Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what part of what i said was a lie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Amethyst posted:

you keep saying this, and I keep telling you multiple vendors have maintained long term support for various OS releases.

if you keep repeating a lie for long enough it doesn't magically become true

these are mostly vendors that sell support
apple is a hardware vendor

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

wow jon gruber is a hosed up little neocon?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

ahmeni posted:

these are mostly vendors that sell support
apple is a hardware vendor

this is going over blue stymie's head so don't bother

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
apple just needs to spin off their os divisions and support 3rd party hardware :unsmigghh:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

infernal machines posted:

apple just needs to spin off their os divisions and support 3rd party hardware :unsmigghh:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

infernal machines posted:

federighi or someone called OS X a "PC operating system" last year

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ouch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I look at this thread and see amythyst strutting around the squared circle like a boss after dropping hundreds of people's elbows on a cadre of the worst posters in this forum

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Smythe posted:

I look at this thread and see amythyst strutting around the squared circle like a boss after dropping hundreds of people's elbows on a cadre of the worst posters in this forum

you should visit your optometrist

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

the two stymies could be totally right about apple stuff having their faults, but the main question is 'if they are so garbage then what else should you use instead?'
because everything else out there seem to be worse

seriously whats a good alternative that we can buy and use right now?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
nice to see that blue stymie's dumb gimmick still works

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
the stymie moniker has become synonymous with mental disease. not like one of the ones where they have some deficiency or you can tell they want to be normal, but like one of those ones where you see the kid being an rear end to his clearly fatigued mother in public and like you can tell he ain't right but you're also secretly hoping his mom would just slap him and set him straight but it never happens because people are too accepting nowadays

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

the stymie moniker has become synonymous with mental disease. not like one of the ones where they have some deficiency or you can tell they want to be normal, but like one of those ones where you see the kid being an rear end to his clearly fatigued mother in public and like you can tell he ain't right but you're also secretly hoping his mom would just slap him and set him straight but it never happens because people are too accepting nowadays

u/p c

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao all the people getting owned on this thread

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

i own a physical copy of this poster

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lmao. ppc users were so goddamned stupid

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
low-powered ppc g5s were such a funny pipe dream

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
also funny pipe dream

https://www.reddit.com/r/lonelyheartbeats

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i used to work with a guy who sincerely believed apple made a huge mistake in switching away from powerpc to intel.

he also was still buying amd chips as of a couple of years ago. i think he's just incredibly bitterly anti-intel.

well that and a huge goddamn loser too, for numerous other reasons

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
- Upgrade iOS on old model phone
- Turn off animations, search indexing, background app refresh
- Continue to use phone at previous speed

Android tier level phone janitoring

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i used to work with a guy who sincerely believed apple made a huge mistake in switching away from powerpc to intel.

he also was still buying amd chips as of a couple of years ago. i think he's just incredibly bitterly anti-intel.

it's hilarious because when the g5 powermac came out, the g5 was slower than an intel xeon but the amd opteron was faster than both

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

PleasureKevin posted:

wow jon gruber is a hosed up little neocon?
john fireball is such a herb that he makes his living cheerleading for the world's most profitable corporation, so I am in no way surprised that he would be vocally supporting the obvious establishment candidate

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
despite having 1/4 the marketshare and half the amount of overall downloads, the ios app store brought in 2x the amount of revenue as the google play store

android users are literally 1/8 as valuable as iphone users

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

despite having 1/4 the marketshare and half the amount of overall downloads, the ios app store brought in 2x the amount of revenue as the google play store

they're extremely poor

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

americans have more money than the rest of the world, news at 11

gently caress off with your rule 36

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

I wonder how much of that is treadmill iap

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
and nobody buys windows phone or blackberry apps

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what windows phone or blackberry apps?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Linguica posted:

john fireball is such a herb that he makes his living cheerleading for the world's most profitable corporation, so I am in no way surprised that he would be vocally supporting the obvious establishment candidate

small note here that thats what ppl in this forum do, but for free. thats even worse

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Smythe posted:

small note here that thats what ppl in this forum do, but for free. thats even worse

that's called grassroots, but john is a shill!

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

My interests? Well.. I'm a big fan of Apple Inc., the New York Yankees, and Hillary Clinton

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

sundar: youll find my balls require extra attention this morning
smythe: *hurp*

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

tbf the "app economy" is dead either way

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

tbf the "app economy" is dead either way

:agreed:

thanks loving clash of clans

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
long live the chatbot economy i guess

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Encrypted posted:

the two stymies could be totally right about apple stuff having their faults, but the main question is 'if they are so garbage then what else should you use instead?'
because everything else out there seem to be worse

seriously whats a good alternative that we can buy and use right now?

you could see if there would be someone willing to part with their iphone 4s with ios 5, but that's doubtful

basically, there is no quality alternative and that's the problem, so use whatever you want just know that it's worse than what's come before

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i bet he used the word "wintel " a lot

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

SO DEMANDING posted:

i bet he used the word "wintel " a lot

he claimed to have once owned a company that provided security guard services, but had to close it because insurance costs got too high. he also told me about how he used to work as a security guard himself, and on one occasion while patrolling an apartment complex parking lot, came upon someone drinking a beer at night in the lot; he chased him down on foot and slung his mag-lite at the guy's legs to bring him down.

hmmm

he also said he got fired from TSA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

he claimed to have once owned a company that provided security guard services, but had to close it because insurance costs got too high. he also told me about how he used to work as a security guard himself, and on one occasion while patrolling an apartment complex parking lot, came upon someone drinking a beer at night in the lot; he chased him down on foot and slung his mag-lite at the guy's legs to bring him down.

hmmm

he also said he got fired from TSA.

yowza

• Locked thread