Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Visidan posted:

Never been the case in pvp or wvw, but it used to be in pve definitely.

Now in pve you have condition, power, healing, "tank" and boon duration builds. This is mostly for raids, in fractals and dungeons you'd mainly run either power or condition builds.

Yeah, apparently condi necro is the way to go, right after I get full exotic zerkers gear.:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

victrix posted:

^^ I asked in goon guild chat :v:

The reason Guild chat just told you Zerk Now Ask Questions Later is because the simple fact that you are asking shows you are not ready to build your own build, so for any beginner start with figuring out why the meta is the way it is, then go from there.

My auramancer healing Tempest gear is Zealots. I also have Cleric and Celestial trinkets. I use them all in different PvE and WvW settings, and assume that recommending this to you would get "this is too costly/too much effort" pushback, so I would default to recommending finishing your Zerk set then branch from there. There are core concepts about gameplay you need to learn as a base with the Zerk builds that applies to all other styles of Tempest play.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Power Reaper is fine for dungeons/fractals, and not even bad in raids, just outclassed. You contribute a fair bit of Vulnerability that can be less common in 5-man groups, aoe blind and pull on greatsword, and bringing Blood Magic party support isn't a hit to your damage as long as you're using the Well grandmaster trait and the two damaging wells, which you don't really have better options for the slots. In short dungeon fights (made shorter by power creep) power DPS burst tends to win over condition specs that need a long ramp-up time, especially ones like condition Necromancer that use mostly tons of long bleeds rather than the shorter burns on something like Berserker or Ranger.

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

lucifirius posted:

Yeah, apparently condi necro is the way to go, right after I get full exotic zerkers gear.:negative:

Condi Necro is broken if you abuse minions. When I was testing Power out yesterday, I was sticking close to 20k with each build and weapon variation I tried out (which was less than half of what I was able to get with minion abuse)

If you aren't going out of your way to abuse minions and just apply normal buffs / debuffs to yourself / golem, you can probably average around 25k DPS pretty easily

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Boon buffing builds have been on the rise in wvw. Even gank squads and roaming.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

treizebee posted:

Boon buffing builds have been on the rise in wvw. Even gank squads and roaming.

You could say that those builds are....a huge boon.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I ate some authentic poutine yesterday evening and a few hours afterward my arse let out a huge boom. Is this normal

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I just use Celestial for everything and I've never really had a problem.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

I ate some authentic poutine yesterday evening and a few hours afterward my arse let out a huge boom. Is this normal

It's only authentic if the curds are squeaky as your rear end in a top hat pre-fart

Rand Brittain posted:

I just use Celestial for everything and I've never really had a problem.

You just legitimately triggered more than one person, fyi

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

You just legitimately triggered more than one person, fyi

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

This is my fetish.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

CLAM DOWN posted:

I think a doctor needs to check out your...conditions.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

treizebee posted:

I think a doctor needs to check out your...conditions.

Good thing everyone in SFD is qualified to give him this checkup! Dentists are doctors, after all.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://gw2efficiency.com/ is a cool website. I apparently have quite a bit of gold locked up in crafting mats.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Spot the frog.

I dunno who built this in the SFD guildhall but good job.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Uh.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Spot the frog.

nice FoV, noob

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Awww yeah just win all over me, mmm

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So close to my first wurm kill.

That reminds me I need to try the new shatterer.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is there a goon approved method of buying gems cheaper than the anet store? Discount gem cards from somewhere or something?

I'm finding my limited inventory/bank space is really annoying right now :/

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Arus can you pipe in on this.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Visidan posted:

Arus can you pipe in on this.

WHEN ARE THE AVIATORS COMING BACK.

I KNOW THAT YOU KNOW

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

victrix posted:

Is there a goon approved method of buying gems cheaper than the anet store? Discount gem cards from somewhere or something?

I collect bottles and cans (mostly cans) and trade them in for cash.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Apparently I never remembered to use that free character slot from the HoT price debacle.
So I made my first engie.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

"Please, no"

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Lonk posted:

"Please, no"

It sees my soul...

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

victrix posted:

sometimes you can use Amazon vouchers and discount codes to buy gem cards for a hefty discount

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Visidan posted:

Spot the frog.

You're welcome.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The developers really liked to use the term "pain points".

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
I will only be able to lead the first bit of the HoT hp train tomorrow. I forgot about my anniversary so I'll be leaving the train about 2 hours in. Any volunteers for finishing it?

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

You should cancel the hero point train and spend those two hours getting properly groomed for your anniversary, you goon.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Only a goon would not only spend 2 hours on a hero train but also forget their anniversary because of it

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Priapus Unbound posted:

You should cancel the hero point train and spend those two hours getting properly groomed for your anniversary, you goon.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

So is the game gonna keep getting better now or is this just a dead cat bounce?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I wanna see a dead cat bounce.

The hell kind of phrase is that?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

from what i can recall from memory Dead Cat Bounce
Tweet
Loading the player...
What is a 'Dead Cat Bounce'

A dead cat bounce is a temporary recovery from a prolonged decline or bear market, followed by the continuation of the downtrend. A dead cat bounce is a small, short-lived recovery in the price of a declining security, such as a stock. Frequently, downtrends are interrupted by brief periods of recovery - or small rallies - where prices temporarily rise. This can be a result of traders or investors closing out short positions or buying on the assumption that the security has reached a bottom. A dead cat bounce is a price pattern that is usually identified in hindsight. Analysts may attempt to predict that the recovery will be only temporary by using certain technical and fundamental analysis tools.
Next Up

W-Shaped Recovery
Capitulation
Falling Knife
Correction

BREAKING DOWN 'Dead Cat Bounce'

A dead cat bounce is a price pattern used by technical analysts. It is considered a continuation pattern, where at first the bounce may appear to be a reversal of the prevailing trend, but is quickly followed by a continuation of the downward price move. It becomes a dead cat bounce (and not a reversal) after price drops below its prior low. Short-term traders may attempt to profit from the small rally, and traders and investors alike may try to use the temporary reversal as a good opportunity to initiate a short position.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Almost as good as loving the dog.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
holy poo poo is wvw a trash game mode

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

patch looks good, finally giving dungeon incentives and wvw tracks own

might start playing again. I don't own HoT though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I won't be around on Saturday, but given the large number of new/returning goons lately and the new free 80 boost, I'd be up for running some HP trains in the upcoming weeks. Sunday missions turnout has been abysmal lately, so I might do it in lieu of that for a while?

• Locked thread