Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Man, lastnight during my SotFS run I hit a brick wall against the Aegis. I can get him down to 15% and for some reason at which point he swings his hammer in front of him, and it one shots me, from 10 yards behind him. 16 attempts to the same result. Gonna take another shot tonight, maybe I was just lovely because I was tired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Wait how do you get more than two summon phantoms?

Dried Finger

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

To elaborate, using it lets you summon a third coop buddy, but also lets you be invaded by a second dickwraith, and I believe it puts you at the top of the priority list for invasion targets.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Which just means that whenever you invade someone it's a 3v1 99% of the time

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Bolow posted:

all you gotta do is survive for a minute and youll have a dark wraith buddy to "help" out

pvp is still poo poo from a butt tho

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

Bolow posted:

Throw on your blueman group covenant, equip an obscuring ring, then sit back and watch/harass from the shadows for maximum cheese.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Do spells get better for pvp?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

IIRC you need level 60 to reach full scaling, so not for a long goddamn time

hexer scum

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3Wj_d-aOE

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I killed yoel on accident, does he sell any gear or spells I can only get through him? Do I need to restart?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I think all of the vendors drop ashes when you kill them. If you give the ashes to the first merchant she should sell all the items that guy had.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

Reverand maynard posted:

I killed yoel on accident, does he sell any gear or spells I can only get through him? Do I need to restart?

gently caress that foreskin sorcerer. You can get him on ng+, but you should really consider killing him again.

He grants hollowing, free levels for dying a certain amount of times, but you're not missing anything that'll make or break your play-through.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Cathedral of the Deep itself was waaaay harder than its boss. Now that I beat those cocksuckers I'm just doing suicide runs for items.

Dark Souls: The game of sword and sorcery and the deaths don't matter.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Cathedral of the Deep itself was waaaay harder than its boss. Now that I beat those cocksuckers I'm just doing suicide runs for items.

Dark Souls: The game of sword and sorcery and the deaths don't matter.

Yeah, proud tradition of Dark Souls. From Anor Londo, to Shrine of Amana and Heide's Tower of Flame, where the trash mobs could easily gently caress up the boss

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

30 foot tall death knight with a sword bigger than your mom? No problem. Swarm of rats that can turn you to stone? FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

30 foot tall death knight with a sword bigger than your mom? No problem. Swarm of rats that can turn you to stone? FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Massive abomination made of the tortured hollows to create a giant clever wielding monstrosity who posses a powerful soul? No problem, I can just whack it a few times.
A few yards of poison spitting statues? LOL ur hosed

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, proud tradition of Dark Souls. From Anor Londo, to Shrine of Amana and Heide's Tower of Flame, where the trash mobs could easily gently caress up the boss

In the smoldering lake swatted the mimic, ran past the demon into the skeletons, lit the bonfire and came back to like 3 skeletons alive and a dead rear end demon and mimic :v:

edit: suck my dick patches I already killed those dudes :colbert:

Bolow fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 21, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

So I'm incredibly jumpy. I never watch scary movies. I was talking to a friend on Skype and asking him questions as this is my first souls game. I kept hearing this heavy breathing and was freqking out thinking something was about to jump me.

It was his pug. His pug's heavy breathing coming through Skype scared me.

edit: also, is there a way to get help with the dancer after I beat vordt?

PookBear fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 21, 2016

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Made it to a big door with scary clanging noises. Saw lots of summon signs and assumed it was a boss. Couldn't summon anyone. Couldn't put my summon sign down for practice. Decided to nut up and solo it with 35k souls on hand. Beat abyss watchers first try (with zero estus left and a sliver of health remaining). I guess you could say I... got gud. :yeah:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Tried Bloodborne, the framerate and graphics are so lovely compared to SoTFS. Googled about them making a PC version and saw a bunch of dudes actually made a petition to keep it only on consoles because "gently caress PCs, buy a console." I own a PS4 but I'd still rather play games on PC because they look and run better. Kind of weird Bloodborne is console only when all the souls games except Demon Souls are on PC.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
sony published demon souls and bloodborne, and thats why theyre exclusive to playstation. ds 3 is basically if ds1 and bloodborne had a baby

maynard you should be able to summon help for dancer if you died to her the first time

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

One of the best things this game did was make most boss rooms not have fog walls at the start. It really enhances that first playthrough.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lmbo if you beat the game but never saw this

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

gently caress me, one shotted Smelter Demon, then I go deeper past his bonfire and die to fire in place I'm not all too sure I remember how to get there. I think I missed a third bonfire somewhere.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mustang posted:

gently caress me, one shotted Smelter Demon, then I go deeper past his bonfire and die to fire in place I'm not all too sure I remember how to get there. I think I missed a third bonfire somewhere.

theres a bonfire right after his room past the stairs up, then theres a bonfire you access by climbing a ladder in the flaming bull head room

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mustang posted:

Iron Keep is way smaller than it looks, for what it's worth.

Alsom when you get to the room with spikes on the walls and fire breathing bulls, go left and look for the ladder, it goes to a bonfire and a switch that really takes a lot of pain out of that room

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

poo poo, pretty sure that's the room I died in

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mustang posted:

poo poo, pretty sure that's the room I died in

Was it a big room with platforms, or a really cramped one?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

there might have been platforms but it was cramped, had cages and fire breathing statues. I went to get a item in front of one thinking I could grab it before the fire got me....but I was wrong.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mustang posted:

there might have been platforms but it was cramped, had cages and fire breathing statues. I went to get a item in front of one thinking I could grab it before the fire got me....but I was wrong.

Did you go through a fogwall yet (after the smelter fight) or not

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mustang posted:

thats the room with the ladder to access the 3rd bonfire, theres also a lever to turn off the flames iirc

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

thats the room with the ladder to access the 3rd bonfire, theres also a lever to turn off the flames iirc

Yeah, makes getting past that knight guarding the stairway about a million times easier, too

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lol if you dont run past enemies once youve cleared the area of items and know where to go

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lol if you dont run past enemies once youve cleared the area of items and know where to go

Undead Crypt was a real dick punch about doing this in SotFS

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 21, 2016

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's not :darksouls: without enemies that spit and vomit on you

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I finally got invaded by all the goddamn Silver Knights on the way to Anor Londo

Had a sliver of health left, and a heavy attack followed by a rolling light attack broke his guard, and I had just teeny bit of stamina left to do the riposte and killed him when he had 1/3rd of his life left

:hellyeah:

Astora's Greatsword doing some work

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Cleared out Iron Keep, killed Iron King. Was pretty easy, falling in lava is the only thing that killed me a couple times.

Not sure where to go next, Shaded Woods? Last time I went there I'm pretty sure I was locked out of going any further.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mustang posted:

Cleared out Iron Keep, killed Iron King. Was pretty easy, falling in lava is the only thing that killed me a couple times.

Not sure where to go next, Shaded Woods? Last time I went there I'm pretty sure I was locked out of going any further.

Fight the Duke's Dear Freija yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Nope, no idea where that is

• Locked thread