Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Someone needs to send this and all of his Obama Mission Accomplished toons to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Crabtree posted:

How soon will people really treat Obama like he's served four consecutive terms from Bush's 8 to his own?

There's your answer.

So what does "bastard" mean in Australia? Like an in-box?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I think it was a typo from 'basket'.

Also gently caress off, New Zealand doesn't need Tasmania, we have all the home-grown inbred serial killers we need.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jedit posted:

That would be the joke, yes, thank you for pointing it out.

For once I get to actually post a cartoon! Have a First Dog:

(Also those two Deep Hurting cartoons are loving great.)

What's a cribbage? Is that what Australians call broccoli?

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
God drat Ramirez. That's the most shameless "blame the opponents of what you are doing" propaganda I've ever seen.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Nosfereefer posted:

God drat Ramirez. That's the most shameless "blame the opponents of what you are doing" propaganda I've ever seen.

Barack Obama: Directly responsible for everything bad that's happened since the year 2000. (Ramirez mental note: Can we backdate him to 1992? Remember the time Obama got a blowjob from an intern in the Oval Office?)

Silver Age Bizarro! Nice!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Elliotw2 posted:

Only if you squint real hard and he smashed it, but then again he has been drawing poo poo out of aspect ratio for years now.

his vehicles always remind me of advance wars

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Barack Obama: Directly responsible for everything bad that's happened since the year 2000. (Ramirez mental note: Can we backdate him to 1992? Remember the time Obama got a blowjob from an intern in the Oval Office?)

Remember when Obama implemented some new taxes, after one of his campaign speeches, explicitly said "No new taxes"?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

This is pretty good advice for recession macroeconomic policy! :smuggo:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

January 23, 2013:

I guess that absurdly expensive boat and those planes just magically appeared one day and all the guys maintaining them work for free.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ted " New York values" Cruz unsurprisingly got a chilly reception in NY ...

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Naw, see, Bush was always winning in Iraq; it's your fault you didn't see it!

Fun fact: Ramirez drew this one month after experts believe the Great Recession started.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

D.N. Nation posted:

Fun fact: Ramirez drew this one month after experts believe the Great Recession started.

What's wrong with his face? :gonk:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Ah yes, the 43rd President of the United States, George W. "Ol' Mandibles" Bush.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

And that's someone Ramirez likes

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

And that's someone Ramirez likes

Ramirez doesn't like anyone.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

TheMaskedChemist posted:

Remember when Obama implemented some new taxes, after one of his campaign speeches, explicitly said "No new taxes"?

Peak Ramirez would be Wormbama doing the double peace sign and saying, "I'm not a crook!"

I would be very surprised if this cartoon didn't exist already

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

prefect posted:

What's wrong with his face? :gonk:

See, when you look at Bush jr you wouldn't normally think "That's a man who looks like a duck's foot", but that outside the box thinking is what makes Ramirez the award-winning satirist he is.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Peak Ramirez would be Wormbama doing the double peace sign and saying, "I'm not a crook!"

I would be very surprised if this cartoon didn't exist already

Several in fact!

and a bonus!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

dijon du jour posted:

See, when you look at Bush jr you wouldn't normally think "That's a man who looks like a duck's foot", but that outside the box thinking is what makes Ramirez the award-winning satirist he is.

I guess where most people see "he looks like a monkey", Ramirez just gets laser-focused on the mustache zone.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ted Rall is really obnoxious with drone comics, yes I know they are bad, but its not like Obama is gleefully wanting to bomb the poo poo out of everything with them. I'm sure it probably haunts him that his decisions have killed innocent lives

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Can we just make 4/20 Ramirez Day and delve deep into his long history of being on the wrong side of history?

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Whew glad he has remorse about turning babies into bugsplat, I feel much better now about his decision to keep doing it anyway.
Except wait, he's repeatedly said that he has no hesitations or second thoughts about the drone program.

Rall is a talentless, egomaniacal hack but he is one of the few cartoonists who call the President on his "oh my burdens weary me, I had to kill a child today" spin

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Well that wasn't difficult.

L.A. Times Cartoonist investigated by the Secret Service

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dubya is a brutal war criminal who deserves nothing more than an extrajudicial execution. AGC.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

2 :nallears: this is beyond parody at this point
5 YOU GOTTA GIVE ME THE SLANG!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wow, an actual Good Cartoon from Branco.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why do I feel like the bubbles are reversed.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Asmussen using exactly the same joke as a week ago for the last panel. Guess he couldn't think of a third thing this time around.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

WampaLord posted:

Wow, an actual Good Cartoon from Branco.
:agreed: It's not insulting, it's based in reality, and it's not over-labeled.

