Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Good to know that there are about 60 video games, I lost count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Palpek posted:

Saw this on imgur:

Or I could just play Duck Game the pinnacle of video games.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Star Fox was never simply a rail shooter and it's nuts to pretend it ever was. That's like calling Zelda a beat-em-up.

SF64 was a great expansion/evolution on the rail shooter genre, and it's nuts to pretend that's not where most of its gameplay comes from.
Too bad rail shooters didn't take ideas from how successful it was, they could have been a bigger genre. Kind of like how Halo somewhat reinvented FPS games and brought the genre back into the spotlight.

Palpek posted:

Saw this on imgur:

Lmao ME2, Human Revolution, Soul Calibur, GTAIV. What garbage person made that.(the first three were okay to good at the time but have aged horribly, ME2 being the only okay one still)
Also lol at DMC3 being the hardest game of all time and CT being the best game of all time, as well as terrible picks for Mega Man and WWE games.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Dark Souls is the perfect game, and it's not even on there, so I don't know how that chart could lead me to picking it.

No really, I didn't see any soulsgames on there.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I can't believe one idiot's opinion on games is different from other idiots' opinions on games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm pretty sure dmc3 isn't the hardest game ever

Not when NES games exist, no

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
if sf0 is like sf64 then i want to play it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
no, FINGER prints

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
My favorite sports game is EA Sports

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfPFZ4QIuKQ looks interesting imo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looks like Hatred

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

no, FINGER prints

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
SF64 was great back in the day but a big part of that was those of us without PCs or Playstations getting bowled over by a game being so cinematic because it had actual voice acting. That and when you're a kid who only gets a few games a year it being super replayable with the branching paths and medals which was really nice.

Palpek posted:

Saw this on imgur:

Never use Imgur as anything but an image host.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

when I was 5 the game that blew me away was Unreal

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Nasgate posted:

SF64 was a great expansion/evolution on the rail shooter genre, and it's nuts to pretend that's not where most of its gameplay comes from.
Too bad rail shooters didn't take ideas from how successful it was, they could have been a bigger genre. Kind of like how Halo somewhat reinvented FPS games and brought the genre back into the spotlight.

Lmao ME2, Human Revolution, Soul Calibur, GTAIV. What garbage person made that.(the first three were okay to good at the time but have aged horribly, ME2 being the only okay one still)
Also lol at DMC3 being the hardest game of all time and CT being the best game of all time, as well as terrible picks for Mega Man and WWE games.
That guy has Gabriel Knight on there so they're not all bad. (Though TLJ is the strongest written of the old school adventure games.)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Is there any reason in particular for all the Lum avatars going around lately or just a fun anime trend of the month?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nasgate posted:

ah yes, Human Revolution has aged horribly and has truly become unplayable in the span of four and a bit years

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

SF64 was great back in the day but a big part of that was those of us without PCs or Playstations getting bowled over by a game being so cinematic because it had actual voice acting. That and when you're a kid who only gets a few games a year it being super replayable with the branching paths and medals which was really nice.

i had a pc and was still blown away by sf64 and its still one of the only games i've 100%'ed because it was simple to control and the levels were mostly fast hectic rides. Zero sounds a lot like the controls are bad and there are way too many all range mode levels where you dick around wandering the ground and searching holes with a robot probe for a long time and that's not starfox to me

and also there's no mp mode besides coop? that was a huge 4 player n64 game for me and unlocking the tank and the man were a big motivator to play the game to death.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 22, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ostentatious posted:

when I was 5 the game that blew me away was Unreal

don't leave us hanging ..... !!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Is there any reason in particular for all the Lum avatars going around lately or just a fun anime trend of the month?

Try hot to get Lum-ped in with the rest of them!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

ah yes, Human Revolution has aged horribly and has truly become unplayable in the span of four and a bit years

I'm trying to give it the benefit of the doubt and pretending it wasn't old garbage the day it came out.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Nah Deus Ex 3 is still good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Human Revolution is a good game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Human Revolution is good and Mass Effect series front to back is terrible

also Soul Calibur mission/quest mode has never been topped

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vVgYU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

human revolution is good except the supposedly outsourced boss fights and also i wish it would have told me at what point i failed the no kills achievement

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

also the energy bar system i remember being frustrating

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Director's Cut has the same bosses but much better arenas, so you can stealth and hack your way to victory

It also automatically regenerates the first two energy cell things instead of just the first one so you can use your enhanced powers with impunity

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nasgate posted:

I'm trying to give it the benefit of the doubt and pretending it wasn't old garbage the day it came out.
I didn't think it was great (worth a playthrough) but I don't know what "old" means in this context.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

oddium posted:

don't leave us hanging ..... !!

Unreal 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Soul Calibur was like the only fighting game I ever enjoyed

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Everybody loves Rumiko Takahashi.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

The Director's Cut has the same bosses but much better arenas, so you can stealth and hack your way to victory

It also automatically regenerates the first two energy cell things instead of just the first one so you can use your enhanced powers with impunity

hmm. from this information, i declare Human Revolution to be, in all parts, Good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Quest For Glory II posted:

Soul Calibur was like the only fighting game I ever enjoyed

Soul Calibur II is really good

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Nah Deus Ex 3 is still good.

A half year later, Syndicate released with vastly better gunplay and augments.(and soundtrack)
7 Years previous, MGS3 had better stealth, gunplay and story.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I have completed borderlands 1 for the first time and lmao the ending is just as bad as I remember it from watching my roommate play it years ago

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Nasgate posted:

A half year later, Syndicate released with vastly better gunplay and augments.(and soundtrack)
7 Years previous, MGS3 had better stealth, gunplay and story.

who cares

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Seriously hahaha "here you go there was an alien inside and you killed it and now you can get 200k money for the key, have fun"

Time to do the dlc now I guess

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

borderlands as a series isn't very good imo but I hope you had fun playing the video game

everyone should have fun while gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I did have fun! :) I just thought the ending was pretty bad. Also wasn't a fan of the final enemies having oddly resilient shields but whatevs nbd. Had to restart the final boss a few times since I realized I didn't have enough ammo to kill it.

Gonna do zombie island of dr ned next

• Locked thread