Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This seems like a bizarrely specific thing to sell, but then again I've never understood wrestling.

Wrestling fans are weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Wrestling fans are weird.

All I know about Wrestling is that they did a story arc where a coked-out space clown accused Stephen Amell, the actor who plays the Green Arrow on the tv show Arrow, of actually being the Green Arrow in real life and only doing the TV show to sow confusion.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

boom boom boom posted:

All I know about Wrestling is that they did a story arc where a coked-out space clown accused Stephen Amell, the actor who plays the Green Arrow on the tv show Arrow, of actually being the Green Arrow in real life and only doing the TV show to sow confusion.

All I know is that I got in a big fight with my uncle when I was 12 where I insisted wrestling was real because another guy cut Hulk Hogan's head and he was really bleeding.

Outside that, wrestling's the equivalent of a daytime soap opera but somehow acceptable for nerds to watch in the evening without scrutiny.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
You guys would all love Lucha Underground. It's pro wrestling produced by Robert Rodriguez (literally). Undead guys, time travel guy, actually a dragon guy, teleporting ghost girl, and all the plot stuff is actually logical and hangs together well.

But yeah all other wresting is pretty garbage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a spare Spider-Gwen MIB if anybody needs one. $20 + shipping.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

^^^Same but Venom

If anyone has Odin wave legs I still need another set for my fake Ares

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

^^^Same but Venom

If anyone has Odin wave legs I still need another set for my fake Ares

I might have those. Who did the Odin legs come with? Were they the same as the Thor legs?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yep, same legs as Odin/King Thor. Came with Marvel NOW! Thor and Iron Fist.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I have one of the legs from the Thor figure. Don't have the other one from Iron Fist through. You don't happened to have a extra Onslaught cape by any chance, as I had no interest in Cap America.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

How do you make Ares out of Odin?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I definitely have the leg that came with Iron Fist. I just need to dig it out of my 6 inch bin.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This seems like a bizarrely specific thing to sell, but then again I've never understood wrestling.

It's the exact same concept as the hasbro mashers line of figures. Kids mix and match parts and create random poo poo. Mattel just took it a step further and included accessories to so you can come up with even more characters.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JT Smiley posted:

It's the exact same concept as the hasbro mashers line of figures. Kids mix and match parts and create random poo poo. Mattel just took it a step further and included accessories to so you can come up with even more characters.

I been tempted to pick up a few of those figures at work since they would work as good generic characters.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
I want to custom build an LED Cosmic Cube for last year's Thanos BAF to hold in his open hand. I have the electronics components, but I'm coming up short thinking of a source for a clear plastic cube that's big enough to accommodate a 3mm LED, but small enough to fit in his hand. Any suggestions?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Mr. Yuk posted:

I want to custom build an LED Cosmic Cube for last year's Thanos BAF to hold in his open hand. I have the electronics components, but I'm coming up short thinking of a source for a clear plastic cube that's big enough to accommodate a 3mm LED, but small enough to fit in his hand. Any suggestions?

Hmmm.

Look up acrylic ice cubes on Amazon - what do you think of some of those?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rirse posted:

I been tempted to pick up a few of those figures at work since they would work as good generic characters.

Toys r us marked them down a few months back, so I picked up a few for custom fodder. Still haven't used them though.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Red posted:

Hmmm.

Look up acrylic ice cubes on Amazon - what do you think of some of those?

The ice cubes are too big, but clear acrylic beads from Michaels might be the right size. Thanks!

Mr. Yuk fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 21, 2016

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rirse posted:

I don't know if it matters to you but they are very light and don't have a super high quality feel. Like they won't break or anything, but it's like the difference between NECA and Marvel Legends, but another tier down.

But as I mentioned, that line offers some insanely cool accessories at 6" scale that you won't find anywhere else. I mean a loving pharaoh's mask, for god's sake.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rirse posted:

I have one of the legs from the Thor figure. Don't have the other one from Iron Fist through. You don't happened to have a extra Onslaught cape by any chance, as I had no interest in Cap America.

I don't sadly, I bought just the cape because I too had no interest in that Cap.

Cocks Cable posted:

How do you make Ares out of Odin?

