Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I like that in this game you fight both previous chosen undead in their story canon forms

gently caress you, me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

The matchmaking thing is what i figured, i just wanted to make sure. Im thinking STR 50 (for all weapons, no ringson), Dex 15 (for gundyrs, probably will save all GS/UGs for a Dex or Quality build), Endurance to maybe 25, Vitality to like 25, then pump the rest into Vigor.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Hamsterlady posted:

Between that and how easy it is to run away and chug estus 15 times forever, invading is really bad in this game, yeah.

Get good, motherfucker. Aka build your character around bursting own people in your level range.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Tried a dual-wield merc yesterday, was extremly underwhelmed by the "damage".
with 25 dex and +1 i was doing half the damage of the pyro with starter-stats and gear simply twohanding the handaxe.

Also, no parry and no kick.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I like that in this game you fight both previous chosen undead in their story canon forms

gently caress you, me!

If you're talking about Wolnir, there's still nothing to go on to suggest he is the Dark Souls 2 protagonist. Unless you count "he collected a bunch of crowns".

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My longsword waifu is doing fantastic in NG+. Hits a little slower, and for a little less, than I'd like at times but the fact I can dump any and all resin on it is more than enough compensation. The Dark Sword calls to me, the sumptuous trollop.

CJacobs posted:

If you're talking about Wolnir, there's still nothing to go on to suggest he is the Dark Souls 2 protagonist. Unless you count "he collected a bunch of crowns".

Last boss. :v:

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
I can't seem to get Greirat to pillage. I said no when he was prompting me and even when I ask him to pillage again he just sits there on his rear end and I just look at my hands longing for a zweihander. I've beaten multiple bosses since asking him to pillage. Any ideas?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Unkindled are "special"

They're undead but not really, they're not even really living. They're just vessels for the lords flames. There wasn't any in DS1 because that was the first time the fire was fading. They're probably failed Chosen Undead from previous cycles.
Reaching a bit, here, but I like this theory anyway. You could also be another heir of fire who hasn't got enough mojo to go full-on Lord of Cinder, and could have easily been another arsehole who wandered off to claim a kingdom like the other heirs or lords once you've taken a few names.

Just wait for the DLC, you'll end up bumping shoulders with NPC's who went the other way, and instead of going hollow, turned into Lords instead. :ssj:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Jesus Christ PvP is laggy dogshit. Never ever use p2p

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Nifft posted:

I can't seem to get Greirat to pillage. I said no when he was prompting me and even when I ask him to pillage again he just sits there on his rear end and I just look at my hands longing for a zweihander. I've beaten multiple bosses since asking him to pillage. Any ideas?

Have you given him the bone of Loretta?

I told him to go pillage before Vordt, then killed vordt and was hoping for a warpick.
Turns out i talk to him and he asks if he should go pillage.
I tell him to go again, kill the tree, come back and he asks me if he should go pillage.
I send him again-again, teleport out and back to firelink and hes gone, after killing crystal mage he is back and i can buy the pick.

The trigger might be changing zones, make sure he is actually GONE before you kill a boss, cause killing a boss makes him return.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Have you given him the bone of Loretta?

Yes I've given him the bone. I just got to the catacombs and I keep telling him to pillage but the lazy prick never leaves. I must have screwed something up. Maybe I'll try zoning to undead settlement/highwall and zoning back. I didn't free Greirat until after I killed vordt.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I fought The Princes and they were a rough but fun fight. Probably the hardest fight so far to get the moveset down of because of how he moved around. I liked it, probably straight up hardest fight in the game too.

EDIT: poo poo I just realized I can't get a second demon fist on NG because you can't trade boss items. I am very disappointed.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 23, 2016

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: poo poo I just realized I can't get a second demon fist on NG because you can't trade boss items. I am very disappointed.

Why would you need a second? Press the stance button to go "2 handed"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kiggles posted:

Why would you need a second? Press the stance button to go "2 handed"

I don't like the weapon art and want to parry.

