Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
We are presently streaming a multiplayer game with the Expansion for those who want to sit in and watch: https://www.twitch.tv/blindmindstudios

Game completed. We lost by only 76 points! (About the difference in points 1 defense platform would grant)

Firgof fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Is this expansion going to be released on GOG?

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
Yes. We got a little overwhelmed with the launch so we weren't able to get all the assets needed to GOG in time to launch today. Hopefully it'll be showing up on GOG.com on Monday.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Firgof posted:

We are presently streaming a multiplayer game with the Expansion for those who want to sit in and watch: https://www.twitch.tv/blindmindstudios

Game completed. We lost by only 76 points! (About the difference in points 1 defense platform would grant)

:smug:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I bought the expansion, installed the game and it won't even try and start. I am sad.

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
You wouldn't happen to be on an Intel chipset would you?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Firgof posted:

You wouldn't happen to be on an Intel chipset would you?

Nope, I saw that post in the steam forums, I posted my info there, but here it is if it helps. GeForce GT 640 with the newest drivers.

Computer Information:
Manufacturer: To be filled by O.E.M.
Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
Form Factor: Desktop
No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: AuthenticAMD
CPU Family: 0x15
CPU Model: 0x1
CPU Stepping: 0x2
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 3311 Mhz
6 logical processors
3 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Supported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported
AES: Supported
AVX: Supported
CMPXCHG16B: Supported
LAHF/SAHF: Supported
PrefetchW: Supported

Network Information:
Network Speed:

Operating System Version:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

DirectX Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll
Driver Version: 10.18.13.6472
DirectX Driver Version: 10.18.13.6472
Driver Date: 21 Mar 2016
OpenGL Version: 4.5
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0xfc1
Number of Monitors: 2
Number of Logical Video Cards: 2
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 3840 x 1200
Primary Display Size: 26.65" x 15.00" (30.55" diag)
67.7cm x 38.1cm (77.6cm diag)
Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
Primary VRAM: 2047 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
Audio device: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti

Memory:
RAM: 8094 Mb

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
Microphone: Not set
Media Type: DVD
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 1522147 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 220928 Mb
OS Install Date: Dec 31 1969
Game Controller: None detected
VR Headset: None detected

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
Hm. That's concerning. Tried verifying/reinstalling/turning off mods and so forth?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Firgof posted:

Hm. That's concerning. Tried verifying/reinstalling/turning off mods and so forth?

I just reinstalled (had uninstalled a while ago) to play it. I am in the middle of trying a reinstall again though. I'll let you know!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

deathbagel posted:

I just reinstalled (had uninstalled a while ago) to play it. I am in the middle of trying a reinstall again though. I'll let you know!

Nope, still won't even try to start. It says "running" in Steam for about 3 seconds then just stops.

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
Are your graphics drivers up to date? If they are, does rolling back a version or two fix it?

Also can you pastebin your log.txt? It's located in your my documents/my games/star ruler 2 directory

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Firgof posted:

Are your graphics drivers up to date? If they are, does rolling back a version or two fix it?

Also can you pastebin your log.txt? It's located in your my documents/my games/star ruler 2 directory

Here's the log.txt

code:
Loaded in 4.1 seconds
Shadow scripts: 223ms load, 1455ms compile
Server scripts: 248ms load, 4375ms compile
Client scripts: 317ms load, 5166ms compile
Loaded in 5.5 seconds
Script Exception: Object of type 'Ship' does not have component 'SurfaceComponent'.
 D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Ruler 2\scripts\gui\overlays\ContextMenu.as
  overlays.ContextMenu::void CancelAutoColonize::call(Object@) | Line 131 | Col 3
  overlays.ContextMenu::void MultiOption::call(GuiContextMenu@) | Line 1251 | Col 4
  elements.GuiContextMenu::bool GuiContextMenu::onGuiEvent(const GuiEvent&inout) | Line 292 | Col 7
  elements.BaseGuiElement::bool BaseGuiElement::onGuiEvent(const GuiEvent&inout) | Line 160 | Col 4
  elements.GuiListbox::bool GuiListbox::onGuiEvent(const GuiEvent&inout) | Line 424 | Col 3
  elements.GuiListbox::void GuiListbox::emitChange() | Line 404 | Col 3
  elements.GuiListbox::bool GuiListbox::onMouseEvent(const MouseEvent&inout, IGuiElement@) | Line 537 | Col 6
  gui::bool RootElement::postMouseEvent(const MouseEvent&inout) | Line 293 | Col 3
  gui::bool onMouseEvent(const MouseEvent&inout) | Line 177 | Col 2
  input::bool onMouseButton(int, bool) | Line 259 | Col 2

