Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm starting to get really fed up with these small minded idiots on the radio ranting about transgender people, "Getting special rights" and fearing they're going to molest children.

Unfuckingreal with this poo poo.

"WELL WHAT IF MY 6 YEAR OLD GRAND DAUGHTER HAS TO USE THE BATHROOM AND THERE'S A MAN USING IT AS WELL"

IF SHE WAS GOING TO GET MOLESTED YOU IDIOT, THE PERSON MOLESTING HER WOULD HAVE JUST GONE IN THERE NORMALLY. BESIDES I BET MONEY SHE'S MORE LIKELY TO GET MOLESTED AT ONE OF YOUR STUPID BACKWARDS rear end CHURCHES OR AT HOME THAN SHE WOULD IN A PUBLIC RESTROOM AT loving WAL-MART.

Christ...like I'm not supposed to be some sort of 'Social Justice" type but these people are so goddamn far to the right and so goddamned insane it's made me almost into one.

gently caress these people.

...if you want justice in society you are a social justice type. Welcome to the SJW squad, here's your badge and gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Chantilly Say posted:

...if you want justice in society you are a social justice type. Welcome to the SJW squad, here's your badge and gun.

Sweet.

No I'm just saying. I always thought I was more apathetic towards these things, but I guess the overton window being so far right has caused me to do that.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Aw, Jesus Christ.

Prince and Bowie are dead but Ted Nugent still walks the Earth.

gently caress God, is what I'm saying.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

BiggerBoat posted:

Aw, Jesus Christ.

True, but Antonin Scalia is also dead. Checks and balances.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

Aw, Jesus Christ.

I don't understand why you're comparing him to them. He was never an artist. He wasn't even a good guitarist.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

FuzzySkinner posted:

"Getting special rights"

This is really the point where you know they're gonna spew some retarded bullshit.

They aren't getting any special rights.

Let me know if you wanna get a beer. Talk radio is trampling down on ya.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Target's announcement seems to have set off the stubby-dicked macho posturing tool types really hard. I'm inclined to think there's some lizard brain triggering about the possibility of a woman with a bigger penis than their own taking a leak in the stall next to their wife/girlfriend/whatever.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Doctor Butts posted:

This is really the point where you know they're gonna spew some retarded bullshit.

They aren't getting any special rights.

Let me know if you wanna get a beer. Talk radio is trampling down on ya.

I'll have to take you up on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqWqVZOIOn8

This is the guy by the way.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Xanderkish posted:

Scalia was loving expensive.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Potential BFF posted:

Target's announcement seems to have set off the stubby-dicked macho posturing tool types really hard. I'm inclined to think there's some lizard brain triggering about the possibility of a woman with a bigger penis than their own taking a leak in the stall next to their wife/girlfriend/whatever.

Wow, you weren't lying.

https://www.afa.net/the-stand/press-releases/2016/04/sign-the-boycott-target-pledge/

quote:

The American Family Association is calling for a boycott of Target after the retail giant said it would allow men to use the women's restrooms and dressing rooms in their stores.

On its web site this week, Target announced, "[W]e welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity. ...Everyone deserves to feel like they belong."

This means a man can simply say he "feels like a woman today" and enter the women's restroom...even if young girls or women are already in there.

Target's policy is exactly how sexual predators get access to their victims. And with Target publicly boasting that men can enter women's bathrooms, where do you think predators are going to go?

Clearly, Target's new policy poses a danger to wives and daughters. We think many customers will agree. And we think the average Target customer is willing to pledge to boycott Target stores until it makes protecting women and children a priority.

One solution is a common-sense approach and a reasonable solution to the issue of transgendered customers: a unisex bathroom. Target should keep separate facilities for men and women, but for the trans community and for those who simply like using the bathroom alone, a single occupancy unisex bathroom option should be provided.

AFA urges all who think exposing others to danger is a bad idea to take action.

Sign the pledge to boycott Target now! Target should not allow men to enter the women's restrooms and dressing rooms.

After you sign the pledge, contact Target and let them know you've gotten involved and taken action. Call Target Guest Relations at 1-800-440-0680.

Share your concerns on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/target. When sharing this on social media use #BoycottTarget.

Please share this email with family, friends and Sunday School members.

