Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The talking apple
Oct 24, 2005

SimonChris posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUudCz02bb4

Here is all the music that plays at the Vortex Club party. Now you can throw your own Life is Strange theme party!

The playlist is missing the music that plays before you enter the Vortex club. Really added to the atmosphere of dread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDwmCfH4yX8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
Huh, the music video for Got Well Soon was posted on October 4th, 2013 - the day of the Vortex Club party where Kate was drugged... :tinfoil:

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

The talking apple posted:

The playlist is missing the music that plays before you enter the Vortex club. Really added to the atmosphere of dread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDwmCfH4yX8

Is that a real track or something they made for the game?

The talking apple
Oct 24, 2005

klen dool posted:

Is that a real track or something they made for the game?

OST although it could be remix of Breton - Got Well Soon since they do mesh together quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IIERc-XOqw

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I am so excited for the next part of the game but simultaneously so sad because I think this is the last time we see Justin blazed as hell again. I love that guy :2bong:

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
The Vortex Party always felt like week to me. The obvious and flagrant accepted-deviance of it (high school students openly drinking beer with no sign of judgement from authority figures) clashes. The game tries to convey a typical party that the player will understand while, at the same time, tries to convey immoral side that, hopefully, the player will also understand. I'm all for ambiguity and circumstances being layered with multiple meanings, but the game doesn't establish the "badness" of character actions outside of what happened to Kate marsh. The previous episodes, underage drinking and getting stone had always been accepted as the way the students of Blackwell function. Then, just because of a change of scenery, these actions are supposed to be illicit some sort of revulsion from the player.

I think it doesn't help that the outcast characters show up to the party. Characters like Alyssa show up and party, and then explain how terrible it is to party. It doesn't seem like much of a protest if the protesters do the same thing that the people against whom they are protesting do. Then again, teenagers are big into the irony thing.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Bring Chloe, Warren, and use the handicapped fund to hire the mystery Vault Hunter to dunk Nathan.

Hostile V posted:

An AU where Gortys is Alt!Chloe's medical assistant and her parents are drowning in debt to Atlas over it.

Krysmphoenix posted:

Dammit, I knew Nathan worked for Hyperion. Quick, we need to get up there and dunk Helios while we're at it.

This has got to be the weirdest fanfic.

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames
Holy poo poo Max can be loving savage when she wants to be. That was so jarring compared to the rest of the video.

I wonder what Chloe was doing this whole time? Glad to see she hasn't shot anybody yet, probably.

Warning Victoria is the objectively correct choice here and I'm glad it's winning by a landslide. I thought there was a fifth episode to this game? But it's the end of the world? :iiam:

Panzer, are you going to be doing any more alt-route videos once the LP is over? I do enjoy seeing what Nega-Max does and I've been wondering how the game changes if Kate dies, if Frank/Frank's dog dies, etc. (Though this is probably a ridiculous amount of work I'm still curious because this game/LP is incredible aaaaa)

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

KasaiAisu posted:

Panzer, are you going to be doing any more alt-route videos once the LP is over? I do enjoy seeing what Nega-Max does and I've been wondering how the game changes if Kate dies, if Frank/Frank's dog dies, etc. (Though this is probably a ridiculous amount of work I'm still curious because this game/LP is incredible aaaaa)

I'm glad you're enjoying it!! And honestly no, I probably won't be! A lot of things both large and small can change, and I feel like I'd rather leave some stuff to motivate people to get the game themselves to find. :)

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or do Max's eyes grow to positively anime sizes at the party?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Someone slipped her a molly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe not the best joke to make considering that's one of the plot points of the game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Waffleman_ posted:

Maybe not the best joke to make considering that's one of the plot points of the game.

I didn't realize there was a No Humor Zone in effect.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey, no spoilers!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Hey, no spoilers!

Did you know there was also time travel? Wouldn't want to spoil that either!

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

That... That's what your eyes do in poorly lit areas. And pin pricks in bright as hell areas. If Max had moved into a super bright area and her irises hadn't shrank, then there would be evidence she had gotten on the dosed train.

Or is this a :thejoke: thing?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Max's eyes being open wide is a metaphor for us, the players, whose view has been expanded greatly with the knowledge that Rachel is no longer with us

Max's grey hoodie is symbolism for the moral ambiguity of holding a party under such circumstances. teenagers need to wind down and relax yet at the same time it comes across as in poor taste of the recent events

Chloe becoming separated from us encourages us to attempt to look for her, much like she was looking for Rachel the entire time. it puts us in her shoes to experience her suffering

join me next time as I explore the true meaning behind Victoria's pants (it's communism and the plight of the every man)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Hey, no spoilers!

I meant in the fact that there was already a subplot about a date rape driving one of the characters to attempt suicide, not anything to do with Max.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

join me next time as I explore the true meaning behind Victoria's pants (it's communism and the plight of the every man)

Workers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your jeans! Eat a dick!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
A revolution without dick eating is not a revolution worth having.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Waffleman_ posted:

I meant in the fact that there was already a subplot about a date rape driving one of the characters to attempt suicide, not anything to do with Max.

