Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Why is F1 retarded? That visor cam is cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
loving terrifying. And awesome.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Because the cars being rolling billboards is number 1 and they throw us 1 or 2 good camera shots a race.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Let me pay a 100 bucks a year for streaming races with the option for helm cam views.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Oooh thats my hometown track. Its not even a super fast circuit and that visor cam is loving frightening and awesome.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Gonna be cool to be an old man 20 years from now and be able to flip on demand to 16k stream of every f1 helmet cam in my VR googles

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It probably looks more frightening because it's a tight undulating road course without a fuckton of runoff area and it's not a Tilkedrome.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
You mean the Red Bull Grand Prix Championship???

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Imagine that camera & mic'ing up the drivers.

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

"All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody
thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ"
Steady, you're talking about making F1 interesting and exciting. Not on Bernie's watch.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Buggerlugs posted:

Steady, you're talking about making F1 interesting and exciting. Not on Bernie's watch.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Just a reminder that everyone's favorite race series, Formula-E, is on ITV-4 at 14:00 today.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

MotoGP is delayed as Michelin hasn't fit all the tyres for the session because their staff got food poisoning from dinner the night before.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Whitey Ford posted:

MotoGP is delayed as Michelin hasn't fit all the tyres for the session because their staff got food poisoning from dinner the night before.

lol is this real?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

lol is this real?

Based on the picture of him on Motorsport I'd say a heroin OD is more likely.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Norns posted:

lol is this real?

Apparently the availability of bathrooms at Jerez is contributing to it as journalists are taking to twitter to request immodium. Seems the toilet locations are few and far between lol.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The greatest man in the world and the man so cool and good he could have raced f1 for Ferrari but he thought f1 was too boring got pole position today

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The greatest man in the world and the man so cool and good he could have raced f1 for Ferrari but he thought f1 was too boring got pole position today

Don't think anyone was expecting that, great to watch.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I didn't know Jacque Villeneuve was still racing somewhere.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

aequalis posted:

Felipinho Massa has beaten Ricky D in a once off spec series race. Replay here: https://www.facebook.com/massafelipe19/videos/582078005299670/

This is the best F1 related video. Felipinho's little Williams fire suit. :allears:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gret posted:

I didn't know Jacque Villeneuve was still racing somewhere.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
He would have been, but he wasn't good enough to keep up with the likes of Nico Prost, Jarno Trulli or Piquet Jr. so he lost his ride in Formula E.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

gret posted:

It probably looks more frightening because it's a tight undulating road course without a fuckton of runoff area and it's not a Tilkedrome.

I totally forgot Barber had that many sweeping corners. Some of those sections in the back half look awesome but frightening at the same time. Good layout, impossible to make it Grade 1 though sadly.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

A real race car going around a real track for a change. Don't worry, we'll go back to F1 again soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJor4Y7WHYk

Here's loving Long Beach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1NwuJ5weUg

That poor man's back...

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

aequalis posted:

Felipinho Massa has beaten Ricky D in a once off spec series race. Replay here: https://www.facebook.com/massafelipe19/videos/582078005299670/

That's a cool video and Are Dan is a cool dude :australia:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

harperdc posted:

I totally forgot Barber had that many sweeping corners. Some of those sections in the back half look awesome but frightening at the same time. Good layout, impossible to make it Grade 1 though sadly.

Lime rock is a fun track.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm drunk asbfuck and need the worst threads opinion, it rained today is going to rain for two hours tomorrow and I only have slick tires for my kart. Race? y/n

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Sounds like a hoot.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
Karting in the rain is hilarious/ridiculous. Deffo do it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm drunk asbfuck and need the worst threads opinion, it rained today is going to rain for two hours tomorrow and I only have slick tires for my kart. Race? y/n

Hello inebriated buddy. Drift king that poo poo.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Our Jess' ex-husband Jenson Button would race

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Shame on anyone not watching Moto3 right now. Series leader, who has never won a race, started from last (34th) because his engine mapping was illegal. Comes through the field in a record breaking run and I won't spoil it but you must find it and watch it.

1500quidporsche posted:

This is how Jenson became the Moist Master. Do it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
http://www.pitpass.com/55939/Haas-on-track-to-smash-F1-value-for-money-record

quote:

Haas on track to smash F1 value for money record

America: the best bargain in F1. Toro Rosso for the price of a Manor!

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

krushgroove posted:

Shame on anyone not watching Moto3 right now. Series leader, who has never won a race, started from last (34th) because his engine mapping was illegal. Comes through the field in a record breaking run and I won't spoil it but you must find it and watch it.

This is how Jenson became the Moist Master. Do it.

Moto3 always delivers eh? Bikes are good and cool.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
It's a shame Moto2 is pretty good with fast bikes, but the action isn't on par with Moto3...MotoGP should be interesting though.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
India has revoked Vijay's passport after he fled to London, he owes more than a $1billion to Indian banks lol.

Seems to me we're gonna have an 18 car grid soon after Force India and Sauber collapse.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Naw. Fiat are biding their time and waiting to see which one collapses first. Might see a new company take over at least one of them as well, no one wanted to buy a lovely new team like HRT but buying Sauber/force india means you are buying yourself a history as well. I also suspect Ferrari or Mercedes might want to buy Force India just to really piss off VJ and Eddie.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Vijay sort of mortgaged his stake in Force India over the winter and isn't really funding it anyway, so if he disappears it would just mean Diageo end up with more control over the team.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Just a quick reminder that if you fancy watching a race that Ferrari's are probably going to win, Blancpain Monza is about to start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8eKasCIArY

edit - turns out I'm pretty bad at predictions!

andyf fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
live chat thing on you tube itself is pretty good (I've not seen a live thing on youtube before)

• Locked thread