Anyway is there an easier way to unlock this stupid fingers covenant? I finally figured out where the room was and immediately got shot off the rafters by an rear end in a top hat with a crossbow.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

The ps4 trophy completion percents on souls games is so insanely high compared to most games . I guess the people that buy them just don't plan on loving around.

I think since the games have this reputation for being super hard a lot of those people go out of their way for the platinum so they can say they've done it (even though none of the platinums in the Souls games are really hard, just kind of annoying/sometimes grindy) I always thought trophy wise it'd be cool if there was some kind of boss rush mode (with preset builds so you can't cheese it) that you'd have to beat without dying or something but instead they just go with 'collect everything and don't gently caress up the npc questlines'

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
So Oceiros is just delusional right? At first he is making a cradling motion with his arm and talking to his kid, but as you damage him he starts to flip out and realize that Revolver Ocelotte (Revolver Ocelotte) is not actually present. When he goes full quadruped he has obviously realized that there was nobody there to begin with.

...so what happened to Ocelotte? Did the consumed king do a little extra consuming on the side or what? The whole family situation seems a bit whack, the younger prince is the one who is supposed to take the throne despite being a sickly wimp while his brother was a badass knight, the youngest prince of all is mysteriously absent, the dad turned into a goof rear end trogdor man and the mom straight up vanished so hard the game even says "yeah nobody has any idea where she is lol"

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Nuebot posted:

I don't like the weapon art

What kind of crazy rear end in a top hat doesn't want to be a flaming helicopter man?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kiggles posted:

What kind of crazy rear end in a top hat doesn't want to be a flaming helicopter man?

One who likes to parry.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

skasion posted:

So Oceiros is just delusional right? At first he is making a cradling motion with his arm and talking to his kid, but as you damage him he starts to flip out and realize that Revolver Ocelotte (Revolver Ocelotte) is not actually present. When he goes full quadruped he has obviously realized that there was nobody there to begin with.

...so what happened to Ocelotte? Did the consumed king do a little extra consuming on the side or what? The whole family situation seems a bit whack, the younger prince is the one who is supposed to take the throne despite being a sickly wimp while his brother was a badass knight, the youngest prince of all is mysteriously absent, the dad turned into a goof rear end trogdor man and the mom straight up vanished so hard the game even says "yeah nobody has any idea where she is lol"

The mom took him obviously. Also the moms hinted at being Gwynevere? However the gently caress that works.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Was Dancer easier in the network test?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
How do I bluecop? I have the covenant equipped, am embered, at a place where bait innocents to protect and invaders are both supposed to be plentiful(undead settlement) and within the level(30)/weapon upgrade range(+3). My covenant icon is flashing but nothing happens beyond that.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Nuebot posted:

One who likes to parry.

I like to parrty.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wish you could get the axe-on-a-chain weapon the snakemen in Archdragon peak use.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Asehujiko posted:

How do I bluecop? I have the covenant equipped, am embered, at a place where bait innocents to protect and invaders are both supposed to be plentiful(undead settlement) and within the level(30)/weapon upgrade range(+3). My covenant icon is flashing but nothing happens beyond that.

be SL 80 and go to Archdragon Peak/Archives.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:negative: you can't upgrade the Dark Fist so there goes that option for a second fist weapon because punching a dude, it was doing 19 damage.

EDIT: Doing NPC round-up before I do the do and finish the game, giant buddy is just dead on the tower for no reason. This is depressing. I have no loving clue where Siegward's corpse is.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 23, 2016

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Help Im Alive posted:

I think since the games have this reputation for being super hard a lot of those people go out of their way for the platinum so they can say they've done it (even though none of the platinums in the Souls games are really hard, just kind of annoying/sometimes grindy) I always thought trophy wise it'd be cool if there was some kind of boss rush mode (with preset builds so you can't cheese it) that you'd have to beat without dying or something but instead they just go with 'collect everything and don't gently caress up the npc questlines'

There aren't really any super crazy ones either, which helps. They basically boil down to "play one character through to NG++, and a couple more as sorcery/miracles."