Shadow scripts: 696ms load, 1345ms compile
Server scripts: 367ms load, 3090ms compile
Client scripts: 419ms load, 6175ms compile
Loaded in 6.6 seconds
I'll try reverting to the previous drivers.

I reverted the drivers, and it still does the same thing. I really wanted to rule the stars tonight.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 23, 2016

Bettik
Jan 28, 2008

Space-age Rock Star
Bought the DLC and also a copy for a friend! Won't really have time to get my teeth into it for a little while but I figured launch sales are probably good.

Really hope this does well for you guys!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

deathbagel posted:

Here's the log.txt

code:
Loaded in 4.1 seconds
Shadow scripts: 223ms load, 1455ms compile
Server scripts: 248ms load, 4375ms compile
Client scripts: 317ms load, 5166ms compile
Loaded in 5.5 seconds
Script Exception: Object of type 'Ship' does not have component 'SurfaceComponent'.
 D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Ruler 2\scripts\gui\overlays\ContextMenu.as
  overlays.ContextMenu::void CancelAutoColonize::call(Object@) | Line 131 | Col 3
  overlays.ContextMenu::void MultiOption::call(GuiContextMenu@) | Line 1251 | Col 4
  elements.GuiContextMenu::bool GuiContextMenu::onGuiEvent(const GuiEvent&inout) | Line 292 | Col 7
  elements.BaseGuiElement::bool BaseGuiElement::onGuiEvent(const GuiEvent&inout) | Line 160 | Col 4
  elements.GuiListbox::bool GuiListbox::onGuiEvent(const GuiEvent&inout) | Line 424 | Col 3
  elements.GuiListbox::void GuiListbox::emitChange() | Line 404 | Col 3
  elements.GuiListbox::bool GuiListbox::onMouseEvent(const MouseEvent&inout, IGuiElement@) | Line 537 | Col 6
  gui::bool RootElement::postMouseEvent(const MouseEvent&inout) | Line 293 | Col 3
  gui::bool onMouseEvent(const MouseEvent&inout) | Line 177 | Col 2
  input::bool onMouseButton(int, bool) | Line 259 | Col 2

Shadow scripts: 696ms load, 1345ms compile
Server scripts: 367ms load, 3090ms compile
Client scripts: 419ms load, 6175ms compile
Loaded in 6.6 seconds
I'll try reverting to the previous drivers.

I reverted the drivers, and it still does the same thing. I really wanted to rule the stars tonight.

This looks like the download could have been corrupted. Or the install, but since you already tried multiple installs, it probably isn't. My suggestion: Delete everything and let Steam redownload and install. If that doesn't work, delete every trace manually and try again.

Edit:

It looks like something the game expects to see isn't there or isn't readable, so the game throws an exception. Could be a programming error, but then you wouldn't be the only one with this problem.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Apr 23, 2016

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Is there any way to get the improved bonuses from the special leveled planets as the First? My level 0 Cyllium planet is making me sad.
Other than that, I'm really enjoying the First.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Uuuh the level 5 Warmongering bonus broke my energy and defense generation:

Reloading didn't fix it, any suggestions?

Ed: Abandoning the attitude fixed energy generation, but not defense :(

Vodos fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 23, 2016

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Firgof posted:

Yes. We got a little overwhelmed with the launch so we weren't able to get all the assets needed to GOG in time to launch today. Hopefully it'll be showing up on GOG.com on Monday.

Ah cool, I'll be picking this up in a couple days then :)

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.

