Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

i have 4gb because im poor

If we put together all our money, we might be able to get cake attack a 16GB memory card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

ImpAtom posted:

I don't honestly feel the need to have ten billion games on my Vita honestly. I have a 32GB card and 70% of the stuff on it is just complete filler I downloaded because why not that i never touch and the other 30% is stuff I'm actively playing.

I have an 8GB for my USA account, which is good enough for me.
My JPS+ has a 64GB though, and I enjoy having the selection.
But, most of the time I focus on one or two games at a time so it is just filler as well.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Help Im Alive posted:

If we put together all our money, we might be able to get cake attack a 16GB memory card

Do that for me too. Every single time I tell myself "I'm gonna get a 16 or 32 card, this is it, watch me!" I spend the money on a game or two instead. I'm surprised at the absurd amount of PSP, PS1, and Vita stuff + patches I've managed to put in a single 4 GB card, but it also means that any 3.5 GB game (and there's so many) is verbotten.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i just started playing freedom wars this week and i like it a lot. a lot more than soul sacrifice.

the vita is pretty good guys.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I honestly probably would have been fine with a 16 or something but I like Atelier games and those are like All The Space.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly probably would have been fine with a 16 or something but I like Atelier games and those are like All The Space.

Originally thought digital games were neat but now I have regrets for not buying physical releases.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Unfortunately he doesn't have a choice when it comes to the Atelier Plus games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think the Vita probably has the biggest library of digital only 'full price' releases.

I've been wondering why Europe has been getting a lot of physical releases that the US doesn't recently though, are the games more popular here or is digital much less so? I'm assuming the latter since digital stuff is so much more expensive than physical and I guess companies like K-T make the money back from people who don't want to pay over the odds.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alder posted:

Originally thought digital games were neat but now I have no regrets

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Okay so I finally just beat Danganronpa 2 and I really liked it.

I heard Despair Girls is bad: true?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Drunk Tomato posted:

Ultra Despair Girls is a mediocre game and a bad story, as someone who liked the stories of Danganronpa 1 and 2.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Drunk Tomato posted:

I already don't like the second game and Ultra Despair Girls still found ways to make me hate the games even more, which I consider an accomplishment

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Congrats to you Spike-Chunsoft, I look forward to your other mess Burning Blood which somehow looks worse than J-Stars

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Most of the new character designs in P4 DAN are okay but Sumomo looks like a loving alien

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Haven't seen anyone mention the flash sale: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEPSVGAM

Seen a lot of people down on it online, but for me personally, I'm so happy Ninja Gaiden finally dropped. I'm even more pleased at how well it plays on Vita, plus it has aged great. Hell it even loads faster than Spelunky.

Dracula X is an absolute steal at $2.

Takoluka posted:

I will say that as much as I enjoyed AV, the final boss fight is one of the dumbest things I've ever dealt with in a Metroidvania.
What made it so dumb? It was challenging, but not bad at all after finding the right weapon(s) for it...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If I had to get one EDF what should it be

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
EDF 2 is the better of the two in every respect except for graphics.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Unless you don't have a PS4, in which case, get one. Don't you know the Vita is dead?

(You can't really go wrong with either option, but yeah, get Invaders from Planet Space.)

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Toukiden 2 is looking pretty cool, the open world should hopefully add a lot. I really really want soul sacrifice 2 though, anyone know if keiji expressed any interest in continuing the series?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Anthrovore posted:

Toukiden 2 is looking pretty cool, the open world should hopefully add a lot.

After playing the demo, it's interesting. You can run out, kill trash, find bosses in the field etc, but the standard "selection mission" thing is also there and takes you straight to the fight. The open world is neat, especially with the totally-not-a-Thorn and has a lot more terrain variation than Toukiden 1 had, but I have to wonder if there's a difference in loot amount or something if you find a boss in the world as opposed to just doing the mission.

Also I didn't try it but it seems like you can roam the world in multiplayer, so that's nifty. I'm intrigued to see where they go with it, for sure.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is the demo only on the Japanese PSN?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
As of right now, yeah. I don't think the Vita demo is out yet either, only PS4.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
I always send my high school buddy Luke a little something for his birthday (last year was a $20 battle.net card), and I guess he decided to play catch-up. :haw:
I probably shouldn't have told him that the first game I got for my new Vita was booby ninjas.

Well, now I've got both versions of this game. :v

I'm pretty curious what my other present will be. He knows I collect amiibo figures and had trouble finding some domestically, so I'm pretty sure it'll be one or more of those.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Policenaut posted:

I tried to take a screenshot of my Vita home menu to show off just how many games I have on it now with my 64GB but when attempting to link my gmail account to the email app so I could send myself the picture Google repeatedly informed me that it blocked a connection from an unsafe app.

I think you can still link to Yahoo Mail, at least you could a few months ago.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

h_double posted:

I think you can still link to Yahoo Mail, at least you could a few months ago.

I'm guessing anything native to the Vita is geting discontinued at this point. POP email should work as expected, but any of the built in apps are probably not supported. We're losing Skype in June and Google services were already removed.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

teethgrinder posted:

Dracula X is an absolute steal at $2.

Yep. Frankly the updated Rondo of Blood is worth more than $2 on its own. If anybody picks this up, can't play SotN until you find a secret item in the main game mode (updated RoB), so look that up in a FAQ. It takes like 10-15 minutes. They kind of dangle it in front of you but I can see people missing it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i just started playing freedom wars this week and i like it a lot. a lot more than soul sacrifice.

the vita is pretty good guys.

It's good but it has some weird deaign choices and IMHO isn't as consistently strong overall as Soul Sacrifice Delta. It is way more anime though.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 24, 2016

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Mr. Jive posted:

Yep. Frankly the updated Rondo of Blood is worth more than $2 on its own. If anybody picks this up, can't play SotN until you find a secret item in the main game mode (updated RoB), so look that up in a FAQ. It takes like 10-15 minutes. They kind of dangle it in front of you but I can see people missing it.
Myself and I think a lot of people played the update just long enough to unlock SoTN ... then years later I went back and actually played the update -- it's actually good, hah.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Policenaut posted:

I tried to take a screenshot of my Vita home menu to show off just how many games I have on it now with my 64GB but when attempting to link my gmail account to the email app so I could send myself the picture Google repeatedly informed me that it blocked a connection from an unsafe app.

You can transfer pictures and screenshots over CMA. That's the easiest way.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Also Carnage Hearts EXA is a hell of a thing

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

Also Carnage Hearts EXA is a hell of a thing

It's a really unique game that has really narrow appeal, but I love it to death.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Miku Expo 2016 was in Seattle yesterday, and it was pretty awesome (and really goddamn loud)! The smoothness and detail of the projection was phenomenal, and I'm glad I got to see it in person. The highlight of the show was definitely Rin and Len's Remote Control duet, which was very animated and a good fit for the concert format. I highly recommend it to anyone who lives near a showing!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

wow what a nerd

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish I could go to a miku concert

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The day I meet Miku, I will reach out for her hand and it will be real

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I met Miku once. She danced on a pizza box for me. It was cool, so I paid her in Trident Layers.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Takoluka posted:

wow what a nerd

*nods sagely*

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how miku gonna play chicago on a fuckin wednesday

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

how miku gonna play chicago on a fuckin wednesday