Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm going to be watching
Bakemonogatari
Patlabor
Both!
Neither
View Results

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
The feel when your helicopter parent hides in your shadow 24/7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Kylra posted:

I really want to know what the deal is between Araragi and Shinobu though. The implication seems to be that she doesn't want to be just a little girl or a child to Araragi, so what then? She's apparently protective of him, and apparently did something special to make him a follower instead of just feeding on him, so maybe she wanted to be his mom in a way? She did have a more mature look in the flashback at least. ~random foreshadowing speculation~

welp you'll have to watch nise to find out somewhat, as that's where she starts having lines

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
alternatively, buy the Kizumonogatari novel on sale now

It's being split into 3 films shown over the course of 2016, so the book is your only way to get this info any time soon.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Or watch the movies, when they're finished with them

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Yeah but the final film is out in like October? We'll probably be watching Owarimonogatari or something by then. And the book was pretty good, I recommend reading it and watching the movie.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Allarion posted:

Technically, Aya Hirano was cast as her for Bakemono. Hirano didn't have to say a drat thing though (except in a drama CD apparently). Maaya Sakamoto officially became her voice in Nise after that.

Oh interesting, I had no idea about that.

As for Kizu I'm going to wait till all three movies are out before I watch them. It's not like I don't have a million shows to watch in the meantime.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Blhue posted:

welp you'll have to watch nise to find out somewhat, as that's where she starts having lines
If I can make it through all the traffic to get to my tv screen from my computer anyway.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

One thing I really enjoyed is for all the harem shenanigans and exaggerated reactions to sexy things at the end of the day Araragi is 100% devoted to Senjougahara. This last arc was really cool, although it strikes me the problem hasn't really been solved, just treated for now. I assume that's what nekomonogatari is about.

Overall this show was really cool and good, thank you Namtab for sharing it with all of us, I look forward to the continuation in june.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

And now prepare for the Serious Patlabor Episodes, as well as the movies next week.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like how Senjougahara being the way she is is what stops Araragi from throwing his life away (again), kinda like the inverse of the not monkey's paw that possessed Kanbaru. They're perfect for each other.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Watching Nise is an important step towards the ultimate goal of watching all the monogatari IMO. (source: I watched all the monogatari)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's funny to me in retrospect that I was totally convinced at the time, despite knowing there were more books ahead, that Tsubasa Cat was a totally satisfactory ending to the overall story (assuming you'd still work in Kizu as a prequel afterwards). Obviously I don't think that now but I really liked that arc's end.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

It's funny to me in retrospect that I was totally convinced at the time, despite knowing there were more books ahead, that Tsubasa Cat was a totally satisfactory ending to the overall story (assuming you'd still work in Kizu as a prequel afterwards). Obviously I don't think that now but I really liked that arc's end.

I'm gonna assume Ishin didn't know his book would become hugely popular and spawn a huge series as he was writing it, so he probably wrote Bake to work as a self-contained story. If I didn't know there was more I wouldn't have any problem believing this was the end.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
As utterly fantastic as Bake is in and of itself, I think Monogatari gets even better later on, when it starts really playing around with all the different pieces it's set in motion and starts having various loose threads meet each other in ways you never knew you wanted.

Rewatching Second Season recently was an eye-opener: it was really fun the first time around, but on the second viewing I got an appreciation for how it brings so many seemingly-unrelated elements together so well and highlights so many of the show's themes, while at the same time quietly setting the next pieces in motion for Owari. I wonder how much of it Nisio had figured out from the beginning, and how much is just skillful improvisation.

I'm happy that this thread has exposed some new people to one of my favorite franchises. Seeing all the first-timers' positive responses has been great, I hope some of you stick with it and watch the rest! (including Nise)

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I'm looking forward to the simulwatch of Oremonogatari. I'm not sure exactly how it connects with Bake so far, but I really enjoyed it when I watched it last year.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

everyone just wait until we watch TSF-monogatari. it will fill up a lot of plot holes

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

55 minutes to go!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
oh right i can actually livewatch for once

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I finally get to watch live this week

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
30 minutes to go!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mou sugu...

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I'm excited! For robotcops!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Jikan Da!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://a.pomf.cat/mybuix.webm

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Pressing play now.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
hyper technology is now

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I wish I had some gifs of someone dancing enthusiastically to this op

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm annoyed it takes so long for new avs to go through now, otherwise my first post with the new one would have been the OP.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Starting!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

DoubleDonut posted:

I wish I had some gifs of someone dancing enthusiastically to this op

I sing along with it every time.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hug the robot kiss the robot be the robot

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
That's some hilariously ineffective security.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
A 64 gigabyte CD-ROM!?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

What a great wife. :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Kanuka!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Blue rear end onion

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

That just made me fall in love with her more! :swoon:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Command Ant posted:

That just made me fall in love with her more! :swoon:

She's the second-best girl in Patlabor. :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
This scene with Noa's dad illustrates why Kanuka is not the best girl in Patlabor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
sunglasses at night, must be shady

• Locked thread