Vodos posted:

Uuuh the level 5 Warmongering bonus broke my energy and defense generation:
[screenshot]
Reloading didn't fix it, any suggestions?
Ed: Abandoning the attitude fixed energy generation, but not defense :(

Huh. Thanks, I'll pass that bug on. That should reproduce easily enough and, thusly, be easily fixed.

quote:

Curious. Jon recommends trying to lower your texture quality - your card might be rejecting the game because at one point it does try to load an 8K texture for planets.

Bettik
Jan 28, 2008

Space-age Rock Star
So I tried to watch the stream archive on twitch and realised I couldn't really made heads nor tails of it. Could you do a stream sometime where you actually talk about your thought process, where to expand and why, what the short/medium/long term goals are, what you look for when engaging an enemy fleet, etc? I really enjoy watching those kinds of LPs or streams of strategy games and kind of hoped that's what your release stream would be.

Would probably also help showing people some of the cool new expansion things.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Hi, I kind of have the same problem as Bettik. I've been banging my head against this game for a while, but I have no clue as to what I should be doing. I don't understand what my goals should be, how fast I should expand, when I should be building more fleets, or indeed much of anything. There is a woeful lack of beginner's guides or anything up-to-date on the internet, so a video or stream that'd lay this out would be fantastic.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Thirding that, I played a couple of games last year then the thread popped back up so I gave it another go, and I still have no real idea what I'm doing. My last game I thought I was doing fine, I had more territory than anyone else and a higher score in the diplomacy screen (what does that score actually mean?), then I ran out of free resources, declared war and lost my entire fleet to a ship with ten times the numbers of any of mine, with no idea how he scaled up that quickly. I have no idea what I was doing wrong that I didn't even have the budget to build a ship half the size of his.

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
Perhaps it might help to watch an AI play the game? You can press F2 at any point while playing the game to switch to another Empire and if you enter "cheats" and then "ch_activate_ai" into your console that will turn on the AI for the Empire you're currently playing.

This can allow you to watch an AI play the game while being able to override them still.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I didn't even know there was a console. I'll give that a go, but I think it's pretty poor that I'd have to resort to that to learn how to play.

E: To be clear, I'm really enjoying how different this game is compared to the MoO/Civ-likes, but I also really struggle to figure out how to play this game with any degree of competency. That's all.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 23, 2016

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
Well, I can suggest things that I do - how I play the game. But how I play isn't necessarily the way you'd play the game so you might find it awkward.

My suggestions are:
* Hit the [...] button on the galaxy screen's right side. Tick on/off the stuff that interests you.
* Use the Auto-Colonize and Auto-Import functions if you're not yet an expert on resources and whatnot. They will save your sanity and your time. Also use the Planets screen - and use the buttons on the bottom.
* Expand as fast as you're comfortable with in the early game. How much risk you want to take is up to you, but I've seen people go into the negatives in income generation and hit 1 pop on their HW for minutes at a time in the early game.
* Keep an eye on the diplomacy tab. If someone's showing as significantly stronger than you in one field, that's your clue that you're not keeping up in that area.
* Buildings are expensive, especially for food/water generation. Avoid them when possible, use them when you need to.
* Leave the purchase and construction of support ships to your Defense generation if you have any - and put your Defense generation on your fronts and where you build ships. That way you can build a ship, let the planet fill it up, and at some point come back and use it at full capacitance.
* Upgrade your support ships; even just typing in a bigger scale occasionally is enough. Also, check their behaviors - these can save your flagships' lives and are the key to battling fleets larger than yours in Strength and still coming out on top.
* Retrofitting ships to larger sizes is much cheaper than building them from scrap - and it'll keep their veterancy level intact.
* Try to keep your budget under 1M at all times if possible; if you've got that much money, invest some of it into a big ship.
* You don't have to build a ship all at once. Put a big one you couldn't normally afford in dry dock and pay it off over time. You can also export planet labors to Shipyards by LMBing them and RMBing the Shipyard.
* Some anomalies are a big deal. Keep an eye on them and Investigate them when possible; other Empires are liable to snap up their bonuses if you disregard them.
* Creeps (the Remnants guarding stuff) can be very beneficial. For instance, the Ixion remnant always guards a Remnant Shipyard, which contains 3 unfinished Ixions in various states of construction. This can be a big push to your military if you've got the money and labor to finance their construction.
* Defense Stations are a lot of bang for your buck, in exchange for not being mobile. Build them big because they have usually very little maintenance comparatively.
* Use Artifacts when you can and, if you really want to get into Artifact usage, get a lot of energy generation and use them as often as possible. Seed ships will path through the galaxy if they see a large amount of global empire energy generation and lots of artifact usage. If you have a lot of energy production and not a lot of artifacts, they'll prefer to path through your Empire and drop more artifacts off.
* If you use Pirates, they go after the weakest system with the largest amount of civilian traffic/money. They attack civilian ships, store their value in their holds, and when full go deposit it into a Horde somewhere in deep space that you can blow up. You can do this as well - blowing up civilian traffic nets you Special Funds and gives a Blockade stack to the planet it was going to which lasts until another tradeship going that same route makes it to its destination. This can let you softly choke production on a mess of worlds if you go blasting civvy traffic in heavily traffic'd space - and make a profit while doing so.

