Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

YouTuber posted:

Neat we have our very own weatherman in the thread! Somehow you managed to get literally every bit of your post wrong. What an impressive feat.

Looks right to me :confused:

Wizchine posted:

Well... I wouldn't have had much free time anyway. I'll still consider coming back but life's different with a kid.

You don't need nearly as much free time as you used to. There's probably no better time than now to resub - game is rapidly approaching Good status, and holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck do we have a lot of nerds to shoot at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Hobold posted:

VG is soo drat :kimchi: I want to drag my alt out to HS to mine with him. Its useless in this war anyways.

I'm thinking the same, my mission alt isn't terribly useful to the war and it's not worth it being in goon squad due to the war decs anyway.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

mehall posted:

Actual lol if your main can't fly a retriever.

I don't want to bring any grrr goons pubbie rage anywhere near Videogames and his chill adventures so my main is staying in staging :colbert:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zephyrine posted:

DJ is Eve goons George Washington. If George Washington rose from the grave every few years to pull the people out of the next mess they got into.

pretty sure sesfan is washington, suas is sherman and DJ is GWB

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Xachariah posted:

I'm thinking the same, my mission alt isn't terribly useful to the war and it's not worth it being in goon squad due to the war decs anyway.

I was looking at my alts queue, and realized I'm stupid. She's got Exhumers 4, Mining Frigate 1. :eng99:

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Hobold posted:

I was looking at my alts queue, and realized I'm stupid. She's got Exhumers 4, Mining Frigate 1. :eng99:

You just now figured this out?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LuiCypher posted:

What's interesting about that article to me is that the people financing the war are functionally invincible.

I know EVE is all about "You can be THE GUY" sort of stuff, but for all of the financiers talk of 'we only retaliate to in-game stuff in-game' it's a mighty high horse they get to sit upon because it's fundamentally impossible to retaliate against their actions in-game. They can log into Jita, pay whatever number of corporations they want to wage war against you, watch all of your stuff burn, and never even have to undock. They'll make their money back from gamblers in the meantime. You can't even spend the ISK/effort to get a suicide gank in on them. For goons who scam people, at least those people can resort to trying to kill you in game via bounties or mercenary contracts.

This is why I think any and all eve gambling sites should be banned by ccp.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
There's also the part where IWI wanted the SMA leader guy to film himself IRL eating a bag of gummy dicks as a sign of submission or some such. Which breaks the whole "only in game" narrative in two and then throws the pieces in the bin.

Because I'm sure Reddit wouldn't have a field day with that video and the inevitable pictures and memes that would follow the guy for the rest of his Eve career. And probably his real career once the MBC version of digi gets a hold of it.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Cyrelio posted:

You just now figured this out?

No. I've know I'm an idiot for awhile now.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

There's also the part where IWI wanted the SMA leader guy to film himself IRL eating a bag of gummy dicks as a sign of submission or some such. Which breaks the whole "only in game" narrative in two and then throws the pieces in the bin.

Because I'm sure Reddit wouldn't have a field day with that video and the inevitable pictures and memes that would follow the guy for the rest of his Eve career. And probably his real career once the MBC version of digi gets a hold of it.

It's almost like these people have some sort of mental illness

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Drythe posted:

It's almost like these people have some sort of mental illness

It's like cashing out an RMT scheme but instead of real money. He trades his isk for a real sense of power over someone else.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

mehall posted:

Actual lol if your main can't fly a retriever.

Does that count if you extracted the skills and injected them into an alt because you never mine and wanted the SP to actually be useful?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

incoming change: 3min cap on time spent entering warp

I think I heard boney's head explode

ChickenWing fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 22, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
rip highsec freighter ganking

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

ChickenWing posted:

incoming change: 3min cap spent on time in warp

Time in warp, or time to warp? If it's the former, what am I missing about how that kills freighter bumping/ganking?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Man, that Lenny guy seems like a douche, like even moreso than The Mittani.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

incoming change: 3min cap spent on time in warp

I think I heard boney's head explode

time in warp minutes what?

