Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
gently caress I'm an idiot. I accidentally purchased the 3DS payed DLC rather than the 3DS/Wii U one, and it won't let me purchase the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

MustelaFuro posted:

gently caress I'm an idiot. I accidentally purchased the 3DS payed DLC rather than the 3DS/Wii U one, and it won't let me purchase the other.

Call Nintendo support; they may be able to do something for you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well I've been enjoying this game so far. I've since found out that the AI controlled Allies are good for nothing except moving from Point A to Point B, which is a pity. I've still got pretty much everyone to unlock but I'd love to get Epona, from it seems you're constantly moving and moving fast, which seems like a really great way to get things done (perhaps not capturing keeps though).

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

When the heck do I get the higher tier weapons for Linkle I want her to murder harder. I'm almost done with the first adventure map and I've gone through legends.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well I've been enjoying this game so far. I've since found out that the AI controlled Allies are good for nothing except moving from Point A to Point B, which is a pity. I've still got pretty much everyone to unlock but I'd love to get Epona, from it seems you're constantly moving and moving fast, which seems like a really great way to get things done (perhaps not capturing keeps though).

I mean yeah thats all they're basically good for but you can make use of that. I send one to the "commander" (the person who if they die will lose you the map) and if there's another I send them to allied base.

That way if either of those things is in trouble I can swap over to the person guarding that thing and stand in the blue healing circles or use the fairy skill that restores keeps.

The player character is the only competent person on the map anyways.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bakalakadaka posted:

When the heck do I get the higher tier weapons for Linkle I want her to murder harder. I'm almost done with the first adventure map and I've gone through legends.

You missed it in Legends mode. If memory serves, you get it in the level on Death Mountain, it's in a chest in a keep. The level 3 one is in the Master Quest adventure map.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Bakalakadaka posted:

Oh man I just got the Level 4 crossbow for her and now I'm just runnin' around Hyrule goin YOOT YOOT YOOT and everyone's screaming and dying in fire.

A good game.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

mabels big day posted:

You missed it in Legends mode. If memory serves, you get it in the level on Death Mountain, it's in a chest in a keep. The level 3 one is in the Master Quest adventure map.

Man gently caress is that how all the level 2 weapons show up and I've been scrubbing it with all but like 5 characters using garbage poo poo?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bakalakadaka posted:

Man gently caress is that how all the level 2 weapons show up and I've been scrubbing it with all but like 5 characters using garbage poo poo?

The vast majority of characters get their level 2 weapons on the Wind Waker Adventure Map you unlock after finishing the first. A handful (basically Link, Sheik, Zelda, Impa and Linkle IIRC?) get some of them as unlocks in Legend mode.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 19, 2016

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

King Daphne also.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

And Lana because I have her level 2 book. I guess I only missed Linkle and King HEH for level 2 weapons then.

Where's my platinum Linkle game Nintendo? Where is it?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Warriors who get their Lv. 2 weapons in Legend Mode (and which type):

Link (Hylian Sword)
Impa (Giant Blade)
Sheik (Goddess Harp)
Lana (Book of Sorcery)
Zelda (Rapier)
Linkle (Crossbow)
Tetra (Cutlass)
King Daphnes (Sail)

I think that's all of them. The rest are found on the Great Sea Map.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Also while on the subject of Linkle, are there any particularly good places to get skull kid and twili midna materials for her upgrades?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Bakalakadaka posted:

Also while on the subject of Linkle, are there any particularly good places to get skull kid and twili midna materials for her upgrades?

Pretty much the only option is to play the missions featuring Skull Kid or Twili Midna or work on the Great Sea Map, since that map makes heavy use of the new content.

Incidentally, Twili Midna does show up for a couple missions on the Twilight Map, like she did on the Wii U version. Termina Map meanwhile includes Skull Kid in some of the missions now.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Do we know if any of the new DLC maps will be extra materials or extra weapons like Twilight and Termina are, respectively?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

No, though I'd wager that some of them will be.

