Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

They already unkilled Fixer? That's disappointing.

He was trapped in a time loop, but he could easily set something up so he survived that. Would not be the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

It's always a nice surprise whenever Hark! A Vagrant's in color. :)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Speaking of Kate Beaton, her latest Cloak & Dagger comic is hilarious.

Since it's :nws:, have a link instead.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

He was trapped in a time loop, but he could easily set something up so he survived that. Would not be the first time.

Plus he's in Bucky's Thunderbolts line-up, so clearly he was gonna be around.

I love that Kraven's characterisation (and continuity!) is mostly consistent with his appearances in Squirrel Girl and Howard The Duck. (He was also great in this week's Howard, actually)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yvonmukluk posted:

Speaking of Kate Beaton, her latest Cloak & Dagger comic is hilarious.

Since it's :nws:, have a link instead.

The dude driving off as fast as possible when Cloak starts talking about his own lack of a body cracks me up.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Taskmaster has been having a lot of off-days lately.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I love that no one in the Marvel U can seem to remember that his healing factor isn't the only thing Wolverine and by extension his children have going for them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I love that no one in the Marvel U can seem to remember that his healing factor isn't the only thing Wolverine and by extension his children have going for them.

To be fair, has Tasky fought this Wolverine before? He genuinely might not know about the foot claws, because Logan didn't have them.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, has Tasky fought this Wolverine before? He genuinely might not know about the foot claws, because Logan didn't have them.

Also he has a known weakness to things that dumb: Agent X beat him up by doing the Macarena or some poo poo.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Spider-Man/Deadpool #4

Deadpool takes Spidey clubbing:

Edit: The whole issue is pretty funny.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 21, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SilverSupernova posted:

Taskmaster has been having a lot of off-days lately.

Being able to mimic fighting techniques, but not powers has it's shortcomings.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Veotax posted:

Also Punisher 2099

Oh look it's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice's Batman! :v: But seriously Snyder should just do this since the over the top tone is pitch perfect for his tastes.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Say Nothing posted:

Being able to mimic fighting techniques, but not powers has it's shortcomings.

My favorite part of this is how his cape conforms to the shape of the crater in the last panel.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She smashed down a field hard enough that it compressed the concrete in a smooth circle, but he is not dead. Dude's got more superpowers than he's been letting on.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

flosofl posted:

Spider-Man/Deadpool #4

Deadpool takes Spidey clubbing:

Deadpool's on a team that would have interns, right? It's not that he personally has them, as much as I want that to be what's implied.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

Deadpool's on a team that would have interns, right? It's not that he personally has them, as much as I want that to be what's implied.

He owns a corporation and is funding the Avengers right now, so yes?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

goatface posted:

She smashed down a field hard enough that it compressed the concrete in a smooth circle, but he is not dead. Dude's got more superpowers than he's been letting on.

She obviously built a secondary field around him so he only got squashed a little bit while the ground was compressed smooth for effect.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Squirrel Girl and Howard the Duck had one of those crossovers everyone's so keen about, also featuring Beast, an original X-Man.
Howard the Duck #6

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Squirrel Girl and Howard the Duck had one of those crossovers everyone's so keen about, also featuring Beast, an original X-Man.
Howard the Duck #6

I picked a bad time to drop Howard from my pull list.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beast being hit in the face by a hammer is always a good time

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

More Howard #6

For context, Howard has been kidnapped by a supervillain who uses the equipment, weapons and gadgets of various iconic Marvel superheroes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What the gently caress does eat bread kick head mean. Is it just dumb lol random poo poo?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

What the gently caress does eat bread kick head mean. Is it just dumb lol random poo poo?

It's a play on the Squirrel Girl "EATS NUTS KICKS BUTTS" thing.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

team overhead smash posted:

More Howard #6

For context, Howard has been kidnapped by a supervillain who uses the equipment, weapons and gadgets of various iconic Marvel superheroes.

I don't read Howard and now maybe I should, but what's up with the little text at the bottom? Is that like the writer and editor making footnotes to each other? Does it happen often throughout the series?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is he SUPPOSED to be dressed as Gizmo Duck?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Also, who's ring is that supposed to be? Does Marvel have a non-Nova knock-off Green Lantern?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Is he SUPPOSED to be dressed as Gizmo Duck?

Pssssh, Gizmo Duck wouldn't be caught dead in a cape!

Looks like he's amalgamed with all the DC heroes. Took me a sec to notice the lasso.

plainswalker75 posted:

Also, who's ring is that supposed to be? Does Marvel have a non-Nova knock-off Green Lantern?

Pretty sure he's just supposed to be a mashup of DC heroes. Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, Hawkman, Flash, an armor suited Batman, and maybe Cyborg?

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 21, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

plainswalker75 posted:

Also, whose lasso of truth and whose thanagarian morning star...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ferrule posted:

I don't read Howard and now maybe I should, but what's up with the little text at the bottom? Is that like the writer and editor making footnotes to each other? Does it happen often throughout the series?
It's actually an Unbeatable Squirrel Girl thing. In UBS it's usually Squirrel Girl commenting, but in this crossover it's the writers of UBC and Howard the Duck.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Ferrule posted:

Ryan North makes little jokes down there in Squirrel Girl, so both him and Chip Zdarsky were doing it as a conversation thing for the crossover. Ordinarily Howard the Duck doesn't feature that text, though.

e: f;b.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

10 Beers posted:

Looks like he's amalgamed with all the DC heroes. Took me a sec to notice the lasso.

Pretty sure he's just supposed to be a mashup of DC heroes. Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, Hawkman, Flash, an armor suited Batman, and maybe Cyborg?

prefect posted:

Also, whose lasso of truth and whose thanagarian morning star...

:doh: I really didn't connect the dots at all there.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

10 Beers posted:

Fanart aside those are pretty distinct legs and tummy monitor. The fanart doesn't have his chest emblem but it looks the same too.

Edit: and he's fighting a mashup of Marvel heroes

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 21, 2016

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

flosofl posted:

He owns a corporation and is funding the Avengers right now, so yes?

Thank you, Deadpool News is one of the reasons I follow this thread.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

plainswalker75 posted:

The non-Nova knock-off Green Lantern is Doctor Spectrum.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Ferrule posted:

Ryan North is also a web comic author and he puts what is basically alt text at the bottom of each Squirrel Girl page

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

The non-Nova knock-off Green Lantern is Doctor Spectrum.

Also Quasar.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mover posted:

Ryan North is also a web comic author and he puts what is basically alt text at the bottom of each Squirrel Girl page

It's tippy toe!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superman: American Alien #6

Young Clark Kent gives flying to the moon a shot.

and Landis gets another excuse to write a drunk Superman :)

Previously in issue #3

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

It's actually an Unbeatable Squirrel Girl thing. In UBS it's usually Squirrel Girl commenting, but in this crossover it's the writers of UBC and Howard the Duck.

Eh, it's kind of inconsistent. Sometimes it's supposed to be Doreen, it seems, but it also seems like it's meant to be Ryan himself a lot of the time. Especially in this story, where him and Chip had a lot of fun with it. (I especially liked the 'guy who knows things' runner)