Sign the Boycott Target Pledge NOW!
________________/

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
who prowls dressing rooms to assault people. honestly you might as well hang around dingy alleyways and the back corners of public parks at that point

yes, hello, i would like to attack people in the place that's generally around 25 feet from a minwage employee on antitheft patrol thanks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Can't wait for some far right rear end in a top hat to assault a kid in a Target bathroom to "prove a point"

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

FuzzySkinner posted:

No I'm just saying. I always thought I was more apathetic towards these things, but I guess the overton window being so far right has caused me to do that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing has pushed my personal beliefs to the left faster and harder than watching the antics of the right over the last few years.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I thought the way attackers got access to children was by becoming youth ministers, little league coaches, or having congressional pages report to them

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I work at Target. While cashiering today, I was checking out a woman, and I did my typical "Have you heard of our Target Red Card?" spiel. She replied by saying she might not even shop there anymore "if they don't stop that whole transgender business. You can't even go to the bathroom anymore!" I didn't say anything after that, until she got ready to leave and I told her to have a wonderful and persecution free day.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Xanderkish posted:

Liberal death god is practical and strategic, conservative death god is drawn to shiny things that elicit emotion.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing has pushed my personal beliefs to the left faster and harder than watching the antics of the right over the last few years.

Yeah I'm another one of those and I dislike explaining that to people. I was a rabid libertarian when I was younger and stupider. My social views couldn't go much further to the left but otherwise I could be quite the righty.

The Bush happened. Then I spent a lot of time living in poverty and looking at the services offered to help poor people at least not have lovely lives chipped away. Then I saw the tremendous meltdown the right had over Oblammo getting elected.

Then when in college I saw what that lovable shithead Corbett wanted to do to my state.

Now the right wing has gone full on loving psychotic and I'm like "wow gently caress let's keep these guys as far away from the levers as possible, thanks."

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Bush's antics alone were more than enough to make me anti right wing for good. The day the announced with pride that they were torturing prisoners gave me the deepest leveled of shame I hade known. At least until the more recent, much more unbelievably, comically evil acts followed and became the norm.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

There's no steathier way to molest a kid than to persue him in a place that is inundated with security cameras!

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
More of Limbaugh trying to skirt the line between candidates so he doesn't have to take a side and his audience not having any of it :swoon:

quote:

RUSH: I finally figured it out. I have been so crystal clear on what Cruz is doing with the delegates. And I have been beside myself trying to figure out how in the world can anybody disagree with this, and how can anybody see any illegality in it, and it took me three minutes, but I extracted it from the previous caller. And now I understand. You're still all wet, but I at least now understand it, which I will explain in due course.

This is such a discovery. I feel like Columbus, except I know that I have landed in the West Indies and not America. Means I know where I am; he didn't, but he thought he knew. I got it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

Okay. So, to spell this out for you, a party has its primary, a state as its primary. We'll stick with South Carolina. Trump wins. Which means the delegates that he wins in South Carolina, who are not chosen at the time of the primary. Nobody knows who they are yet. But whoever they end up being are required to vote for Trump on the first ballot. Everybody knows, everybody agrees, no problem.

Some time after the primary the GOP in South Carolina has its convention where many things happen, including the selection of the delegates that go to the convention. The delegates can be inside party bigwigs, they can be people that run for election as delegates in their local precincts, counties or what have you, or they can be appointed by Republican Party bigwigs, or they can be elected Republicans themselves. It's a mixture of all kinds of different people. You could have a guy on his farm out there, next to somebody that owns an automobile dealership. Could be any number of people. And on the first ballot they're pledged to however the people voted in the state.

But in the second and third and fourth and whatever subsequent ballots, they're free agents. They can vote however they wish. Ted Cruz has been going in, and Trump has not.
Cruz has going into these states at the time they choose the delegates. He has tried to participate in which delegates get chosen by having delegates that support him be chosen as delegates. The delegates that are not pro-Cruz he then tries to persuade them to be for him on the second and third ballot. Sometimes he'll succeed. Sometimes not. That's it. It's brilliant, it's politics as it's been for eons.

There's nothing new about it. There's no cheating. There's no skullduggery. There's nothing illegal, and yet I get all these people, "I can't believe you're falling for it." And I didn't know until just now that what Trump people think is happening is that Cruz is going in there and buying them. And the reason that's bad is 'cause that's how the establishment does it. And this is what I was missing. The Trump supporters think that Cruz is no different than your average lobbyist, walking up to Capitol Hill and buying off a member of Congress to support open borders.

