Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

All of Imoen's stuff is in a chest across the hall from yours after the prologue, and she is not coming back. I imagine that she will be the first NPC added by mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

i'm getting really excited for this mod:

That's nuts, in a good way, although I don't really see the point in jamming IWDEE in there as well since there's no continuity. I hope it doesn't fall apart.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

That's nuts, in a good way, although I don't really see the point in jamming IWDEE in there as well since there's no continuity. I hope it doesn't fall apart.

IIRC from the mega-LP of the old version it involves time travel, apparently from Irenicus' Dungeon.

EDIT: I've been trying to restore the Fire and Ice Arrows to their BGI stats with NearInfinity, but they refuse to change, or at least the enchantment bonus refuses to stick. I got the Acid Arrows to change, so I don't get what I'm doing wrong.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 23, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Kavak posted:

All of Imoen's stuff is in a chest across the hall from yours after the prologue, and she is not coming back. I imagine that she will be the first NPC added by mods.

Dammit. I liked Immoen and the whole story surrounding her and you being kind of siblings.

Okay so who do I get in the expansion

I need Cleric , a Druid, and then someone to replace Immoen whose a thief mage. I'm playing a goody two shoes run my first play through all of it.

:toot: I still got Baldur's Gate 2 and TOB to play through after this I just realized.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 23, 2016

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Thief and Cleric are one guy that you get right at the start of the next chapter. Jaheira is the only Druid, and she's in the chapter after that- don't worry, unless you do the optional dungeon, the next one is really short and easy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Kavak posted:

Thief and Cleric are one guy that you get right at the start of the next chapter. Jaheira is the only Druid, and she's in the chapter after that- don't worry, unless you do the optional dungeon, the next one is really short and easy.

Of course I want to do the optional dungeon, where that?

I gotta say this expansion is excellent. A ton of voice acting, the buildings all look fantastic, interface is excellent etc..

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

East side of the map.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Kavak posted:

East side of the map.

Can you be more specific on which map? I'm at the Ducal Palace right now.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Can you be more specific on which map? I'm at the Ducal Palace right now.

There's only one main map in the next chapter. I don't want to spoil too much.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Just got to SoD myself in my canon-party playthrough. Dang it Imoen, you don't need formal mage training you were already better at it than Dynaheir. I don't suppose the game throws another thief/mage at you? Kinda doubt it since I already have Safana and Glint.

Don't like pure thieves at all, so Safana's out and though Glint seems fine the last thing this party needs is more cleric magic (MC's a Fighter/Cleric dual, Khalid's modded to ranger/cleric for some reason + Jaheira's druid magic.)

Anyway, besides that SoD seems cool so far. Found it pretty funny that I managed to get that mage lady to surrender and then had to kill her anyway five minutes later because the Dukes couldn't resist getting their torture on.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Minsc
Jaheira
Immoen
Branwen
and Danheir or whatever her name is.

Why does your menu look like that?

I've got Baldur's Gate, Siege, and Baldurs gate 2 from GOG but it doesn't say Trilogy or anything like that.

Dynaheir and Minsc are the first companions you get back in SoD, don't worry about them. Imoen is gone permanently. It's either Safana or Glint for thieves.

Will BGT dual-class Imoen for you between BG1 and BG2? That is the whole reason she's unavailable in SoD after all.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 23, 2016

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lemon-Lime posted:

been reading more into it and they want to include it in bg as some kind of optional side-quest area, although larger of course. only without time travel shenanigans so all of iwd is taking place current bg time any time during bg1 and iwd2 stuff seems be set at heart of fury levels for a higher levelled bg2 party and adding in npc comments and talks and poo poo too.

they are running into obvious story problems though and seem to be wanting to change things to get around it. seems to be little change to iwd, but in iwd2 the 3rd part is gonna need massive work and then there's the (SoD spoilers) iwd1 connection to sod which thrown a spanner in their works

seems they really, really want to add it in as completely optional expansion with reasonable boat access rather than the crazy forced shenanigans of neverending journey bullshit and they are mostly thinking on it all in terms of ease of use for future mods. wonder how long it will be til pst ends up in that list D: (minus story, probably)

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 23, 2016

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Without the story, PS:T is nothing. That would be terrible.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Woolie Wool posted:

Will BGT dual-class Imoen for you between BG1 and BG2? That is the whole reason she's unavailable in SoD after all.

there's been a few hilarious attempts at this over the years in various mods. there was once a point where after fighting the mage at the friendly arm inn, you were forced into dual classing her when she got to level 5 or something and by forced i mean imoen would not shut the gently caress up about it until you did it. i think this was in the early versions of bg1npc though. in the end, at least for the original bgt, they changed her when you got to bg2 with no explanation, since canon wise, you were meant dual her anyways. (and i heard most people did back in 1998, hence why she was a mage in bg2? i don't know how true that is) there were a few mods too that would let you leave her as a thief with some innate magic poo poo reasons.

bgtee is probably just gonna use the SoD explanation if you don't bother dual classing her.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Woolie Wool posted:

Without the story, PS:T is nothing. That would be terrible.

yeah i know, i meant in areas to visit and poo poo for mods. which is still terrible.

there is one modder currently working on like 7 or 8 chapters set after tob that seems to be loving around through time and planes, no idea on quality.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

When does IWD 2 take place timeline wise? Because my inner :spergin: wants to put Gorion or Charname's mom in a party in another Forgotten Realms game.

