Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Everyone is the hero in their own tale. Until they live long enough to become the villain because they don't kill themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Look I believe if you want to use an opposite gender restroom feel free and if you want to play the video games feel free and if you want to commit suicide feel free. Live and let live I say.

Or die, I suppose, as the case may be.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
oldpainless more like oldcareless amirite???

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That hurts my feelings.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://img.pr0gramm.com/2016/04/20/50c8bc8c4e45178e.webm

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

That looked like it went exactly as it should have. What were they expecting to happen?

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

that guy posted:

But the other day someone had said to me the contemplated suicide. Honestly, I didn't even see the full message, just that I in some way helped. I can't deal with that, honestly. What if in a year that person kills themselves? Am I then responsible for not being engaging enough to keep them interested?

I've asked a few times on my stream that people not donate with those messages. I don't want that on my conscience. And it all comes full circle, back to my mother. That's why I want to see you keep fighting. It may seem like all is lost and everyone around you sees you as a burden, but it's not true. You truly will never know how much you mean to someone until you're not around.
Maybe try saying something like, "Wow, I'm so sorry you went through that and I'm glad you're still with us, keep on keepin' on." instead of "People who commit suicide are selfish pricks" if you really don't want bad poo poo on your conscience, lmao.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chicken Doodle posted:

Some guy in Austin TX claimed Whole Foods wrote Fag on his "love wins" cake. He released a picture as well as opened a lawsuit.

Turns out the guy who made and gave him the cakes is also gay and Whole Foods released security footage showing the label was on top of his cake, not on the side as in his picture. Oh and the writing Colour and everything is totally different. And they are going to sue his rear end back into the closet.

http://m.statesman.com/news/business/whole-foods-taking-legal-action-against-cake-accus/nq7qt/

Beauty.

This reminds of the2008 Mcain/Pailin volunteer who tried to claim that on Election Day a 6"5 black guy in " Shiny Shoes" robbed her at an ATM and then drew a B on her face with a knife while screaming " You're going to be a Barak supporter bitch!" Drudge and Fox both went wild with stories of Strapping Young Bucks and Thugs intimidating and mutilationg precious, pure, virginal white women. Of course after 2 seconds of questioning her story falls apart completely. She then claim she had amnesia and woke up with a "B" carved on her face, and that her story of being attacked by black men was the the most logical conclusion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
Annoyed Reporter Rescues Man from Sinking Car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtlsIwhZHLo

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Your Gay Uncle posted:

This reminds of the2008 Mcain/Pailin volunteer who tried to claim that on Election Day a 6"5 black guy in " Shiny Shoes" robbed her at an ATM and then drew a B on her face with a knife while screaming " You're going to be a Barak supporter bitch!" Drudge and Fox both went wild with stories of Strapping Young Bucks and Thugs intimidating and mutilationg precious, pure, virginal white women. Of course after 2 seconds of questioning her story falls apart completely. She then claim she had amnesia and woke up with a "B" carved on her face, and that her story of being attacked by black men was the the most logical conclusion.

How can you leave out the absolute best part, that the B was backwards because she carved it while looking in a mirror.

edit:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

How can you leave out the absolute best part, that the B was backwards because she carved it while looking in a mirror.

edit:

That truly was the best part of the whole thing.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Staryberry posted:

Came to post this as well. That man is so hilariously dumb. I almost feel like the reporter saved his life by giving him the most basic instructions that should be human instinct.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Which also brings to mind this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hom-VLfDv4U

who claimed she was the victim of an anti-gay hate crime in which three unknown men broke into her home, beat her, tied her up, cut words into her skin, and vandalized her house before leaving.

Nope.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/judge-rogers-hate-crime-lie-exploded-in-her-face/article_8a527eef-a992-5144-b178-026226bfaa4e.html

And same thing with the backwards cuts: "the anti-gay slurs were written from her perspective, not an attacker’s."

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
At long long last.

Curt Shilling's big dumb mouth had gotten him fired.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/sports/baseball/curt-schilling-is-fired-by-espn.html?_r=0

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Why do I suddenly feel like I owe Kahled Mardam-Bey :10bux: from like two decades ago?

BallerBallerDillz has a new favorite as of 01:34 on Apr 21, 2016

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Tony Phillips posted:

At long long last.

Curt Shilling's big dumb mouth had gotten him fired bought out of his contract.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Ragequit posted:

Came to post this as well. That man is so hilariously dumb. I almost feel like the reporter saved his life by giving him the most basic instructions that should be human instinct.

Some humans respond to an emergency with exceptional clarity and strength. Others drive their Prius into a lake and then wonder if they should just stay in their sinking vehicle.