Instead, it's Cruz as the lobbyist who's going to the state convention and paying for or wining and dining or bribing these delegates, because, after all, what delegate would support Cruz on his own, I guess is the assumption. And because I did not include in my explanation of this the possibility that Cruz might be wining and dining them, it means I was either lying or being fooled and being duped for not realizing what Cruz was really doing.
But since this kind of thing is not allowed -- and I know, go and chuckle if you want. Technically you can take 'em to dinner, but you can't promise them this and that and all this talk about Trump flying them around on Trump Force One or putting them up at Mar-a-Lago, I'm joking. Look at the bylaws, it's not permitted, but wink-wink, you say yes, we all know it happens.

As far as I know, Ted Cruz is going in there and selling himself and his conservatism, period. There's nothing illegal about it. But apparently some of you Trump supporters think that Cruz is so reprehensive, so horrible, so rotten, the only way any delegate would support him is if he's paying 'em off. And, I'm sorry, I didn't include that in the possibility in the procedure. In some states -- and this differs from state to state -- in some states they are lobbying for Cruz supporters to be chosen as delegates, and it's the lobbying that rubs people wrong, right? But it's the way politics is. That kind of behavior is not exclusively establishment behavior.

So now I guess I understand why so many of you Trumpists think I've sat here and lost it or am blind to obvious cheating when I haven't seen any, because that has not been part of what I think is going on. You may think I'm still being stupid and think that it is, but it's not. Cruz doesn't have the money and he doesn't have the wherewithal to be buying enough of these delegates. It's not how it's done in this stage. I know you think it is and that's what this election is all about, it's ridding politics of all that establishment, insider stuff, and that Cruz is engaging in it and is rotten to the core.

Let me tell you what happened in Colorado. This is a lost cause, too. Colorado got screwed, in their minds, in 2012. The system in Colorado, they had a primary, and their first ballot delegates were pledged to the guy that won their state, who happened to be Santorum, who happened to not be there at the end. So Colorado's delegation had to vote Santorum on the first ballot and they didn't want to and they resented the rules that made them do it.

So they came up with new rules that would have all of their delegates unbound, every one of the 34 delegates in Colorado this year, by virtue of their rules change, could be unbound 'cause they didn't like the fact that they were locked into somebody that didn't get the nomination in 2012, which in effect made the Colorado delegation useless and pointless at the convention. And nobody wants to go there and not matter.

So they wrote rules suggesting that there wasn't gonna be a primary and their delegates are gonna be chosen and they would be unbound from the get-go. Pennsylvania the same way, for different reasons. Blue in the face, 17 out of 71 delegates are pledged; the other 54 are free agents, up for grabs on the first ballot.

The automatic suspicion here of payoffs, bribery, cheating, lying, stealing, I guess people assume that's going on, it's what politics is, it's what they hate about the establishment, and Trump of course clean and pure as the wind-driven snow is not doing any of that. He's not messing with the delegates. He's not denying anybody their precious vote, so Trump is holier than thou on this.

But Cruz, Kasich and all the rest of these guys are monkeying with Colorado, monkeying with people's right to vote and taking their privilege away from them and disenfranchising them and selling their votes to the highest lobbyist bidder and so forth. I'm telling you that that's not what Cruz is doing.

Trump could go into these state conventions and trying to get these delegates on his side the second, third ballot if he wanted to. He either... Another thing. I refuse to believe he doesn't know the rules here. I think he's made a decision that he wasn't gonna need to do that. He was gonna win this going away a month ago. None of this was gonna be necessary. But now since it is, and they're all gonna be gathered in a single place for four straight days, it's much easier to have at them in Cleveland rather than travel all over the country -- state after state, convention after convention, delegate selection process after delegate selection process.

Why waste your time doing that?

Why staff up for that when it isn't gonna be necessary?

Why have a ground game?

Well, if you don't think you're gonna need a ground game, why have a ground game? Obviously he chose not to have a ground game for the longest time, and Cruz did. But you know what this adds up to? This just illustrates how there can't be any unity.
Like our previous caller, Eric, said: The never-Trumpers and never-Cruzers, how do you bring them all together after this? That's his point. (interruption) I'm not accomplishing anything. Snerdley said, "You're doing a great job by explaining." I'm not accomplishing anything. Don't you understand? I'm not accomplishing anything.