I have no idea what you mean.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Tsed posted:

Time in warp, or time to warp? If it's the former, what am I missing about how that kills freighter bumping/ganking?
As long as you're not tackled, there will never be more than 3 minutes between pressing 'warp' and entering warp; it won't be possible to keep a target bump tackled for several minutes while your fleet gets into position.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Tsed posted:

basically the way it will work is you initiate warp, and after 180 seconds, you complete align and enter warp no matter what

however if some unscrupulous ne'erdowell warps in a rookie frigate with a t1 warp disruptor and points you, that warp initiation falls off

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Tsed posted:

Time to warp, the time taken to align and get up to the required speed to enter warp.

It means that bumping freighters until you can muster up enough dudes to murder them is significantly more difficult

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Ah, okay, time to warp, then.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

edited, I did that thing where you type the words you're hearing instead of what you mean :downs:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

mehall posted:

Wait, there's goons mining in high-sec and just talking poo poo on mumble and stuff?

I might *actually* re-sub, instead of this whole "Will i won't i" bullshit I was going through a couple weeks ago.

It's actually more I am in high sec puttering about and mining and I am a goon. Not some grand goon coalition, just me and my two ships having fun while learning the ins and outs of eve.

I made my own silly corp because it was an opportunity mission and I didn't want to join anyone else's and be a useless burden.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

VideoGames posted:

It's actually more I am in high sec puttering about and mining and I am a goon. Not some grand goon coalition, just me and my two ships having fun while learning the ins and outs of eve.

I made my own silly corp because it was an opportunity mission and I didn't want to join anyone else's and be a useless burden.

Big things have small beginnings

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Glory of Arioch posted:

basically the way it will work is you initiate warp, and after 180 seconds, you complete align and enter warp no matter what

however if some unscrupulous ne'erdowell warps in a rookie frigate with a t1 warp disruptor and points you, that warp initiation falls off

So miniluv will need to welp an aggressor every 3 minutes to keep whales in place while bringing the taloses?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I saw some of your earlier posts when you started Eve, but I keep missing a couple days of the thread and then suddenly it's 1200 posts longer and I just skip to the end.

If you're down with having another goon in your corp, I've been wanting a new experience.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Did someone watch the CCP-twitch stream about ships and modules? Anything new, like the Black Ops and T3-rebalance we got promised many years ago?

I literally came back home a minute after that part was over.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ships & Modules Presentation

• Revenant buff includes Afterburner bonus, and a hitpoint and slot layout change.
  • Capitals get Tech 2 ammunition, including faction guns.
  • New Capital NPCs will drop named module components, and faction capital modules.
  • There are Normal Capital, Commander Capital, & Commander Supercapital.
  • They spawn in Null asteroid belts, sanctums & havens.
  • CCP are unifying signature resolution attribute at 40,000, to make the actual difference between guns more legible.
  • This does not change tracking results at all, its just to make comparing modules easier in this regard.
  • Blackops Battleships are being tweaked to have 1/2 its current Jump Fatigue.
  • Higgs Anchor (WH thing), while its fitted will nullify an interdiction bubble.
  • Warfare links are due in the summer. They will be area of effect buffs that last for its duration. No more need for specific fleet position for these boosters. They do not stack.
  • Rorqual get AoE Links, new excavator drones, mass reduction for wormholes, and a new AoE defensive invulnerability module. It prevents anyone from moving or attacking for its duration, including your fleet.
  • Vendetta (supercarrier?) is another ship whose stats were given.
  • On top of this are pirate implants by the various pirate factions.
  • Current Slave Implant bonus are going to become a Blood Raiders implant (name change only), Slave Implants will become a shield HP implant.
  • New Angel Cartel Remote Rep implant. etc. (see image below).
  • Fatigue is getting some tweaks, such as ship based fatigue, spool up required before jumping, etc. no concrete design stated though.
  • There will be a cap on how long a ship will spend on the entering warp phase without be pointed. Maximum time is 3 minutes, meaning no extended period of being bumped.
  • CCP are considering a Battlecruiser sized Fleet Command ship that can't do any E-War or Damage, but has high tank. This is to prevent FC headshotting

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 22, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Generation Internet posted:

Man, that Lenny guy seems like a douche, like even moreso than The Mittani.

Most current alliance leaders are douchy in some special way, hell most past ones too.