What I do think is gonna happen is that the new Adventure Maps will be more like the Wii U Original Adventure Map/Wii U Master Quest Map. Or, to put it in other words, the missions of the DLC maps will range from being easy beginner missions that low-level warriors can clear to endgame expert missions that are more suited for high-level warriors with gold badges and Lv. 3/Lv. 4 weapons.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Are the 8-bit weapons in the adventure maps on the 3DS game? I haven't beaten the Master Quest map yet, but I was wondering.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Are the 8-bit weapons in the adventure maps on the 3DS game? I haven't beaten the Master Quest map yet, but I was wondering.

Nope. No 8-bit weapons. As a consequence, a couple of the old 8-bit wepon missions are now Lv. 3 or Lv. 4 weapon missions (like Ganondorf's old 8-Bit Magical Keys mission on the Twilight Map is now where you can get his Swords of Demise + weapons).

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Really? That's a bummer.

Are there any other skins / costumes from the Wii U version that didn't make it into Legends?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Dunban posted:

Really? That's a bummer.

Are there any other skins / costumes from the Wii U version that didn't make it into Legends?

Not to my knowledge. The OoT, TP, and Skyward Sword costumes are found on the Termina, Twilight, and Original Adventure Maps, the previous Reward Map costumes are found on the Original Adventure Map, the Guardian of Time costumes for Lana and Cia are found on the Master Quest Map, the Postman and Ilia costumes for Link and Zelda are found on the Twilight Map, and the OoT and Skull Kid costumes for Impa, Sheik, and Lana respectively, are found on the Termina Map. The Dark Link costume and the Boss Pack recolors are now A Rank rewards for the Reward Maps (in particular, True Partners has the Dark Link costume, and the new Reward Map, Scattered Seeds, pack Lana's King Dodongo colors.)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Nope. No 8-bit weapons. As a consequence, a couple of the old 8-bit wepon missions are now Lv. 3 or Lv. 4 weapon missions (like Ganondorf's old 8-Bit Magical Keys mission on the Twilight Map is now where you can get his Swords of Demise + weapons).

Wait... level 4???

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Wait... level 4???

Yes. Legends introduce upgraded versions of the Lv. 3 weapons as Lv. 4 weapons, and they are spread around the Twilight and Termina Maps.

The Hylian Sword, Magic Rod, Gauntlets, Spinner, Giant Blade, Book of Sorcery, Spear, Rapier, Great Swords, Shackle, Parasol, Scimitar, Balloon, Light Sword, Cutlass, and Sail weapons are found on the Twilight Map. The rest are somewhere on the Termina Map.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Not to my knowledge. The OoT, TP, and Skyward Sword costumes are found on the Termina, Twilight, and Original Adventure Maps, the previous Reward Map costumes are found on the Original Adventure Map, the Guardian of Time costumes for Lana and Cia are found on the Master Quest Map, the Postman and Ilia costumes for Link and Zelda are found on the Twilight Map, and the OoT and Skull Kid costumes for Impa, Sheik, and Lana respectively, are found on the Termina Map. The Dark Link costume and the Boss Pack recolors are now A Rank rewards for the Reward Maps (in particular, True Partners has the Dark Link costume, and the new Reward Map, Scattered Seeds, pack Lana's King Dodongo colors.)

Classic Link is a preorder bonus or something in Japan and unavailable anywhere else.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Hooray I finally got Linkle's level 2 weapon (it was in the battle where you fight Ghirahim and 9000 baby imprisoned). Now everything gonna be murdered so hard. DEDEDEDIIIIIING

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Keiya posted:

Classic Link is a preorder bonus or something in Japan and unavailable anywhere else.

Sounds like we might get it as DLC then, like how the OoT, TP, and SS costumes were preorders before being put up on the eShop.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
The Lv. 4 weapons are just Lv. 3+ right? As in, they don't have new names or models?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Carlioo posted:

The Lv. 4 weapons are just Lv. 3+ right? As in, they don't have new names or models?

That's right. They're just the Lv. 3 weapon with a + attached to the name.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Is there a comprehensive adventure mode guide anywhere yet? I can't find one.

Btw, is anyone else having trouble with locking onto enemies unless they are directly in front of you?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Summoning Gate Lana is weird but holy poo poo the victory animation is amazing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

MustelaFuro posted:

Is there a comprehensive adventure mode guide anywhere yet? I can't find one.

