Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
I see nothing has changed in the last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
If these so-called "people" (welfare recipients) really wanted work then they would take charge of their own destiny for once and found their own business.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-23/condamine-river-bubbling-methane-gas-set-alight-greens-mp/7352578

quote:

New South Wales Greens MP Jeremy Buckingham has released vision of himself on a boat sparking a kitchen lighter above the Condamine River.

Holy f***. Unbelievable. A river on fire

:stare:

Is the OSHA thread still a thing? I get the feeling this guy is kind of lucky.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Murodese posted:

But if all the good posters leave then we're left with this....

EDIT: Change from within... :suicide:

hooman fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 23, 2016

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
If bill shorten becomes prime minister

On the day he moves into the lodge

I will move to Phnom Penh

That's how confident I am

Bill shorten will never be prime minister of Australia

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Negligent posted:

If he becomes PM, but never actually moves into the lodge for whatever reason, where will you move?

Darwin?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Zenithe posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-23/condamine-river-bubbling-methane-gas-set-alight-greens-mp/7352578

:stare:

Is the OSHA thread still a thing? I get the feeling this guy is kind of lucky.

I like how how the industry is trying to say "it's perfectly natural"!

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

GoldStandardConure posted:

If he becomes PM, but never actually moves into the lodge for whatever reason, where will you move?

Abbott never getting to sleep in the lodge is one of the funniest parts of his prime ministership

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Murodese posted:

Bill Shorten is now a credible opposition leader, that's new.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Negligent posted:

Well I'm definitely quoting this for posterity.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

What he thinking about?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Dreaming of a reality where he isn't a waste of oxygen?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Negligent posted:

:toxx: It, you coward!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What he thinking about?

Butt stuff

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

So given our voting system has changed, do you think we should commission an updated version of this comic?

http://www.chickennation.com/2013/08/18/you-cant-waste-your-vote/

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

Negligent posted:

Toxx yourself if your so sure

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

SKY COQ posted:

Butt stuff

no ice

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Scarecow posted:

Toxx yourself if your so sure

He's not going to toxx himself, because he's not going to follow through with it, and short of demanding he take a picture out the window of some god forsaken hellhole, how do you get him to prove he's going to emigrate there

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

tithin posted:

He's not going to toxx himself, because he's not going to follow through with it, and short of demanding he take a picture out the window of some god forsaken hellhole, how do you get him to prove he's going to emigrate there

Even if its a simple toxx for banme thread

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What he thinking about?

"And with my new budget i'll have more than enough Tears of Centrelink Queuers facial moisturiser for my chin."

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The government has announced a dental plan.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I could use braces...

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Acording to SBS news the 'new' dental plan is to strip one billion dollars of federal funding and push it all onto the (State funded) public health system. WIN-WIN! The head of the Australian Dental Association has already denounced it.

:bravo:

I know I keep saying it fruitlessly, maybe this time? Stop touching the poop. Just loving stop. OK?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I know that when I was unemployed for over a year and relied on charity to feed my family, it would have been all too easy to just pack up all my belongings, hire a removalist, buy plane tickets, put down a bond on a new house, buy textbooks for a new degree and just get a new job in a different state; but no, I was determined to make my wife stress and my kids suffer while I pursued my dream.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Cartoon posted:

Acording to SBS news the 'new' dental plan is to strip one billion dollars of federal funding and push it all onto the (State funded) public health system. WIN-WIN! The head of the Australian Dental Association has already denounced it.

:bravo:

I know I keep saying it fruitlessly, maybe this time? Stop touching the poop. Just loving stop. OK?

Some sort of long term plan to gently caress up the state health system in order to advocate for....privatizing state hospitals? gently caress I don't know.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Lisa needs braces.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Anidav posted:

Some sort of long term plan to gently caress up the state health system in order to advocate for....privatizing state hospitals? gently caress I don't know.
Because dental was excluded from Medicare it was the saving grace of private insurance. If the only way to get proper dental care is via the private insurer OR the increasingly creaking public system you either love your kids and go with the Private or selected the wrong vagina to exit and lanquish in squallor like the worthless filth you are and ever will be. This is about pushing everyone who can afford it onto private care and stripping money from the system for everyone else.

Insurance companys - rent seaking scum who will be the wall that we shoot everyone else infront of. Except we won't be using guns. Bows only come the revolution.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

MaliciousOnion posted:

I know that when I was unemployed for over a year and relied on charity to feed my family, it would have been all too easy to just pack up all my belongings, hire a removalist, buy plane tickets, put down a bond on a new house, buy textbooks for a new degree and just get a new job in a different state; but no, I was determined to make my wife stress and my kids suffer while I pursued my dream.

Yeah you really hosed up there, should have become a CEO or something.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I thought there was supposed to be 5 billion $ in new funding.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Spent it all on F-35s and a new submarine

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I thought there was supposed to be 5 billion $ in new funding.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-23/governments-$5b-subsidised-dental-plan-a-'hoax'-labor-says/7352892

All spin. Sorry.

quote:

Labor warns the plan will also see a cut in overall funding for dental health care by $1 billion over the next four years.