"Swim! Get out of the car?"
"Stay in the car?"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah, a lot of people go into shock or just can't figure out what to do when presented with a dangerous or even unusual situation. It's actually pretty normal and a huge amount of safety/emergency planning is based around the idea that in the slightest emergency people become temporarily retarded herd animals.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Eponine posted:

Some humans respond to an emergency with exceptional clarity and strength. Others drive their Prius into a lake and then wonder if they should just stay in their sinking vehicle.

"Swim! Get out of the car?"
"Stay in the car?"

In one of the many videos on YouTube of an icy street with cars just sliding down it and crashing into one big heap at the bottom, there's one where some lady sees the inevitability of what's happening and panics and *gets out of her car*, instantly slipping on the ice and almost getting run over by her own car.

Because taking your chances out on the slippery road with all those sliding chunks of steel is better than riding out a 15 mph crash protected by a big steel cage and a seat belt and airbag.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Improper rigging leads three US Army Humvees to smash to the ground on a parachute drop in Germany.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Karma Monkey posted:

That looked like it went exactly as it should have. What were they expecting to happen?

Perpetual motion machine.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

This is a pro-click :patriot:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The schadenfreude is running extremely deep here. gently caress that guy and his thieving ways out the door. The racism and transphobia is just the poo poo frosting on a poo poo cake of a human.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Jastiger posted:

The schadenfreude is running extremely deep here. gently caress that guy and his thieving ways out the door. The racism and transphobia is just the poo poo frosting on a poo poo cake of a human.

Thus spake Jastiger

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
“A man is a man no matter what they call themselves. I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, men’s room was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic.”

“"To be in a place where people actually believe I’m a racist or I’m transphobic says to me that something has gone horribly askew somewhere,”" he told the hosts"

Motherfucker is mystified as to how anyone would think he's transphobic. :iiam:

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

If it was Russia those trucks would have been packed full of soldiers conscripts. They paradrop BMPs fully loaded with troops.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Staryberry posted:

People are so stupid when it comes to trying to drive their cars through floodwater. Australian senator Barnaby Joyce tried to drive his four wheel drive through a flooded creek where it was bogged down and the engine flooded. Keep in mind that the four wheel drive was tax payer funded and that he says that he had not been acting irresponsibly.
It seriously happens all the goddamn time in Australia

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHO_Dj2dAxE

Dudes get caught trying to do a switcheroo scam, replacing real gold jewelry with fake stuff after a gold shop employee tested it. Switcheroo starts at 1:30. Punchline happens at 3:15

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Pillow Hat posted:

Talk poo poo get hit.

That's hosed up. Kid did not deserve to die.

He's rich and cheating at life, he just got hit by the teleporting monster box on the last level.

Kill all rich.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

WarpedNaba posted:

He's rich and cheating at life, he just got hit by the teleporting monster box on the last level.

Kill all rich.

On one hand, it's awful that he died. On the other hand from the way the story looks, he was acting like a poo poo and it would have been nice if he lived to be humiliated by it

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Aluminum pan, thunder storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y0QKiTQPkY

He lived.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is Curt Schilling banned from Rhode Island since his MMO, which was funded from a loan there, went under? I feel bad for the people who worked under him because he sounds like a turd.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHO_Dj2dAxE

Dudes get caught trying to do a switcheroo scam, replacing real gold jewelry with fake stuff after a gold shop employee tested it. Switcheroo starts at 1:30. Punchline happens at 3:15

We had someone do almost EXACTLY the same thing in a local Post Office, except it was currency and not gold- they took the money back, his mate told him to take the deal, while out of sight of the staff member, they took out a hundred odd Euros. Gave it back to do the exchange, but the staff member didn't recount it and lost about £100.

Fair play to that guy for double checking.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I hope to god that they are in the car trying to find the keys

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Judging from their heads' position, they are!

e: oldie

Sywert of Thieves has a new favorite as of 12:47 on Apr 21, 2016

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"Whine" was a perfect word to use because dude seriously always looks like he's crying

Melting. Ted Cruz is melting, Like the Senator from the first X-Men movie.

Monty Python's Flying Circus remake looking pretty good so far.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

zakharov posted:

Wasn't a previous thread title "shut up about Gamergate forever?"

Yeah, so people just started bringing it up in the Dark Enlightenment thread, the IOSM thread, the STHD thread... :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah, a lot of people go into shock or just can't figure out what to do when presented with a dangerous or even unusual situation. It's actually pretty normal and a huge amount of safety/emergency planning is based around the idea that in the slightest emergency people become temporarily retarded herd animals.
I hope some goon knows what article I'm talking about but I remember reading an article on a sinking boat where the crew abandoned it. Some appalling low percent of passengers actively tried to help themselves and others. Another percent simply refused help even when offered and the majority of people just milled around like cows until given direction by the first group.

You always think that you'll be the one with the cool head and the plan of action but statistically you'll be the cattle.