Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

het posted:

Hahaha James is back on this week's half hour of power

Thank god! I love how it clearly bugs Tom but he tries to act like it doesn't. We just need to get Spike back.

Edit: I also like how after the original ban on regular callers a couple years ago, they just seemed to have mostly stopped calling on their own with an exception or two. Most of them were not really very interesting.

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

My take on Spike is that he's never going to call in regularly again, because he was never really a fan of the show, just a fan of hearing his own voice coming out of the radio.

Also this call was recently brought to my attention and I think it's a must-listen. Maybe it's 'cause I'm a latecomer to the show but this version of Tom caught me totally off guard.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

WrathOfBlade posted:

Also this call was recently brought to my attention and I think it's a must-listen. Maybe it's 'cause I'm a latecomer to the show but this version of Tom caught me totally off guard.

Trying to talk over him has always been the absolutely best way to get on Tom's nerves.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
This week I pulled a Tom on a telemarketer at work and it felt really good :

"I was talking to your coworker and we got disconnected, so I was wondering if I could talk to you instead."

"Wait, what happened before?"

"I said I got disconne-"

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This week had my favorite Fred from Honolulu call ever. Solid episode.

James Dente
Nov 29, 2003
Awful Things Ate My Head

WrathOfBlade posted:

I listened to this again and fifteen minutes after the Captain Jack call a caller speaks to Tom about "Obama, his first name is Barack, I believe" who's just been elected for the first time and it really brought home the passing of time and Tom's schtick about "doing this since Clinton was in power".

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Garry Shandling has died. It'll be interesting to see how Tom is going to talk about this on next week's show.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Planet Toilet: Population 0 :smith:

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The Garry Shandling grudge was always hilarious to me because all it stemmed from was him being kind of rude to Tom on Twitter but it was fuel for multiple rants.

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
Yeah my memory is kind of hazy but wasn't it pretty much Garry misunderstanding Tom/not understanding Twitter?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Tom asked whether Shandling thought Artie (the producer on the show) thought Larry Sanders was funny. It's a dumb fan question, the kind everyone on TV with a Twitter account probably gets asked a bunch.

I can't find the original response anymore but it sounds like Shandling thought Tom was making fun of him or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-wcBX8-9JA

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 27, 2016

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

This computer voice guy is equal parts amazing and excruciating.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dr.Radical posted:

The Garry Shandling grudge was always hilarious to me because all it stemmed from was him being kind of rude to Tom on Twitter but it was fuel for multiple rants.

He was a dick to him. Gary Shandling was a dick

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Weembles posted:

This computer voice guy is equal parts amazing and excruciating.
I was so disappointed that it didn't end in "You just got James'd"

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

He was a dick to him. Gary Shandling was a dick

Don't speak ill of the dead.

Does anyone else have the weird feeling that the first caller who had a son in Richmond, Virginia was Zach from Mithamine's mom?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Tom and Jo(h)n Daly were on the Comedy Bang Bang that came out today.

Highlights include Tom swearing and Jon improvising a new "look it up Scotty" song.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

het posted:

I was so disappointed that it didn't end in "You just got James'd"

I was actually expecting E-Cigarettes for legs.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Weembles posted:

Tom and Jo(h)n Daly were on the Comedy Bang Bang that came out today.

Highlights include Tom swearing and Jon improvising a new "look it up Scotty" song.

At the end they mention that they weren't recording it in the normal location. Possibly so they wouldn't run into Paul F. Tompkins? :tinfoil:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This "try to make Tom complain and if he does he has to donate money to an animal shelter and also give money to the crew" game is fantastic. They should do it again.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I like how a lot of the first half is esoteric discussions about "well, what is a complaint anyway?" and then someone asks him about Phil Jackson and he just goes WELP I GUESS I'M OUT 20 BUCKS

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Tom trying to navigate his way through a call with Wally Wackiman sans-negativity was amazing.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

see you think you're being funny with this

you douche

but you're not

GOMP

was that a complaint?

how?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

This whole thing is amazing. I want him to do a 3-hour version of it but that seems like it would be a spectacularly bad financial decision.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I love that he got mad enough to call someone a dick. But my absolute favorite part was how Tom says "Okay, just these last 3 people already on the line and then we're done" and the last 2 of them wind up being Wally Wackiman and Vacation Jason back to back.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

This whole thing is amazing. I want him to do a 3-hour version of it but that seems like it would be a spectacularly bad financial decision.

