Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Sammo digs way too much in the litter and comes out like this every time, ideas to change that? It's a 3x1.5ft closed top box, using World's Best multi-cat lavender litter. When they were at the rescuer's home they were using the pine pellet stuff.

You might be using too much litter; all the more reliable resources I found recommend 2 inches deep, max.

Also, mangoes are my favorite fruit, so that name change may not be as crazy s you think :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

beepee
Apr 29, 2010
Update from Jonesy, she approves of all your cattes

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

HEY GAL posted:

Do this please--they can be friends with each other and a pair of black cats forms an attractive catblob, which you can see from the goon who owns Maude and Edith.

They were actually cuddled up in the top basket of this cat tree like four feet tall in their room - just this big pile of silky black fluff, random tails and paws sticking out. Adorable.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

kuskus posted:

I green screened my cats. There's more to come but check out this long-derp yawn from Samantha, my smaller girl cat.

lol at her eyes acting like a green screen as well.

Just got back from a trip, time to take :siren:Rokit outside for his first time!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sZfHLgF9YI

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Sammo digs way too much in the litter and comes out like this every time, ideas to change that? It's a 3x1.5ft closed top box, using World's Best multi-cat lavender litter. When they were at the rescuer's home they were using the pine pellet stuff.

Snowflake does this too. (He also spins around in the litter box like a chinchilla taking a sand-bath which is super gross.) I think it might be a World's Best thing. I'm using roughly 50/50 blend of World's Best and Feline Fresh Pine Litter. I have three litter boxes going right now and none of them are more than an inch deep. They get scooped a couple times a day.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
https://www.facebook.com/thegrumpycatt/videos/1053758028009453/?__mref=message

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Newton's toes:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Does it count if they're black and white? :v:

This is Melanie, adopted her from the shelter about a month ago. Apparently she was brought in as part of a feral catch -> spay/neuter -> release program, hence the clipped ear. She was super sweet with the shelter staff though, so they decided to put her up for adoption. :3:

Now if only she'd stop jumping on my keyboard while I'm sending work emails and trying to eat the laptop.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
One half of our terrors, Luna:

truly, a better paragon of divine grace has never walked the earth

:catstare:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
My family's awesome black cat passed away a month ago. No one in the family had a black cat before, but we ended up delighted with his antics. We all learned about some tricks that're black cat exclusive -- camouflaging themselves by laying on black shirts or jackets, or hiding in the darkness so that only the shining eyes stand out. The latter is adorable. He was very vocal, so in bad lighting, all you'd see were his round eyes and his pink mouth opening and closing.

I'm glad we have no bias against black cats. He was amazing. :unsmith:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Meet my black cat, Maomao

rotoscoped
Oct 30, 2010
I adopted this cuddly jerk named Shoyu and her tabby buddy from the shelter almost a year ago.

They are both around 10 years old and still very active. After a few weeks of hiding Shoyu did a 180° in personality and is now the most affectionate (loudest) tuxedo you could imagine.

:stare:

Shelter cats best cats.

golden bells
Oct 17, 2013

This is Peony and she has a dumb face

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Dumb face black cats best face black cats

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Snowflake asserting that he's still a tiny adorable kitten.

He tries to take down my older cat like she's a gazelle on the Serengeti, he's chewed through two USB cables, shredded four art projects, and eaten through the bottom inch of my flipchart paper. I can't brush my teeth without first removing him from the sink, and he bites pretty hard when he's wound up. My feet are covered in scratches from ambushes. On the other hand, he jumped in the bathtub last night without realizing it was full, and got a quarter of a bagel stuck on his claws while trying to lick the butter off this morning. He also loves hugs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
This is my family's baby girl, Shadow. We named her that because the first thing she did when we got her home was attack her shadow. We got her when i was 3. In this pick she's 19, lived a few more months and finally left us after saying goodbye and meeting my new kitty, a month shy of 20. She was the calmest, most caring cat. Idk if I'll ever meet another cat so polite, and with no quirk besides not coming to cuddle unless you pretended you didn't notice her. Our puppy messed up her vocal chords as a kitten so she always sounded crotchety :kimchi:

Here's my first personal cat Priss about a week after we got her off the street. The only survivor of her litter (there's a kitten killing disease that's extremely common amongst ferals here) She still wouldn't let me get near her at this point.

Now she's big, jumps in my arms to be held like a baby whenever I get home, and love the half cabinet above the toilet.

Bonus, super photogenic photo. She also has a perch by my computer and is watching me post. She usually avoids the keyboard, but purposefully walks on it when she really needs attention.

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

Please keep all these super-cute black cats coming.

Not trying to pimp my weird videos, just making good on a previous statement to deliver more of my black cats on green screen... if you have a google cardboard you can see both of mine in 3d. And they also turn into me at the end.

library cat
Feb 12, 2016

This is Bmo. She has a bunny tail and also has a really quiet, squeaky meow.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Back in the innocent days....

He still likes this spot, though.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

This is Disco. Adopted her back in September when she was 7 years old then. Still crazy and full of energy when need be.

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014
Not sure if this should be cross posted to TFR.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Eskaton posted:

There was a second shooter!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Eskaton posted:

The Tacticats (and tactidogs, and tactiquails...) thread...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3440138

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Eskaton posted:

Is that a Meowsin Nagant?

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

Our black kitty Hulk was posing nicely today. Turns out he's got a bit of dandruff on close inspection.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

patriotic dog posted:

This is Peony and she has a dumb face

Organza Quiz posted:

Dumb face black cats best face black cats

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is that a Meowsin Nagant?

Meowser

Fred Lynn
Feb 22, 2013
This is our new shelter cabbit, I'm fairly certain she's a panther/rabbit hybrid but you all are the experts.

We've had her for a couple of months already and she's been to the vet three times already so she's turned out to be a lot more expensive than the :10bux: initial investment.

She loved the vets so much last time that I don't think she wants to get sick again anytime soon.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
What is this thread's opinion on black cats named Toothless because I have one of those she is v. cute here's a pic.

If you like more black cats named Toothless you should subscribe to the only good page on reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/CatsNamedToothless/

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I haven't posted my fat black lazy pieces of poo poo recently so here they are.

Here's this dumb fucker, Salem:

And here's this Binx who chews on literally anything that moves (or doesn't move, he particularly likes paper and cardboard so I think he has pica or something):

library cat
Feb 12, 2016

More pictures of BMO:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Protocol7 posted:

And here's this Binx who chews on literally anything that moves (or doesn't move, he particularly likes paper and cardboard so I think he has pica or something):
No that's actually pretty normal

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Snowflake eats books, art projects, and wet food but only if it is for Sari and only if she wants it. He also hugs with his teeth. He steals post-its off my desk and shreds them into confetti under my bed when I'm trying to sleep.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 23, 2016

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Family cat is fat and lazy, but I still love her. Also can't seem to get her to lose weight because she always manages to sneak bites from what the others leaves behind.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kitty steals my seat.

But sometimes he's cute.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

This is basically me in on-campus classes. MY EYES ARE OPEN IT COUNTS AS AWAKE.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Sammo, victim of my new flash setup.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

:h: the Phoeb'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007