Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Raw Astora Sword w/ the pyromancy that adds flame to weapons loving owns. I only need 10str/10dex and can put everything else into other stuff while still doing sick damage w/ a great move set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Vermain posted:

The rumblings on Reddit are that certain people's games/connections are simply flat-out broken for autoinvades. There's people with identical SLs/weapon upgrades who are getting summoned at wildly varying rates. Whether this is a consequence of certain ports being blocked, some weird softban issue (re: the "getting banned due to moving items around in your item box offline" thing), or From Software not knowing what a computer is remains to be seen.

Yeah, earlier today I ended up invading the same fight club guy over and over in the area just after the Pontiff with my red eye orb, so I figured I'd swap to the Aldrich covenant since I knew for a fact he was there. Went maybe 10 minutes without getting summoned, but I got him one more time when I swapped back to Rosaria and orbed into him again. The game just really does not like auto-summons for whatever reason.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
do ps4 people have bad autosummoning issues too?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

a cop posted:

Raw Astora Sword w/ the pyromancy that adds flame to weapons loving owns. I only need 10str/10dex and can put everything else into other stuff while still doing sick damage w/ a great move set.

It absolutely outclasses everything else for the majority of the early and even mid game, depending on how much you're investing into STR/DEX early.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

a cop posted:

I punched every single npc in firelink. twice!!!

Please do not punch my good friend Greirat.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

TheQat posted:

I had zero issues with the JPN version. I'm pretty sure this is pc-only problems.

e:

MrLonghair posted:

Since March 23rd. Execpt for the last of the auto-summon covenants one discovers.

welp

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Best voice-acting in a game I've heard this year so far. It's like it requires Europeans (GTAs) or Japanese (Soulsborne) to get top quality English voice acting going, the quality that feels natural and real like they really are the voices of the characters, and not "voice-acting". When you start finishing all those NPC storylines you get to listen in and feel things hard. "Goodnight, granddad" (Sirris storyline)

Alright with that one cleared up it's time to give a lady into real freaky things some tongue.

TheQat posted:

Since March 23rd. Execpt for the last of the auto-summon covenants one discovers.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
so can you just not parry soul of cinder?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If anyone wants to help me out, I'd like to transfer a weapon (and vanity hat) from my main to an alt so I don't have to play over half the game just to get it. In return I can give you some endgame stuff for your own alt if you want.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/InternetKraken

Add me if interested

a cop posted:

I punched every single npc in firelink. twice!!!

I've started using the firekeeper as a training dummy since I discovered she respawns infinitely with no penalty. Too bad her health pool is so small.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

TheQat posted:

Super anecdote but I got a handful of blue summons on ps4 and none on pc.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tabletops posted:

so can you just not parry soul of cinder?

He cannot be parried.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Vermain posted:

It absolutely outclasses everything else for the majority of the early and even mid game, depending on how much you're investing into STR/DEX early.

Yeah I just killed YtG and it's still holding up great in both PvE and PvP. I never want to increase str/dex so I'll probably see how it works out even in the endgame. I feel like having great pyromancies balances out any losses I take from having low str/dex and missing out on those weps.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Vermain posted:

The rumblings on Reddit are that certain people's games/connections are simply flat-out broken for autoinvades. There's people with identical SLs/weapon upgrades who are getting summoned at wildly varying rates. Whether this is a consequence of certain ports being blocked, some weird softban issue (re: the "getting banned due to moving items around in your item box offline" thing), or From Software not knowing what a computer is remains to be seen.

I spent a nice chunk of my lunch yesterday figuring out how to forward my PS4's ports... And it accomplished nothing. I've tested having matchmaking on and off. I didn't have this issue with DS2's bellbros. Now I regret not ever finishing DS2 during its pvp prime. Ugh.

On the flip side, if I lay down a purplebro sign, I get summoned almost immediately. I got 25 vertebral shackles in 2 hours of play. Popped down my sign at the 2nd swamp bonfire (where the 3 ghru spawn). Almost everyone who summoned me let me help them with progressing through the level. I helped dudes get the doors open, showed them sssssecrets, and backstabbed them after we got lots of good things accomplished (assuming they didn't die in pve). Maaaaybe 1/5th of my summoners went straight for the jugular upon summoning. The downside I found was that the phantom death count condition you're given when summoned is inaccurate. I killed red invader PCs and received no rewards for it.

I got around 28 sunlight medallions from co-op, too, and I've been accumulating tongues steadily, even if I'm poo poo at pvp.

