Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

UglyDucklett posted:

BOOM!

And after that, I'm 3 GLO from honing Full Break!

I really wanna hone Sky Grinder for Freya, but it's gonna have to wait since its way too expensive on GLO. Having Leeching Leap, a Breakdown/Spelljump, and Def/Res Breakdown SB is more than potent enough for now.

Still having trouble with her not being very interesting, or I guess the term is "splashable", as far as characters go. Agrias and Ramza have spoiled me. They really make any physical party better by simply being in it. Freya's just kinda along for the ride in most fights, like a more finicky Cloud that can use breakdowns. I'm just glad I have a decent synergy dagger collection, she's rockin' Treeblade right now.

Once you have Full Break honed, you can actually just run her with Armor + (POW/MAG) breakdown, alongside Ramza with Full Break and your choice of ability (there's lots of good ones! Knight4 and Nin4 are way more relevant than they seem). It's not glamourous (or versatile), but it is powerful, especially with multiple other physical SBs.

Niton fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Selphie just got a really drat good BSSB in the JP version. 4 hit AoE holy damage w/instant KO and a partywide medium strength magic/mind buff. First ability is Curaja + heavy regen, second ability is 2 hit single target holy damage w/dispel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w1_kazORvY

Other new stuff posted so far:

Edea's SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDKaay7HvIg

Zell's SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcQ7whz8glk

Varance fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 23, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Spikey posted:

You have to use Dispel for mastery.

You *can* use banishing strike instead if you want and still master, but you have to not lose any other medals.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Niton posted:

Once you have Full Break honed, you can actually just run her with Armor + (POW/MAG) breakdown, alongside Ramza with Full Break and your choice of ability (there's lots of good ones! Knight4 and Nin4 are way more relevant than they seem). It's not glamourous (or versatile), but it is powerful, especially with multiple other physical SBs.

Up until now I've made due with a faux but longer lasting full break by using Agrias and Freys's SBs. For Jenova's Spell +, for instance, I'm going in with this team:

Vincent (r2 Quake/r4 Thundaja) (Devotion)
Ramza (r3 Magic Breakdown/r4 Lifesiphon) (Tailwind/Hail of Stones) (Battleforged)
Agrias (r2 Saints Cross/r4 Lifesiphon) (Cleansing Strike/Hallowed Bolt) (Knight's Charge)
Freya (r2 Armor Breakdown/r3 Leech Leap) (Dragon Breath) (Dragoon Determination)
Y'shtola (r4 Curaga/r2 shellga) (SSII) (Dr. Mog)

RW Shout

Gonna ignore the sleep condition on Jenova life and go all out on offense/mitigation so as to not lose any medals otherwise. I haven't been able to get Ace Striker yet so Knight's Charge will have to do for Agrias.

You're completely right about Nin and Knight abilities, I need to start honing up some of those now that I've got everything else I need for the time being. How is Flurry of Petals? In places with good synergy I'd like to start using more abilities that can break 9999, that's one of the reasons I wanted Sky Grinder. Shadowsteel looks nice too. I wish I hadn't broken down so many abilities from events in the past but I needed those 4* orbs at the time badly.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Irritated Goat posted:

Hi boss that requires sleep to champion. gently caress you for missing via RNG :(

fake edit: gently caress you game for making me use Cloud and Wakka cause they're better than anyone I've got :(

That fight took 3 tries to land sleep via phantasm. After silence shot failed for the 3rd time I said gently caress it and just blew up Reno because I knew I'd get all the other medals anyways. Fight took longer than Ultima Weapon because I was sitting and waiting of stating effects.

Speaking of Ultima Weapon, I ran a few more story dungeons today, including Ultima Weapon. Even in the Elite version of the fight Locke did avout 9800-9999x8 damage to Ultima in the 2nd and 3rd encounters. Agrias did about 9k per hit with her SSB as well. I'm glad for trash in that level because it was handy in making sure I had more than enough SB uses to just chump ultima repeatedly. :getin:

I'm still so drat far away from being done with dungeons. I'm only at 135 3/5 stamina right now.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
This event on the whole was pretty easy honestly (Rufus was probably the only real sticking point I had...and I still haven't tried to fight Hojo yet) and I'm looking forward to the next, as well as Combat's Nightmare tomorrow. Though I'm mauling over doing more core dungeons, I'm sitting at 141 2/5 stamina right now...but Greens, said event and mythril from refreshed dailies with the ++ introduced I haven't had a chance to (And that's saying nothing about the constant crashes and loading screens I see on a regular basis)

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Kawalimus posted:

Thank god for Cleansing Strike in both those fights though. What a top-tier ability that is. Good damage dealer, and good to use either on top of or in place of other mitigations. Also Hallowed Bolt even saw use in the Rufus fight!

