Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But rapists have been waiting for years to put on a dress and legally rape someone in the rape room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/723631273185558528

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Unisex bathrooms need to happen like, yesterday. The only women I know who might care about peeing next to a man are the over 50's (or the almost 50's like my mum) and they don't matter. Not for long.

Do men care? I dunno.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

But rapists have been waiting for years to put on a dress and legally rape someone in the rape room.

Rapists discovered this one weird trick! Click here to discover their SECRET!!!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Posted by a very close personal friend of mine. Legit struggling with this. I'm not ending a friendship over it but I definitely think a little different of him now. :(

e: I'm also overreacting a bit. He's a cool dude with a bad facebook post.

e2: Just like hitler

e3: Sorry, Jews. :(

Maker Of Shoes has a new favorite as of 00:26 on Apr 23, 2016

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

oldpainless posted:

Why not just have multiple people on bills?

All of the presidents having a party. Jimmy Carter can be passed out on the couch.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I wonder what the Venn diagram of "no men in the bathroom with my daughter/wife/granddaughter!" men, and those who harass strange women on the street, would look like.

I don't have a lot of hateful people on my feed, but if any of them uses the slippery slope argument that "anyone could put on a dress and molest children!" I'll be sure to point out that the same is true of a priest's collar.

I did see this today, though, so :

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

oldpainless posted:

Why not just have multiple people on bills?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wytAaOyE7vo john oliver makes a good case on why not having multiple types of 10$. Plus some idiot will think one of them are counterfit

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Busket Posket posted:

*Kramers into anything newsworthy*

B-b-but cops!

Dear lord; the whole page is full of "cops do no wrong," "you'd shoot people accidentally too if your job was this stressful," and the obvious "thug thug thug, thuggy thugs thugging thugs."

This was posted 6 hours ago, referring to a death from early February:

The Smithsonian of .jpg

This was captioned "totally satire......but true"

Hnnnngh.

And they have the biggest hard-on for Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, who is an incompetent piece of poo poo but discovered he can make a lot more money as a token black authority figure spouting ultraconservative talking points. He's so bad at his job, but his input allows Fox News to say, "We're not racist! This black guy in a uniform called young black men animals, and he's black too so it's legit!" I saw firsthand how his influence made a bunch of southeast Wisconsin racists feel justified and emboldened.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Posted by a very close personal friend of mine. Legit struggling with this. I'm not ending a friendship over it but I definitely think a little different of him now. :(

e: I'm also overreacting a bit. He's a cool dude with a bad facebook post.

e2: Just like hitler

e3: Sorry, Jews. :(

That escalated quickly.

:godwin:

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

teenytinymouse posted:

Unisex bathrooms need to happen like, yesterday. The only women I know who might care about peeing next to a man are the over 50's (or the almost 50's like my mum) and they don't matter. Not for long.

Do men care? I dunno.

I had an around 60-70 year old guy standing outside the bathroom at my store who was refusing to go in because there were a bunch of girls in there. It was a bathroom with three stalls and three pissers. Oh and it turned out those girls in there were just some 6 years olds with long hair.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
AgghhghH

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Eeyo posted:

So they were allowed to use public funds for vacations? What?

This is the official mayor website:

quote:

Mayor Edwin M. Lee today issued the following statement after North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory signed into law legislation overturning protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals in the State of North Carolina:

“We are standing united as San Franciscans to condemn North Carolina’s new discriminatory law that turns back the clock on protecting the rights of all Americans including lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals. Effective immediately, I am directing City Departments under my authority to bar any publicly-funded City employee travel to the State of North Carolina that is not absolutely essential to public health and safety.

I believe strongly that we should be adding more protections to prevent discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities in the United States, not taking them away.

I would like to applaud cities like Charlotte and its Mayor, Mayor Jennifer Roberts, who have taken steps at the local level to protect gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people from discrimination. I also applaud Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed who is a champion for equality for all.

With other states like Georgia on the verge of passing more discriminatory laws, let me be clear that San Francisco taxpayers will not subsidize legally-sanctioned discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in any City or State.”

Last year, disappointed by the actions of Indiana Governor Mike Pence who signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act into law that legalizes discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, Mayor Lee directed City Departments under his authority to bar publicly-funded City employee travel to the State of Indiana. That ban has since been lifted after Indiana amended their law.

The restriction is only on the use of public funding for non-essential travel.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Sorry if this was posted

OMG make u think

yeah...

