Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I can't wait for Josuke to punch a typewriter.

It'll come back with fancy good inlay and spontaneously type out one of Shakespeare's lost plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I can't wait for Josuke and Koichi to go looking for a body and for Josuke to punch his oncoming adulthood

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Darko posted:

As an aside, Stephen King wrote a story in one of his short story collections called "Battleground," where pretty much, literally, a guy is forced to fight Bad Company. It was a pretty decent short story and made me love this Stand fight even more when I read it.

A made for TV version actually aired on TV. Someone put it up on Youtube (let me know if we can't link youtube videos with questionable legality and I'll remove it), if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eY053duzS8

I wouldn't be surprised if this is where Araki got the inspiration for Bad Company from. Dude loves his horror. Wouldn't surprise me to find out he's a Stephen King fan.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He wrote a book about horror movies and included his top 20 at the time (2011).

Zombie (‘78 director’s cut)
Jaws
Misery
I Am Legend
Ninth Gate
Alien
Ring (TV version)
The Mist
Final Destination
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Dasshutsu
The Blob
28 Days Later
Basket Case
Sleeping With The Enemy
No Country
The Exorcist
Funny Games (‘07 US remake)
Hostel
Kuraimori

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Hirohiko_Araki's_Bizarre_Horror_Movie_Analysis
Can't guarantee the link is 100% spoiler free because it's the wikia.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He wrote a book about horror movies and included his top 20 at the time (2011).

Zombie (‘78 director’s cut)
Jaws
Misery
I Am Legend
Ninth Gate
Alien
Ring (TV version)
The Mist
Final Destination
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Dasshutsu
The Blob
28 Days Later
Basket Case
Sleeping With The Enemy
No Country
The Exorcist
Funny Games (‘07 US remake)
Hostel
Kuraimori

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Hirohiko_Araki's_Bizarre_Horror_Movie_Analysis
Can't guarantee the link is 100% spoiler free because it's the wikia.

He has extremely good taste in music AND movies. Even the ones I disagree with make sense.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you want to get in Araki's good books, show him a body horror flick. Bonus points for hosed up eyes.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=366n1j2Vw2M

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Finally the Duwang sub theme is here.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dias posted:

Finally the Duwang sub theme is here.

I listen to it and get a feeling so complicated.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm really glad that Koichi had the same thought I did to throw the egg at the guy.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

If Stands reflect the soul of the user, would the fact that Bad Company is essentially just a bunch of toy soldiers and vehicles indicate that Keicho is actually far more immature and childish than Okuyasu?

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

W.T. Fits posted:

If Stands reflect the soul of the user, would the fact that Bad Company is essentially just a bunch of toy soldiers and vehicles indicate that Keicho is actually far more immature and childish than Okuyasu?

I would think it more represents his strategic and methodical mind. Bad Company more makes me think of miniatures you would use in a complex strategy game than a kid with a bunch of army mans.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

TriffTshngo posted:

I would think it more represents his strategic and methodical mind. Bad Company more makes me think of miniatures you would use in a complex strategy game than a kid with a bunch of army mans.

It also gives Keicho something to order around. Something he likes to do to his brother.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if this is gonna be one straight cour all the way through like people say, does that mean just one OP/ED? i mean i guess that would make sense if they just continue to edit/change parts of the OP as the series progresses.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're probably going to mix it up after a certain fight, I'd imagine, even without a break.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

if this is gonna be one straight cour all the way through like people say, does that mean just one OP/ED? i mean i guess that would make sense if they just continue to edit/change parts of the OP as the series progresses.

Its likely to be 3 or 4 cours, but if its 3 itll probably air all in a row

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The blu-rays are scheduled up to 39 episodes with very little leeway for a break. The current pacing though isn't really revealing how they're going to fit DiU into 39, but David haven't done much wrong so far with JoJo, I have faith in them.

They didn't confirm Egypt until there was like a month before the break either.

It wouldn't be totally surprising to me if they announce a final cour after a break to bump that 39 up.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TriffTshngo posted:

More over, it shows he's the kind of person who's willing to sacrifice others to achieve his goals.

Enough people died to the stand arrow for Keicho to recognize when it was happening to Koichi, and he still didn't hesitate to use it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

Season 1 was one straight shot and it had 2 openings, so I'd expect the same for DiU as events progress.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
If he shoots someone with the Arrow that already has a Stand, do they get a new one or just a better version of whatever they have? I assume the latter, otherwise he'd be shooting people with problematic ones.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

If he shoots someone with the Arrow that already has a Stand, do they get a new one or just a better version of whatever they have? I assume the latter, otherwise he'd be shooting people with problematic ones.

Telling you would be a spoiler

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Thumbtacks posted:

Clearly it would just be a normal arrow and therefore kill you as a normal arrow would.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Thumbtacks posted:

ohohohoho

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

You know how ever villain in JoJo gets an 11th hour powerup? Well ...

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
wink wink nudge nudge

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Alright, that's enough

Thumbtacks posted:

While I appreciate this sort of question gets asked out of idle curiosity, it's exactly the sort of question you're better off not asking because it's impossible to answer. Anyone who posts in this thread either won't know (because they're new to the whole Jojo scene) or will know but shouldn't share (because that would be a spoiler, even if the answer is "Nothing happens").

Burbo and Multijoe, your posts were both kosher, but Lamebot that's exactly the sort of nose-tapping I don't like seeing. Please don't do that in the future, thanks in advance.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you get hit by the stand arrow then your stand produces a bag of chips and a can of coke.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I assumed it would just be eggs all the way down.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

On a tangentially related note, since this thread seems fond of bursting into flame and going off the rails, I'm gonna start putting my foot down on folks I consider to be sloshing around big buckets of gasoline and lighting matches. It's the nature of conversation to wander and meander, that's fine, but every now and then we get a particular line of discussion or a particular poster whose presence is just gonna get the thread locked or stir up the community to no end, and that's gotta stop.

If you see somebody you strongly suspect is trying to start something, either by posting in bad faith, being weirdly aggressive, or deliberately bringing up stuff you know won't turn out well, feel free to report them and I'll deal with them as is appropriate - this is one of our more popular threads ATM so the ability to jump straight to trouble spots is something I appreciate. In the meantime, be excellent to each other.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Every post for the remainder of this page must be an egg or music pun.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMREoitX9pE

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

That's a roundabout way of curbing derails. Hopefully we won't be walking on eggshells for too long.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Every post for the remainder of this page must be an egg or music pun.

Oh great this is gonna be eggscruciating.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really wish people wouldn't keep egging each other on

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
egg

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

What's everyone's favorite Jojo ending song? Mine is Walk Like an Eggyptian

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Oh great this is gonna be eggscruciating.
Few yolks are easy to carry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Egg jokes are not all they're cracked up to be, honestly.

• Locked thread