Seriously, I was initially let down that I didn't get platinum sword, but it's so easy to RW shout, and agrias has become such an mvp for me now. Bosses just hit like kittens with stacked breaks/mitigation. Agrias shield was an unexpected mvp for me and she never leaves my party now. I have peacemaker too so even the shield gets equipped on lightning. :getin:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Hahahaha, wow I'm an idiot. I probably spent at least 20 minutes S/Ling ++ because my 2 uses of Silence Shell wouldn't proc on Reno and I didn't want to hone it... before realizing that the mastery condition was afflicting Silence on Rude. :downs:

I should probably stop doing anything except mindless grinding in this game late at night.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 23, 2016

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
Finally mastered U+ Hojo by moving everyone except Gilgamesh to the back row. It got really dicey near the end when he kept firing off AOE attacks at an insane rate.

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.
How long will this combat lucky draw that's happening be around? I may or may not continually have blown all my mythril at locke's blade attempts and am sitting on.. 1 mythril currently.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Ketsuo posted:

How long will this combat lucky draw that's happening be around? I may or may not continually have blown all my mythril at locke's blade attempts and am sitting on.. 1 mythril currently.

10 days with 15 mythril coming from Spring Gift and 10 from Daily Mythril - so don't spend a single one and you'll have enough by the end.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

bilperkins2 posted:

10 days with 15 mythril coming from Spring Gift and 10 from Daily Mythril - so don't spend a single one and you'll have enough by the end.

I'm not sure that works out (I think the last 5 mithril from spring gift doesn't come until after the nightmare closes?) but 5 from Spring Gift+10 from Basch+10 from login rewards will do it.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I should pretty much always pull on lucky banners, but as of now I have trouble fitting everyone in as is. Still pulling of course.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

141 stamina needed to clear all abyss content tonight, so we get an extra couple of hours' worth of stam to grind greens.

Internet Predator
Dec 27, 2007

I've strangled necks of ages with the fabric of new words. The fires were amazing. Why would you put those out?

Beasteh posted:

141 stamina needed to clear all abyss content tonight, so we get an extra couple of hours' worth of stam to grind greens.

Is it tonight? There wasn't an in-game announcement but I know it's assumed to be tonight. I forget if they had an announcement for the last one

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm currently clearing out the lesser daily dungeons for their Mythril in anticipation for Basch. I already had a good grinding session last Saturday and I have roughly 50,000 Greens so I think I'm in a good spot for the time being. Still gonna be a money spender for the Lucky Draw though.

Monday is when Greens ends. I'm going to take that time to most likely do the Elites I've been prepping for before Basch, grab a few more Mythril that way. Nightmare dungeons can wait until later in the week, they're still gonna be around. I also need to actually do Ultima Buster since I was like "ehh, nah" last time. Combat-specialty dungeons should be simple to do though.

Sunday should be Vincent and Cid getting levels, I think. Working through that backlog of future MC2 characters. At least we're not getting yet another Black Mage or Summoner in this next event, though we will in the one after... whatever. It's fine. It's fine!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Definitely will do this lucky draw even though I'm set on soul break stuff, since the opportunities for improving physical synergy is real good.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Internet Predator posted:

Is it tonight? There wasn't an in-game announcement but I know it's assumed to be tonight. I forget if they had an announcement for the last one

Kongbakpao says 'April 23' and it's always a day later at 2am here in the UK so it should be tonight. There's absolutely zero info about it on the subreddit though which is odd.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Rufus down on first try!

Things got a little dicey towards the end, since I had Tyro on full dance duty doing essentially no damage, but Locke finally took him out with a Tempo Flurry with the whole party at ~30% health.

Secret MVP goes to Tyro for when I fatfingered my soul break and cast Last Judgment instead of Sentinel in the last couple rounds because the extra 29k damage ended up being critical.

Internet Predator
Dec 27, 2007

I've strangled necks of ages with the fabric of new words. The fires were amazing. Why would you put those out?

Beasteh posted:

Kongbakpao says 'April 23' and it's always a day later at 2am here in the UK so it should be tonight. There's absolutely zero info about it on the subreddit though which is odd.