Weapons/head from Ares, arms/legs/body from the Odin wave, way cheaper and you only have to pack the inside of the head with something to get the peg to not bounce around and you've got an Ares, sans that stupid logo on his shirt if you don't care for that part.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 21, 2016

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

it's like the difference between NECA and Marvel Legends, but another tier down.

There's figures worse than NECA?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

vkeios posted:

There's figures worse than NECA?

Oh, sweetie. Bless your heart. I hope you never experience a Funko 6" figure.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Did anyone pick up the new wave of Diamond Select Ghostbusters that came out yesterday? I called one of my local shops (the one where I have store credit) and they said they didn't get them, but some of their sister stores did. But the guy might have been confused, because he said they had to order them from Diamond as a set (Peter Venkman, Egon Spengler, and Dana Barrett), so they would probably only sell them as a set. That's a $75 purchase, and a deal-breaker for someone like me, who just wanted Venkman.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Did anyone pick up the new wave of Diamond Select Ghostbusters that came out yesterday? I called one of my local shops (the one where I have store credit) and they said they didn't get them, but some of their sister stores did. But the guy might have been confused, because he said they had to order them from Diamond as a set (Peter Venkman, Egon Spengler, and Dana Barrett), so they would probably only sell them as a set. That's a $75 purchase, and a deal-breaker for someone like me, who just wanted Venkman.

If you don't care for the diorama then you can pick them up at TRU this week, probably Friday. I'm checking tomorrow as that's when their trucks come.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I like the diorama, but to have to buy 15 figures to make it, and that includes doubles of Venkman and Stantz, and the Dana figure looks terrible.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I like the diorama, but to have to buy 15 figures to make it, and that includes doubles of Venkman and Stantz, and the Dana figure looks terrible.

To be fair, they all look pretty terrible.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Why cookie Rocket posted:

To be fair, they all look pretty terrible.

The Stantz likeness is pretty, but it's hit and miss whether the painting is good to go with it. I've seen both good and bad on the same peg.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
I used the newly released Nuke to make a custom Crossbones, since the two ML releases of Crossbones are stupidly expensive now.

He turned out well enough for me.

Really, I just took Nuke's head off and painted him various shades of black and gray. It was really, really simple. I wanted to incorporate the crossbones into the design somehow, so I painted Nuke's chest black and painted the crossbones design underneath the vest. I think it worked decently well. The knife is from Nuke and the gun is from McFarlane Halo Reach Jorge.

The head cast is from http://www.clayorrnotcustoms.com/

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
these are cute

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
IT's dangerous to go alone, take this

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Doctor posted:

The Stantz likeness is pretty

It looks like Bill Hader.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Louisgod posted:

IT's dangerous to go alone, take this

Aww yiss, thanks!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gonna use that bitch on some Legos awww yeaahhhh

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

boom boom boom posted:

these are cute

Where did you get those? Been looking for them since they were announced

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're up for preorder on Bigbadtoystore, and probably similar places.

Looks like they're blind boxes though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Aphrodite posted:

Looks like they're blind boxes though.

Of course they are. I hate this blind box poo poo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Davros1 posted:

Of course they are. I hate this blind box poo poo.

you get all 12 for 80 bucks

https://www.hlj.com/product/MLS91139/Gsh

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

"Please note that these are trading items and are individually sealed and randomly packed in boxes of 12 by the manufacturer before shipment to HobbyLink Japan. As a result, we are unable to honor requests for individual or specific items, nor can we promise you which one(s) you will receive in a box. Please order only if you are willing to accept any combination of the possible types."

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Joe Fisto posted:

"Please note that these are trading items and are individually sealed and randomly packed in boxes of 12 by the manufacturer before shipment to HobbyLink Japan. As a result, we are unable to honor requests for individual or specific items, nor can we promise you which one(s) you will receive in a box. Please order only if you are willing to accept any combination of the possible types."

It's basically guaranteed that there's gonna be one of each in the box

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

It's basically guaranteed that there's gonna be one of each in the box

Not really, unless theres two complete waves per case or something, but if this isn't a full case then who knows what you get when its packed by said worker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, that blind stuff is usually guaranteed X full sets per case, but not 1 per box, so that people can't just buy one box and get it all.