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If you use a ring to increase your intelligence, can you get that wizard dude back to Firelink or does he go by your "natural" INT stat?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Couldn't sleep due to medication interactions. So a friend and I decided to explore Irythil Dungeon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5GOZBTVLyo

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Inside Out Mom posted:

Couldn't sleep due to medication interactions. So a friend and I decided to explore Irythil Dungeon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5GOZBTVLyo

Oh man, your white phantom buddy sounds so loving into the game, it's great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dunk head in wax, y/n?

Come on From, who is going to say no!?!

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh man, your white phantom buddy sounds so loving into the game, it's great.

We're both having such a blast. Yhorm was quite the learning experience until we saw a message hint on the ground. Chameleon is still fuckin great.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
What's the story between Yhorm and Sieg? Also would Sieg solo him given enough time? He didn't seem to have a health bar when Yhorm would knock him across the room.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I threw down my purple sign and used the white phantom ring. At first the person tried to kill me- I am a mad spirit after all! But after rolling away and toasting at him, eventually he gets bored and I help him get going in the cathedral.

Giants! Monsters! Everything is going well. He applauds me at the end.

And at the last fog gate I backstab him.

Duty fulfilled!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

kater posted:

I didn't get it at all to be honest.

The crone says its a place/timeline/cycle where the player (or whoever) never showed up, which presumably explains the place going to poo poo. Except Champion isn't corrupted by the abyss like he is in the original? Like shouldn't that be the opposite?

I don't really know how to reconcile Ludleth saying the Eyes were what spurred him into action either. Like they can't be the same eyes, right? He's just speaking about the concept? Also does them being in Irina's place mean anything?

Doesn't Eygon say that Irina is a failed fire keeper when you first meet them? There's even something weird going on with her eyes the first time you speak to her. She could have been Ludleth's fire keeper in his version of the world.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I AM BRAWW posted:

What's the story between Yhorm and Sieg? Also would Sieg solo him given enough time? He didn't seem to have a health bar when Yhorm would knock him across the room.

Yhorm and Sieg were apparently close friends when the former was a "legitimate" ruler. Of the two weapons that could kill him he entrusted one to Siegward, and the other to the populace he ruled over. It was a contingency for when/if Yhorm went insane as well as being an attempt at countering the peoples' (perhaps justifiable) mistrust of this giant person laying claim to their city.

Yhorm's a surprisingly tragic dude.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I AM BRAWW posted:

He has a lot of health but he can die if you let him get comboed too much. I don't think the history between them is expanded upon, the most we can infer is that Siegward made a promise to take Yhorm out if he ever became a lord of cinder- Yhorm gave him one of the two Storm Rulers because he trusted him enough to go through with it if the time came. I think what you're supposed to glean from it is that everyone has their own motivations for the things they do and he's like a real person et cetera et cetera.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm finally hitting endgame on my Pyro and as far as physical weapons, I've got an Astora SS (Raw), Estoc (Chaos), and Battle Axe (Deep). Since my STR/DEX is only 12/12 but INT/FTH is 30/30, what swords should I be looking at for the other infusions? I just got Lightning and want to infuse something with that since it's the only element I don't have yet (and that final optional area could really benefit from some Lightning, right?).

Barbed SS looks like a fun gimmick but should I go with a Blood Gem to go all in on Bleed instead? I mean, the best of the rest of my options at 12/12 are what, a Longsword/Broadsword, Mace/Morningstar (another blood gem candidate?)/Reinforced Club, or is the Saint Bident any good as a spear? Or should I up STR/DEX to 14/14 for that Red-Hilted Halberd for an infusion? I'm at endgame and really am only in the low 70's for level, so I have breathing room on stats without making myself too high for the constant Darkmoon summons I'm getting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Raw Estoc/Rapier/Ricard's Rapier and Carthus Flame Arc would probably be ridiculous.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I was really surprised to see Yhorm's fuckin human face too, the trailer/intro made it seem like he was an even bigger Dark Souls 2 Giant.

I liked Sieg's storyline too. That tie-in to Greirat was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Jeez. After killing 20 phantoms in a row or so in order to get the souls needed to heal the Dark Sigil, your character starts looking like he's been in a war.

I like it.