Firgof fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 23, 2016

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Here are some basics and a brief tutorial from the very beginning of the game to developing your home planet to a level 3 planet. I'm mostly self-taught so if there is something I'm missing or wrong about please feel free to add or correct.

The most important resource you have is your "budget." Without sufficient budget you'll never be able to afford the maintenance on your fleets, even if you can build them. Now the thing that throws people off is that you can't horde your budget, anything you don't spend before the next budget cycle is gone and shunted off to either influence, energy, research or defense. Budget is used to construct most everything, planet buildings, Orbitals, Projects, and last but not least Ships. This is pretty straight forward, but how do you develop your empire budget? By developing your empire. Other then the new race, "The First" all the empires need planets for a similar purpose and get similar benefits from those planets.

Planets start out as level 0. This gives them a max of 1 population, and they are able to export any level 0 resource they have to other planets. The most common resources are Food and Water but there are other resources that are level 0 and also provide pressure. The thing to remember about level 0 planets is that they are useless by themselves. They run at a loss and they have no room for "pressure" development, i.e. a 0 max pressure rating.

Pressure represents a planet's potential development. Generally you want to make sure your planet's aren't "over pressure" which basically means you are wasting resources. So how to raise pressure? The best way is by leveling up your planets. As I'm sure you know planets level up from 0 - 1 by providing them with 1 food resource and 1 water resource. As soon as a planet has those two things available to it it's maximum population will rise from 1 to 3. Once it hits 2 population, it will be a level 1 planet. Why does that matter? Well each population point does provide a base amount of budget. i.e. a Level 1 planet with 3 population will no longer run at a loss. It also raises the planet's pressure ceiling, and of course a level 1 planet can export level 1 resources. Additionally the population and pressure development buildings of a high level planet are more valuable then the same buildings and pop of a lower level planet.

Here is a screenshot of my home planet at the very beginning of a game. You can see it's level 1 with 3 population and the planet is running a 60K surplus.

Here is the same planet at 2/3 population because I colonized some stuff.

And here is a level 0 water planet that is freshly colonized.

[timg]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/450733824063833676/4F4743CA1ADBD2A3C97A71D390F2B91096C610F1/[timg]

Yikes. So overall I'm losing about 100k/budget cycle and I'm not done yet.

I also colonized a food planet, and significantly a textiles planet.

Here is the textiles planet as soon as it got to level 1.

Cool it's making money, it's also exporting it's resource to my home planet.

Now I've sent that commerce resource (textiles) to my home planet. This will apply commerce pressure to the planet which will eventually have market's be created, and ultimately raise my budget.

Here is my home planet after I've raised it to level 2 and imported 10 pressure worth of commerce resources.

As you can see it's a far cry from the meager 60k it started out as. And this is only at level 2, imagine how good it will be at level 3! In fact my budget is so good that It may be time to build a battleship (that I can now afford) and take care of the problem to my south...

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 23, 2016

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Firgof posted:

Well, I can suggest things that I do - how I play the game. But how I play isn't necessarily the way you'd play the game so you might find it awkward.
* Retrofitting ships to larger sizes is much cheaper than building them from scrap - and it'll keep their veterancy level intact.

How do you do this?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Oh and this is neat:

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.

