Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i know someone who is star platinum mad about i want you so i call him chic-a-cherry cola now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

It took me around 5-6 years to get that song out of my head after it was released.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
I've been seriously bored and depressed lately so i started reading this poo poo.

I couldn't find part 1 so i started at Battle tendency and the first loving thing that happens is the hero punches a nose-picking cop so hard his finger goes through his nose.
Then there's a vampire who's set up as a major villain but then jojo just loving punches him apart and HEY LOOK HAVE SOME NAZIS!

It's just so gloriously ADHD. Am i missing something from not reading part 1? I just know that Dio is an rear end in a top hat vampire and the first jojo died killing him

edit: Fascism! It's A-OK!

George Rouncewell fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 20, 2016

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Illegal Username posted:

I've been seriously bored and depressed lately so i started reading this poo poo.

I couldn't find part 1 so i started at Battle tendency and the first loving thing that happens is the hero punches a nose-picking cop so hard his finger goes through his nose.
Then there's a vampire who's set up as a major villain but then jojo just loving punches him apart and HEY LOOK HAVE SOME NAZIS!

It's just so gloriously ADHD. Am i missing something from not reading part 1? I just know that Dio is an rear end in a top hat vampire and the first jojo died killing him

edit: Fascism! It's A-OK!

You can purchase it online my friend or you go to the usual haunt for jojo.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Skip all of the manga, anime only is the COOLEST

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

gently caress it, just read Baoh.

Only Baoh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Read Gorgeous Irene and learn how to pull dangerous pranks. Or was that the other one?

Edit: I think it's Cool Shock BT I'm thinking of.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I went back in time and exclusively read the doodles baby Araki drew on the walls of his cave in -100,000,000BC

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Illegal Username posted:

Eh, you're kinda missing the buildup of one of the most important things in Jojo mythology, which is the main reason why I'd tell you to go back and read Phantom Blood if you can. That or watch the anime, because it's like 9 20-min episodes, you can finish it in a sitting if you have the time.

Also it only gets weirder.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sinners Sandwich posted:

gently caress it, just read Baoh.

Only Baoh

i don't know anything about Baoh but it's fun to say Baoh

BAOH

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Waffleman_ posted:

Read Gorgeous Irene and learn how to pull dangerous pranks. Or was that the other one?

Edit: I think it's Cool Shock BT I'm thinking of.
I will never not repost this.

Reminder: Araki got this published in a magazine for young boys and they didn't immediately revoke his serialization until he taught them how to replicate the effects of food poisoning for fun and profit. Cool Shock BT is not a good influence.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

VIZ, if you're reading this, if you license and publish Cool Shock BT I will literally buy two copies.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Dias posted:

Eh, you're kinda missing the buildup of one of the most important things in Jojo mythology, which is the main reason why I'd tell you to go back and read Phantom Blood if you can. That or watch the anime, because it's like 9 20-min episodes, you can finish it in a sitting if you have the time.

Also it only gets weirder.

That and there's also More Speedwagon.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

BaDandy posted:

That and there's also More Speedwagon.

Also Tarkus and Bruford are two of the most underrated antagonists in JoJo history :colbert:

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Robert Edward O. Speedwagon defrosts an Italian man's frozen arm with the power of his abs.

Please read Phantom Blood.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Also Tarkus and Bruford are two of the most underrated antagonists in JoJo history :colbert:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

BaDandy posted:

Robert Edward O. Speedwagon defrosts an Italian man's frozen arm with the power of his abs.

He also Withdraws Coolly.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

He also Withdraws Coolly.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Speedwagon was so gay for Jonathan, look at that mix of dejection and 'I'm happy he's happy' on his face

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Please. The bond between gentlemen goes beyond mere romance, it is a friendship that transcends boundaries.

Even if it perhaps looks intensely homoerotic, that's just you. Now quickly, warm yourself on my abs.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

BaDandy posted:

loving sold

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Yinlock posted:

Please. The bond between gentlemen goes beyond mere romance, it is a friendship that transcends boundaries.

Even if it perhaps looks intensely homoerotic, that's just you. Now quickly, warm yourself on my abs.

Sometimes when you want to look out for your mom you end up inside another man. Things happen, that's just life.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a trip to think this is the same artist.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

30 years is a long time to get good at drawing.

The joy of reading Jojo is as much watching Araki grow as an artist as it is experiencing the utterly insane balls-to-the-wall stuff he comes up with.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah, its important to remember that, given the average mangaka schedule, Araki has likely spent at least ten hours a day drawing, every day, for longer than most people in this thread have been alive

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

The joy of reading Jojo is as much watching Araki grow as an artist as it is experiencing the utterly insane balls-to-the-wall stuff he comes up with.

Yet somehow it rarely feels as crazy as "Hey kids, here's how to catch dangerous wasps! If they sting you you might die! Not my problem!".

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a trip to think this is the same artist.
i love jojos. but you could switch their faces and not tell the difference.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

mr. stefan posted:

Yeah, its important to remember that, given the average mangaka schedule, Araki has likely spent at least ten hours a day drawing, every day, for longer than most people in this thread have been alive

Ten pages, ten color spreads, and ten sketches every day.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Early Araki looks like Tezuka art but with Ranma 1/2 eyes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This is my favorite Steel Ball Run cover because everyone has super similar faces and Johnny kinda looks like Brittney Spears

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Relin posted:

i love jojos. but you could switch their faces and not tell the difference.

This has been my main problem with the art since like the second half of steel ball run. It makes the Paper Moon King arc extra funny because come on everyone already looks the same just look for the one guy in town with a sailor suit over the age of 2.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Josuke you loving idoit

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
so he's a creature of the land.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Josuke you loving idoit

He's like two days old give him a break.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I appreciate the fact that Josuke likes to sleep with pressure on him so I don't feel like the only god drat hosed up weirdo out there who likes to have a really heavy duvet on me

I'd probably be fine with sleeping under a mattress, too

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I appreciate the fact that Josuke likes to sleep with pressure on him so I don't feel like the only god drat hosed up weirdo out there who likes to have a really heavy duvet on me

I'd probably be fine with sleeping under a mattress, too

I mean, he's essentially two bodies mushed together so he's not exactly normal.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

What's the not normal part of him. Are four balls not normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Rereading the ending of the Fun Fun Fun fight makes it clear that Kira was super suspicious of that guy of being a Rock Man to the point of drugging him (my speculation since he's a doctor) and convincing him to eat his fingers to see if they would turn stone or not.

Damnnnnnnn