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten said there could also be a big blowout in waiting lists for publicly funded dentists because the scheme will also include adults with concession cards.

"This is a hoax of a plan for dental care," Mr Shorten said.

"This is the equivalent of cutting Medicare and flooding the emergency wards of Australian hospitals with more patients."

The state and territory public sector dental services are already over extended with waiting lists of between nine months to three years depending which state you consider
ADA president Dr Rick Olive
A spokesman for Ms Ley confirmed the $1 billion cut but said it came from money that was not spent under Labor's CDBS, arguing the old arrangements were ineffective and inefficient.
Phone posting from a Nokia 3110 so forgive the formatting.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Another reason (as if we needed another!) to hope for a change in government next year...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-23/safe-schools-supporters-opponents-clash-at-perth-rally/7352970

quote:

Safe Schools supporters, opponents clash at Perth rally

Police in Perth have been forced to intervene at a rally in support of the Safe Schools anti-bullying program after supporters and opponents traded verbal barbs.

About 200 people attended the rally in the CBD, including about 20 from the United Patriots, formerly Reclaim Australia, a group that opposes the program.

When tensions began to rise, police formed a cordon to separate the groups.

Safe School supporters carried placards stating the program saved lives, while opponents' placards included some arguing schools should be "places of learning, not indoctrination".

Those at the rally marched around the CBD before the event ended peacefully.

Meanwhile, the Labor Party said it would provide ongoing funding for West Australian schools to access the Safe Schools program if it won the state election next year.

The Federal Government last month announced the program would be amended after conservative coalition MPs said they were concerned about some of the material in the program, which is designed to teach children about sexual and gender diversity and stamp out homophobia.

Federal funding for the program is due to expire next year, but WA Labor's education spokeswoman Sue Ellery said the party would provide $350,000 a year for four years if no further federal funding was forthcoming.

She said this would allow any WA public high school to use the program.

"Students, teachers and school leaders support this program because it works," she said.

"I have had current students tell me how this program saved their lives.

"Young LGBTI students deserve our support and deserve to feel safe going to school. It's as simple as that."

Last month Victoria rejected the changes the Federal Government made to Safe Schools and said it would expand the program to ensure it was available at all public high schools.

Education Minister Peter Collier said his Government would not be following Labor's lead on Safe School funding.

"I don't think it's money well spent. I think if Labor want to spend money $350,000 in our schools there are a lot of other things they could spend it on as opposed to a program which is not necessary," he said.

"Now if schools want to take up the program they've got full flexibility with the one-line budget now. They can endorse the program and implement the program if they like, but we will most definitely not be funding or supporting the program beyond its funding round at this stage."

Mr Collier said there was no need for an isolated, targeted program such as Safe Schools.

"We don't have a bullying [program] for students that are obese, we don't have an anti-bullying program for students that have a disability," he said.

"We have generic anti-bullying programs that are intended to promote patience, tolerance, support, empathy throughout our school system."

Mr Collier also said the Safe Schools rally was both unnecessary and ironic.

"The irony of having a rally that turned quite confrontational from all accounts, to support or against an anti-bullying program, quite frankly is bizarre."

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
You guys seen this?

http://democracysausage.org/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

The grand mufti of Australia is suing Sydney’s Daily Telegraph for defamation over two stories and a front page it ran in the aftermath of the Paris terrorist attacks depicting him as the three “unwise” monkeys.
:toot:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

I have to admit, I had no clue where Norfolk Island was. I learned something, although sadly the deliciousness of the sausages to be found there is yet to be determined.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Cambodia is actually a lovely country. People there take care of each other and, if someone is riding a bike on the road, get this - they don't actively try to kill the cyclist. I know this might be hard to comprehend in such an advanced nation as Australia.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Negligent posted:

Cambodia is actually a lovely country. People there take care of each other and, if someone is riding a bike on the road, get this - they don't actively try to kill the cyclist. I know this might be hard to comprehend in such an advanced nation as Australia.

Yeah but there are too many Australian tourists.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Negligent posted:

Every time I see a cyclist I get this primal rage to drink beer, track him down and brutally kill him. I think, I'm Australian.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Oh gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

LibertyCat posted:

Tell me - assuming you were involved in looking at resumes - would you or anyone else EVER employ the bottom 5% of these people? The ones with a terrible work history, are totally unable to communicate, have an obvious drug problem and will probably rob you blind?

If we didn't have these kinds of jobseekers the "our economic system ensures we will never hit 100% employment" argument would make more sense.

We have centrelink. They're not going to starve. I'm not proposing they move at the drop of a hat, but if you live in one of those (as an extreme example) totally nonviable remote communities it makes sense to go anywhere else.

Your death would make the world a better place

• Locked thread