I'd be more worried about the stroke Tom would inevitably have trying to keep that up for three hours.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Berzerker posted:

I love that he got mad enough to call someone a dick. But my absolute favorite part was how Tom says "Okay, just these last 3 people already on the line and then we're done" and the last 2 of them wind up being Wally Wackiman and Vacation Jason back to back.

Unsung hero of the whole hour is absolutely AP Mike, for, I'm almost certain, orchestrating the timing of that.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Tom posted:

BEST SHOW TOP 50 DUOS LIST!
1 Scharpling & Wurster
2 Peyton Manning & Papa John
3 The Pet Shop Boys
4 AP Mike & A Can Of Coors Light
5 The Sonic Guys
6 Power Man & Iron Fist
7 Royal Trux (Neil Hagerty and Jennifer Herrema)
8 Bob Odenkirk & David Cross
9 The Coen Brothers
10 Tina Fey & Amy Poehler
11 Sparks (Ron and Russell Mael)
12 Peter Cook & Dudley Moore
13 The Frogs (Dennis & Jimmy Flemion)
14 Julie Klausner & Billy Eichner
15 Outkast (Big Boi & Andre 3000)
16 Sheriff Andy Taylor & Deputy Barney Fife
17 Violent J & Shaggy 2 Dope (Insane Clown Posse)
18 Tim & Eric
19 Bob and Ray
20 Edina and Patsy (Ab Fab)
21 Key & Peele
22 Gary the Squirrel & Vance the Puppet
23 Robert Fripp & Brian Eno
24 The White Stripes
25 Animated Woman and the Opiod from the Movantik commercial
26 Muttley & Dick Dastardly
27 The Wachowskis (Lana & Lilly)
28 Sex Dwarf & The Dumb Chauffeur from Soft Cell’s “Sex Dwarf”
29 Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash
30 Clifford & Steffen The Dinosaur
31 Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp
32 George St. Geegland & Gil Faizon
33 Eric Andre & Hannibal Buress
34 Zack Woliner & Wally Wackiman
35 Michael Jackson & Bubbles
36 Rocky & Adonis Creed
37 Abbi & Ilana (Broad City)
38 The Mighty Boosh
39 Suicide (Alan Vega & Martin Rev)
40 Klaus Kinski and Werner Herzog
41 Sherlock Holmes & Watson
42 ERIC B & RAKIM
43 Bob & Doug McKenzie
44 The Bash Brothers (Canseco & McGuire)
45 Koko The Gorilla & The Kitten
46 Kathie Lee & Hoda Kotb
47 The Tragedy and Comedy Masks
48 Mike Nichols & Elaine May
49 Ritchie Finestra & Cocaine
50 Sean Clements & Hayes Davenport

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Woah. This is one of the best episodes I have heard. This proves to me how feel-good shows like those in No Dude November were just snooze-fests. Tom needs to get mad, it's a necessity for the show.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

This was the first Best Show I've listened to in a few months and it was fantastic. It reminded me of one of his last shows on WFMU where he wished death on a bad caller. Angry Tom is the Best Tom.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is this last weeks ep you guys are taking about? I'm way behind.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

NESguerilla posted:

Is this last weeks ep you guys are taking about? I'm way behind.

Yeah. Tom declared that he would not complain for an hour or face a financial penalty, essentially inviting people to call in and troll the poo poo out of him with subjects he can't stand. It was amazing.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Dr.Radical posted:

Woah. This is one of the best episodes I have heard. This proves to me how feel-good shows like those in No Dude November were just snooze-fests. Tom needs to get mad, it's a necessity for the show.

mad tom is good

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

I was legitimately wiping away tears I was laughing so hard at that hour. "Mark Ruffalo crossed with Bruce Vilanch" was so unbelievably cruel.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I was legitimately wiping away tears I was laughing so hard at that hour. "Mark Ruffalo crossed with Bruce Vilanch" was so unbelievably cruel.

That was brutal. Tom often talks about how there is no flattering way to say that "you look like____" even if it is supposed to be a compliment. I thought the entire hour would take off a year of his life, that was harsh.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Transistor Rhythm posted:

lol

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
"Manhattan" + Bawitdaba: https://vimeo.com/164565672

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

It's so beautiful.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That NYC cab driver's explanation for why he and his fellow cabbies drive horribly makes me feel justified in never taking a cab unless I'm drunk enough to fall asleep on the subway.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

That NYC cab driver's explanation for why he and his fellow cabbies drive horribly makes me feel justified in never taking a cab unless I'm drunk enough to fall asleep on the subway.

That guy was the worst. (I hope he keeps calling)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
This thread should pool some money together and buy the naming rights to the best show.