Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't Champa explicitly Beerus brother?

They are, but that could really mean anything. I figured when Beerus was created Champa was also created slightly afterward so they were just considered siblings in that sense.

Also, only universe 6 and 7 are counterparts. The other universes probably have completely different people, so I don't think there are seven just like Beerus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

tsob posted:

There's presumably at least 7 of each. I don't know that you'd really call 7 beings a race, but then, what else do you call it?

A pantheon, in this case.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I kinda took Hit's thing in that he trained his body some but never needed to improve his time-lapse, he worked on his body's limits to use his ability and not the other way around, and since he can't just transform and power up he now tries training the illegal time lapse and now he's gonna DIO it up.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Momomo posted:

They are, but that could really mean anything. I figured when Beerus was created Champa was also created slightly afterward so they were just considered siblings in that sense.

Also, only universe 6 and 7 are counterparts. The other universes probably have completely different people, so I don't think there are seven just like Beerus.

It's the same litter. They're cats. God cats.

Watch this be Toriyama's actual explanation.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I kinda took Hit's thing in that he trained his body some but never needed to improve his time-lapse, he worked on his body's limits to use his ability and not the other way around, and since he can't just transform and power up he now tries training the illegal time lapse and now he's gonna DIO it up.

Hit did not realize until just now that his power works like Guldo and he has to hold his breath.

He doesn't talk very sparingly because he is stoic and mysterious, it is because he is actually mentally challenged :eng101:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Manga chapter 11 scans are out,

Vegeta loving nails Frost with a knee to the gut. Its very brutal and way better than the manga. I prefer this newer version of the Magetta fight, it never sat right with me that Vegeta struggled with a steam robot. This newer version is also much quicker. Vegeta tries to lift him, gets clobbered on the head and then destroys parts of the ring. Very funny fight. Cabba is next issue!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Momomo posted:

actually all the universes come in pairs to add up to13 so 12 universes in 6 pairs

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I'm digging the fights, but gently caress.. I can't get behind Hit's little boost. It's like he didn't know he could scream and glow until that moment. "I never needed to get better so I didn't until THIS VERY SECOND" is such a bullshit response. I'd love it if someone would just pull a Kaioken on Goku.. "Yeah this hurts like a motherfucker and I'll pay for this in the morning, but there's no way I'm going to let you beat me."

It's always been like that in DBZ. Fighters plateau off until either by chance or necessity they encounter someone stronger who inspires them to reach new levels. Goku and Vegeta were hanging around SSJ2 and 3 at the start of the series and may never have discovered God ki if not for Beerus and Whis showing up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

The Ninth Layer posted:

It's always been like that in DBZ. Fighters plateau off until either by chance or necessity they encounter someone stronger who inspires them to reach new levels. Goku and Vegeta were hanging around SSJ2 and 3 at the start of the series and may never have discovered God ki if not for Beerus and Whis showing up.

This is different though. This is someone with a mysterious power who just started screaming and somehow enhanced his entire schtick. I know it sounds like the same thing, but this time it felt so much worse.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

You all are acting like Hit is some special weirdo when Frieza was already like this.

That's why Frieza was even able to outmatch SSJ Blue, because he actually trained for once.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Elfgames posted:

actually all the universes come in pairs to add up to13 so 12 universes in 6 pairs

Oh, what I meant was that universe 6 is the only counterpart to 7. The rest are (apparently) pairs that have nothing in common with either 6 or 7.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Aurora posted:

You all are acting like Hit is some special weirdo when Frieza was already like this.

That's why Frieza was even able to outmatch SSJ Blue, because he actually trained for once.

I didn't watch the anime version of Ressurection F', but it'd be funny if the reason why Goku returned to the Kaioken was seeing Golden Freeza. "Man, he's burning himself out for a power boost, what a dummy...oh, didn't I use to have a technique like that? Should look into it again."

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So is the Vegeta vs Cabba fight exceptionally bad animation for Super?

E: The pre Super Saiyan part of it I mean

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 19, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Nope, it's fine. Episode 5 was the worst it's been.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Momomo posted:

Oh, what I meant was that universe 6 is the only counterpart to 7. The rest are (apparently) pairs that have nothing in common with either 6 or 7.

well they probably have a simmilar god structure so i'd say it's not improbable for there to be 6 pairs of destruction god siblings

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Elfgames posted:

well they probably have a simmilar god structure so i'd say it's not improbable for there to be 6 pairs of destruction god siblings

Also since it's Dragon Ball, there's likely another god above all those gods, a Supreme God of Destruction, if you will.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
A mother cat?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It should be a Neko Majin.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Dragon Ball Fusions new info:

quote:

Filling the "Maxi Gauge" during battle makes the ultimate "Maxi Fusion" possible, where the five fuse together, protagonist included.

