Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Been trying out Boss Humans, it's pretty ridiculous when it comes to speed. I'm not sure if it'll top anything, but it's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Off the top of my head, this is what we were testing with:

4 Day's Undoing
4 Declaration in Stone
2 Anguished Unmaking
2 Descend upon the Sinful
3 Pieces of the Puzzle
4 Void Shatter
2 Clash of Wills
2 Ultimate Price
1 Dead Weight
1 Anticipate
2 Engulf the Shore
2 Narset Transcendant
1 Sorin, Grim Nemesis
1 Languish
3 ?????? I can't remember right now.

4 U/W battle land
4 u/b battle land
4 shambling vents
4 evolving wilds
6 Island
2 swamp
2 plains

I put together a list that's similar and am taking it to FNM and SCG States tomorrow because frustrating jank is my lifeblood. I'm just fine trying to win without any creatures at all, but I'm seeing one issue in the maindeck: it's weak against manlands. Especially Lumbering Falls.

With as much bant company as I'm expecting to see at States, I'm anxious to find a way to deal with hexproof manlands without day's undoing making me answer it again and again. It's looking like Grip of Desolation during my main phase may be the only answer.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Mezzanon posted:

Played u/w skies at standard today as testing for provincials, seemed pretty good.

Deck did well against:

- G/b rock and sultai Rock (offensively well)
- u/w humans
- w humans

Pretty good against:

- bant company
- b/w control

Lost to:

- r/u/w control (in probably the tightest games I played all day)

Deck has solid potential, ojutai and always watching wins games, tragic arrogance is great sideboard tech, playing most of the deck at instant speed seems good.

I'm playing this tonight at FNM. I was goldfishing a couple hands just to see what to expect. What are some good strategies to playing offense/defense w/this?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

All right MTG even though I watch a lot of significantly better streamed games than you, I am going to give you another shot.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Okay Gabby has a much better broadcasting voice than most of their other casters, but I guess that makes sense since she came into the scene as a streamer.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Please transcribe all decklists, plays, and commentary, for those of us with twitch blocked. Thanks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

A bunch of assholes playing stupid cards for idiots,

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Finkel on BG control with Nissa's revelation and Seasons Past

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Please transcribe all decklists, plays, and commentary, for those of us with twitch blocked. Thanks.

Get the app. It's p good.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

rabidsquid posted:

A bunch of assholes playing stupid cards for idiots,

Nice, cool

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
:thurman: A narset is in a 75, I repeat, a narset is in a 75 :thurman:

Also who is this clown who doesn't know how to pronounce kalitas?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Manfield is also playing Spell Shrivel, I guess for manabase reasons? Anyway I'm enjoying janky Ux finishers vs quad Dark Petition into Six Mana Green Sorceries

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Sickening posted:

If you're not saying Cletus, you're doing it wrong.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

SEASON'S PAST

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The Dark Petition/Season's Past loop is real

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

This Pantheon deck has to have like 27 lands, which is a classic rabidsquid pleaser

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

"Cally-Tas"

or

"Kah-Lee-Tss"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Alaan posted:

Also someone on RG Goggles w/Worldbreakers and Chandra.

E: and Kozilek's return.

Would like to see this list...

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Looping Dark Petition and Seasons Past sounds very cool and good. Wanna hear more about LSV's Cryptolith Rites nonsense

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

anglachel posted:

List? I just threw a bunch of stuff into a deck and was fairly pleased by it's performance. Like it gets crushed by all the value decks out there, but the deck will still be a thing after rotation. Note that I tried to use predominately Shadows Cards. Kolaghan's command is probably strictly better than say Avacyn's Judgement, i just wanted more payoff cards for madness. Between Insolent Neonate, Heir of Falkenrath, Olivia, Ravenous Bloodseeker, Elusive Tormentor, and Lava Axe you have all the madness enablers ever. However the biggest problem is that there is there no good payoff cards for Madness in Shadows, and it's very unlikely we will see more madness cards in Eldritch Moon. Your best payoff cards if Fiery Temper, Avacyn's Judgement is cute, but your rarely in a position late game where you have both a madness enabler and Avacyn's Judgement ready go to with plenty of mana, so it's just a slightly less useful Kolaghan's Command quite a bit. Asylum Visitor is a 3/1 for 2 mana, I never once got her ability to get going. Kalitas and Elusive Tormentor will get Trangressed Away quite a bit.

All that said it's an aggro deck, and has plenty of fliers. You will take games simply off the fact that your opponent will keep a hand that is reasonable for a mid range value grindy game, and then you will just rush them to death. When this deck stumbles it stumbles pretty hard. But Avacyn's Judgement and Fiery Temper managed to close out a few games for me. Exquisite Firecraft is something worth considering for the deck. I have no idea what a reasonable sideboard would look like. Self Inflicted Wounds, Duresses, Trangress the Minds would for sure be in there.

