Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I'm wondering if it isn't worth it to just try and upgrade a Velniup to rank 15+ instead of getting a Catacombs Blade on my Peltasta. I'm having a really hard time justifying giving up 3 AOE Ratio.

Also anyone know if wearing double Sissel band gives double stacks of frenzy per miss? I can't find that information anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015
I ditched Discourse because the browser app was stealing the Ctrl-Num shortcut keys I use to switch between Chrome tabs.

Maybe I'm just not cut out to be a gamer. :-p

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

Corby Haas posted:

I ditched Discourse because the browser app was stealing the Ctrl-Num shortcut keys I use to switch between Chrome tabs.

Maybe I'm just not cut out to be a gamer. :-p
We'll have a guild sooner or later which will make Discord less relevant.

Not sure who our guild leader is and how far along the path to Templar they are though.

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015

Drium posted:

We'll have a guild sooner or later which will make Discord less relevant.

Not sure who our guild leader is and how far along the path to Templar they are though.

I don't have time to super-grind but if "Templar" is an otherwise useless character I'm happy to be the one who does it. My plan for this game is basically to grind mobs whenever I'm bored and otherwise stand around in a major city jumping on mailboxes and spamming "Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker".

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Templar takes a while because it's in the final circle (so like lvl 220)

also here's this

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

A big interesting official announcement post right here: Announcement Regarding Price Changes and South American Server

quote:

Lastly, we’ve decided to raise the discount on our DLC products. We will be selling them at 50% off instead of the 30% originally planned. The content of the DLC products including the TP amount will not change. Players who have already purchased the DLC products previously will be able to buy the discounted packs as well, since they are treated as new products. This discount will start on the 21st as planned and will remain available until near the F2P transition date. These 50%-off DLC products will not take regional pricing into account as they will be discontinued before F2P and regional pricing implementation for the SA and SEA servers.

quote:

Due to such change of plans, we had to push the F2P release date back in order to account for longer preparation. Our goal is to finish transferring teams to the appropriate servers first before opening up our game to the general public. We expect the transition to F2P to happen sometime early to mid-May, and we will make a separate announcement once the date is confirmed. We apologize to those who have been waiting eagerly for the F2P transition.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

Corby Haas posted:

I don't have time to super-grind but if "Templar" is an otherwise useless character I'm happy to be the one who does it. My plan for this game is basically to grind mobs whenever I'm bored and otherwise stand around in a major city jumping on mailboxes and spamming "Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker".
Templar has its uses in guild vs guild but its primary purpose is to be able to lead a guild at all.

It's a circle 7 swordsman class, though.

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015
I'm glad they're pushing back F2P; the game needs work.

Fun as hell though. After reading the post about how they intend to handle the botting problem, it seems like IMC a) knows what they're doing and b) actually care.

Actually, not using Game Guard (or whatever crap Nexon planted into Maplestory and Dragons Nest) is another sign that they actually care and know what they're doing.

<3 this game.

----
On another note, I'd like to build a community site for ToS; a simpler one than ToSBase, with Steam login and then basically just a forum, a wiki, and some calculators. Is there interest in that sort of thing?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

gibbed posted:

A big interesting official announcement post right here: Announcement Regarding Price Changes and South American Server

RIP the poors.

I'm making a Templar, I hope to get it to r5 today. I'll try to have guild up within a week or two, but no promises.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Silento posted:

RIP the poors.

I'm making a Templar, I hope to get it to r5 today. I'll try to have guild up within a week or two, but no promises.

Our savior.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

hope you have 10 million silver sitting around

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Throw all the talt you have in a pile. I'm sure we'll get there fairly quickly.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

hope you have 10 million silver sitting around

It's only 1m now, last I checked. Unless it's different on iToS for some reason?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
LF someone to level from character creation with me for my icewall wizard. Klaipeda preferred, will be my first char on that server. Leveling will be fast, but lots of grinding

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Now we can kill all the bots.
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/addon-lkchat-alpha/

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's good to know you're still making addons.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
finally hit r6

Winning has 50 ranks :shepicide:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently (not sure if hoax or not) tokens now allow you to train attributes instantly in the latest Korean patch.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Elentor posted:

It's good to know you're still making addons.