There are two ways to fuse: the Fusion technique we learn in the Boo arc and the EX Fusion. Fusion has the Metamorians' clothes and, in that world where everything is fused, it is somewhat easier to do. The EX Fusion uses the "Metamo Ring" that was created by Bulma and, while not comparable to a normal fusion, makes it possible for any compatible characters to fuse and unfuse.

Welp. The dream is real. :allears:

Also,

"Pandel."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shouldn't 5 saiyans fusing together give you a Super Saiyan God? :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Only if they're pure, which means one of them is an rear end in a top hat

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Only if they're pure, which means one of them is an rear end in a top hat

I knew there was a reason I didn't like Pan.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

Shouldn't 5 saiyans fusing together give you a Super Saiyan God? :colbert:

No, they'd need a sixth to take the Fusion's power.

Also I take from that paragraph that Potara fusions won't appear. I guess it makes sense, since the game would need fusions to be temporary. Too bad for Vegetto, Kibitoshin and Gotan though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The real important news is that shows Nappa is part of the game

can't wait to fuse Nappa with people

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, they'd need a sixth to take the Fusion's power.

Also I take from that paragraph that Potara fusions won't appear. I guess it makes sense, since the game would need fusions to be temporary. Too bad for Vegetto, Kibitoshin and Gotan though.

the EX band is basically a temporary Potara fusion since it combines their clothes and stuff. i imagine those fusions will be possible with the band/ring/whatever they're calling it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Nappa's been showing up in handheld games a lot more lately, huh? Usually, if they wanted a Saiyan Arc representative, they'd just use Vegeta.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I just watched a clip of Goku going SSB Kaio-ken. Dammit, this poo poo still gets me hype as gently caress and I'm an alleged grown rear end man.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
DBZ is for everyone

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i make my trunks piccolo and cell toys fight

kaioken super saiyan is cool its been done before in filler

the show looks great in the still that i see

i dont feel motivated by it. the more the universe expands the less extreme the fights are.

the older show was WAY more violent.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Serious question - if a guy and a girl fuse, what happens? I need to know for my fanfic.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

New Leaf posted:

Serious question - if a guy and a girl fuse, what happens? I need to know for my fanfic.

They become an intersexed individual

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What happens when a gendered person fuses with a genderless entity

Can piccolokrillin vomit eggs?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

They become Ranma 1/2

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Zzulu posted:

DBZ is for everyone

I don't think it's for me. I watched a clip of the SSB Kaoi-Ken on Youtube, and all I kept thinking was "please stop screaming and powering up already and just get on with the fight", followed by thinking that Goku powering up far beyond Hit and ending the fight quick because he was so much stronger was a rather boring resolution. The entire tournament sounds kind of boring honestly (I'm not watching Super), since Goku and Vegeta are so far beyond most of their opponents and just fighting with kiddy gloves to make it interesting.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

New Leaf posted:

Ask the Steven Universe community about Stevonnie. I'm sure you'll get your answer and everything will turn out okay.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tsob posted:

I don't think it's for me. I watched a clip of the SSB Kaoi-Ken on Youtube, and all I kept thinking was "please stop screaming and powering up already and just get on with the fight", followed by thinking that Goku powering up far beyond Hit and ending the fight quick because he was so much stronger was a rather boring resolution. The entire tournament sounds kind of boring honestly (I'm not watching Super), since Goku and Vegeta are so far beyond most of their opponents and just fighting with kiddy gloves to make it interesting.

No tournament in Dragonball history has ever been serious, until the final match when people start dying. That should be next episode :D

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

outside of that time vegeta blew up the arena, I don't think anyone has ever died in a dragon ball tournament? krillin died after one that one time tho

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

outside of that time vegeta blew up the arena, I don't think anyone has ever died in a dragon ball tournament? krillin died after one that one time tho

It's been a while since I saw Dragonball, but I distinctly remember Goku turning into a giant ape and going on a rampage at the end of one, and Piccilo destroying the arena in another.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rutibex posted:

No tournament in Dragonball history has ever been serious, until the final match when people start dying. That should be next episode :D

I didn't complain that the tournament wasn't serious or that people weren't dying, only that Goku and Krillin were fighting everyone bar Hit without ever really trying since they didn't even go SS at times and only went SSB in the Hit fight in reality. Which is just dull to me and takes a lot of the tension out of the fight, since you know that they're not even taking it seriously. Like I said though, I don't think Dragonball Z/Super is for me anymore. I'm just here for Abridged and Dragonball original.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't believe Krillin is participating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

They're martial artists, they're not going to go all out needlessly. Goku and Vegeta don't just want to one-shot their way to victory, they're both prideful and enjoy competition for the sake of it. That's leaving behind the strategic element of holding back their true power until it is absolutely needed.

• Locked thread