Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I haven't written ours yet, but I'm borrowing ideas from the Tactical Strike rules at adepticon:
http://adepticon.org/wpfiles/2015/HorusHeresyTacticalStrike.pdf

They disallow models with a toughness higher than 5 and more than 3 wounds. I don't think there's any automata that fit that criteria, so the cortex controller rules will never come in to play.

I actually like that rule a lot. Anything with more than 3 wounds is normally not even fun to play against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Stanyer89 posted:

I actually like that rule a lot. Anything with more than 3 wounds is normally not even fun to play against.

Same but hull points.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

muggins posted:

Has anyone heard if the new Space Marine psychic powers are intended to be used with HH yet?

Unless they FAQ it, you have go from the specific list in the red book (everything except daemon summoning, basically)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just bought some headhunters. cant wait to make an army of all headhunters and seekers for maximum tacticool action

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
What'd be the best application of Perturabo beyond a £70 paperweight? He's striking me as a tank-popper right now.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

SteelMentor posted:

What'd be the best application of Perturabo beyond a £70 paperweight?

Directly to the forehead.

In melee hes really good in a 1v1 situation entirely because of concussive and blind making someone I1, and then Ws1, He probably has the best shooting of the current primarchs with the wrist cannon and the bombardment. Take advantage of that sweet sweet T1 reserves.
Other than that I just use him as a bullet magnet shoved directly at the enemy, which is the one thing the iron circle do really really well, make sure he never dies.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
The bombardment he has is really insano. I've seen him with a bunch of terminators just march the enemy to death

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Hobby progress! I've been trying to put in at least an hour a night working on my World Eaters.

Assembly:

- 1 Legion Praetor w/ Jump Pack, Excoriator Chainaxe

- 10 Legion Veterans w/ 2x Melta-Guns, 1 Combi-Melta, Power Fist, Etc
- 9 Legion Veterans w/ 2x Plasma-Guns, haven't finished the Sarge yet...
For the vets I used studded shoulders on the right and the world eaters upgrade shoulder on the left. They've got world eaters heads and torsos. Turned out pretty good.

- 5 Red Butchers
- 1 Land Raider
Slight customizations to the land raider. I used the 40k model, since I like it enough that I didn't feel like spending extra for a MKIIB.

- Deimos Rhino
My only hobby mishap, I misaligned the left tread a bit (barely noticable) and also misaligned a bit of the hull. I didn't notice the misalignment until the glue had set. It's slight, but annoys me, so I'll have to come up with something to cover it up. I have 2 other deimos rhino kits, so I may assemble those and use the best 2 for this army and save the slightly misaligned one for some other use.

- Xiphon Interceptor
This thing went together really fast and very easy. Nearly everything fit flush without too much need for trimming or adjustment.

I have 1 vet sarge, 8 rampagers, and another rhino left. I made a test rampager but wasn't happy with him. I may need to order some knock-off chinese excoriator axes to make them look good.

All of the marines are off bases and have weapons on the side so I can paint them more easily. I need to get some wire so I can pin them to their bases. This makes fitting the poses a bit easier.

Once this is done I'll take my excess test marines and try out paint schemes. I'd like to learn to use the air brush enough to get the basic whites on things. I need to do some research on paint schemes and weathering techniques.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 22, 2016

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Nice one mate. I'm waiting until payday to secure a second Kheres assault cannon and the Legion crusade army list in advance of this tournament. Then it's just get a few dreadnought bases and go from there.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Space doggies upgrades are out.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
Tell me about playing Daemons in 30k. (Hi, Hencoe.) I've got too many projects to really get a proper Legion army together and ready in time for an upcoming league, and I happen to have Daemons for days. The big things I gather are going to be -
- Volkite is going to be superb against me, instead of really good.
- The psychic phase will almost always be uncontested. This is good, because I worship BIRD DAD, LORD OF WIZARDS.
- I'm likely going to have to punch a lot of tanks at some points.
- There will be a lot of bolters aimed in my direction. Bolters for days, even.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

MY BODY IS READY.

Von Humboldt posted:

Tell me about playing Daemons in 30k. (Hi, Hencoe.) I've got too many projects to really get a proper Legion army together and ready in time for an upcoming league, and I happen to have Daemons for days. The big things I gather are going to be -
- Volkite is going to be superb against me, instead of really good.
- The psychic phase will almost always be uncontested. This is good, because I worship BIRD DAD, LORD OF WIZARDS.
- I'm likely going to have to punch a lot of tanks at some points.
- There will be a lot of bolters aimed in my direction. Bolters for days, even.

Also be prepared for a lot of power armored FnP.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Hencoe posted:

Also be prepared for a lot of power armored FnP.
I am 100% prepared to give people stupid high FnP rolls through the incautious use of Flickering Fire.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Hencoe posted:

MY BODY IS READY.

Oh man, that looks sexy as hell painted up.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Mango Polo posted:

Space doggies upgrades are out.

Looks great. I understand the decision not to make the heads, as there are already SW heads out. That or they might still be working on them.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Big shout out to Mango Polo for sending his spare red book to jolly old England. Top 'ham.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hencoe posted:

MY BODY IS READY.

Call em the Pauldron Patrol, with Pauldronabo.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lord Twisted posted:

Big shout out to Mango Polo for sending his spare red book to jolly old England. Top 'ham.