They usually don't say anything about dungeon updates either so I guess we'll see in a bit.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Are there any support characters that can also use gauntlets? I have two different Tifa relics and I'd like to reap the benefits of the 5* synergy for the extra one.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Augus posted:

Are there any support characters that can also use gauntlets? I have two different Tifa relics and I'd like to reap the benefits of the 5* synergy for the extra one.

Red XIII.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Augus posted:

You're in luck! Aside from the obvious Tyro, Red XIII has both fists and Support 5.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I tried to bring Gilgamesh to tauntaliate and then a couple mages, Tyro with power breakdown and Diaga, and Lenna with Princess Favor for heals, but I seriously cannot do enough damage to Lifeform Hojo N. Should I scrap the extra mage to bring Cloud with Lifesiphon and spam Blade Beam over and over? Or maybe Bartz with Lupine Barrage or Locke with whatever his SSB is? Those are my damage options. I have Terra as my go-to mage considering I literally have all of her unique soul breaks, so she can do decent damage with Magitek Missile as well.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I don't think mages are that great for that fight so yeah, you could benefit from kicking one. Cloud with Lifesiphon and Blade Beam sounds good, I had Agrias with that and Cleansing Strike so I guess any offensive physical SB and someone with Lifesiphon would be good.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Dr Mog is a fuckhead, don't listen to him when he tells you to go magical.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Dr Mog is a fuckhead, don't listen to him ever.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

That should be the thread title for real

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zurai posted:

Red XIII.

Oh nice, I forgot about him. Got about about 10 Manor Growth Eggs I'm sitting on, so I guess I'll level him up now.

Just now the thought occurred to me that even though there's a lot of bullshit tied to Gacha games, one of the strengths of it in gameplay is that the random element makes parties feel a lot more personalized. More or less, no two players are gonna have the same relics to pick from and each person's set-up is gonna be unique. It's kinda neat.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I have R2 Ruinga now which is nice, it'll give my mage characters something interesting to do in battle. I'm up to the point where I can handle Heroic level daily dungeons too. I'll probably run my VII characters through the EXP dungeon tomorrow and see if I can handle the dungeon for Vincent's MC.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ultima Weapon+++
Mog: "He's resistant to Breakdowns, so don't use those and stick to other things instead!"
Target Score: "Reduce his magic using a breakdown"

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I liked on FF4 Bahamut where he tells you that Bahamut will use Megaflare every five turns, so watch out! Neglecting to mention the key fact that he STARTS THE BATTLE WITH IT

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Beat Lifeform Hojo without too much trouble, but I didn't realize it only applied buffs once so I removed them with Banishing Strike instead of Dispel and only got expert. Gonna see if I can knock it out again before leaving for work and get those sweet holy orbs. I'm so close to Saint Cross R3...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I used a mage team to take on Hojo because tauntaliate is boring and holy poo poo that was insane. I barely, barely edged out a win thanks to being able to spam two separate medica abilities to keep up with Hojo's gas attacks while Rinoa used her last couple Firaja charges to take him down. If the last spell hadn't been fatal I would have completely run of out gas and died. Lesson learned: don't attempt mage meta without synergy weapons.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
At the games climax it's going to turn out Dr. Mog was the source of the drained paintings all along and was giving bad advice to try and dissuade you.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

RagnarokAngel posted:

At the games climax it's going to turn out Dr. Mog was the source of the drained paintings all along and was giving bad advice to try and dissuade you.

And all of the gems mythril you give him determines how difficult he will be at the end of the game.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
One time Dr. Mog conveniently forgot to mention that a boss would regularly renew Reflect on itself. gently caress you Mog.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Grozz Nuy posted:

Beat Lifeform Hojo without too much trouble, but I didn't realize it only applied buffs once so I removed them with Banishing Strike instead of Dispel and only got expert. Gonna see if I can knock it out again before leaving for work and get those sweet holy orbs. I'm so close to Saint Cross R3...

Aw man, Banishing Strike won't work with him? Lame...

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Augus posted:

It will, just not the way you want it to. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Augus posted:

It does, it just won't fulfill the mastery condition so you'll have to get full medals everywhere else in order to master the fight. Which I would not recommend trying considering how much health he has.

I did master it fairly easily on my second attempt knowing that, although with my entire party blinded at the end I had to wait around a bit to build up enough SB charge to take the last bits of his health off. Used the mastery rewards to hone Saint Cross to R3, but now I am almost completely out of earth AND holy orbs, so... hopefully I won't need those for a while.

• Locked thread