Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
How do I not die if the Kill Pillars decide to just stomp on me all day

Also, is there a point to the Thunderclap? I got it out of a red chest so I assumed it would be worth a drat but mostly it just seemed to be a weak automatic weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
There should really be a denomination of money between 5 and 50.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

There should really be a denomination of money between 5 and 50.

Agreed.

This is probably the best secret room I've come across thus far in the game, not counting the witches in one, which is a dice roll on whether you get a better gun than the one you toss in.

Incidentally, this run I made it all the way to bullet hell with nothing but the sword. Flawless killed the first three bosses, only took damage on the 4th because the wall is hard to hit with melee, and lost a bunch of health on the dragun because I didn't expect to go to chamber 6 so I just stood there hacking at him. Had I known/planned to go deeper, I'd have popped my lead elixir and used my blanks a lot more judiciously on the dragun to save more health for the next floor.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

TaurusTorus posted:

Naw, man, you can go through again and get more poo poo. It sucks if you have somewhere to be but its basically a guaranteed Dragun kill. I had like 3 different ammo upgrades, 8 health and 9000 guns by the end.

It will be great if and when they add saves, but I died at the Dragon, so did two full runs back to back at like 1 am.

And I didn't even kill the Dragun due to too many bees :negative:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

This might be common knowledge but I wasn't aware: if you're fighting a boss and an add hits you it doesn't matter unless the boss does. I don't think I've ever noticed because I usually tilt enough to take another hit of damage when it happens and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

that's good to know, sounds better than my strategy of yelling "gently caress" and giving up

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I finally made it to the Dragun with more than a half heart of health for the first time, but on the first cycle of the last phase I jumped too far forwards, clipped the bullets, and took another hit panicking that killed me. If I didn't get the High Priest beforehand or were more used to Forge rooms (I took two hits from hammers, two from one of those dumb unkillable sliding block guys because I thought it was a Cubulead, and probably more)

I think it's literally been 60 runs since I've had a Scrambler. I miss that thing.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Did a run to try to kill the Old King again, ended up getting Lead God and almost flawlessing the Lich (took one hit) instead.
No really overpowered combos either, just a potion of lead skin, a Stinger, and a couple damage boosting passives.

Also, the Mass Shotgun is really good, I'd put it almost on par with the Megahand for clearing floors. It's a bit harder to hit with though.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Yeah after you figure out the the range where the ball pops the mass shotgun is pretty good

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Holy poo poo, do NOT fire a stinger missile at a gungurer, the missile fired back unleashes bees that will gently caress you up big time

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Yeah after you figure out the the range where the ball pops the mass shotgun is pretty good

I assume this is like the weird big ball shot the gatling bird does?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It sends out a ball that either hits the dude for some damage or if it travels far enough it turns into a shotgun burst that does a lot of damage. If you space it just right its like a powerful point blank shotgun blast without the risk of getting face to face with something.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Anyone playing on ps4 might want to skip patching this time. Apparently it can or will wipe your progress

edit: nvm it's just not finding the saves

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 20, 2016

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

redweird posted:

I've gotta stop playing this game while high. Despite how fun it is my reactions are just not quick enough to deal with the lower floors and if I get hit I get hellll flustered and just lose chunks of health.

I've never really had an issue with not getting enough guns or ammo but I usually use the Convict or Hunter. I can imagine it happening with the Pilot but his whole gimmick is just a huge dice roll.

Pilot also has 10% higher max ammo for all weapons and can have two active items. It adds up with the right builds.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Gunther and heavy bullets on chamber 1 is awesome, getting no health drops in chamber 5 and 6 sucks and cost me the lich fight :(

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So I had the Marine's starter passive on the Hunter and it carried into the past fight for some reason... Also for those of you who have never done the pilot's past yet you should probably think about remapping your item use button to something very easy to spam while shooting prior to attempting it.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
So juggling guns during reloads really does increase your survivability a lot. I just wish the progress carried over when you switch back to the weapon. I know it doesn't make much sense, but neither is reloading the swapped weapon to begin with. Just feels like it would be better flow.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
So im 100 runs in and havent seen a single glitch or rainbow chest.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
If it makes you feel better, I've only found one glitch chest, no Rainbows.