Wow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I have no loving idea what I'm doing wrong, dude.

I take it all back then if you're gonna be like that.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Thread, dear thread, I love you and I know you're better than this. Please play nice, I was so proud of u

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
So when is Kate's Rabbit gonna crash this party and kick everyone in the teeth?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Waffleman_ posted:

I know, I was making a joke.

Panzer Skank posted:

Thread, dear thread, I love you and I know you're better than this. Please play nice, I was so proud of u

You expect things to hold together when we're at the end of the world!? Reality is coming apart at the seems, there's music blasting, and you expect us to play nice!?

*GlyphGryph kicks the sound system into the pool

Okay, yeah. That sounds good.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Well, the poll was so, so far ahead in favor of warning Victoria I went ahead and made a :siren: NEW VIDEO :siren:

:siren:To end Episode 4, we need to leave the party and find Nathan before he finds us.:siren:

p.s. thank you for the gold thread rating!!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
God. The ending to this chapter is such a god drat cliffhanger, but at least it's the kind of cliffhanger where you have an idea of what the poo poo is happening.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

"You suck, Victoria."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Let's not jump to conclusions here! Just because there may be some circumstantial evidence against him, we shouldn't start suspecting that poor guy. It's probably just one big misunderstanding and in a few days they'll all laugh about those silly shenanigans.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
well that's not good

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

*Dramatic zoom on the bullet necklace, showing 3 casings*

WE GET IT GAME

Noelor
Oct 5, 2009

Am I the only one who found it super weird that a teacher just showed up at a kids' party (where said kids were taking substances of varying legality) just to present an award?

Bobatron
May 12, 2007

let me tell you of a
place called Cylesborgia,
where robosexuals and
lesbians live together
in harmony :roboluv:

Noelor posted:

Am I the only one who found it super weird that a teacher just showed up at a kids' party (where said kids were taking substances of varying legality) just to present an award?

Was gonna say this but then watched the rest of the episode and it makes perfect sense.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Noelor posted:

Said party is also taking place on the campus, so it's somehow advocated by Blackwell. Presumably everyone in the Prescott pocket just turns a blind-eye towards Vortex Club parties.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
This twist. Oh man, this twist was gold the first time, it was gold when my friend was playing it and I was watching him via PS4 Share ("gently caress YOU NATHAN YOU SON OF A- .......What. The. gently caress!?!?"), and I suspect once more see this the reaction will be just as good.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Maybe it was just me, but this twist was hilariously obvious to me and honestly the weakest part of the game in my opinion.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Maybe it was just me, but this twist was hilariously obvious to me and honestly the weakest part of the game in my opinion.

I think this is completely based on who you are as a person and how much you notice in narratives. It's always a problem when writing a mystery to balance the clues and the twist appropriately, and I thought they did a pretty drat good job! My first time through I did not see it coming at all and it completely floored me, but it varies based on personal experience. v:v:v

Request for the thread at large: if you just watched that video and you didn't see the twist coming, please post your immediate thoughts in reaction to it in the thread (cause that's the best bit lmao)

Additionally, since it's been a hot minute, here's the stats for Episode 4!

I'm pretty surprised even 6% of people watch Chloe murder Frank and go yeah, this is fine, i'll just leave this as is

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
As soon as the syringe came out like in a loving Dexter episode, it was pretty drat obvious this couldn't be Nathan. Like come on. Nathan? Silently creeping up behind someone to give them a perfectly placed shot?
Speaking of shots, the excellent marksmanship just confirmed it had to be an adult.

I was kinda expecting Nathan's father, though, but neither that nor what we actually got makes much sense aside from meta reasoning (the worst reasoning) anyways.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Panzer Skank posted:

I'm pretty surprised even 6% of people watch Chloe murder Frank and go yeah, this is fine, i'll just leave this as is
It's probably people who've already played the game and are curious about what happens.

I kinda want to replay making all the worst possible decisions now. Be mean to Victoria, blame Chloe for the joint, derail the train, let Kate kill herself, get suspended from Blackwell, don't kiss Chloe, kill Pompidou and Frank. Leave a trail of destruction and broken hearts in Max's wake.

Also, I never saw the Jefferson twist coming, but then I never see any twist coming. I am the worst at solving mysteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

HenryEx posted:

As soon as the syringe came out like in a loving Dexter episode, it was pretty drat obvious this couldn't be Nathan. Like come on. Nathan? Silently creeping up behind someone to give them a perfectly placed shot?
Speaking of shots, the excellent marksmanship just confirmed it had to be an adult.

I was kinda expecting Nathan's father, though, but neither that nor what we actually got makes much sense aside from meta reasoning (the worst reasoning) anyways.

Nathan's father would be a pretty bad twist, as he has not been an active character in really any part of the story. Like that's honestly the biggest problem with it all for me. Nathan's father is not really present, so it couldn't be him, and it's way too organized an effort to be Nathan. Also there is exactly one professional photographer in the entire game.

e: Like I guessed who it was in episode one, but if you got to the bunker and didn't figure it out then I would be honestly surprised.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 22, 2016

• Locked thread