Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Raluek posted:

You are the best. Do you have a thread? I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Had one a while back. I'll try to dig it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

Goddamn that looks good. What are the actual tires you're running?

They're Mickey Thompson 275/50 R 15. I forget the actual model name, but they're not the drag radials. I'm running Aero circle track wheels. Protip: buy 6 of them if you want 4 good ones because QC is apparently not a consideration. Luckily they are dirt cheap.

I really want a square tire setup. I could have went with a 255 section front with no rubbing, but that isn't what Holman-Moody specced in '68. Well, they didn't call for radial tires , but damned if you can find 27x11.00-15's in a street compound.

LOL edit: the fronts are 215/70 R15's on the original wheels. Some sort of Korean or Chinese tire.

wallaka fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 20, 2016

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

wallaka posted:

Actually drove it today. I still have to modify the front fenders to mount the 275's to match the back.

Just wanted to repost this properly so I could see it without the front half outside the table. It's nice.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That image didn't break any tables though?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Shrapnig posted:

That image didn't break any tables though?

Whatever you're using must have auto-scaled. It was posted at full 2400x1100 resolution. It was perfectly appropriate for as long as that damned awesome thing is.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Picked up this spiffy 'Teg Monday night for 500 bucks. It's an automatic.

'94 LS. Needs a battery, cat-back and struts. It was going to the wrecking yard May 1st. :aaa:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

wallaka posted:

They're Mickey Thompson 275/50 R 15. I forget the actual model name, but they're not the drag radials. I'm running Aero circle track wheels. Protip: buy 6 of them if you want 4 good ones because QC is apparently not a consideration. Luckily they are dirt cheap.

I really want a square tire setup. I could have went with a 255 section front with no rubbing, but that isn't what Holman-Moody specced in '68. Well, they didn't call for radial tires , but damned if you can find 27x11.00-15's in a street compound.

LOL edit: the fronts are 215/70 R15's on the original wheels. Some sort of Korean or Chinese tire.

?

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Oh, come on. You're telling me that veedubfreak of all people doesn't know what a square vs. staggered tire setup is? Might as well tell me that M3freak or 240SXfreak doesn't know either.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

meatpimp posted:

Whatever you're using must have auto-scaled. It was posted at full 2400x1100 resolution. It was perfectly appropriate for as long as that damned awesome thing is.

Stop using IE. And yeah, phone posting.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My mom's 2006 Avalon has a square tire setup and let me tell you, it handles like a dream.

Firefox also doesn't autoscale images.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
In this day and age where your phone or some cheap $150 camera takes pictures that are like 2000 or more pixels wide by default, I can't understand why people always bitch and moan about high res pictures. They don't break tables anymore.

Also, you're in a picture thread. It happens. Stop complaining like little bottom bitch boys about loving scrolling.

Here's the best SUV:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

In this day and age where your phone or some cheap $150 camera takes pictures that are like 2000 or more pixels wide by default, I can't understand why people always bitch and moan about high res pictures. They don't break tables anymore.

Also, you're in a picture thread. It happens. Stop complaining like little bottom bitch boys about loving scrolling.

Here's the best SUV:

I don't understand how you can't understand that just because your particular browser chooses to not display images at the resolution in which they were posted, that everyone else's browser does the same thing. Also, you're in a picture thread, so if you don't understand how to post pictures then learn.

See how easy that is? Also, nice ride I guess.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I for one complain because either fullsize images or timg'd fullsize images tag-team my poor cellphone so hard its web browser is nearly unusable when everyone posts giant poo poo. Also, you own one of those? This is the your own ride thread.

Here's my latest-resuscitated jalopy as of yesterday, not breaking tables or choking cellphones/tablets with not much memory:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I realize it's super critical that we see that literally 30 inch wide picture of some crap you took with your cellphone, but unfortunately this theory that tables aren't broken by 5000px wide images is sadly untrue, at least in archaic and unused browsers like up to date Firefox. All you have to do is put a lowercase 'l' (that's an L) at the end of your imgur link.

Here's a picture I took yesterday with my cellphone that takes 60" wide pictures :smug:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
But, like kastein said, your device still has to download all the data of the large x huge resolution.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Bucephalus posted:

But, like kastein said, your device still has to download all the data of the large x huge resolution.

That's only because he forgot to put the lowercase L in his own post. If you put the l in, imgur serves up a nicely resized version which you can then click on to enlarge if you link to the full one.

I like that Fiat. Have you been in the most recent Miata and if so how do you feel it compares. Also how tall are you and do you have plenty of room?

This is an old photo I've used before, but I'm reposting in honor of my boss finally selling off his 1997 Supra. He bought it used, owned it about 12 years, put on 40k miles and got $5k more than he paid for it by leaving it completely unmolested.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that was my car (even though the title of the thread had just been helpfully pointed out) - it just happened to be a ridiculously large picture that I had on hand to show that 2000px wide images aren't that impressive so just put the lowercase l there like I did with the screenshot of the broken tables.