I actually bought one at Wal-Mart of all places last week. It was 15 bucks but it has a lot of information I can't seem to find online, such as telling you exactly how much damage is required for an A-rank in each stage (so you don't have to just assume it's 4,000). I haven't looked into it too deeply though as I'm distracted by Bravely Second.

quote:

Btw, is anyone else having trouble with locking onto enemies unless they are directly in front of you?

The lock-on system seems to give priority to what it deems more dangerous enemies, so if you're near a Lizalfos but there's also a King Dodongo close by, it'll lock on to King Dodongo even if the Lizalfos is closer.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Counterpoint: I've had it lock onto a Darknut instead of Lana. They were both right next to each other, close to center stage.

My lock-on advice is to just accept that it's not at all good, and work with it as best you can instead of fighting it. I've had the thing shift lock to the right when I pressed the C-nub left to look at a different officer. In my experience, it's just bad.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I found an interactive map of the original game's adventure mode on Reddit. It has what you need to use for each map, and the Damage limit, which are the important parts.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Mind linking it?

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
Is there a way to tell how difficult a map is before starting? Some maps are super fun button mashers where you feel like you're really powerful, then others I'm bashing away at outpost leaders for ages before they go down.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Dizz posted:

Mind linking it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2prn1v/i_went_crazy_and_made_an_interactive_map_for/

The overworld items don't seem to have been changed, though there's quite a few ones where they've added more than one interaction on the world map so it's not 100% accurate anymore.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Yo Kite, I have officially A-ranked every mission in Cuccoo's Fury. The reward is absolutely nothing. If you don't feel like grinding it, don't.

For reference, my Ganon is level 115. My Cuccoo is level 118.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jeeze

I guess that's a load off at least. Kinda wish the cucco's fury mode had had a bit more effort put into it. Thanks either way tho, and keep on truckin friend Oyster! :)

cool_boy_mew
Apr 27, 2008

King Dedede Drooling While Eating
Ganon level 115? Ouch. I've been having a hard time to beat or A ranking the Lv3 stages with Ganon, he's about level 60 and I just get wrecked at some point

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

cool_boy_mew posted:

Ganon level 115? Ouch. I've been having a hard time to beat or A ranking the Lv3 stages with Ganon, he's about level 60 and I just get wrecked at some point

Most of my levels in both modes came from Survival Level 3. With Ganon, no less than 3 times did a giant boss clip through the geometry of the level and I couldn't continue, and one time Ganon himself clipped through and I couldn't get back in. I probably died between 7 and 10 times before I beat it. Then i beat Survival Level 4 first try.

With Cuccoo I ended up beating Giant Boss Level 3 once, but couldn't A-rank it so I did the Survivals first. Went about the same as Ganon's, but when I went back to Giant Boss it still took a few tries since Cuccoo doesn't have as easy of an infinite combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
Finally gave in and bought Legends last week, and it's been a fun revisit. Liking the tweaks, the slightly new missions and goals placed here and there, the character-switching, the retcon of Cia's death, and the monster that is Linkle.

Not sure how I feel about having four Adventure maps to get through before DLC even comes in, which honestly seems like overkill :sweatdrop: We're getting the same weapon upgrades as before, except they're a lot more spread out, and there's only so much gaming I can do!

Still, it's pretty fun. The tweaks have made things easier to get through, for the most part, though now that I'm in the Master Quest, I'm finding the old 4000 damage limit wall starting to come up more often. Unfortunately, unlocking Link's Magic Sword is one of those "lol, get hit twice and you'll have to restart!" stages. Maybe it's time to find more Skulltulas and unlock the "permanent Arrow upgrade" potion. Yeah, I remember that. Do I want to go through it again? I don't know, but I probably will. I don't think I've even seen a stage with a 10000-limit cap yet. Surely they exist, though, right?

As for the Skulltula collecting, I'm liking the new Legend missions for Skulltula #2, for the most part. That "kill The Imprisoned in under 10 minutes" one, though. I get to him with 2 minutes left, think to myself, "this MIGHT be doable", then I hit him with a weak-point attack and... take off about 9% of his HP. :v: Is grinding levels and coming back the only option there, or am I missing something?

• Locked thread