yeah:

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Knorth.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I had to turn off the voices in P4 DAN, I can't take English speakers using honourifics

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Strange Quark posted:

:yeah:

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Knorth.

:) Still planning on watching the original show soon but definitely going to keep up with this

also, Goma-chan remains the dumbest, cutest thing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

By original show you mean the 90's one right? First season Crystal is bad.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I had to turn off the voices in P4 DAN, I can't take English speakers using honourifics

I wanna say that it turned out one of the honorifics the English voices used was different from the Japanese voices? (In general, not just that game) That makes it even weirder

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

By original show you mean the 90's one right? First season Crystal is bad.

Yeah, the old one. I've gotten the vibe that Crystal started off pretty bad, even if I can't remember the details

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Avoided that problem by getting the JP version of DAN :cheeky:

• Locked thread