Who is this person and what have they done with Branco?

fade5 fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 20, 2016

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

walgreenslatino posted:

Rall is a talentless, egomaniacal hack but he is one of the few cartoonists who call the President on his "oh my burdens weary me, I had to kill a child today" spin

While I agree with both the "Rall's a hack" and "the drone program is horrible" statements, the reason Rall gets poo poo over it is because of how he frames it. He published one cartoon I wouldn't even begin to know how to find which basically accused gay people of voting for Obama and throwing future drone victims under the bus so they could have rights. Which makes it seem like it was a choice between "gay rights" or "stop drone strikes in the Middle East," but c'mon, anybody who's reading this thread realistically knows that it was more like "gay rights and drone strikes" or "no gay rights and more drone strikes and probably worse."

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Keiya posted:

I thought that was a joke about mudslinging.

Mud isn't any more debased than trash, though. If anything, "it breeds in trash" is more damning than "in mud puddles," because pick up after your drat self, rear end in a top hat.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah, drones are a real issue that not enough people are talking about, but Tud Röll works them into the background of just about every cartoon, and makes way too many that are explicitly about them with very little in the way of original ideas, it's just the same "hey you know this issue people talk about? Well what about DRONES" poo poo every time. His drone obsession is almost as bad as Allie's unhealthy fixation on Madigan/Rauner/people leaving IL.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

MechaCrash posted:

While I agree with both the "Rall's a hack" and "the drone program is horrible" statements, the reason Rall gets poo poo over it is because of how he frames it. He published one cartoon I wouldn't even begin to know how to find which basically accused gay people of voting for Obama and throwing future drone victims under the bus so they could have rights. Which makes it seem like it was a choice between "gay rights" or "stop drone strikes in the Middle East," but c'mon, anybody who's reading this thread realistically knows that it was more like "gay rights and drone strikes" or "no gay rights and more drone strikes and probably worse."

Ted Rall makes the mistake of assuming nihilistic cynicism towards how "the system is rigged", and tarring all politicians as being "all the same", is somehow being wise to the political process, rather than a bullshit mental heuristic that allows someone to feel smugly superior while doing absolutely nothing at all.

Or maybe it's not a mistake and that was his plan all along. Who can say?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Ted Rall would complain about ice cream being cold. He doesn't really care about anything getting fixed or improving as long as he, Ted Rall, gets to smugly point out the fact that he is correct.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

alnilam posted:

Yeah, drones are a real issue that not enough people are talking about, but Tud Röll works them into the background of just about every cartoon, and makes way too many that are explicitly about them with very little in the way of original ideas, it's just the same "hey you know this issue people talk about? Well what about DRONES" poo poo every time. His drone obsession is almost as bad as Allie's unhealthy fixation on Madigan/Rauner/people leaving IL.

"But - drones?!?" is basically Ted in a nutshell

also I just lol'd remembering how he claimed he was just going to draw Obama as a smiley face in protest after DailyKOS kicked him off for his purple squash-nosed Dr. Hibbert caricature, then promptly gave up on that after like two cartoons

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

colonel_korn posted:

2 :nallears: this is beyond parody at this point

Er uh there's a one thousand dollar leaving town tax.

quote:

People are gonna be real confused when they see the drawing of the guy in that last panel on a book titled "TRUMP." Even though it's probably more that Trump neither knows nor gives a poo poo who Rall is, I like to imagine he saw that caricature and went "THIS guy wants to do a book about me?"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ThePeavstenator posted:

Ted Rall would complain about ice cream being cold. He doesn't really care about anything getting fixed or improving as long as he, Ted Rall, gets to smugly point out the fact that he is correct.
Ted Rall is a real life Holden Caulfield basically

Yes Trump I sure want to experience what my dad and granddad and greatgranddad lived back in the "Smoggy City" days

I think the hipster is supposed to be the Mayor of Braddock John Fetterman
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fetterman_(politician)
He's trying to run for the US Senate :allears:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Man if that's what you want, why not just play Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell?

(though part of it reminds me more of Wacker Drive in Chicago. Equally terrifying.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for the cartoons.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/harriet-tubman-replace-andrew-jackson-20-bill-article-1.2608465

• Locked thread