In fact, this is, what, my 23rd time explaining this and I still have to do it?

How much am I accomplishing here?
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/04/20/i_ve_finally_discovered_it_trumpists_think_cruz_is_buying_delegates

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Being in a place a trust makes it way easier to assault someone than some rando at target. Honestly the only assaults that will probably happen are assholes assaulting someone they perceive to be too manly.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Do these people literally think that some judge is going to rule against some sexual predator getting jail time because said sexual predator has found some sort of loophole?

Like...how deranged is that? Not to mention it takes away from real issues related to rape, sexual predators and such by placing it on an imagined threat.

But we all know what game these idiots are playing. Remember the southern strategy? Replaced "Blacks" with "LGBT" and it's pretty obvious what path they're going down. They got beat on "Don't ask don't tell", and Gay Marriage. Now they're using "state's rights" to set up fire walls to continue to allow themselves to keep power and allow themselves the ability to discriminate against people.

"...You start off by saying human being, human being, human being. Then you find out in 2010 you can't say that no more. Hurts ya....."

Beef Hardcheese posted:

The anger and just flat out inability to listen to reason drives me insane. Not to mention every other policy they push seems to be designed to gently caress over any one that isn't their protected class.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Hot dating advice folks. Apparently ordering lobster entitles the person who pays for it to sex. I'll be sure to put everyone who attended my wedding on notice.

O'Reilly posted:

BILL O'REILLY (HOST): That's my question. Here's Watters. What happens when you take a woman to -- give a woman a lobster? I don't know what happens.

JESSE WATTERS: It's the most expensive thing on the menu.

O'REILLY: Yeah? And they're impressed? Women are impressed?

WATTERS: Bill, I can't believe you of all people don't know this.

O'REILLY: No, I mean, I know that lobster is fairly expensive.

O'REILLY: Then tell me what it is!

WATTERS: I mean, then maybe she might be indebted or maybe interested later --

O'REILLY: Oh, I see. A payoff for the lobster.

WATTERS: You spent a lot of money at dinner!

O'REILLY: The lobster payoff.

http://mediamatters.org/node/718386

Also, best comment

quote:

He's a loofah, not a fighter .....

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
A minor coincidence. I just watched a rerun of the Good Eats episode on lobster. It's a piss easy dish and fairly affordable. Marketing and restaurants are BS.

Also reminder, O'Reilly doesn't know how tides work and is arrogant enough to think that no one else knows. Also also falafel, he banned the word falafel.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Also O'Reilly had no idea that black restaurant-goers act like anybody else, he was completely shocked that they weren't constantly yelling profanity at the waitstaff and doing whatever else old white guys think black people do.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm starting to get really fed up with these small minded idiots on the radio ranting about transgender people, "Getting special rights" and fearing they're going to molest children.

"WELL WHAT IF MY 6 YEAR OLD GRAND DAUGHTER HAS TO USE THE BATHROOM AND THERE'S A MAN USING IT AS WELL"

IF SHE WAS GOING TO GET MOLESTED YOU IDIOT, THE PERSON MOLESTING HER WOULD HAVE JUST GONE IN THERE NORMALLY. BESIDES I BET MONEY SHE'S MORE LIKELY TO GET MOLESTED AT ONE OF YOUR STUPID BACKWARDS rear end CHURCHES OR AT HOME THAN SHE WOULD IN A PUBLIC RESTROOM AT loving WAL-MART.

Christ...like I'm not supposed to be some sort of 'Social Justice" type but these people are so goddamn far to the right and so goddamned insane it's made me almost into one.

It's weird because usually they don't think signs will deter criminals.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Popular Thug Drink posted:

who prowls dressing rooms to assault people. honestly you might as well hang around dingy alleyways and the back corners of public parks at that point

yes, hello, i would like to attack people in the place that's generally around 25 feet from a minwage employee on antitheft patrol thanks

This actually happened to a female relative of mine, some freak followed her into the dressing room and started yelling at her. If only he had claimed to be transgender he would have gotten away with it instead of being escorted out, I'm sure! :rolleyes:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

A decent reply to these people would be, "if you're that worried about your daughter in a public restroom then we actually just passed a law that makes it legal for you to go in there with her!"