Creatures: 29
4 Insolent Neonate
4 Falkenrath Gorger
4 Heir of Falkenrath
2 Ravenous Bloodseeker
2 Asylum Visitor
3 Drana
3 Olivia
3 Kalitas
1 Elusive Tormentor
3 Incorrigible Youths

Spells: 11
4 Fiery Temper
4 Lava Axe
3 Avacyn's Judgement

Lands: 20
4 Smoldering Marsh
4 Foreboding Ruins
8 Mountains
6 Swamps

That's pretty similar to mine.

3 avaricious dragon
3 sin prodder
3 Mindwrack demon
1 kalitas
2 Olivia
2 drana
4 pitiless horde
3 asylum visitor
3 incorrigible youths
4 lava axe
4 fiery temper
3 Avacyns judgement
4 alms of the vein
4 smoldering marsh
4 forboding ruins
6 mountain
6 swamp
1 drownyard temple

It's silly but I get to test it tonight so we will see. The sideboard is all flavors of removal from languish to roast to tears of valakut etc.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Seasons past buyout in progress, already $8 minimum. Dark Petition sold out everywhere too seems like.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Seasons past buyout in progress, already $8 minimum. Dark Petition sold out everywhere too seems like.

I can finally cash in on my dark petition foils! The $$$$$$

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
i just want lsv to win the pro tour, is that too much to ask?!

lol at people doing this after one feature match

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

:sigh:

I hate MTG Finance.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Count Bleck posted:

:sigh:

I hate MTG Finance.

or just, y'know, people wanting to play the cards

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

FYI if you use pucatrade, mtgfinance in full effect there. Seaons Past 212 points, it is over 80% of my trade matches ATM.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

or just, y'know, people wanting to play the cards

Right see the past two weeks, all these people who just want to play Seasons Past just collectively forgot to put it on their puca wants list, but today they all have it. Within the last couple hours dozens of pucatrade users collectively decided they want to play a card that price has gone from $2/200 points to $8/800 points.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

jassi007 posted:

FYI if you use pucatrade, mtgfinance in full effect there. Seaons Past 212 points, it is over 80% of my trade matches ATM.

Can you trade mtgo cards on there yet

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Count Bleck posted:

Can you trade mtgo cards on there yet

Not yet. They have a lot of excuses. They've commited to some closed beta test of the new features in June or July?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

An MTG player who just wants to play a card: "Consecrated Sphinx looks pretty cool, and its like a dollar fifty so I am gonna buy some and try to figure out how to play it."

An MTG player who "just wants to play a card": "I JUST REALIZED HOW MUCH I LOVE SECLUDED GLEN"

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

jassi007 posted:

Right see the past two weeks, all these people who just want to play Seasons Past just collectively forgot to put it on their puca wants list, but today they all have it. Within the last couple hours dozens of pucatrade users collectively decided they want to play a card that price has gone from $2/200 points to $8/800 points.

it's almost as if something happened within the last couple of hours that would make people want to play Seasons Past

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

jassi007 posted:

Not yet. They have a lot of excuses. They've commited to some closed beta test of the new features in June or July?

They asked for donations and raised a lot of money and delivered nothing. Don't use pucatrade.

Trick is also moderating twitch chat if you want to troll him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

This is a self fulfilling prophecy because a not insignificant number of people are speccing in because "but what if i want to play it later and its a $20 card i better buy a play set right now and maybe i can flip them if i don't want them"

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

80s James Hetfield posted:

i just want lsv to win the pro tour, is that too much to ask?!

lol at people doing this after one feature match

Granted it's only one feature match, but it is Jon Finkel playing the deck, which gives it credibility. He also beat Seth Manfield in that same game.

I grabbed a couple at $2-3 as soon as I saw it because I figured it had to be sweet for Finkel to use it and I love b/g grind decks.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

LSV 5-0

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'm going to have to have a moment of smugface because I spotted Seasons Past as an awesome card the moment it was spoiled, and pre-ordered at £0.50p each. Now my hero-pro is playing it? Yeah, I might be switching out from GR ramp.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

So they can't seem to keep the stream quality from being poo poo. I am shocked.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sickening posted:

It's getting bullshit annoying now. Having the play by play sent via carrier pigeon would be loving favorable.

Managed to grab 4 cheapo petitions on eBay, really hope Finkel's deck is real.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Sickening posted:

Yeah and unfortunately LSV is already locked for day 2 unlike usual, so we can't even hope for early LSV commentary.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Not showing the LSV vs Finkel match is absolutely horse poo poo and I am reminded again why I quit watching pro mtg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

rabidsquid posted:

Not showing the LSV vs Finkel match is absolutely horse poo poo and I am reminded again why I quit watching pro mtg

They're showing it.

Edit: Finkel got flooded game 1, mana screwed game 2. Hopefully we'll get to see him play again where he actually casts a spell all game.

qbert fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 22, 2016

• Locked thread