My personal favorite was always Progodlegend and his unwarranted sense of self importance. Because despite Inventing Every Fleet Doctrine Ever his biggest claim to fame was forging a bunch of pet alliances and corps originally dependent on BoB to do anything of note into an elite fighting force that was entirely dependent on PL/NC. to do anything of note. Hurray you smushed all the spread out worthless crap into a pile. Good job. Better post like you are an equal/senior partner in this whole thing and not the meat shield lol.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

[*] CCP are considering a Battlecruiser sized Fleet Command ship that can't do any E-War or Damage, but has high tank. This is to prevent FC headshotting

That seems a bit optimistic. CCP trying to scale a single hull irregardless of the size of the enemy fleet.

Currently half a million EHP will get you head shotted in the wrong fight. So what's the alternative? a subcap with a million EHP? How does that scale when you bring it into a small gang? Or shifting fleet sizes? Will this brick of a ship be able to FC interceptors? T3s?

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 22, 2016

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

That seems a bit optimistic. CCP trying to scale a single hull irregardless of the size of the enemy fleet.

Currently half a million EHP will get you head shotted in the wrong fight. So what's the alternative? a subcap with a million EHP? How does that scale when you bring it into a small gang?

Maybe they will limit amount of DPS it takes so it will take x number of seconds to kill no matter how much incoming DPS. I think they are doing that for citadel's?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Massasoit posted:

Maybe they will limit amount of DPS it takes so it will take x number of seconds to kill no matter how much incoming DPS. I think they are doing that for citadel's?

Not a bad idea actually if they make different versions for the varying fleet sizes.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

Currently half a million EHP will get you head shotted in the wrong fight. So what's the alternative? a subcap with a million EHP? How does that scale when you bring it into a small gang? Or shifting fleet sizes? Will this brick of a ship be able to FC interceptors? T3s?

Rather than take subcaps to crazy EHP levels, I can't see why they wouldn't just review the Target Spectrum Breaker module that was introduced for exactly this purpose but no one uses because it's dumb and half-assed.

nutri
Sep 7, 2010
Interesting idea my only concern would be logi being able to surpass that dps threshold making the fc invincible. I think one command ship per ship class that can switch between a shield based tank and armor tank similar to how the t3 destroyers can change their "mode" so they can fly with any fleet comp and you don't have to balance 50 new ships.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

nutri posted:

Interesting idea my only concern would be logi being able to surpass that dps threshold making the fc invincible.

That's actually fine because the FC cant deal damage anyway and how he's taking up logi as well.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

xtothez posted:

Rather than take subcaps to crazy EHP levels, I can't see why they wouldn't just review the Target Spectrum Breaker module that was introduced for exactly this purpose but no one uses because it's dumb and half-assed.

Well the description for it is so drat confusing, I have no idea how it works. Care to explain?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DarkMalfunction posted:

Well the description for it is so drat confusing, I have no idea how it works. Care to explain?

if you activate it it has a chance to break locks on you, the more locks on you the higher the chance they break

the goal is if one person is shooting you it does nothing, if a million are it's really powerful

in actuality it's just garbage at all times

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

evilweasel posted:

if you activate it it has a chance to break locks on you, the more locks on you the higher the chance they break

Including all logi.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

quote:

== Note: There's a thread on Goonfleet.com talking about Crass Kitty, a Twitch streamer, and discussing how to "troll" her by making fun of her grandfather who recently passed away along with a bunch of misogynistic comments ==
Imgur Album of the "trolling" - http://imgur.com/a/qXX2c
Quick quotes from the thread where they discussed this stuff.
Aryth (GSF CSM candidate, GoonWaffe) - "I would have you all know I am defending you to the rest of leadership right now."
~~~ So there you have it, Goons' own CSM rep is supporting & defending the harassment of an EVE player (via her family member dying) because of who she dared to speak with about World War Bee. ~~~
http://i.imgur.com/ySYwSRc.png Aryth, shown here with a yellow outline, was not only confirmed to be elected to the CSM yesterday on the Fanfest stream, but is also a Permanent Attendee where he is guaranteed trips to Iceland over the year.

Here's your obligatory daily "what's wrong with you guys"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:yikes:

• Locked thread