Do us all proud and forge a narrative. Or use the book to beat the hell out of someone for a different take on "forging".

Also, I guess the red books are coming in digital format? Starting with the Taghmata.

That's... actually a great move, at along last. If there's one book that absolutely needs shortcuts and "tap to explain" functions, it's the mechanicum with all of their bizarre poo poo.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

DeadGame that guy owns. Really glad to have a World Eater in our extended group.

I think we have a grand total of 2 loyalist players in the Washington area. Everyone else plays the cool legions.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Wierd. In denmark we have more loyalist players. Everyone wants to be the good guys.

On another note, what do you guys prefer when it comes to point sizes in strike forces? Im thinking 350+200 point leaders, min 2.

Im also thinking of doibg away with the cortex controller rule for our mech players. Thoughts?

Meanwhile in jolly cold FInland, I play loyalist Death Guard, one of my friends wants to play loyalist Emperor's Children, another plays Iron Hands, a third Blood Angles and Space Wolves, and this one Ultramarines player who is rarely around wants to start loyalist Iron Warriors for 30K. Guess we'll rope in Ork and Eldar players to reenact the Great Crusade with.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The red books are such great quality though- silver edges, that page marker thing, index pages that haven't been proofread. The digital copy will probably cost just as much and you can't resell it. On the other hand if you have the physical copy you can :filez: guilt free

Hencoe posted:

MY BODY IS READY.

Pauldron Patrol owns. If they ever release a Warsmith I hope their pauldraons are triple layered. How would you make them usable though, besides a 100 point reduction and giving them an actual mauler cannon?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Pauldron Patrol owns. If they ever release a Warsmith I hope their pauldraons are triple layered. How would you make them usable though, besides a 100 point reduction and giving them an actual mauler cannon?

A third attack, fleet while under a cortex controller, and making the Olympia cannon ap3. 205 points is just so god drat expensive.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
A domnitar costs 30 points less and is objectively better and is itself a lackluster choice compared to the castellax. My favorite part are the rules for being Big P's bodyguyard. You get to choose +1 WS, +1 I, FNP6, or +1LD. Even if they they got all those perks for free nobody would ever use them.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
in a world of dumb niche things to be competitive about, in a hobby that's particularly ridiculous to do so, warhammer thirty-thousand: the horus heresy is still particularly laughable

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

It's boring when the stuff that looks really cool is no good.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

What are peoples thought on the atrapos? It seems abit too random in that it has the opportunity to just remove models with the vortex rules.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

What are peoples thought on the atrapos? It seems abit too random in that it has the opportunity to just remove models with the vortex rules.

It's a really solid knight, the vortex is just a bonus on top of all it does, plus the ionic flare shield. If you want to take a knight LoW that can murder any hard target that's your boy.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

It's going in as a backup to my mech in 3k point battles. I'm abit light on popping hard targets in that list, so it sounds perfect.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Did the other half of Calth in Imperial Fists 1st company/Black Templars for the commission. No awesome pics this time, but I figured I'd post the results.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

In the interest of less iron warrior bitchposting my last couple games have been with this.

I gotta say I REALLY like the cortus pattern contemptors, the overcharge is downright amazing.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Man. Making a cybernetica list is hard as gently caress. I want robots, but I also want scoring units. How many do I need at 3k points?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, cybernetica got nerfed the hardest. At 3K I'd probably take 3-4. I find scoring units less useful since its so easy to deny. Two squads of mind wiped thralls and two units of thallax should be pretty cheap and plays well with the rest of your list. That leaves you with your 2 mandatory units of castellax.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Currently, im rocking a min unit of thallax, 5 thallax with destructor and a photon thruster, and a full unit of thralls.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You should go full 6 so you get the benefits of a second special weapon. Thallax are all about their special weapon.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Would love to, but points.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Played some ghetto ZM with a friend's models, while I wait for my stuff to be shipped to my new place in Spain. My (borrowed) 500 points of defending SoH Veterans and Terminators led by a Delegatus vs pure Cataphractii Blood Angels on the attack along with a flamer Moritat.

Highlight #1: His Moritat used the phase walker relic to zap up to my delegatus and his terminators... and promptly stalled after killing one terminator. The terminators then effortlessly mulched him.

Highlight #2: The Delegatus split off from his posse, which I hoped to use as a speed bump, but the blood angels caught up to him anyway and hosed him up. No reward for cowardice.

Lesson learned, battles in ZM are vicious. Hell, positioning itself is vicious. Also I need to double check how the BA blade of perdition works, because it's only supposed to inflict multiple wounds on a single model, not onto a whole unit, correct?

Also, ZM might be one place where toys are better than more boys.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

What the hell are those shoulderpads?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Cardboard. The guy is really into scratch building stuff.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

koreban posted:

Did the other half of Calth in Imperial Fists 1st company/Black Templars for the commission. No awesome pics this time, but I figured I'd post the results.

Koreban you're painting is miles ahead of your 40k stuff you used to paint back in the day. Looks good man

panascope posted:

What the hell are those shoulderpads?

You got something against big shoulder pads? Get the gently caress out of here loser

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

So here's a good general question to all the 30k players.
What sort of a special unit would you like to see for your legion? I know for my iron warriors a neat siege gun would be awesome, then they could actually field more artillery than what everyone else can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
A reverse hellhound that harvests the tears of iron warriors players.