Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not paying full price for the GG update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a sequel

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Might as well be an update tho

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't pretend you care enough about the GG storyline to call it a sequel.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I do actually

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sorry you don't, it owns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not taking story advice from someone who does Kingdom Hearts LPs

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fuk u

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCpNWWLjMHo

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

thanks to giant bomb and dirty dan ryckert, I now know that star fox sucks and don't have to buy it anymore

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
RIP Star Bucks

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ostentatious posted:

thanks to giant bomb and dirty dan ryckert, I now know that star fox sucks and don't have to buy it anymore

I felt the same way about IGN and No Man's Sky as every promo video they release involves paid hype men becoming gradually more and more bored as they listen to Sean Murray ramble on about maths.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

exquisite tea posted:

I felt the same way about IGN and No Man's Sky as every promo video they release involves paid hype men becoming gradually more and more bored as they listen to Sean Murray ramble on about maths.

This makes the game sound way more cool and interesting than the hype men ever could.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/johntv/status/723045030470946817

Interesting times.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hm, it's 1:10 in the morning and I've failed to fall asleep over the last two hours

This bodes ill for the work day and the gaming after

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

andross claims another victim

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT-It3eKmTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsNQ2Hd2NMs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

why does it suck?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Doom is bad, who'da thunk it.

I'm on the fence about buying Star Fox, it looks fun but it's getting murdered in most reviews.

FirstAidKite posted:

why does it suck?

The controls have a really steep learning curve sorta like W101 and apparently it's too much like 64 to the point that it feels a bit dated.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

why does it suck?

outdated on-rail shooter with tacked on hacking mini-games doesn't make for a fun game

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ostentatious posted:

outdated on-rail shooter

This is what people have been Nintendo to do for a decade.

I guess it would have been a better idea to get rid of the ground stuff altogether and focus on making the flying more interesting.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

why does it suck?

It plays like a Star Fox game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's an on-rail shooter, what did people expect?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

I guess it would have been a better idea to get rid of the ground stuff altogether and focus on making the flying more interesting.
From reviews a lot of them are saying that it's mostly Arwing levels. Also that the ground vehicles are fine.

What they haven't liked is the Gyrocopter stuff and the little robot since it's super slow.
(Which you can find out that some of those level have a secret that let you use a arwing instead)

Sakurazuka posted:

It's an on-rail shooter, what did people expect?

Metal Gear Rising but with Star Fox. But still true to 64

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i wouldn't mind if they actually made an effort to evolve star fox into something more modern tbh, i never got peoples obsession with star fox 64. its a short game that has no replay value

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ostentatious posted:

i wouldn't mind if they actually made an effort to evolve star fox into something more modern tbh, i never got peoples obsession with star fox 64. its a short game that has no replay value

It's Star Fox if you change it people complain, if you don't change it people complain.

Note: 'Star Fox' is interchangeable with any franchise that has been around since peoples childhoods.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SF64 has a decent amount of replayability if you're the sort of person who goes after scores/medals/etc ie someone who likes Star Fox.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Ostentatious posted:

You don't even see a third of the game without replaying it.

They replaced the difficulty select path with branching paths without telling you how to branch so it's easy to beat it once and just go "that's it?"

It's also much easier than the original.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
sounds like its good actually

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

sounds like its good actually

Ya

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You can breeze through all three paths in about six hours, and there's nothing to do after that, apparently.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'll not get it unless it goes on sale for $20 or something, which it never will because Nintendo first party

I will support Platinum and the Wii-U by finally buying Bayonetta 2 instead

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The only thing really keeping me from getting Star Fox is the steep €60 price. If it was 30-40 i'd be more on board.

It looks like a fun space shooter anyway.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Golden Goat posted:

it's too much like 64 to the point that it feels a bit dated.

this is the dumbest thing i keep hearing

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just want to play Star Fox Zero already. Why you gotta go and release on a Splatfest day, Nintendo?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

this is the dumbest thing i keep hearing

It's kinda insane considering the amount of people that just wanted an updated version of Star Fox 64.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Now is it the same people complaining about this, or did Zero just kick a hornet nest full of people who didn't really like 64?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Now is it the same people complaining about this, or did Zero just kick a hornet nest full of people who didn't really like 64?

The GiantBomb reviewer is a fan of 64 but realized in his review that maybe he actually wanted Zero to be something completely different.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can kinda see wanting the first Star Fox game in a decade to feel less like a retread of SF64, but it seems like a shallow thing to hold against the game. Personally, I'm a bit sad it doesn't try to unite all the disparate setting elements (a flying mission on Sauria for example), but that's small potatoes.

The smallest potatoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I can kinda see wanting the first Star Fox game in a decade to feel less like a retread of SF64, but it seems like a shallow thing to hold against the game. Personally, I'm a bit sad it doesn't try to unite all the disparate setting elements (a flying mission on Sauria for example), but that's small potatoes.

The smallest potatoes.

They actually do mention Sauria offhand in that short animated movie that just came out, but I don't think there's anything in the game about it.

• Locked thread