Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i did it i punched every boss in the game

having zero range is REALLY obnoxious, especially on nameless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I don't want to be here anymore.

just wait til the next area.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
No it's cool, I'll just barely survive saving you from a Red phantom and purple bro with my chump casual tier skills, and you can just black crystal me out after I help you kill the giant crab to honor duel the farron watchdog yourself sure.

The thrill of "Oh my god I actually beat people while the host used me as a bodyguard I'm not the literal worst at PvP!" is swiftly crushed in those circumstances :sigh:

EDIT: The real hell of it is there are plenty of summon signs where I'm putting mine by the boss door. But no, pick out the guy wearing Sorcer set+Solair helmet, Flamberge, and Blue wooden shield for your Run around the level fighting mans. Not one of the three people with lategame boss soul weapons.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 20, 2016

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

This game sure does have a hard on for making sure every enemy has half a dozen buddies with him.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
loving wolnir piece of poo poo

He has like one attack that catches you slippin but if you do gently caress off you're dead

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Thumbtacks posted:

i did it i punched every boss in the game

having zero range is REALLY obnoxious, especially on nameless

wha

why are you wearing the calamity ring???

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

wha

The Prisoner's Chain uses the same icon.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I'd just like to find whoever put the ballista in the lake, and punch them solidly in the dick. Over. And over. gently caress that thing.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

wha

Prisoner's chain, cloranthy ring, lloyd's sword whatever, red milkstone whatever

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I get summoned by a guy in catacombs named boom hauler. We are within a sliver of the invaders health and the invader stands In front of the npc looking for his gimp mute buddy and boomhauer decides he's gonna shoot the hostage with his giant cleaver thing. Which is cool and good except it doesn't and work and my guy winds up dead

The next guy doesn't even cross the bridge and invader uses my skeleton gangbang moment to kill me

Third guy stands on the bridge after I cut it

There can be no jolly cooperation in the combs

If ou want to invade do it here

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Does anyone know if the <30% quick roll has more iframes than the <70% med roll? Google surprisingly brings up nothing.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

hampig posted:

Does anyone know if the <30% quick roll has more iframes than the <70% med roll? Google surprisingly brings up nothing.

... Yes that how it works and qhy it's better wtf Mate how can you assume anything else m8

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Final Boss:

oh this is really neat, he uses all the different fight styles and tricks, even backflips. Aww.

Not too hard though, got him second try... wait what's going on. What no no no no no no no nonononono full health????

Oh poo poo Gwyn's theme!!

Oh poo poo a twelve hit air-juggle into stab that takes me from full to dead with no way to get out.

Ugh

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

As far as I know no one has done any research on iframes.

Can thrusting swords not be setup parried or am I just unlucky with lag?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
so can you still parry backwards or was that fixed

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

How am I just seeing this auto HUD feature for the first time. It's pretty awesome.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I just googled up that using the Black Crystal apparently counts against your permanent record of online naughtiness or something.

Does that wear off eventually, or will I just be that much closer to needing to use the White circle because of the times I've crystaled out against a glitched into invulnerability boss after 5 minutes of useless beatings?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

How am I just seeing this auto HUD feature for the first time. It's pretty awesome.

Seriously. The area design in the game is just so nice that it's criminal to have a big UI stapled over it 24/7.

The only time it's caught me out is when I forget how much health I'm currently on and forget to drink.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
This is my first souls game and I am being stonewalled by vordt or whatever. Send help

I hate this game.

It is a good and fun game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Songbearer posted:

Seriously. The area design in the game is just so nice that it's criminal to have a big UI stapled over it 24/7.

The only time it's caught me out is when I forget how much health I'm currently on and forget to drink.

Except the Irithyl Dungeon. I was so excited for it when people kept saying it was the return of Latria. It's a pretty awful area, that one chained up thing was creepy but the rest are just annoying screechy mole rat people. The jailers are just kind of annoying to deal with because of their quick grab and health reduction gimmick, and they just throw a ton of them at you in the area where the NPC is so it's going to suck having to go back for that. I think that place definitely wins for worst area in the game for me.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Question. If I don't catch siegward during his specific events can I pick it up anytime or do you lose sunbro armor if ou progress to fast in the main story

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Mr Confetti posted:

This is my first souls game and I am being stonewalled by vordt or whatever. Send help

I hate this game.

It is a good and fun game.

Vordt like a lot of chess able bosses you gotta get under or behind him. His stampede is dangerous avoid three times

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wow these were-crows can't get enough of me! They just keep throwing themselves off a cliff just for me.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Final boss question- when he staggers, can I visceral him? I've tried and can't seem to be able. Or is it just a chance to hit him a few times?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Alan Smithee posted:

Question. If I don't catch siegward during his specific events can I pick it up anytime or do you lose sunbro armor if ou progress to fast in the main story

Sunbro armor? You can get Solaire's armor if you trade with the crows.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nuebot posted:

Sunbro armor? You can get Solaire's armor if you trade with the crows.

Don't you need something from siegward though or am I misreading the guide

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

ShadowMar posted:

get xanthous ashes in the dungeon

I already had it and I didn't even notice :haw:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nuebot posted:

Except the Irithyl Dungeon. I was so excited for it when people kept saying it was the return of Latria. It's a pretty awful area, that one chained up thing was creepy but the rest are just annoying screechy mole rat people. The jailers are just kind of annoying to deal with because of their quick grab and health reduction gimmick, and they just throw a ton of them at you in the area where the NPC is so it's going to suck having to go back for that. I think that place definitely wins for worst area in the game for me.

Yeah it seemed like a bad ripoff of Latria, but at least it was a pretty short zone.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Alan Smithee posted:

Don't you need something from siegward though or am I misreading the guide

You need his beer for the chestpiece - he gives you one in the Undead Settlement part of his quest and another when you find him in a little kitchen-looking area much later in the game. Afaik both require you to have completed his questline up to that point.

You can get the other pieces of his armor by trading other stuff to the crows. I don't think any of the other items are questline-dependent.

km2
Jul 27, 2012
This game is pretty.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Any suggestion for infusions for the Manikin claws? I was originally using them as a joke for PVP but I really love the moveset on them and I'm ashamed to admit I've been doing better in fights with them than with anything else I have. I'm a dex character so I was thinking Sharp, but looking at other infusion options (Fire, Raw etc) and they don't seem too bad. Or should I leave them as-is?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Please tell me there's a closer bonfire to the princes than the lower bridge one where you fight Armor, ugh.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
Also is there a bonfire closer to vordt or do I have to keep running past the fat blue guy?

Also also, what stats am I supposed to pump as a pyro. Thanks in advance for the help/advice!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

Please tell me there's a closer bonfire to the princes than the lower bridge one where you fight Armor, ugh.

There isn't, but there's an elevator that goes from that bonfire straight to the gauntlet before them.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Insurrectionist posted:

there's an elevator at the top that goes to a bonfire i think most people miss it, i know i did.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Do they actually make throwing Kukris
:goonsay:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
That is the bonfire you reach with the elevator I'm talking about, I just know this fight is gonna take me hours to solo and the run->elevator snore is gonna break my back at this rate.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Alan Smithee posted:

Do they actually make throwing Kukris
:goonsay:

no but kukri knife throwing is Actually A Thing apparently

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Pretty funny being a mound-maker. Plunging slash into the middle of a 3-phantom melee while the host clapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Mr Confetti posted:

Also is there a bonfire closer to vordt or do I have to keep running past the fat blue guy?

There's a shortcut to the first High Wall bonfire, turn right and go up the stairs after leaving the area with the fat blue guy..