I did, however, watch a streamer accidentally destroy a Rainbow chest a couple of days ago. He blew open a secret room with a rainbow chest in it by accident, but a Corsair shot got in there before him and wrecked the chest before he could get to it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
+1 to the no rainbows/glitch crew, here.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Holy poo poo a black chest just spawned as a room reward and gave me Snakes Bandana which quadruples the maximum ammo you can carry for each gun. :catstare:

Edit: Ammo elemental on the next floor, Im set now for charge shot ammo for many floors.
Edit2: Found an ammo belt too, guns had like 5 times the max ammo. Sadly a d20 shrine cursed me so much that the Lord of the Jammed showed up.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 21, 2016

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I've seen one rainbow chest and no glitch chests and I have about 150 runs done

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

FrickenMoron posted:

Holy poo poo a black chest just spawned as a room reward and gave me Snakes Bandana which quadruples the maximum ammo you can carry for each gun. :catstare:

Does your ammo amount change when you pick it up? Also that's bonkers.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
No, so you have to rely on ammo boxes to fill it up.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

Edit: Ammo elemental on the next floor, Im set now for charge shot ammo for many floors.
Edit2: Found an ammo belt too, guns had like 5 times the max ammo. Sadly a d20 shrine cursed me so much that the Lord of the Jammed showed up.

I have never gotten anything but the distintegrator out of a black chest

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
So Samus arm buster gun is essentially a worse version of the Megahand. Less ammo, higher damage but the charge takes much longer.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

FrickenMoron posted:

So Samus arm buster gun is essentially a worse version of the Megahand. Less ammo, higher damage but the charge takes much longer.

It's better against bosses though, the damage seems to be significantly higher than the Megahand.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Broken Cog posted:

It's better against bosses though, the damage seems to be significantly higher than the Megahand.

It has multiple charge levels iirc

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I like that it makes a fart sound when it finishes charging.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I use Mega Hand for room clearing, Bosses deserve Stinger or a super fast firing gun with high dps.

drink_bleach
Dec 13, 2004

Praise the Sun!
I've played what seems like an ungodly amount, every achievement except fighting a jammed boss (never seen one) and the stupid hunters quests one which is a total slog and bummer.

Also never seen a rainbow or glitched chest.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Never seen one of those but yesterday I had a giant red chest randomly appear after clearing a room on floor 1.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Finally got the Proton Pack last night and it's a great looking beam weapon. :3: Doesn't hurt much, but it looks and feels just like I would expect it to. Shame it doesn't hurt the ghost baddies more.
I've also gotten through the first chamber flawlessly three times now, boss included!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
On chest topics I've played a large volume and yesterday I had an active item drop after clearing a room. It wasn't in a chest or anything. I didn't know that could happen.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Anyone play Neuro Void? How's it compare to BoI and EtG?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

JVNO posted:

Anyone play Neuro Void? How's it compare to BoI and EtG?

Never heard of it and Google comes up with results of some Starcraft 2 player named Neuro. What game are you talking about?

drink_bleach
Dec 13, 2004

Praise the Sun!

BJPaskoff posted:

Never heard of it and Google comes up with results of some Starcraft 2 player named Neuro. What game are you talking about?

I assume this one.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400450

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
If you want something similar but different, give cryptark a try.

e: Scatter shot + muscle relaxant means you get 3 shots that basically spawn on top of each other.

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 21, 2016

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Klaus Kinski posted:

If you want something similar but different, give cryptark a try.

e: Scatter shot + muscle relaxant means you get 3 shots that basically spawn on top of each other.

Tried Cryptark a few months ago, but it just wouldn't run very well at all on my bad 3 year-old laptop with AMD/integrated switchable graphics. Very jerky and inconsistent.
Not sure if it was AMD cards or just a horrible computer.
For comparison, Gungeon runs pretty well on this thing.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Keys really need to drop more and shops should never be locked. The amount of chests I have had to shoot in the last 2 runs is not funny. It just makes the game unfun

TheJadedOne fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

AlexJade posted:

Keys really need to drop more and shops should never be locked. The amount of chests I have had to shoot in the last 2 runs is not funny. It just makes the game unfun

The mimic tooth necklace is almost worth the pain in the rear end of fighting mimics all the time just so you don't have to deal with the keys issue