Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Motto posted:

Cooking Sisters Ch. 7

Me irl except I'm not an anime girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Motto posted:

Cooking Sisters Ch. 7

Me irl except I'm not an anime.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Motto posted:

Cooking Sisters Ch. 7

Me irl except wine in coffee mug.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Motto posted:

Cooking Sisters Ch. 7

Where can I find this, Batoto came up empty.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You can click on the image, but also
http://www.yuri-ism.net/slide/read/shinmai_shimai_no_futari_gohan/en/1/7/page/1

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Thanks, I love cooking manga and I wish I could cook too

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Alder posted:

Cooking decently is not particularly hard. You don't need to be making egg fluffy on day one.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also if you like cooking manga and haven't read them yet, read What Did You Eat Yesterday? and Sweetness & Lightning

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Motto posted:

Cooking Sisters Ch. 7

Almost me earlier today gaming and watching Star Trek for over 5 hours. :3:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In today's Tomo-chan, Tomo learns how to fwhoomp and gashaan.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

In today's Tomo-chan, Tomo learns how to fwhoomp and gashaan.

Ah, trigonometry.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Alder posted:

I've gotten a lot of cooking practice from trying out recipes in manga actually! Try making the soup in chapter 4, I had a go and it's a fairly simple process.

You can substitute in whatever ingredients you have on hand too, like using a chicken or vegetable stock instead of bonito and konbu (or instant powdered dashi stock if you can find it). I used shiitake mushrooms instead of shimeji and added some miso and it turned out pretty tasty.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Useless Me new chapter and extra

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

PLEASE LOVE THE USELESS ME IS PISSING ME OFF

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

this extra chapter was funny, but im still mad

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

mrrgrgr

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

why so mad

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I agree with Dick actually

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's happening pretty much like I expected so it's hard to be that mad about it, just kinda resigned and ready for her to move on and start working on Shunin :getin:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

It's reaching Hetakoi levels of wanting to lean into the comic and scream "JUST BE HONEST WITH EACH OTHER YOU FUCKWADS"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just finished Tetsugaku Letra. What a great series; the pacing/plot in general was really "tight" and it felt like it went exactly where it wanted to (which seems really rare for manga). I also really liked the art style. Is there anything else by the same author (Sahara Mizu) that anyone would recommend?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Ytlaya posted:

I just finished Tetsugaku Letra. What a great series; the pacing/plot in general was really "tight" and it felt like it went exactly where it wanted to (which seems really rare for manga). I also really liked the art style. Is there anything else by the same author (Sahara Mizu) that anyone would recommend?

My Girl is a great single dad manga by her. Go read it!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nondevor posted:

My Girl is a great single dad manga by her. Go read it!

this, it's really good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've been reading March Comes in like a lion and I'm currently mid-chapter 10, and this backstory is hilarious. Abrupt shift from his entire family dying to a shifty-eyed dude making the incredibly suspicious side to side glances going like "do...do you...like...anime shogi?" And then this tragic story of this shogi-obsessed father neglecting his children because of shogi and it's all just so hilariously absurd

I've been skipping everything to do with shogi in this series and it's great that way, it's such a shame that it keeps returning to shogi though

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
A bunch of new Yona chapters, this time in order instead of five chapters ahead. :toot:

That cliffhanger, though. :argh:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://bato.to/reader#5a617026ccaf3317

This just finished. A short 7 chapter adaptation of a novel about a soldier being demoted and sent to the boonies where he is married to a quiet young girl. Pretty cute.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I've been reading March Comes in like a lion and I'm currently mid-chapter 10, and this backstory is hilarious. Abrupt shift from his entire family dying to a shifty-eyed dude making the incredibly suspicious side to side glances going like "do...do you...like...anime shogi?" And then this tragic story of this shogi-obsessed father neglecting his children because of shogi and it's all just so hilariously absurd

I've been skipping everything to do with shogi in this series and it's great that way, it's such a shame that it keeps returning to shogi though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a pretty rad avatar, yeah

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As an aside March Comes in Like a Lion isn't really romance or Josei, it's Seinen (runs in the same magazine as Berserk) and almost 100% just a straight up drama/tragedy.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Nate RFB posted:

As an aside March Comes in Like a Lion isn't really romance or Josei, it's Seinen (runs in the same magazine as Berserk) and almost 100% just a straight up drama/tragedy.

Er, how far have you read to make these statements?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As of chapter 66 which is the current scanlated chapter that is a statement I will stand by. I have no clue how far behind that is from the serialization but I would be very surprised if it shifted in that direction, given what has happened thus far.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Nate RFB posted:

As of chapter 66 which is the current scanlated chapter that is a statement I will stand by. I have no clue how far behind that is from the serialization but I would be very surprised if it shifted in that direction, given what has happened thus far.

There are 115+ chapters out. Romance elements start showing up in later volumes, anyway. Not that I know where the boundaries lie between "romance" and "drama".

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

http://bato.to/reader#5a617026ccaf3317

This just finished. A short 7 chapter adaptation of a novel about a soldier being demoted and sent to the boonies where he is married to a quiet young girl. Pretty cute.

Aw darn, it's over? I'll admit that while I did enjoy the story my main reason for reading was to see more Hayate Kuku art. I wish more of her stuff was translated.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

darkgray posted:

There are 115+ chapters out
Unless you're saying you can read Japanese or that there's 115 translated chapters out that you're about to link to, please don't talk about poo poo that hasn't even been scanlated yet thanks

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Unless you're saying you can read Japanese or that there's 115 translated chapters out that you're about to link to, please don't talk about poo poo that hasn't even been scanlated yet thanks

darkgray can read japanese

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He is living the dream.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I just skim the shogi stuff as well. The other bits are OK and the food related stuff is relevant to my interests.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I've gotten a lot of cooking practice from trying out recipes in manga actually! Try making the soup in chapter 4, I had a go and it's a fairly simple process.

You can substitute in whatever ingredients you have on hand too, like using a chicken or vegetable stock instead of bonito and konbu (or instant powdered dashi stock if you can find it). I used shiitake mushrooms instead of shimeji and added some miso and it turned out pretty tasty.

Hehehe I thought about the soup but my cooking level is closer to sandwiches and pasta. I don't even know how to make stock unless you meant store-made brands. Although Google is my friend I tend to mess up all but the most simple recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If you wanna get better at cooking, you have to be pretty accepting of trial and error. That said, you can learn to make righteous sandwiches and pastas if you make the effort to increase your food knowledge and cooking skills, so there's no shame in having that be a start. You could lurk in GWS (Something Offal) to see what the cooking goons do over there.