Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Cameron Esposito continues to prove she is insanely unfunny and interjecting her weird and untimely feminist political jargon in the middle of funny and good bits is incredibly annoying.

it seems she considers herself a voice for her people and refuses to stifle her message

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I liked her first two albums and her handholding giggly bits on PYHT with Rhea have grown on me but wow, her last Seeso special was hard to get through. She filmed it in her hometown, days before the wedding, while getting over a flu and you can never quite tell if she's talking super slowly and with a cracking voice because she's gloating so hard or because she's trying not to barf. There's a weird energy to it.

Also yeah, her non-PYHT podcast appearances are mostly rough, I tend to like her on CBB though because Scott's too silly to go into SO YOU'RE A LESBIAN AND A FEMINIST WHAT'S THAT LIKE? mode.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 21, 2016

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

GobiasIndustries posted:

4/20: My favorite I4H day of the year.

We cut to......SPAGO.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I hope the two Hollywood a list It Boys finally find their way out of the popcorn gallery. If they leave a man behind..no one ever said showbiz was easy

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

soggybagel posted:

We cut to......SPAGO.
god, everything was loving golden in the previous two

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

soggybagel posted:

We cut to......SPAGO.

That first 420 special is my favorite podcast ever. It's perfect.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ceramics posted:

That first 420 special is my favorite podcast ever. It's perfect.

HBO Go blew me....HBO Go blew me so good...

I am blown away by how well they bring everything together in the final segment, despite everyone being extremely baked. That lineup should always be the 4/20 lineup.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

soggybagel posted:

We cut to......SPAGO.

Hey Abbot and Costello. Let's just take the day off fellahs. We don't have it today...

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Wait, so who's the mole?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Loved this I4H so much. But was constantly annoyed by Besser ending the scenes. Part of the fun of the other 420 specials was that they were long and rambling and got way off track. I guess since it was live they had to be conscious of timing, but there were a couple of times I really wanted the scenes to keep going on.

e: does anyone remember which episode had the "blow me"/"below me" jokes? Was it the same one as the LBJ/presidential blowjob?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Loved this I4H so much. But was constantly annoyed by Besser ending the scenes. Part of the fun of the other 420 specials was that they were long and rambling and got way off track. I guess since it was live they had to be conscious of timing, but there were a couple of times I really wanted the scenes to keep going on.

e: does anyone remember which episode had the "blow me"/"below me" jokes? Was it the same one as the LBJ/presidential blowjob?
Yeah. Ordinarily I love live episodes since it's so gratifying to hear the laughter reactions, and them getting to play to an audience instead of 'guessing' our reactions. But the fun of the 420 scenes is just how long and hosed up they go on that they forget where it even started.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

Hey Abbot and Costello. Let's just take the day off fellahs. We don't have it today...

This is one of my favorite jokes of all time. The first time I heard it I lost my breath laughing so hard.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
for those of you who only listen by RSS feed, here's Smokin' Andy, the Weird Mall Kid:

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Last night was Armen Weitzman's annual 420/Wittels bday show. He and Mike Mitchell opened it by talking to a skeleton Harris Wittels.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Last night was Armen Weitzman's annual 420/Wittels bday show. He and Mike Mitchell opened it by talking to a skeleton Harris Wittels.

Where can I listen to this?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

padijun posted:

for those of you who only listen by RSS feed, here's Smokin' Andy, the Weird Mall Kid:

Feel it, get up get up and go crazy.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Where can I listen to this?

Sorry, it was at ucb last night.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
How was Harris's performance?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I can't believe there are people who hate Armen.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Is Armen Weitzman like a legit funny guy? I heard him on Who Charted a couple of times a while back and found him unbearable.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Golden Bee posted:

It's a good litmus of what Hayes and Sean can do when the guest gives bare minimum.

I just listened to HH today and this seems accurate to me. Goddamn they were just dragging him to the finish line.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Is Armen Weitzman like a legit funny guy? I heard him on Who Charted a couple of times a while back and found him unbearable.

Same, I've never heard him be very entertaining honestly.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
I never listened to Who Charted, but I loved Armen in i4h's Christmas Carol: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/a-i4h-christmas-carol/

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Shunkymonky posted:

I never listened to Who Charted, but I loved Armen in i4h's Christmas Carol: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/a-i4h-christmas-carol/

The Whiplash episode based around him is better.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer posted:

How was Harris's performance?

Stiff!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I heard he died up there.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

EL BROMANCE posted:

I heard he died up there.

No bones about it

Alternatively, they should have thrown him a bone

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

ImPureAwesome posted:

No bones about it

Alternatively, they should have thrown him a bone

He tends to ruin shows by corpsing.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

too soon

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I love that Mitt Romney is on the Earwolf guest page now

SMP
May 5, 2009

R2D2soon

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just your regular reminder that relistening to Kiss Me, I'm Patrick McMahon will fill your heart with joy.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

I love that Mitt Romney is on the Earwolf guest page now

It's definitely a different guest and type of show from what Earwolf has currently; I doubt we'll ever know but I'm curious if the new show (http://www.earwolf.com/show/the-david-gregory-show/) helps open up their listener demographics a bit.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

It's definitely a different guest and type of show from what Earwolf has currently; I doubt we'll ever know but I'm curious if the new show (http://www.earwolf.com/show/the-david-gregory-show/) helps open up their listener demographics a bit.

David Gregory is pretty dull but I'm enjoying the strangeness of listening to him plug The Mysterious Secrets of Uncle Bertie's Botanarium.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

feedmyleg posted:

Just your regular reminder that relistening to Kiss Me, I'm Patrick McMahon will fill your heart with joy.

Every now and then when I'm feeling down, I'll look up Saint Seamus on YouTube. It's seriously one of my favorite bits ever.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

SpacePig posted:

Every now and then when I'm feeling down, I'll look up Saint Seamus on YouTube. It's seriously one of my favorite bits ever.

Thank you for reminding me. So loving good.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The Travel Bug with August Lindt is still my favorite of the podcast pilots, but Patrick McMahon is a close second.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

whydirt posted:

The Travel Bug with August Lindt is still my favorite of the podcast pilots, but Patrick McMahon is a close second.

I'd say it's those two, followed by the first 4/20 episode of I4H and the episode of Affirmation Nation- Behind the Scenes (130) where Bob records the poem "Who catches the Dream Catcher?"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Now I want an RGD thread where everyone lists their top 5 or 10 podcast episodes of all time. Would be a great opportunity to exposing people to new podcasts by giving them a great introductory episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Jesus loving wept, Pistol Shrimps Radio is incredible.