I saw the Fiata in the wild yesterday though, and put up a couple more pics in the Miata thread.

To atone, here's a utterly gigantic picture of my car with an 'l' after it.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 21, 2016

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yeah, this has a lowercase L in it too!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

PenisMonkey posted:

Yeah, this has a lowercase L in it too!

Don't be so hard on yourself, my fellow Gray M buddy. We can't all have uppercase V's. :v:

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Don't be so hard on yourself, my fellow Gray M buddy. We can't all have uppercase V's. :v:

I can have both!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Foiled again. You probably have the best AI garage combo (in the "have to include a wifecar" category) although Tremek and Das Volk (soloing it) come close.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Foiled again. You probably have the best AI garage combo (in the "have to include a wifecar" category) although Tremek and Das Volk (soloing it) come close.

Someone on YouTube wanted me to do a review on the 63. I know next to nothing about it so it was a crappy review. The only useful info in it is that the tires are too wide for the automated car wash tracks. I don't like her car much.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Well now you gotta post the review.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Ok. He wanted another cold start included. It's very anti-climatic.

http://youtu.be/r4AKeFjOGyA

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Great review video. :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

PenisMonkey posted:

Someone on YouTube wanted me to do a review on the 63. I know next to nothing about it so it was a crappy review. The only useful info in it is that the tires are too wide for the automated car wash tracks. I don't like her car much.
Thats weird. Stock 325s? I can fit 315s in our local car wash no problem.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yup, 325s. Guy came out and told me he had to drive it through. No biggy.

Also, was driving south out of Atlanta on 85 last week with the wife. We were in the M3 and I let loose on the accelerator on an empty, straight stretch. She told me to stop because accelerating makes her sick.

Good choice in car, lady.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

PenisMonkey posted:

Good choice in car, lady.

Yeah seriously.

"I hate going fast."
*buys SUV with 577hp to get 14mpg on premium puttering around town*

Edit: My wife couldn't care less about cars. She hates my Corvette because it's "too hard" to get in and out of and she drives a Corolla.

davebo fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 22, 2016

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

PenisMonkey posted:

She told me to stop because accelerating makes her sick.
Sever.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Those are some big loving tires. Every time I see a newer X5 it blows my mind how wide the rears are even on the non-Ms.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Dislike button posted:

Those are some big loving tires. Every time I see a newer X5 it blows my mind how wide the rears are even on the non-Ms.

Gotta keep it from rolling over somehow.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Did my first track day (bro) of the year at bedford autodrome last weekend, it abseloutely pissed it down and was sleeting at one point. AD08R's do not like large patches of standing water at 100mph. But aside from that it was lots of fun finding the limits in the wet.

It did dry out pretty much half way through which was cool.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

ex military H1 37" tires on the brick.

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

track day bro! posted:

Did my first track day (bro) of the year at bedford autodrome last weekend, it abseloutely pissed it down and was sleeting at one point. AD08R's do not like large patches of standing water at 100mph. But aside from that it was lots of fun finding the limits in the wet.

It did dry out pretty much half way through which was cool.

You're a crazy person. I love/hate driving my MR2 in the rain. It's lots of fun, but the Falken RT-615Ks don't have much grip when it's wet.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I found a bimmer buddy at the library.

shitbox - the tires look cool but do they rub?

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

Just swapped an old one. 1.25 LX;

For a new one! 1.0 Ecoboost

Fiestas got really good in the decade between these two, the ecoboost is so peppy :3:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

ThirstyBuck posted:

shitbox - the tires look cool but do they rub?

No rubbage yet. that might change off road, or when I pile a bunch of dirtbike/bus tires on the back of it.

itsa f350, it has the same suspension travel and ride quality as a dump truck

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cancelbot posted:

Just swapped an old one. 1.25 LX;

For a new one! 1.0 Ecoboost

Fiestas got really good in the decade between these two, the ecoboost is so peppy :3:

I never realised how big the front overhang is on those new Fiestas. Nice purchase

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Cancelbot posted:

Wish they sold the 2-doors here in the US. Love the look of them. Congrats on your new ride!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Getting some smoke on decel, which is a bitch. 95% sure it's the valve-stem seals leaking, which is a common fault on the 1JZ engine. Oh well, it's not too bad yet, so I'll just maintain.

Lowered the coilovers tonight. Went from this;

To this;

God gently caress do I take some blurry assed photos with one hand. I was getting some bottoming out issues with the old exhaust (along with a hole, leaking CO into the cabin). New exhaust was 'custom' welded up at a shop around the corner, and follows a closer line to the diff. Hopefully doesn't happen again.

Monday was Anzac Day, so In Memory we get a Day Off. I decided to capitalize and got some friends around to pull my old lovely FMIC, pictured

With New Hotness

Also pulled the spacers off, along with the black AVS 5s. lovely offset, and picked the new rims (pictured above) up for relative cheap. Going to get the tyres swapped and go have some Responsible Fun.