Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

you talking about the butcher knife or the actual cleaver?

butcher knife i meant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
well I guess I can try it again

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Someone sell me a weapon most like the saw cleaver from bloodborne

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm doing a STR/DEX build with carry weight increases here and there. ran most of the game with lothric armor and fire broadsword. 48 deaths so far

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ij ust got the black knight greatsword nd im liking it a lot, its got a really diverse moveset nd it does a shitload of damage. the charged r2 was doing a full thousnd to the pontiff on hit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

btw i started a dex/int char. its really cool playing through the game again excited for totally different kinds of loot

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

butcher knife 100%

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm still at crystal sage

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

ij ust got the black knight greatsword nd im liking it a lot, its got a really diverse moveset nd it does a shitload of damage. the charged r2 was doing a full thousnd to the pontiff on hit

where does that drop, or where is the eastest place to farm? I loved it in DS1

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

where does that drop, or where is the eastest place to farm? I loved it in DS1

black knights respawn in this game so have fun lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

black knights respawn in this game so have fun lol

like what zone has the easiest one close to bonfire

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well theres the farron keep bonfire that's close to one and the crystal lizard, the only other BKs really are at demon ruins, theres an axe and a greatsword variant here and the axe one is guarding the blackknight longsword, and untended graves

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

2h falchion. or duel claw L1 combo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

That's the best Souls boss fight ever as far as I'm
concerned. Good God. Those doubled sword beams are terrifying
i was looking at your tier list and nodding and thinking "this guy's gonna put the potniff under godlike" and I was right.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

ig ot mine from smouldering lake, theres one close to the demon ruins bonfire on thew ay up to the ballista. theres some enemies on the w ay but you can just run past thm

Soral
May 30, 2009

hey you guys im pretty sure the giant worm miniboss in smouldering lake is solaire's sunlight maggot. and mostly im surprised that they came down on one side or the other as being ""canon"" in one of those binary choices from ds1

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i was looking at your tier list and nodding and thinking "this guy's gonna put the potniff under godlike" and I was right.

It might even be in an as yet unnamed tier above god tier.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i Care about Lore

Soral
May 30, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

late game optional zone untended graves has like 5 of them just wandering very near to a bonfire, probably tied for shortest run to one with the farron keep perimiter bonfire, and 100% without a doubt has the highest volume of knights in the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Soral posted:

hey you guys im pretty sure the giant worm miniboss in smouldering lake is solaire's sunlight maggot. and mostly im surprised that they came down on one side or the other as being ""canon"" in one of those binary choices from ds1

why

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

this is pretty awesome lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Soral posted:

i Care about Lore

A.D.I.D.A.L.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think they messed with its AI in a patch or something because it used to do the tunneling, beam, tunneling, beam, switching between the two and you were p. much just watching it go through these super long animation cycles over and over. now it just does the beam over and over and lets you kill it with ease lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It kinda makes sense since it's found in the equivalent of Lost Izalith and it shoots lightning

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

probably the most disappointing fight in the game IMO. i mean it looks awesome but i thought "how is dark souls combat going to even work with something like that" and lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I didn't even fight it I just ran past it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

starting a new char and struggling with everything again because you dont have a giant healthbar to hide behind ftw

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i can't wait to own some noobs on pvp with my hollow+10 uchi & make them bleed the gently caress to death :twisted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fungah! posted:

butcher knife 100%

yeah and with the HP regain on hit from the weapon art you are basically playing Bloodborne. it's really significant and way better than the ring with a similar effect

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

probably the most disappointing fight in the game IMO. i mean it looks awesome but i thought "how is dark souls combat going to even work with something like that" and lol

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to let the ballista kill it or at least that's how I did it sort of by accident.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

It kinda makes sense since it's found in the equivalent of Lost Izalith and it shoots lightning

Smouldering Lake literally is Izalith. It's just that everyone is dead and those retarded guys from Farron moved in.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Benny D posted:

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to let the ballista kill it or at least that's how I did it sort of by accident.

It cannot deal with you going behind it, it just won't turn around lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

It cannot deal with you going behind it, it just won't turn around lol

it does the tunnelling move which can hit u anywhere though. i guess u could plink away at it with arrows though if youre that way inclined

Soral
May 30, 2009

theres a spot you can stand where the enemy can't hurt you and also the ballista will hurt it and be unable to hit you

Soral
May 30, 2009

im mobile posting and dont know how to use spoilers in this app so i hope everyone is OK knowing there is an enemy ballista in this game

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Type spoiler in brackets. For future use

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think an item description says carthus ppl drove it underground with lightning where it ate weird stuff and got swole. Maybe thoufh

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I hope none of you are neglecting your workouts.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

The dancer is going to make me cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The dancer is gonna make me chum

• Locked thread