Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh and all the VAs for Uppers recorded small messages on the games' site

http://uppers.marv.jp/sp/special/acter_main.html

Yuu Asakawa's one :allears:

What's she saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MisterAlex posted:

ayukawa? :v:

Holy crap, current bid is up to the price of the whole freakin' game...

Oh boy, I dont want to think how much the DLC pack would fetch considering the drat thing is so rare that XSEED might as well not bothered to print it.

Help Im Alive posted:

What's she saying

Dunno, I just like her voice. :v:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Deep Crimson was a significative improvement over Burst and Versus.

Although EV was a stepdown in comparison.

Baal posted:

Hmmm, wonder why they did that?
It's a language thing. She's Japanese, but then speaks in English as a foreign language. The localization tried to convey as best they could. Since our native language is English, they swapped the foreign language to French. If there had been an English dub for the game, it would have been fine. However, because it's subbed only and Shiki's voice comes out as English while the subs are in French, it's kind of weird.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RanKizama posted:

It's a language thing. She's Japanese, but then speaks in English as a foreign language. The localization tried to convey as best they could. Since our native language is English, they swapped the foreign language to French. If there had been an English dub for the game, it would have been fine. However, because it's subbed only and Shiki's voice comes out as English while the subs are in French, it's kind of weird.

That doesn't particularly matter The fact is that she's supposed to be speaking a different language and the translation needs to convey that when the rest of the dialogue is in English. The only other thing you can do is fool around with fonts (which is a pain in the rear end if the game isn't designed for it) and can be needlessly confusing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

They should have just had her speak in Japanese, then. It fits better. She already talks like a valley girl; I wouldn't put it past her to say "sayonara" just because.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't disagree actually and that's a thing that Xseed did with Oneechanbara which I thought was cute, but I think you care too much about what language they choose to convey language difference.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ImpAtom posted:

That doesn't particularly matter The fact is that she's supposed to be speaking a different language and the translation needs to convey that when the rest of the dialogue is in English. The only other thing you can do is fool around with fonts (which is a pain in the rear end if the game isn't designed for it) and can be needlessly confusing.
I agree. I'm not saying what they did was bad, it's just weird when you're reading French and hearing English.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Baal posted:

I don't disagree actually and that's a thing that Xseed did with Oneechanbara which I thought was cute, but I think you care too much about what language they choose to convey language difference.

I can't read French, but I know some Japanese, so XSEED should cater to me personally, else I start screaming about their localization decisions pushing French agendas.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I took French for two years in high school and retained enough to ask you to tell me where the charcuterie is

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Baal posted:

I'm glad someone else appreciates Kagura's really bad English/Japanese

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

I took French for two years in high school and retained enough to ask you to tell me where the charcuterie is

I usually keep it middle of the fridge

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I can't recall which one it was, but there was a Cave shmup that had a character localized to speak with an extreme French accent ("Zee spoke like zees, sacre bleu") and it was great. Then it was rereleased and they toned it down.

In Training posted:

I usually keep it middle of the fridge
Jeez at least put it in the freezer.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HGH posted:

I can't recall which one it was, but there was a Cave shmup that had a character localized to speak with an extreme French accent ("Zee spoke like zees, sacre bleu") and it was great. Then it was rereleased and they toned it down.

Pretty sure that was Deathsmiles.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

Sad when Shiki is objectively the best Versus Senran

Pretty messed up way to spell Miyabi.

EV is also ridiculously smoother to play than SV was when I tried it, the only complaint I can see from D_T`s side being noticeable is the camera shenanigans when high walls are involved. I only played the beach level 2-3 times though so vOv

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

MisterAlex posted:

ayukawa? :v:

Holy crap, current bid is up to the price of the whole freakin' game...

People must really want that set.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Schrodingers cat posted:

Pretty messed up way to spell Miyabi.

EV is also ridiculously smoother to play than SV was when I tried it, the only complaint I can see from D_T`s side being noticeable is the camera shenanigans when high walls are involved. I only played the beach level 2-3 times though so vOv
That's pretty much the only camera issue I ever had as well. D_T and Takoluka were saying something about the camera controls, but I've yet to notice anything outside of it not wanting to rotate against a high wall at the edge of the map or against a building in the Downtown stage.

But yes, the game does improve a lot on the SV formula.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RanKizama posted:

That's pretty much the only camera issue I ever had as well. D_T and Takoluka were saying something about the camera controls, but I've yet to notice anything outside of it not wanting to rotate against a high wall at the edge of the map or against a building in the Downtown stage.

But yes, the game does improve a lot on the SV formula.