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

An enlightened individual posted:

Apologies for ignoring y'all over the last 24 hours, Facebook blocked all my communications for being brutally honest about the "chosen ones", who of course also happen to own and operate Facebook. Anyway, I have returned heart emoticon

The best and worst part about being a white heterosexual male in the Western world is that you are held responsible for all of your actions. It must be nice being willing and able to blame the "patriarchy" or "white privilege" for all that ails you, but it must also seriously retard your emotional and intellectual development.

"If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool."
- Carl Jung.

Bushmaori has a new favorite as of 05:39 on Apr 23, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lamech posted:

Sorry if this was posted

OMG make u think

yeah...

What is this? Please help.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Lamech posted:

Sorry if this was posted

OMG make u think

yeah...
It's quite pretty to look at but I imagine it was accompanied by crazy ramblings and possibly the word "sheeple"

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

"Has to be one of the coolest pictures I've seen in a long time. Our beautiful World through the lens of the Hubble telescope."

"Absolutely beautiful!"

oops http://www.snopes.com/cradle-of-clouds-photo/

Lamech has a new favorite as of 05:41 on Apr 23, 2016

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

oldpainless posted:

Earthse.cx

No ring. 4/10

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Karma Monkey posted:

Earthse.cx

No ring. 4/10

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

twistedmentat posted:

I just realized what this reminds me of, this classic AUG

I'm smarter than everyone, and more modest.

Probably things like "I'm not racist, I just speak the truth" as well.

My favorite thing I saw was someone complaining about Tubbman by saying "This is a slap in the face of all those to died to defend the cause of the south". So you mean, defending Slavery?

I like his Soft GENTLE YELLOW cOLors. iT reminds me of my favorite FOOD.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Shbobdb posted:

I like his Soft GENTLE YELLOW cOLors. iT reminds me of my favorite FOOD.

This post makes me feel safe

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

cash crab posted:

This post makes me feel safe

heRE is a PHOTOGRAPH a picture I did NOT take myself.

4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBwgHBgkIBwgKCgkLDRYPDQwMDRsUFRAWIB0iIiAdHx8kKDQsJCYxJx8fL

Somebody has a new favorite as of 07:44 on Apr 23, 2016

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Oh

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Mmm, yes. This is my exact jam.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

cash crab posted:

Mmm, yes. This is my exact jam.

I thought this was your jam

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Hatrocious posted:

Saw this in my news feed, gave it a like. Luckily, one of my (female) flatmates was kind enough to show me the error of my ways

That angry face on Facebook is such a great warning beacon for IOSM. "Danger! Thar be idiots".

Ah, this post has got a prick warning, probably gonna avoid that one.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 08:26 on Apr 23, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Josef bugman posted:

I thought this was your jam

Way too generic. Saskatoon berry and rhubarb, now that's a jam worth jammin to.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

oldpainless posted:

Clouds of gluten and fluoride spread by chemtrails!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I have a classmate who spent hours crying about Prince. I don't know anything about the guy except Purple Rain, but I don't see why it's so goddamn hard to show respect for those who actually cares.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

"Support vigilante justice! Even if my fiancé is a cop!"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

volts5000 posted:

Sounds like someone is working on a pitch for a Death Wish reboot.
Anyway Snopes has already disproved this IoSM wet dream.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

If we had never let those refugees in they'd still be alive. Just something to think about.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Checking every single cliche off the list makes my story more believable

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

volts5000 posted:

At least the stolen valor military man in this one is in the Army and not a Marine.

Why do white conservatives consistently pass around false stories where their wives and daughters are raped by blacks, transwomen, and now Syrian refugees? If I were a white woman, I'd be insulted that people were subjugating minorities out of "concern" for my "safety."

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

constantIllusion posted:

At least the stolen valor military man in this one is in the Army and not a Marine.

Why do white conservatives consistently pass around false stories where their wives and daughters are raped by blacks, transwomen, and now Syrian refugees? If I were a white woman, I'd be insulted that people were subjugating minorities out of "concern" for my "safety."

My veteran-turned-truck-driver friend (an extremely specific but completely valid demographic who more often than not turn into right-wing shitheads) posted this one and has a tendency to post anything ARE TROOPS without bothering to fact-check or even notice if it's stupid, so there's a couple of us that have started either calling him out or just posting "quit posting this poo poo" every time he does it. To his credit, he's a good dude that will almost always admit he's wrong once presented with actual arguments against whatever kneejerk reactionary poo poo he posted, so really it's more "oh god, what do we have to call Izzy out on today" than "goddammit Izzy get off my facebook feed". Progress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

constantIllusion posted:

It's insulting as gently caress. I don't need to be protected, I'm not some delicate little flower who needs special legislation to keep me safe in public. I'm a boss rear end bitch who can pee in any toilet without fear. Get the government out of my bathroom!