So in essence if I lay down a sign or use the red eye orb, I'm very swiftly popped into another player's game. If I wait for summons as a bluecop or watchdog, I might get 1 - 2 summons in 6 or more hours. I don't think it's a connection issue.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I have never had trouble getting auto-summons in appropriate level ranges/reinforcement levels on PC either, but I do get hover-ghosts, static enemies, and impenetrable fogwalls, which do not exist on my PS4 version.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

a cop posted:

Yeah I just killed YtG and it's still holding up great in both PvE and PvP. I never want to increase str/dex so I'll probably see how it works out even in the endgame. I feel like having great pyromancies balances out any losses I take from having low str/dex and missing out on those weps.

At +10 Raw, it's got 322 AR. It's a pretty decent-sized loss compared to fully investing in STR for the Dark Sword, but I imagine the bonus damage from Carthus Flame Arc and the overall damage from Pyromancy more than makes up for that.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Vermain posted:

He cannot be parried.

he is crushing me. i thought everyone was saying he was easy, but hes just smooshing my nuts.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

RedTonic posted:

I spent a nice chunk of my lunch yesterday figuring out how to forward my PS4's ports... And it accomplished nothing. I've tested having matchmaking on and off. I didn't have this issue with DS2's bellbros. Now I regret not ever finishing DS2 during its pvp prime. Ugh.

On the flip side, if I lay down a purplebro sign, I get summoned almost immediately. I got 25 vertebral shackles in 2 hours of play. Popped down my sign at the 2nd swamp bonfire (where the 3 ghru spawn). Almost everyone who summoned me let me help them with progressing through the level. I helped dudes get the doors open, showed them sssssecrets, and backstabbed them after we got lots of good things accomplished (assuming they didn't die in pve). Maaaaybe 1/5th of my summoners went straight for the jugular upon summoning. The downside I found was that the phantom death count condition you're given when summoned is inaccurate. I killed red invader PCs and received no rewards for it.

I got around 28 sunlight medallions from co-op, too, and I've been accumulating tongues steadily, even if I'm poo poo at pvp.

So in essence if I lay down a sign or use the red eye orb, I'm very swiftly popped into another player's game. If I wait for summons as a bluecop or watchdog, I might get 1 - 2 summons in 6 or more hours. I don't think it's a connection issue.

If you're doing it for the Swordgrass, just farm them from adds while you wait. I averaged about 10 every 90 minutes when I was doing it. Seems better than sitting there for half a day doing nothing.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Kinda disappointed with the complete non-reaction from the Firelink merchant when I gave her the excrement-covered ashes. She USED to comment on what I gave her...

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Sorry if it's been asked recently but this thread moves so fast, has anyone got much experience using the Moonlight Greatsword in a high (50+) sorcery build? How does it scale when fully upgraded? Is it worth the titanite scale investment?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Vermain posted:

At +10 Raw, it's got 322 AR. It's a pretty decent-sized loss compared to fully investing in STR for the Dark Sword, but I imagine the bonus damage from Carthus Flame Arc and the overall damage from Pyromancy more than makes up for that.
well, you can have both. I use CFA on my dark sword.

It's just good early on if you aren't investing into str or dex. pretty much every other ss in th egame will outpace it once your at ~25/25 str/dex with a refined gem in them.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Bass Bottles posted:

Kinda disappointed with the complete non-reaction from the Firelink merchant when I gave her the excrement-covered ashes. She USED to comment on what I gave her...

Yeah pretty bummed that everything is passing fine ash after a couple initial offerings. Why don't you give me some lore on where the poopie came from you ageless hag? :colbert:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

qbert posted:

If you're doing it for the Swordgrass, just farm them from adds while you wait. I averaged about 10 every 90 minutes when I was doing it. Seems better than sitting there for half a day doing nothing.

I've just been doing work in the meantime. Definitely not sadly staring at the screen while I wait. I did try farming the swordgrass last night; in the end, I got 1 from killing about 30 ghru while popping coins, wearing the symbol of avarice, and using the crystal rapier. Doesn't really seem worth it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Anyone out there on PC looking for a companion?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Bad Parenting posted:

Sorry if it's been asked recently but this thread moves so fast, has anyone got much experience using the Moonlight Greatsword in a high (50+) sorcery build? How does it scale when fully upgraded? Is it worth the titanite scale investment?

I haven't used it myself but supposedly it only gets a C scaling in INT fully upgraded, which is oddly low. That said it's the Moonlight Greatsword, use that poo poo it's the greatest thing to stick around the entire series. Of note is that the sword beam doesn't use FP and instead does the traditional durability cost that its had in every other incarnation. Seeing as durability can basically be ignored with everything else, it should be incredibly easy to manage on this.

