Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

I liked SC2 because Raphael could just push his opponent to the edge of the stage and then throw them off over and over and over until your friend Jason unplugs the PS2.

I played it on the Gamecube and Link's throw move was to jump over someone's shoulder and smack them in the back with the Great Hammer to send them flying, I beat 90% of my matches with hammer-induced ring outs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Link was brokenly OP because he's like the only person in the game with a projectile and the charged version was unblockable. I wonder if Nintendo asked them to do that on purpose

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'd reccomend Bravely Second but so far it has had an astonishingly large amount of death and killing and all the nice people died.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I liked SC2 because Raphael could just push his opponent to the edge of the stage and then throw them off over and over and over until your friend Jason unplugs the PS2.

my little brother actually stopped playing games with me because of soul calibur 2

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I am not glad of your new AV :mad:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/gta_5/news/amazon_blocks_non-prime_members_from_buying_certain_video_games.html

wherefore art thou amazontony

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

He died and went to videogame heaven.

Also jesus why the hell they thought that was a good idea. I use to have Prime, but it was mostly so I can use it for the shipping discounts.

This is just bullshit.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ahundredbux posted:

:eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

This, but it was Kilik with his super long pole and the absurd range.

In Training posted:

Link was brokenly OP because he's like the only person in the game with a projectile and the charged version was unblockable. I wonder if Nintendo asked them to do that on purpose

Yoshimistsu could heal mid-match if you gave him the time of day.

At first, I read that(appropriately) as "amazon.cu.ck"

I'm wondering if this hits PC games, or if the competition from Steam is such that they can't afford to paywall those items. And honestly, if your primary source of games is amazon, having prime is a good value.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

we reached out to amazon for comment, and they responded thusly: "amazon prime rules. try it today"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So they ported Lichdom Battlemage to consoles and it apparently averages <15 fps :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JXeX9sYYE

Have the goddamn dignity to not release something that doesn't loving work. How hard is that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ahundredbux posted:

its ok!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol 2 min+ loading times

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

So they ported Lichdom Battlemage to consoles and it apparently averages <15 fps :lol:

Have the goddamn dignity to not release something that doesn't loving work. How hard is that.

lol they couldn't get the game to run properly and they just released it anyway

oh god the upwards of 2 minute loading times

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
anyone have any extra codes for the mirrors edge closed beta? preferably ps4?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Eonwe posted:

my little brother actually stopped playing games with me because of soul calibur 2

How could someone actually be mad at your style of posting idgi

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Palpek posted:

This reminds me how much I liked Soulcalibur 3's singleplayer campaign. Unlocking weapons and enemies while going through a simple labirynth did it for me.

I never played a lot of the Soul Calibur series after Soul Edge and SC1, but this mode sounds a lot like the one in Tobal No. 1 and Tobal 2 on the PS1 which I did play the poo poo out of and were awesome.
It's a shame Square followed them up with that dumpster fire Ehrgeiz and then forgot about the series altogether.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

lol they couldn't get the game to run properly and they just released it anyway

oh god the upwards of 2 minute loading times

The game is 39.99 on consoles.

It's in a 2$ bundle on PC right now

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cardboard Box A posted:

The coop was basically a cyberpunk skinned Payday, it was fantastic and really filled a niche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srh3uZ5WHCw

It's too bad it never caught on

That looks like my kind of stuff, too bad the game got panned and nobody bought it.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Eonwe posted:

its ok!!!

Elephant good imo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PantsBandit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JXeX9sYYE

That's actually really disappointing because I liked that game on PC and it would otherwise translate very well to console style play. wtf

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

PantsBandit posted:

If they waited a bit they could release it as a PS4K exclusive and people would fight to the death defending it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I bought Star Fox Zero but it won't arrive until Tuesday.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Lichdom" is a cool word

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Is that game good? I thought it was just a tech demo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The combat is really fun and visceral and all the combinations of magic effects are cool. It also looks awesome on PC despite what you see in that shoddy-rear end port. It's kind of uneven in terms of quality though and the main campaign is twice the length that it should be. I still enjoyed it for what it was and it's definitely worth 5-10bux whenever it goes on sale, which is fairly often. If you liked the magic combat in Dark Messiah then you would probably like this game.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I'm a bit late, but thank you for the Star Citizen quarantine. :tipshat:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So did the PC port of DS3 turn out ok, I'm still leery after all the shenanigans with the DS1 port

Thinking of picking it up this weekend

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Ciaphas posted:

So did the PC port of DS3 turn out ok, I'm still leery after all the shenanigans with the DS1 port

Thinking of picking it up this weekend

It requires a very strong computer to run even at regular 30FPS. My computer's a few years old and after whining about it for a bit I tweaked some things and I can get it running at like 20-30fps regularly, though some moments in the Firelink Shrine tank the FPS. There was an update recently and I can't say for certain 'cause I haven't played recently but everything I've read seems to indicate that it runs worse.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Electric Lady posted:

It requires a very strong computer to run even at regular 30FPS. My computer's a few years old and after whining about it for a bit I tweaked some things and I can get it running at like 20-30fps regularly, though some moments in the Firelink Shrine tank the FPS. There was an update recently and I can't say for certain 'cause I haven't played recently but everything I've read seems to indicate that it runs worse.

It runs full 60 on my 970m laptop :shrug:

You need to lower setting pretty hard on older cards though

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah I think it's one of those games that can run fine or terribly based on your specific setup. IIRC it's NVIDIA cards that have troubles.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Runs fine with my GTX 680. If anything I can put everything on high now because that patch fixed the bonfire crashes.

It's definitely better then it was on launch day.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I had to actually remove the Steam Overlay Renderer .dll files to make my 970 stop stuttering, which was a new issue for me. You'd think just disabling Steam Overlay normally would work, but I guess there's something being executed at runtime that slows it down, overlay enabled or no. :pcgaming:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FutonForensic posted:

I had to actually delete the Steam Overlay Renderer .dll files to make my 970 stop stuttering, which was a new issue for me. You'd think just disabling Steam Overlay normally would work, but I guess there's something being executed at runtime that slows it down, overlay enabled or no. :pcgaming:

Is that's what is causing the microstutter I see on my 980ti? I'll get a smooth 60fps on max settings but then, every 20 seconds or so, it dips for no reason in a minorly distracting way.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty much, the steam overlay causes the stutter.

I didn't have to remove the files, I just went under properties and ticked not to run during DS3.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

Is that's what is causing the microstutter I see on my 980ti? I'll get a smooth 60fps on max settings but then, every 20 seconds or so, it dips for no reason in a minorly distracting way.

Auto saving does that apparently with steam overlay and share overlay

One thing that has been touched on but not fixed yet

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

What's the share overlay? I have Steam disabled already.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

What's the share overlay? I have Steam disabled already.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/gfe-beta

Only on beta GeForce experience

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Dr Cheeto posted:

That looks like my kind of stuff, too bad the game got panned and nobody bought it.

:agreed:

I'm half inclined to reinstall Payday 2 just for co-op shootmans shenanigans, but then I remember the reason I uninstalled it: updates every other day, making GBS threads on UI/QoL/aesthetic mods with false positives for cheating, poor difficulty balance... I actually got out shortly before the whole microtransactions/safe-and-drill nonsense.

They're still bad with nickel and dime DLC, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Okay, I don't have that, so it might potentially be the Steam Overlay causing the stutter. Is there a guide out there for how to disable the overlay .dlls without loving up the rest of Steam, or is it simple as locate file --> delete.

• Locked thread