Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

How's Sleeping Dogs Definitive? I really liked it on PS3, but I recall hearing some things about them messing up the PS4 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Rirse posted:

How is Tearaway (PS4) and Little Big Planet 3? I have Tearaway on the Vita, but heard the PS4 version is way better. Also how is the Warriors port on the PSP, as that sounds like it would be a great title to have on the Vita to go.

Little Big Planet 3 is obviously a B Team developed sequel. It's pretty good if you like the franchise, but making it backwards compatible with all of the old LBP stuff, including the user-made maps, has really hobbled it as far us pushing the PS4. It was a bug-fest at launch, but has been finally patched up pretty well now.

I played Tearaway on both systems and found the Vita one to be way more interesting. All of the Vita-exclusive control methods that made it so special are gone, so what's left is an okay platformer with a neat design aesthetic (and you've seen it all before if you played through on Vita).

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Motto posted:

How's Sleeping Dogs Definitive? I really liked it on PS3, but I recall hearing some things about them messing up the PS4 version.

I heard the same. Apparently it's a bad port with worse framerate

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
How are Elder Scrolls Online and Final Fantasy 14 (or whatever is the mmo)?

Been thinking that an MMO would be fun and unfortunately Secret World isn't on PS4.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Squallege posted:

Noooo! Seriously? I hadn't heard that and bought it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CrashCat posted:

And it probably could run it if they allowed it, but lol whitelist

The EU version works on PSTV.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

Squallege posted:

It's not amazing but it looks better than the PS3 version and the framerate issues weren't noticeable enough to stop me from 100%ing it for the second time.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mr Hootington posted:

How are Elder Scrolls Online and Final Fantasy 14 (or whatever is the mmo)?

Been thinking that an MMO would be fun and unfortunately Secret World isn't on PS4.

ffxiv is great
eso is bad

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fix posted:

Noooo! Seriously? I hadn't heard that and bought it.

It's fine. A bit dated by PS4 standards but I bought it and enjoyed it (never tried it last gen).

I'm also interested in ESO impressions. Has it improved since launch?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ffxiv is great
eso is bad
On the other hand, ESO doesn't have a subscription anymore. But, uh, you get what you pay for. Though you'd probably be better off with any F2P MMO on the console if price was your main hangup

If you do get FF14, make sure to hit up the Refer a Friend thread for potential free swag. You have to put in a code before you subscribe (free month doesn't count) but you don't get the swag until after you pay for your first month

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I picked up Bully for $6. I've never played it before and have heard good things.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bully owns, I own it on ps2, wii, 360, and it was a day one purchase for me on ps4

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Bully owns, I own it on ps2, wii, 360, and it was a day one purchase for me on ps4

That makes me extra happy to hear. It was also a pleasant surprise to find that it was also full screen, and not letterbox.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Watrick posted:

I picked up Bully for $6. I've never played it before and have heard good things.

Consumo.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Bully's a great game, and this:

Is really the only time that it drags. You're more or less forced to beat an almost fascinatingly bad "arcade" game, and get a somewhat unreasonable score. It really sucks

That said, it's one of my favorite PS2 games, and I hope you enjoy it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Bully is absolutely fantastic and you made a Good Decision.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not amazing but it looks better than the PS3 version and the framerate issues weren't noticeable enough to stop me from 100%ing it for the second time.

I may check it out then cause I do like me some True Crime

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Are there any good arcade-y racers for PS4 yet? I've read that the new NFS wasn't great, but I haven't heard much about anything else.

e: I just would really like another Burnout game, but I know that's not likely anytime soon.:(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

SpacePig posted:

Are there any good arcade-y racers for PS4 yet? I've read that the new NFS wasn't great, but I haven't heard much about anything else.

e: I just would really like another Burnout game, but I know that's not likely anytime soon.:(

the NFS that came out during the PS4 launch was actually fun and good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watrick posted:

That makes me extra happy to hear. It was also a pleasant surprise to find that it was also full screen, and not letterbox.

Wait are PS2 classics on PS4 changing the aspect ratios of these games or was the game always widescreen

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

In Training posted:

Wait are PS2 classics on PS4 changing the aspect ratios of these games or was the game always widescreen

No clue. Bully was the first PS2 classic I've bought.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

In Training posted:

Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud 2 are in 4:3 so I think if it has widescreen then it uses that.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

I almost want to make a thread about this, because so many PS2 and PSX/N64 games have wide screen options and like, who the gently caress was playing them in wide screen in the late 90s early 00s? What wide screen TVs were there even?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

abagofcheetos posted:

I almost want to make a thread about this, because so many PS2 and PSX/N64 games have wide screen options and like, who the gently caress was playing them in wide screen in the late 90s early 00s? What wide screen TVs were there even?
There were wide screen CRTs that no one had cause they were even heavier than 4:3 ones and had insane curvature. Not to mention projectors.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Max Payne still owns, 15 years later. A good use of six bucks.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I'm eyeing Beyond: Two Souls and Alien: Isolation. For $11 a piece they don't seem like bad buys. Any opinions at those prices?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nickoten posted:

I'm eyeing Beyond: Two Souls and Alien: Isolation. For $11 a piece they don't seem like bad buys. Any opinions at those prices?

don't buy david cage's video games

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

Counterpoint. I've liked all of them (though I never finished Indigo Prophecy) counterpoint to my counterpoint I love ET for the atari so I'm not sure I'm a qualified judge of quality gaming.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

their good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anybody know if stardust vanguard has any single player modes or if its just straight up vs brawl? i want it because it looks awesome but i rarely have a whole crew to play 4 player games over my house.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
On that note does anyone have any opinions on Foul Play, Rollers of the Realm or Fat Princess Adventures?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Nickoten posted:

Beyond's story is really loving ridiculous and a little skeevy at times, but I enjoyed the game as a whole. I think that if you liked Heavy Rain, you'll like Beyond for similar reasons.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

SpacePig posted:

Driveclub is okay but I'd only really recommend it if you're starved for arcade racers on the PS4. The only great thing about the game is its graphics. The handling model does have some sim elements in that some high-powered cars are a real handful to drive, but most cars you can throw into a corner without a second thought.

The PS4 in general lacks racing games. Burnout 3 as a BC title would instantly be the PS4's best, or second-best racing game.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I probably know the answer to this, but is cdkey.com legit for a PS+ year code? Trying not to pay full price here.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

On that note does anyone have any opinions on Foul Play, Rollers of the Realm or Fat Princess Adventures?
Rollers of the Realm is kinda cool but also kind of really annoying. Like I think I just really wanted another Puzzle Quest and it's actually probably better than that piece of garbage but it's still kind of janky. That said it goes on sale a lot so if it's not your first pick this time around don't fret. I know zero about the other two though so if I had to pick among those I'd take it, personally

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why are mark of kri and its prequel first wave ps2 games for ps4? were they groundbreaking at the time? they seem to play like generic action games with zero modern polish by today's standards

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

double post

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Everblight posted:

I probably know the answer to this, but is cdkey.com legit for a PS+ year code? Trying not to pay full price here.

There is also this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121345728193?rmvSB=true

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Real hurthling! posted:

why are mark of kri and its prequel first wave ps2 games for ps4? were they groundbreaking at the time? they seem to play like generic action games with zero modern polish by today's standards

They're probably super easy to emulate and the publisher said "gently caress it" and hit the button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Real hurthling! posted:

The original was fun and had a great art style. Really it's probably just a way to get a little extra profit out of a Sony-owned IP that isn't popular enough for a reboot or remake.

• Locked thread