In other subjects, it seems the Astora Greatsword is just ridiculous no matter what you infuse it with. It was pointed out previously that it jumps to an S in FTH scaling if you infuse it with lightning but this also looks to be a trend with the other elemental infusions too. Chaos/Dark gain A/A scaling for INT/FTH and Simple gains A scaling in INT. No data I'm seeing on Crystal but presumably this means it would probably get S in INT, or so I'd like to hope. In short, if you want to do a sword mage of any flavor the Astora Greatsword is baller for infusions.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 21, 2016

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tabletops posted:

he is crushing me. i thought everyone was saying he was easy, but hes just smooshing my nuts.

I didn't find him easy but I get why some people might. He's got a very basic rhythm and pattern. The problem for me was for how long I had to keep up the dodge timing. I'd get mentally tired and gently caress up and he hits hard. I must have died like 10-20 times (it was a blur) and then did a perfect run.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
His second phase is really easy once you learn to avoid the anime combo that can easily take you from full to dead. The rest of his attacks kind of suck.

I think the first phase is legit hard unless you get lucky with moves though.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Vermain posted:

It's definitely not an issue of ports. It's something uniquely hosed about Watchdogs/Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon in particular. The best guess I've seen based on the weird irrational behavior we're seeing is that these Covenants just don't ever update the queue per se. Certain Blue Sentinels get summoned constantly, the rest not at all. I've been summoned like twice, so I know it CAN work but it almost never does regardless of SL/reinforcement. I tried testing this with a friend myself, I sat in Darkmoon Blade mode at Lothric Castle and he deliberately dried fingered to get invaded over and over while in WoB. He got bluecops every time but it never once summoned me. What's more, he was frequently getting the same bluecop .

poo poo is way strange.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want the bloodlust

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Tabletops posted:

well, you can have both. I use CFA on my dark sword.

It's just good early on if you aren't investing into str or dex. pretty much every other ss in th egame will outpace it once your at ~25/25 str/dex with a refined gem in them.

Ya but I bet you're above level 60!! Low level pvp is where it's at! I'm gonna finish the game below 70 with all the estus/weapon upgrades haha.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

definitely had the impassable boss fog bug where the sunbro i picked up couldn't get into the arena with me. amazingly, the boss still aggroed him outside the arena, ran up to the fog door, and smashed his axe out THROUGH the fog door and one shot the poor guy. the sunbro didn't even get to help, and he still got smeared across the pavement. PC DS3 is just a cavalcade of loving foolishness and FROM should be ashamed of this horseshit

in other news, i was thinking to myself during one of my hundreds of death reel runs between bonfires and a boss room, what's the loving point of putting a bonfire any further than literally right outside the boss door? every zone eventually allows you to open sufficient shortcuts that you can run all the way to the boss room without having to fight any monsters, and at that point all the run is doing is just adding 30 - 60 seconds of busy work onto my next 15 seconds of actual time spent fighting the boss until, whoops, mistimed a dodge, now one hit took my entire health bar, gently caress got to reload to the bonfire and run back again!

during my many death reel runs, i also started to compare the bosses in DS1/2 on a fresh NG to the bosses in DS3, and i came to the conclusion that the DS3 bosses just deal way more loving damage, across the board. unless i have somehow gotten worse with more practice over time, i distinctly remember being able to beat the majority of the bosses in DS1/2 solo, and with far fewer retries than any individual DS3 boss has taken me.

were DS1/2 that much more forgiving in their boss design? it really feels like bosses in DS3 punish the poo poo out of a single mistake, to the point where missing a single dodge or block is good enough that you might as well just let them kill you and restart the whole fight.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Invading is pointless garbage. Always at least a pair and often times 3 you have to face.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

homeless poster posted:

definitely had the impassable boss fog bug where the sunbro i picked up couldn't get into the arena with me. amazingly, the boss still aggroed him outside the arena, ran up to the fog door, and smashed his axe out THROUGH the fog door and one shot the poor guy. the sunbro didn't even get to help, and he still got smeared across the pavement. PC DS3 is just a cavalcade of loving foolishness and FROM should be ashamed of this horseshit

in other news, i was thinking to myself during one of my hundreds of death reel runs between bonfires and a boss room, what's the loving point of putting a bonfire any further than literally right outside the boss door? every zone eventually allows you to open sufficient shortcuts that you can run all the way to the boss room without having to fight any monsters, and at that point all the run is doing is just adding 30 - 60 seconds of busy work onto my next 15 seconds of actual time spent fighting the boss until, whoops, mistimed a dodge, now one hit took my entire health bar, gently caress got to reload to the bonfire and run back again!

