Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Seeing Star Fox 64 at my cousins house for the first time was a defining moment of my childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

well i still contend that adventure is pretty cool and gets a lot of undeserved poo poo, I think.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Sometimes motion controls suck but if they fit the game they are fine. These seem simple to grasp and don't seem too awful. A lot of these reviewers seem mad that a game is based on nostalgia which is what most Nintendo games do in the first place

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

well i still contend that adventure is pretty cool and gets a lot of undeserved poo poo, I think.

I don't like it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i think it gets a lot of deserved poo poo in that Star Fox shouldn't have been shoehorned into it but that's upper echelon japanese business poo poo and not the games fault

it's been a long time but i remember thinking it wasn't bad and scratched the Zelda itch i wanted at the time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i think it gets a lot of deserved poo poo in that Star Fox shouldn't have been shoehorned into it but that's upper echelon japanese business poo poo and not the games fault

it's been a long time but i remember thinking it wasn't bad and scratched the Zelda itch i wanted at the time

It's not a terrible game but I found it pretty boring to play when I rented it back in the day, I ended up beating the game hoping it would get better. Maybe it's worth a second look though

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yeah, i'm not saying it's an amazing or even Good game, but it was fine imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah, i'm not saying it's an amazing or even Good game, but it was fine imo

Yeah. I haven't revisited it ever since I first rented and I have no desire to really, but I enjoyed it. Except I remember it being really stupid that you had to mash A really fast in that one village to continue the game and I got stuck there until I borrowed my friends turbo controller

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I'm with you on this one gamer. Adventure is good

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

adventure is actually the best star fox game ever released

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Brad is currently sporting his XL Aperture Science tshirt he got from Jeff while playing Dark Souls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Brad is currently sporting his XL Aperture Science tshirt he got from Jeff while playing Dark Souls.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember him saying he never finish dark souls because he stumbled into the painted world and someone told him it was a 6 hour DLC area that he can't escape until he beats the boss and he QQ'd out of it forever. Brad ftw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
played through start fax 64 once or twice but never really got the love for it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
corneria theme ftw though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

start fax 64

That game has a pretty grating soundtrack

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

So they stream the giant bomb panel at pax?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

So they stream the giant bomb panel at pax?

I've watched one of these before but I would say wide berth. Most of it is audience Q&A and the audience is the Games thread IRL. It was hard to watch

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Jason is streaming SFV while his wife reads questions from the chat and his adorable baby makes adorable baby noises.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i kind of want this lacrosse game

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Fluffdaddy posted:

Jason is streaming SFV while his wife reads questions from the chat and his adorable baby makes adorable baby noises.

That is... amazeballs.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I dont think I've ever seen a sports game quick look that I didnt laugh my rear end off at

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I dont think I've ever seen a sports game quick look that I didnt laugh my rear end off at

they're always really good, especially the busted rear end Madden games

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Fluffdaddy posted:

i am npot doing that

HolePisser1982 posted:

i dont know which one i watched but it was a pretty funny one i think madden 13

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

played through start fax 64 once or twice but never really got the love for it

i honestly thought you would love star fox aince its a arcade score attack game with alternate paths

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ArfJason posted:

i am npot doing that

i dont know which one i watched but it was a pretty funny one i think madden 13

the off license football game where every kickoff started playing P.O.D's 2002 classic, Boom.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

the off license football game where every kickoff started playing P.O.D's 2002 classic, Boom.

Jeff couldn't stop laughing.

Lol link please

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Lol link please

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-backbreaker/2300-2586/

it was a good ryan jeff look.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thank you!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i misremembered and it was ryan doing the laughing, though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think my favorite QL is still the vinny/Ryan/drew look at the Train Simulator 2013 Zombie DLC

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

trying to jack off posted:

i honestly thought you would love star fox aince its a arcade score attack game with alternate paths

it probably has everything to do with playing it in like 2006 way after it was as impressive to see ships flying all over and a squad chattering to you

i mean its fine it just didnt grab me like uhhh omega boost

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I think my favorite QL is still the vinny/Ryan/drew look at the Train Simulator 2013 Zombie DLC

mine is still Vinny and Jeff playing Motorbike

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Whatever that rider meet horse, horse meet rider Kinect game was

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
They had a hot dog cart come in during the panel and this post happened in real life.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

:siren: Tiered list of Bombers who can House a Meatball Sub the Fastest :siren:

1. Brad Shoemaker
  2. Ryan Davis
  3. Jeff Gerstmann
  4. Vinny Caravella

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

ArfJason posted:

it probably has everything to do with playing it in like 2006 way after it was as impressive to see ships flying all over and a squad chattering to you

i mean its fine it just didnt grab me like uhhh omega boost

I love Omega Boost but I'm very bad at it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
its so good game...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

vive rts games might be really cool but so far it seems people only have made tower defense for it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sharkopath posted:

vive rts games might be really cool but so far it seems people only have made tower defense for it

rts is dead be glad theyre not mobas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

rts is dead be glad theyre not mobas

Relics doing a new one, right now even!!