EV has a *decent* camera. It's not worse than many other games, but there's no excuse for it not seeing any improvements in the two years between it and SV.

In fact, that's the problem with the second statement. It makes some improvements, but it doesn't make two years worth of improvements. In two years, the genre it is trying to emulate evolved, and it spent more time making sure the physics engine made the boobs bounce just right in Diorama Mode that they forgot to actually make the game better and make it not buggy and terrible before they shipped it. Heck, in either this or the SK thread, someone posted a video of them soft-locking a level with Haruka, forcing a retreat. I never saw those kinds of problems in SV, which raises the question "What the hell were they doing for two years?" We could say "Making Deep Crimson", but there were months between DC's release and EV's release.

Having seen the Vita version in action, it feels more like SV 1.5, which is okay if you like really hate change.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I acquired $20 to the PSN store recently. I have most of the Vita staples, including Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Celceta, and Cold Steel. I need a recommendation for any Vita game which you guys have found extremely addicting and fun recently.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Luftrausers

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got P4 Dancing All Night on sale a while back and I've been playing it a lot (I'm trying to perfect all songs on the highest difficulty) but some people don't like it for some reason

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Slur posted:

I acquired $20 to the PSN store recently. I have most of the Vita staples, including Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Celceta, and Cold Steel. I need a recommendation for any Vita game which you guys have found extremely addicting and fun recently.

Moe Chronicles

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I got P4 Dancing All Night on sale a while back and I've been playing it a lot (I'm trying to perfect all songs on the highest difficulty) but some people don't like it for some reason

because there is a sickness in their heart and they've not yet mustered up the will to confront it through dance

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Slur posted:

P4g you piece of poo poo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Slur posted:

Real answer: EDF2

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

EV has a *decent* camera. It's not worse than many other games, but there's no excuse for it not seeing any improvements in the two years between it and SV.

In fact, that's the problem with the second statement. It makes some improvements, but it doesn't make two years worth of improvements. In two years, the genre it is trying to emulate evolved, and it spent more time making sure the physics engine made the boobs bounce just right in Diorama Mode that they forgot to actually make the game better and make it not buggy and terrible before they shipped it. Heck, in either this or the SK thread, someone posted a video of them soft-locking a level with Haruka, forcing a retreat. I never saw those kinds of problems in SV, which raises the question "What the hell were they doing for two years?" We could say "Making Deep Crimson", but there were months between DC's release and EV's release.

Having seen the Vita version in action, it feels more like SV 1.5, which is okay if you like really hate change.
There are parts of this that I can agree with. Hell, the game went to patch 1.19 after a plethora of game breaking bugs. I feel like EV got a lot of the same treatment that Deep Crimson did in that Marvelous was so focused on trying or adding new things. While Deep Crimson did add a lot of cool features like challenge modes, tag ninpos, and youma battles, the overall mechanics felt unrefined and the extra content came off as unfinished. EV felt a lot in the same regard in various aspects. Character balances are pretty bad with the heavy-hitting characters (Hanabi, Yozakura, ect) being not fun to play as at best, and almost completely unplayable at worst being one of the biggest culprits for example. The camera I feel is exactly the same as the one in SV which is why I didn't have any issues with it. They definitely could have refined it as they did in the later released Valkyrie Drive, but I think they were too focused on creating new stage finishers and what-not. Still, even with all of its faults, I consider EV a good step forward for the series and hope that the next release will encompass the positive things from both EV and Deep Crimson.

I want high-definition youma battles and stuff to be in the next SK game.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Get VLR

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Some of the remixes are real loving bad

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

almost all of them own

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It annoys me because sometimes 'good' breaks my combo chain and sometimes it doesn't???????

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It annoys me because sometimes 'good' breaks my combo chain and sometimes it doesn't???????

It happens to me too but the key is to not get good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

good is bad unless you are in fever mode i think???

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Sakurazuka posted:

Goods are fine when you are in the own zone. I haven't played it in so long I don't remember what they actually call this mode though.

Edit: Fever mode sounds right.

Also the soundtrack is pretty great on the whole but there are definitely a couple of real clunkers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't call it good if it breaks my fuckin combo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Strive to be better than good

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Unfortunate heritage from other rhythm games, really.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly I kind of hate ranked hits in rhythm games, it should be just hit or miss.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Help Im Alive posted:

It happens to me too but the key is to not get good
git gud perfect

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly I kind of hate ranked hits in rhythm games, it should be just hit or miss.
Perfect or Fail should be the new rhythm game meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Takoluka posted:

EDF! EDF!