during my many death reel runs, i also started to compare the bosses in DS1/2 on a fresh NG to the bosses in DS3, and i came to the conclusion that the DS3 bosses just deal way more loving damage, across the board. unless i have somehow gotten worse with more practice over time, i distinctly remember being able to beat the majority of the bosses in DS1/2 solo, and with far fewer retries than any individual DS3 boss has taken me.

were DS1/2 that much more forgiving in their boss design? it really feels like bosses in DS3 punish the poo poo out of a single mistake, to the point where missing a single dodge or block is good enough that you might as well just let them kill you and restart the whole fight.

yeah ive black crystalled out of a dozen fights where i cant enter the door

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

codo27 posted:

Invading is pointless garbage. Always at least a pair and often times 3 you have to face.

So invade in places where you can take em on 3v1. Pairs are a joke almost anywhere.

But then again I'm built specifically for owning in pvp at my level sooo.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's definitely not an issue of ports. It's something uniquely hosed about Watchdogs/Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon in particular. The best guess I've seen based on the weird irrational behavior we're seeing is that these Covenants just don't ever update the queue per se. Certain Blue Sentinels get summoned constantly, the rest not at all. I've been summoned like twice, so I know it CAN work but it almost never does regardless of SL/reinforcement. I tried testing this with a friend myself, I sat in Darkmoon Blade mode at Lothric Castle and he deliberately dried fingered to get invaded over and over while in WoB. He got bluecops every time but it never once summoned me. What's more, he was frequently getting the same bluecop .

poo poo is way strange.

I think the queue theory is correct. There's something going on there that is completely bizarre.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

YoshiOfYellow posted:

In other subjects, it seems the Astora Greatsword is just ridiculous no matter what you infuse it with. It was pointed out previously that it jumps to an S in FTH scaling if you infuse it with lightning but this also looks to be a trend with the other elemental infusions too. Chaos/Dark gain A/A scaling for INT/FTH and Simple gains A scaling in INT. No data I'm seeing on Crystal but presumably this means it would probably get S in INT, or so I'd like to hope. In short, if you want to do a sword mage of any flavor the Astora Greatsword is baller for infusions.

Yeah it's pretty crazy the damage you can get out of the Astora Greatsword, on my current caster run I started with the Raw Astora Straight Sword, which is crazy good, and then when I got the ember needed made the Chaos Astora Greatsword.

I think at +6 the Chaos Astora Greatsword had over 450 AR with 30 in each of Int and Faith.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

homeless poster posted:

definitely had the impassable boss fog bug where the sunbro i picked up couldn't get into the arena with me. amazingly, the boss still aggroed him outside the arena, ran up to the fog door, and smashed his axe out THROUGH the fog door and one shot the poor guy. the sunbro didn't even get to help, and he still got smeared across the pavement. PC DS3 is just a cavalcade of loving foolishness and FROM should be ashamed of this horseshit.

The best I had was Wolnir where the OTHER spirit got summoned into the arena after the cutscene while I sat there looking like a chump.

Though the most frustrating thing about summoning for that fight is I had a few guys who didn't get the hint that I couldn't walk through the stupid door. TOUCH THE CHALICE DAMMIT, stop yelling at me to come over here!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Yeah it feels like bosses hit harder, but good, if it was like ds2 I'd complain it was too easy. Thankfully the hardest boss doesn't have any run back to it!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mortimer posted:

Yeah it feels like bosses hit harder, but good, if it was like ds2 I'd complain it was too easy. Thankfully the hardest boss doesn't have any run back to it!

Phase 1 is the run back.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

homeless poster posted:

Damage is a lot higher across the board, sometimes to outrageous degrees. The Pontiff Knight's ice slash was doing something like 400~ damage on my Knight, which is what you'd expect from getting hit by a goddamn Great Club R2 or something. Pontiff Sulyvahn took that same character to a small trickle of HP if I hosed up a single dodge during his flurry. The one saving grace is that they gave you way more healing from a single Estus sip than you'll likely need, especially with the Estus Ring, so I've managed to get through a lot of bosses like Aldrich by chugging once every time I hosed up a mechanic and took 2/3rds of my health in damage.

I know I'm going to catch flack for this, but I vastly preferred DS2's Estus system alongside Lifegems. They even had a perfect opportunity to replicate something like that here with the limited carrying capacity of items. Instead, I end up just doing an instant heal whenever I'm even remotely in danger or pulling out my Priest's Sacred Chime and taking a nap when I'm safe.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

codo27 posted:

good

What is the music on this fine piece of work?

e: found it, how could anybody forget the genesis soundfont i feel so ashamed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcYTD9Uhato

Emalde fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 21, 2016