Powercrazy posted:

How do you do this? (Retrofit)

LMB on a ship, RMB on a planet with Labor. If there's a new version of their design available, the option will appear. ("Retrofit Fleet")

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Thanks for the tips. And hey, it's not every day the creator of a game responds to you! I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
You're welcome of course. Good luck!

So who's found some Secret Projects in their games? I saw the Flare Bomb posted earlier - but there's a lot of 'em in there.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Firgof posted:

You're welcome of course. Good luck!

So who's found some Secret Projects in their games? I saw the Flare Bomb posted earlier - but there's a lot of 'em in there.

I found the instant hyperjump project.

Also why didn't I win this vote? i.e. Why was the Oko the most supportive, even though I voted 13 for the proposal and he voted 9.

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
Earlier support is weighted to be considered more supportive than later support - this makes it harder to 'swoop in at the last second' and claim 'most supportive' in a vote.
The closer to the end a vote is, the less 'supportive' your support is for determining who was 'the most supportive' - and so the more support you'll have to put in to be more supportive.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Firgof posted:

Earlier support is weighted to be considered more supportive than later support - this makes it harder to 'swoop in at the last second' and claim 'most supportive' in a vote.
The closer to the end a vote is, the less 'supportive' your support is for determining who was 'the most supportive' - and so the more support you'll have to put in to be more supportive.

I figured it was something like that but I didn't see any indications, is there a way to roughly calculate how much additional support you'd need to win? Or would it be possible to show a number next to the empire's vote that is the "true" support of the proposal?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Bought DLC, hope to have time to play it someday :ohdear:

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
Are there any general tips or outlines for making ships, like baseline thrust/supply/armor/etc. you should consider in a design, what subsystems are worth using and which ones aren't, things like that?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Firgof posted:

Huh. Thanks, I'll pass that bug on. That should reproduce easily enough and, thusly, be easily fixed.

Curious. Jon recommends trying to lower your texture quality - your card might be rejecting the game because at one point it does try to load an 8K texture for planets.

It won't even start. It doesn't get to the point of loading anything. I tried to add it to my game settings in the Nvidia control panel to change the texture quality and it won't even see the install, but Steam says it's there. I'm going to try and download a cracked version and see if it will run, if it does then something is definitely wrong with Steam and I'll bug them.

Edit: nope, the cracked version does the same thing... just won't even start.

I get this error when I try and launch outside of Steam, via the cracked version or the Steam version.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 23, 2016

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Powercrazy posted:

I figured it was something like that but I didn't see any indications, is there a way to roughly calculate how much additional support you'd need to win? Or would it be possible to show a number next to the empire's vote that is the "true" support of the proposal?

That would kinda defeat the purpose of preventing last minute swipes.

The current system means you can still swipe it up but you run the risk of spending excess influence.

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
@Deathbagel:
If anyone says they 'cracked' Star Ruler 2 they're lying. There are no protections on it whatsoever so... I don't know what they're "cracking".
I could copy to and play the game from a USB Drive if I felt like it. Heck, the game defaults to blocking itself from your internet connection if you're running the GOG version.

Be very careful with software that is modified from our original code - it could be bundled with any number of malwares.

I'll forward this back to the others on Skype and we'll keep looking into it. I'll let you know if we get any suggestions or tests we can think of you trying out.

Firgof fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 23, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Firgof posted:

@Deathbagel:
If anyone says they 'cracked' Star Ruler 2 they're obviously ignorant of what's going on with it. There are no protections on it whatsoever so... I don't know what they're "cracking".
I could copy to and play the game from a USB Drive if I felt like it.

Be very careful with software that is modified from our original code - it could be bundled with any number of malwares.

I'll forward this back to the others on Skype and we'll keep looking into it. I'll let you know if we get any suggestions or tests we can think of you trying out.

I just wanted to try a version that bypassed Steam to see if Steam was causing the issue, but it does the exact same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.

deathbagel posted:

I just wanted to try a version that bypassed Steam to see if Steam was causing the issue, but it does the exact same thing.

You could also do that by uninstalling Steam or just have Steam not running when you launch/play the game.

I'd treat that software with a great deal of suspicion and run a virus check just in case. You've already launched it so if there was anything malicious on it, it's already on your machine.

Firgof fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 23, 2016

• Locked thread