Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

Four-eyes at work.

Rent chat: I pay $1200 for a 1050sq ft loft conversion in an old schoolhouse. It is worth every penny, even if occupying an absurd percentage of my take-home pay.

Beard chat: a well-groomed/kept beard is awesome, but I prefer my men clean-shaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

No cookies or juice, but that's okay because they'd probably just make my stomach hurt anyway because my liver sucks at producing enzymes. I was a bit light headed for a few minutes but now I'm good.

I have problems with my connective tissues and joint hypermobility in almost every joint so I've been living with chronic pain for years and years and finally decided that it might be something other than just constant athletic injuries. We're thinking I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, or lupus. Some friends figured it had to be Lyme disease since I go outside so much, but this goes back to the late 90s when I was a shut in so I have my doubts. I'm just looking forward to finding some sort of pain management because I doubt there's any real cure to whatever is the problem. I will never stop climbing poo poo even if I need knee braces permanently!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Picnic Princess posted:

I got some tests done today! I either have an autoimmune disease or a collagen deficiency! Stay tuned on "My body is a useless piece of garbage: What the gently caress is wrong with me now"

Put a long sleeve shirt on, you look amazingly well!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Picnic Princess posted:

No cookies or juice, but that's okay because they'd probably just make my stomach hurt anyway because my liver sucks at producing enzymes. I was a bit light headed for a few minutes but now I'm good.

I have problems with my connective tissues and joint hypermobility in almost every joint so I've been living with chronic pain for years and years and finally decided that it might be something other than just constant athletic injuries. We're thinking I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, or lupus. Some friends figured it had to be Lyme disease since I go outside so much, but this goes back to the late 90s when I was a shut in so I have my doubts. I'm just looking forward to finding some sort of pain management because I doubt there's any real cure to whatever is the problem. I will never stop climbing poo poo even if I need knee braces permanently!

Holy moly

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Picnic Princess posted:

you're really loving cool :)

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Picnic Princess posted:

Rockies/South-West Alberta area?

:( Also, sorry about your joints, friend. I have some joint issues too, but less intensely, but I feel a teeny fraction of what you're going through.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

cash crab posted:

Rockies/South-West Alberta area?

:( Also, sorry about your joints, friend. I have some joint issues too, but less intensely, but I feel a teeny fraction of what you're going through.

Indeed, I'm a Kananaskis Princess more than a Picnic Princess.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I loving LOVE KANANASKIS. Me and my brothers used to go there all the time when we were kids. Once, we captured a bunch of tadpoles and raised them into frogs*.

*:(The cat ate them.)

e: THAT REMINDS ME, I have a babby picture of me somewhere.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I couldn't find my babby pictures, but I did find these from a few months ago when I was babysitting my mother-in-law's cat, who is bad at photoshoots

cash crab has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Sep 8, 2018

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That cat has the "not giving a gently caress I'll be half in the frame" look down!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

cash crab posted:

I couldn't find my babby pictures, but I did find these from a few months ago when I was babysitting my mother-in-law's cat, who is bad at photoshoots

:)

Post something recent. I'm curious.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Sep 8, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This picture rules.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

cash crab posted:

I loving LOVE KANANASKIS. Me and my brothers used to go there all the time when we were kids. Once, we captured a bunch of tadpoles and raised them into frogs*.

*:(The cat ate them.)

e: THAT REMINDS ME, I have a babby picture of me somewhere.

Come over to the Take a Photo Thread in Take a Hike, I posted a huge multi-post photo essay on all the Rockies parks and it might trigger some happy memories!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

^^: if anything would make me miss Alberta, it's outdoors photos. I'm in.

VendaGoat posted:

:)

Post something recent. I'm curious.
Okie doke. Two days ago, post-exam selfie w/ tinycat. Different than other cat.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Sep 8, 2018

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

cash crab posted:

^^: if anything would make me miss Alberta, it's outdoors photos. I'm in.

Okie doke. Two days ago, post-exam selfie w/ tinycat. Different than other cat.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Picnic Princess posted:

That's a very pretty view.

Those mountains are kind of cool too :v:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

cash crab posted:

You rock the ultra-short hair well.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Sep 8, 2018

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Florida panthers are winning :siren:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RC Cola posted:

It's my birthday today and I have to work second shift today so I'm sad.

I work second shift every day

welcome to the club

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Hello, internet.

p.s. second shift blows. I'll never do it again.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

DOOP posted:

I work second shift every day

welcome to the club

Panthers win!
And it's the worst. Back to 9-5 tomorrow

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Lol at people complaining about rent though.

In London I'm paying £750 (about $1,100 in freedom bucks) in rent per month for a really poo poo one bedroom attic flat on the outskirts of London, giving me a minimum of like an hour commute every day.

If I wanted to cut my commute time by about 20 minutes and get a bit of a nicer flat in a place closer to the centre, you're talking a minimum of £1,500 a month ($2,000). This is all before council tax which is like £150 per month too.

Renting in London is loving poo poo, the real trick is to go back in time by about 10 years, buy as much property as you can afford in poo poo areas of London and become a millionaire.

Still, it's pretty cool living and working in London.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Those rents are madness. THere is ONE city I know of that has ridiculously good rent for the amount of safe, livable space you get. Can't quite put my finger on the place though, tip of the tongue:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jastiger posted:

Those rents are madness. THere is ONE city I know of that has ridiculously good rent for the amount of safe, livable space you get. Can't quite put my finger on the place though, tip of the tongue:

DesManchester

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
cash crab, you look as friendly and awesome as I imagined you would.

Here's me with my very floofy floofcat. She is trying to kill me via anaphylaxis.

And here I was in 2009, in a local metal band and awkwardly parallel to David Draiman.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Sep 8, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

oh man, I loved me some Disturbed in high school.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:parrot::respek::j:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Darth123123 posted:

DesManchester

Yeah Manchester is actually pretty good for a balance of affordable rent and a cool city to live in.

Obviously it wont stay that way for long.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Stretch Marx posted:

I have Crohn's so all my medications make my blood basically toxic. I just wanted to say that.

One of my husband's friends has that and I'm pretty sure that whatever I have doesn't suck nearly as bad after having conversations with him. I hope you are managing well.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

OH WAH AH AH AH

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

One of my husband's friends has that and I'm pretty sure that whatever I have doesn't suck nearly as bad after having conversations with him. I hope you are managing well.

There are different degrees. My ex had to have part of her intestines taken out, and another friend gets an upset stomach when eating things he's not supposed to.
Ps. HAWKS WIN :siren:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Me and the big fluff

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
Some very lovely goons and goonettes in here lately!

I made a police car yesterday!

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
Spring is here! Time to celebrate with tobacco!

gallilee has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Apr 22, 2016

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

shipwrek posted:

Jack Black twin :cheers:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

shipwrek posted:

Good news you invented a time machine also

Iron Crowned posted:

Me and the big fluff

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

EmmyOk posted:

Good news you invented a time machine also

I resent that remark! I am clearly a dog person. Oscar would like you to know that he is a dog and that dogs are nothing like cats.

:catstare:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

gallilee posted:

Spring is here! Time to celebrate with tobacco!

Not-dead Scott Weiland is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Beardchat...This is how I do it. My wife actually likes it long and scruffy though.