This game ought to have some really cool addons, but given how insecure their vm is people will need to be cautious. Full filesystem access and native code execution should probably be assumed when dealing with addons that aren't completely trustworthy.

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss
Hey remember this giant world map that gives you a rough order of areas to visit, but is a nightmare to look at and make sense of?

Well I couldn't stand looking at it, so I looked at it a lot and converted it into a semi-vertical-readable LIST. Well you can sort of read it top to bottom.

If it helps anyone else then cheers. :coffeepal:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is there some unwritten rule that you have to be a dick to other players on the Klaipeda server? Literally 100% of swordies and archers since I started this wiz who is now in the 60s just recklessly KS everything in sight, even if you are kiting around a group of mobs that are clearly at less than half HP, swordie bros will just walk up and spam abilities on it. Not gonna say no one will KS you on the EU server, but generally people aren't assholes.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

The addon that is responsible for your avatar made a lot of fun for me, thanks for the ToS addon too :toot:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fallout posted:

Hey remember this giant world map that gives you a rough order of areas to visit, but is a nightmare to look at and make sense of?

Well I couldn't stand looking at it, so I looked at it a lot and converted it into a semi-vertical-readable LIST. Well you can sort of read it top to bottom.

If it helps anyone else then cheers. :coffeepal:

You can check my website:

http://fernandofagundes.com/tosxp/

You just need to input your level and it shows them in order, if they have a waypoint and the closest city and direction in relation to the city.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
My biggest complaint about add-ons for ToS is that there is no central location to find add-ons yet. So you either hear about them word of mouth or generally don't find them.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

BabyRyoga posted:

Is there some unwritten rule that you have to be a dick to other players on the Klaipeda server? Literally 100% of swordies and archers since I started this wiz who is now in the 60s just recklessly KS everything in sight, even if you are kiting around a group of mobs that are clearly at less than half HP, swordie bros will just walk up and spam abilities on it. Not gonna say no one will KS you on the EU server, but generally people aren't assholes.

I don't think I've met an archer yet who didn't KS me on sight.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

BabyRyoga posted:

ragnarok online

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's a tight Kabbalist build?

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

Sacro fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 22, 2016

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
Amazing, people are doing god's work.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

god bless you, king of lemons

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

ahhh the mew under the truck meme. :golfclap:

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 23, 2016

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
the new report function plus the daily ban waves seem to be working pretty well, I've only run into a few obvious bots on my lowbie alt and forest of prayer was virtually deserted the other day. good... job?? I guess they really are trying to get their poo poo together for nebulous f2p release

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

commandloadfail for instances again :(

edit: but the mercenary daily missions work just fine

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 24, 2016

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah they'll have their work cut out for them once the paywall collapses

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

yeah they'll have their work cut out for them once the paywall collapses

if "by work cut out for them" you mean already got 5 months out of a lot of people and don't care anymore.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Gibbo posted:

if "by work cut out for them" you mean already got 5 months out of a lot of people and don't care anymore.

Please don't let this mindset happen imc, I haven't even begun to grind as hard as I can on this EA

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015
I'm level 15 now and this game is everything I want it to be. Ready for that *guild*, son! That way I don't need to jump in the Discourse to chat. (Still wish it were IRC grr... kids these days.)

----
Actually, w/r/t "kids these days" -- are there still young people signing up for SA? It seems like people around here might mostly be from an earlier "era" of the internet and probably my age (and thus comfortable with IRC. Grr...).

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

IRC is awful, discord is awful, everything is awful.

Spamming porings in slack was cool though.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Corby Haas posted:

Actually, w/r/t "kids these days" -- are there still young people signing up for SA? It seems like people around here might mostly be from an earlier "era" of the internet and probably my age (and thus comfortable with IRC. Grr...).

I think this is pretty accurate, from most goons ive played games with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Should I use my vubbe fighter blood to make some gloves or should I sell it?

And what price do people actually pay for it? Because all the ones on the auction house are the same price as arde dagger.

• Locked thread