And anything after Throne of Bhaal should be Baldur's Gate: The Next Generation or something like that. The story is finished very nicely, no need to go gently caress that up.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kavak posted:

When does IWD 2 take place timeline wise? Because my inner :spergin: wants to put Gorion or Charname's mom in a party in another Forgotten Realms game.

And anything after Throne of Bhaal should be Baldur's Gate: The Next Generation or something like that. The story is finished very nicely, no need to go gently caress that up.

i dunno, i always liked that idea ziets had with the pc taking godhood and trying to build a powerbase and poo poo.

i think iwd2 takes place around the time of bg1-2? i haven't played since release.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Playing as a new deity would be cool, the question is how the hell do you do that.

Icewind Dale II is set almost 60 years before Baldur's Gate.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Nah. I think it's best to leave both series separate. Let each be its own story.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I agree, though the image of a Bhaalspawn travelling back in time and making their father do a double-take is a funny one.

Did they ever explain why the Icewind Dale series was set so far in the past compared to other Forgotten Realms games? I don't mind it at all, but it seems like the only one that didn't try to stick the setting's current "present time".

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kavak posted:

Did they ever explain why the Icewind Dale series was set so far in the past compared to other Forgotten Realms games? I don't mind it at all, but it seems like the only one that didn't try to stick the setting's current "present time".

I think because only spergs would realize it's set in the past (i.e. 2E setting, despite using 3E mechanics). Unless you really know your Realms lore, the only thing that might tip off a casual Realms fan is the stuff about Bane and Xvim.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yea I don't care if you spoil it. Are you talking about the world map? LolIve just been doing quests.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Kavak posted:

I agree, though the image of a Bhaalspawn travelling back in time and making their father do a double-take is a funny one.

The Ten Towns were overrun with Drizzt and his companions in the IE games contemporary present day Realms time.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay

Kavak posted:

I've always liked the idea of BG's PC being CHARNAME's grandkid or something.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Leaving aside the strong possibly that CHARNAME was gay, or didn't romance anyone, or just didn't want kids.

I do not understand Beamdog's obsession with resurrecting the franchise beyond cashing in on nostalgia. It was a good, complete story that should have been left alone.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Because people want more IE dungeon crawling? The story isn't really that important if the dungeons are cool and the combat is fun.

E: except Torment

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 23, 2016

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Leaving aside the strong possibly that CHARNAME was gay, or didn't romance anyone, or just didn't want kids.
This is the Realms. Those first two don't in any way rule out having children.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

The Ten Towns were overrun with Drizzt and his companions in the IE games contemporary present day Realms time.

So? That's just an excuse to have another game where you can get him killed!

Cythereal posted:

I do not understand Beamdog's obsession with resurrecting the franchise beyond cashing in on nostalgia. It was a good, complete story that should have been left alone.

I don't think BG III is actually going to happen- they tried it once and it died the same death as Van Buren Fallout 3. They're far more likely to do another setting like Dragonlance or Dark Sun according to Oster.

I am glad that the Interplay BG III didn't happen, mostly so I can imagine that the entire plot was based off Led Zeppelin lyrics.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Kavak posted:

They're far more likely to do another setting like Dragonlance or Dark Sun according to Oster.

I am 100% into the idea of a Dark Sun IE game so long as I can have a party composed entirely of Thri-kreen.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Kavak posted:

So? That's just an excuse to have another game where you can get him killed!

I don't think BG III is actually going to happen- they tried it once and it died the same death as Van Buren Fallout 3. They're far more likely to do another setting like Dragonlance or Dark Sun according to Oster.

I am glad that the Interplay BG III didn't happen, mostly so I can imagine that the entire plot was based off Led Zeppelin lyrics.

Where is this dungeon you speak of???

Setting it in Dark Suns would be amazing

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Emong posted:

I am 100% into the idea of a Dark Sun IE game so long as I can have a party composed entirely of Thri-kreen.

Now I want the ability to name your party like an mmo guild so I can have "I am green with evil" as my lawful evil thrikreen party.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Where is this dungeon you speak of???

It's in a cave on the east side of the map in Chapter 8.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
What NPCs don't transfer to SoD? I've got charname, ajantis, kivan, branwen, aleema or whatever that halfing thief's name is and neera.

Edit: nm

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 23, 2016

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Minsc, Dynaheir, Khalid, Jaheira, Dorn, Rasaad, Baeloth, Viconia, Edwin, Safana, and Neera. That's it.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Molybdenum posted:

Edit: can you dual class into bard (blade specifically)?

No.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Kavak posted:

It's in a cave on the east side of the map in Chapter 8.

Ah I'm still in Baldurs Gate

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Terrible Opinions posted:

This is the Realms. Those first two don't in any way rule out having children.

Oh, I know. I've been dragged back to writing the BG2 component of Valerie, a NPC mod who's exclusively gay. She confirms that if Charname wants kids it's no great feat of magic. Her justification for it is that the spell was originally developed for infertile noble and royal couples, but has since found other applications. :v:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Oh, I know. I've been dragged back to writing the BG2 component of Valerie, a NPC mod who's exclusively gay. She confirms that if Charname wants kids it's no great feat of magic. Her justification for it is that the spell was originally developed for infertile noble and royal couples, but has since found other applications. :v:

Is the mod community still active for the original games, then?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

flashman posted:

When using triggers and sequencers can I have both minor trigger and spell trigger or is it one of the spells called trigger and one called sequencer I'm allowed. It's worded a bit weird.
You can have both a Minor Sequencer and a Spell Sequencer.
Same for Contingency and Chain Contingency.
You can have one of each spell-storing spell up, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Where the gently caress is my Birthright Infinity Engine game, Beamdog????