Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

goatface posted:

Perhaps it's a two-sided joke. Non-medical people think "haha, why would you wake him up to give him sleeping pills", medical people think "haha, only a student doctor would ask whether they should give the patient their scheduled medication".

No a medical person would think "they are making this joke, but this is an actual question I have gotten while on call."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

This makes me think Mark's pals actually died earlier, maybe over the chasm, they're now figments of his imagination that are agreeing with everything he says and pulling facts out of his own memory, like Chef Gusteau did to Remy in Ratatouille.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

RolandTower posted:

No a medical person would think "they are making this joke, but this is an actual question I have gotten while on call."

Makes sense. Do they actually call them sleeping pills?

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 28, 1951)

Barnaby (September 2, 1942)

Nancy (May 12, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 23, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 21, 1923)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

"Wait to you see it work?" :raise:

Wallace the Brave

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 20, 2016

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That's one hell of a sentence.

F Minus

Mary Worth

But did DaVinci ever do parkour?

Rex Morgan MD

All for Sarah! All hail Sarah!

Secret Agent X-9

"It's probably him, so go ahead and shoot, just try not to actually kill whoever it is just in case."

Apartment 3-G

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set hates needles.

Working Daze reminds you that better comic strips exist.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix says a bad word.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

Intelligent Life

Imagine me jamming a lobotomy drill up my nose and into my brain, forever.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

One of his best friends did an awful lot of it.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

That's one hell of a sentence.

Mary Worth

I see it a lot in comic strips but I don't think I've ever seen anyone in real life hold a sandwich that way.

Also, I hope DaVinci inspires Dawn to start building siege engines and human-powered flying machines.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Esplanade posted:

I see it a lot in comic strips but I don't think I've ever seen anyone in real life hold a sandwich that way.

Also, I hope DaVinci inspires Dawn to start building siege engines and human-powered flying machines.

Either that, or she'll have a blind urge to get it on with a Italian guy called Salai. :heysexy:

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
The whole "Leonardo stayed dedicated to his projects until completion" thing isn't true, either. He often got easily distracted, and left behind many unfinished drawings and concepts. There's a reason the Mona Lisa took 10 years to finish.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis
Jelly is made with gelatin :ms:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Esplanade posted:

I hold them that way if they have a lot of stuff in them :(

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Darkest Auer fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 21, 2016

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Pogo (April 22-23, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (September 9-12, 1954)

Later a Viewmaster reel (and a cherished part of my collection).

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Mr. Tweedy

Life In Hell

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Jam is made with bits of the fruit in it. So, it's a thicker, chunkier, jelly.

Jam is a bit runnier, jello sets up much firmer. Well store bought jam acts like jello, but I don't classify it as actual jam, more like industrial byproduct.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Third panel genuinely made me laugh. That's rare for a newspaper comic!

Also, I guess Spidey innately knows where his Spider Tracer is without looking at anything.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Julet Esqu posted:

Also, I guess Spidey innately knows where his Spider Tracer is without looking at anything.

I believe it runs off his spidey sense, not radar or anything like that.

Sally Forth

I always love the self-aware humor, but what the hell is wrong with her face in that last panel?

Savidudeosoo fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 21, 2016

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
Edit: Double Post

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Savidudeosoo posted:

I always love the self-aware humor, but what the hell is wrong with her face in that last panel?

Jim Keefe isn't very good at drawing characters consistently.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

So what are the odds this sets up the inevitable mugging plotline of this trip? I'm thinking at least 60%.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

SomeMathGuy posted:

So what are the odds this sets up the inevitable mugging plotline of this trip? I'm thinking at least 60%.

And the mugger will get beaten up by Quill and he'll get together with Luann again :barf:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Haha wow you guys. New York is so crazy and different, Especially for us teens! We're going to see a celebrity I bet even. Maybe have a slice of pizza after midnight. Whoa Nelly

I hate Luann more than any other strip in this thread and that's saying something in a world where Working Daze exists.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

As a former New Yorker, the idea of riding the subway and *then* taking a cab is utterly silly. There are very few places in Manhattan that aren't within easy walking distance of a subway stop. Unless this hot, hip club is out in Williamsburg, in which case have fun getting a cab after midnight!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse can't maintain a schedule.

So here's Viivi & Wagner

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

Haha wow you guys. New York is so crazy and different, Especially for us teens! We're going to see a celebrity I bet even. Maybe have a slice of pizza after midnight. Whoa Nelly

I hate Luann more than any other strip in this thread and that's saying something in a world where Working Daze exists.

I for one am looking forward to Luann and Bernice unwittingly getting caught up in a jewel heist, then risking their lives to chase down the thief as he flees in his speedboat and finally being rewarded by becoming America's first robot citizens

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GoComics isn't working right today for whatever reason, or Adams' site.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Bizarro

Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

You think he would've learned from the last telephone call they shoved at him.

Meanwhile, GoComics blew up this morning, which means you get Pogo to fill that gaping hole where Skippy usually goes. (April 24, 1958)

Today's Peanuts showed up when nothing else did. Total coincidence. (April 24, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean, sadly, is on another website, so it went up on schedule. My deepest condolences.

Crankshaft has it all figured out...until he doesn't.

Out Our Way (February 20-21, 1929)

The lighter side of suffocating your little brother!

Thimble Theater continues with Popeye the poo poo-Disturber. (November 8, 1929)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Popeye's pipe should be checked for illegal narcotics.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

kidcoelacanth posted:

I work in theater. Luann causes me physical pain.

But why else does one read the funny pages nowadays?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

goatface posted:

Popeye's pipe should be checked for illegal narcotics.

I'm sure they're legal in whatever port he bought them at.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine Meets GoComics Downtime

The Phantom

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Really Pants posted:

I for one am looking forward to Luann and Bernice unwittingly getting caught up in a jewel heist, then risking their lives to chase down the thief as he flees in his speedboat and finally being rewarded by becoming America's first robot citizens
Well the last thing I expected to see today was a plot summary of Short Circuit 2, but here we are.

I couldn't get F Minus due to the current gocomics meltdown, but here's the rest.

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

I'm not what you'd call a "gun guy" but I don't think a Tommy gun is the kind of precision shooting instrument you want to use to not hit things while shooting in their general direction. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Apartment 3-G

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I come from a country that puts kebab meat and fries on a pizza without a hint of shame, but coleslaw? Really, Funkelbean?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

The mayor hosed off to the big city and got lost and was missing for like a month and a half, but that's not much of a big deal in sleepy little Devon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Them New York cab drivers and their nightlife savvy.

• Locked thread