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

VitalSigns posted:

Also O'Reilly had no idea that black restaurant-goers act like anybody else, he was completely shocked that they weren't constantly yelling profanity at the waitstaff and doing whatever else old white guys think black people do.

Now that is some comical levels of racism.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kro-Bar posted:

Who better to eulogize Prince than Stacy Dash? They're both black, which is apparently the only requirement Fox News needed.

She's the only one on staff who liked his music. :corsair:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Geostomp posted:

Now that is some comical levels of racism.

The best part was that he said it all in the context of him going out to dinner with Al Sharpton at Sylvia's. Like way to share a meal with a civil rights activist and learn nothing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FuzzySkinner posted:

They think that gay and transgender people are pedophiles, yo. I'm not kidding, google that poo poo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Phone posted:

https://www.afa.net/the-stand/press-releases/2016/04/sign-the-boycott-target-pledge/

quote:

One solution is a common-sense approach and a reasonable solution to the issue of transgendered customers: a unisex bathroom. Target should keep separate facilities for men and women, but for the trans community and for those who simply like using the bathroom alone, a single occupancy unisex bathroom option should be provided.

And... and seperate water fountains!

And maybe make them sit in their own sections in the rear of public TRANSportation!

And maybe we like... won't serve their kind in the same watering holes as white regular folk.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm curious what the crossover is between bathroom warriors and sovereign citizens. They both believe in the same sort of magic word spell bullshit, it's just that the target (no pun) is different but the lack of understanding is the same.

Like shouting "I'M TRANSGENDER" gives you special bathroom powers whereas shouting "AM I BEING DETAINED" gives you special police immunity powers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Counterpoint: don't talk to the cops.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Chilichimp posted:

They think that gay and transgender people are pedophiles, yo. I'm not kidding, google that poo poo.

I think it was in another thread, but I just recently brought up Boys Beware, which is a public safety video about how to avoid pedophiles, but they replace the term "pedophile" with "homosexual".

Oh, and at the end, the kid gets probation for being molested, because the 1950s/60s were a godawful cesspool. :psyboom:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Being in a place a trust makes it way easier to assault someone than some rando at target. Honestly the only assaults that will probably happen are assholes assaulting someone they perceive to be too manly.

This has already started. :(

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hermetic posted:

Oh, and at the end, the kid gets probation for being molested, because the 1950s/60s were a godawful cesspool. :psyboom:

You think that poo poo is restricted to the 1950s/60s? Women are still getting probated and even expelled from high school and college for getting molested and sexually assaulted.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

PhazonLink posted:

A minor coincidence. I just watched a rerun of the Good Eats episode on lobster. It's a piss easy dish and fairly affordable. Marketing and restaurants are BS.

Also reminder, O'Reilly doesn't know how tides work and is arrogant enough to think that no one else knows. Also also falafel, he banned the word falafel.

Remember that these same people hated the idea of poors eating lobster or having fridges to hold them. They wish to envision a world of limits and entitlements where purple is the color of the noble class, that lobster is for those who don't have to pay taxes, that apparently women must offer sexual gratification because they ingested "the lobster payoff". Which is all the more funny when you look back to the fact that before the 19th century, in the US, Lobster actually was the sign of poverty and something too cruel even to feed to prisoners or dogs. What was once so plentiful that it was embarrassing to be the only thing you "could presente their friends with was a lobster … without bread or anyhting else but a cupp of fair water" is now fancy because industrial age pollution wrecked population levels into a hard to find commodity that now has the market reputation of high class food because its "expensive".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

nachos posted:

The NBA is going to pull the all star game from Charlotte if the law isn't changed. Time for another round of NBA players as thugs and criminals.

And when they do pull the ASG, Republican lawmakers will double down on their commitment to "conservative principles" in the face of "big money liberal sports media". They do this to pander to the lowest common denominator conservative voter because they know that they will get re-elected again next year. North Carolina has one of the most xenophobic and least educated electorates in the South and no matter how reprehensible the policies are, people will still vote for them.

I think the main thing that scares me about modern day Republicans is how they overlook what is best for society and instead vote based on "party principles", which in reality are designed to appeal to racist/evangelical voting bases.