Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Colour me intrigued by your list. Would you care to post it in detail?

Lothal Rebel — VCX-100 35
Accuracy Corrector 3
Autoblaster Turret 2
"Chopper" 0
Hera Syndulla 1
Ship Total: 41

Dash Rendar — YT-2400 36
Push the Limit 3
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Kanan Jarrus 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Outrider 5
Ship Total: 58

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, HLC can deal crits off a target lock?

Yup, you only turn crits to hits immediately after the initial roll. Dash likes target locks slightly more than focus tokens for just that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Orvin posted:

Yup, you only turn crits to hits immediately after the initial roll. Dash likes target locks slightly more than focus tokens for just that reason.

That's super important to know. Thanks.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
We finally get our first regional here, the store has announced the prize tiers, except every prize is one less than usual. Acrylic rulers for 1-3, dice for 1-7, and tokens for 1-15. Seems like a dick move.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

hoiyes posted:

We finally get our first regional here, the store has announced the prize tiers, except every prize is one less than usual. Acrylic rulers for 1-3, dice for 1-7, and tokens for 1-15. Seems like a dick move.

Tell on them IMO

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Yeah you can't get much more blatant about there being someone involved who wants a set of everything for themselves/a buddy/ebay. Definitely something to blow the whistle on.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Yeah, the store's in another city, we've asked a guy there to double check if it wasn't a mistake first. I was under the impression that there was additional prizes in each kit (top 16 level maybe?) for the TOs to discourage stuff like this.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

There is. TO gets a copy of everything. That's how they gave the 9th place guy in Roanoke the dice.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Snitches get riches.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Roll me 3 was a modified win for me. I was up against Palp shuttle, O Leader, Wampa and Carnor Jax. I made a couple of minor mistakes that might have kept my rebel alive another round or two. It ended up being a shield less Dash against an un damaged O Leader. I played for time to keep O Leader from donut holing Dash, but he managed to get a single damage in before time.

4th game was almost a literal mirror match. My opponent had the same dash, but had a dorsal turret, fire control system, Hera and Zeb on his rebel. The first round of the joust I did way more damage to his rebel than mine took, but dash got bumped on the second round of firing, so I wasn't able to kill his rebel before it fired at mine. After both rebels were dead, it was a match of undamaged Dashes. My opponent had initiative, so he forgoed using his focus token a couple of shots to save for defense. In the end my dice were just a little better and I finished with a win.

I thin one more win gets me to the cut.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So I got this from the sweet Star Wars card trader app. 1:215 :cool:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I painted my Decimator today. Was going for a WW1 "dazzle camouflage" kind of look.

http://chattypics.com/files/iPhoneUpload_8d9ehfvq7m.jpg

http://chattypics.com/files/iPhoneUpload_rwvvwnckn0.jpg

http://chattypics.com/files/iPhoneUpload_ir2rnnvxe3.jpg

http://chattypics.com/files/iPhoneUpload_bx2o27h2z4.jpg

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Nice! I've always wanted to have my Decimator painted up with dazzle camo, too - looks good!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

That's gorgeous.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I got the win I needed, but I feel pretty bad about it. In the 6th round, it was against the exact same list as my first round. On the third action phase, he advanced sensor boosts with IG88 that points him towards the edge of the map. He had placed a 4K turn on his dial instead of an S-Loop and flew right off the board. At that point I was in position to finish off Manaroo for the win.

A small part of me wanted to let him undo the boost, and in a friendly or even league game I would have. But I figured with this being a tournament setting, I was just going to keep my mouth shut.

After my 5th round being another identical Palp/Carnor/O Leader/Whampa, I hope I never see O Leader again. I have to learn to put damage on him when possible, as it is impossible

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

You should be able to negotiate in those situations.

"I'll let you change your dial if you put two crits on IG-88".

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I fly Aggressors and I legitimately didn't know that they had a K-Turn until just now.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Some Numbers posted:

I fly Aggressors and I legitimately didn't know that they had a K-Turn until just now.

This is one of the bonus features of the dial upgrade kits

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Some Numbers posted:

The 4k is great. Nobody expects the 4k, they expect the Sloops.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I mean, that's fair, but I feel like 3 speed S-Loops are pretty superior.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

How's this for an imp list? Don't have imp aces sadly so this is to try out some new toys. 100 points so initiative could kick my butt.

Baron of the Empire (19)
Expert Handling (2)
Advanced Homing Missiles (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Stealth Device (3)

"Echo" (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Gunner (5)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

I mean, that's fair, but I feel like 3 speed S-Loops are pretty superior.

Well, you're probably using an S-Loop most of the time, but it's certainly nice to have the option to do the 4K.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

How's this for an imp list? Don't have imp aces sadly so this is to try out some new toys. 100 points so initiative could kick my butt.

Baron of the Empire (19)
Expert Handling (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Stealth Device (3)

"Echo" (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Gunner (5)

I'm guessing you probably don't have a Gozanti (for Kallus on Whisper), but I'd probably drop the Gunner on Whisper to turn the Baron of the Empire into Valen Rudor or Inquisitor. If you have a second Push the Limit it'd probably be much better to have Inquisitor with that and to drop Gunner and the ordnance on the TAP. If not, VI is solid on Inquisitor too, if not as versatile.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

So folks who've been playing Scum lately, I've been trying to think of some just for funsies lists for practice since I've pretty much done nothing with them since shortly before Wave 7. Something along these lines look like it won't get completely hosed?

Zuckuss (28)
Veteran Instincts (1)
4-LOM (1)
Electronic Baffle (1)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
Mist Hunter (0)

Talonbane Cobra (28)
Lone Wolf (2)
Cloaking Device (2)

Binayre Pirate (12)
Proton Rockets (3)
Glitterstim (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Binayre Pirate (12)
Proton Rockets (3)
Glitterstim (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 99

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Long flip maneuvers (k-turns, sloops, trolls) have, in my mind, a pretty distinct advantage over the short versions: they're usually red maneuvers, and red maneuvers degrade the combat performance of your ship. Better to be far away from the enemy when you're most vulnerable. Advanced Sensors or non-red flip maneuvers obviously alter that calculation, but if you don't have those...

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Baron of the Empire (19)
Expert Handling (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Stealth Device (3)

"Echo" (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Gunner (5)

No Autothrusters on Soontir makes him an easy target.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I would take Thrusters before I took Stealth Device. Point of fact, I'm kind of liking AT/TC Soontir a little more, since he's a bit less impotent if he ends up as your game-closer.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I get the distinct impression Autothrusters aren't available to Sushi, else the TAP and Soontir both would have them.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

He should take a playing card and scrawl "autothrusters" on it.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Otisburg posted:

He should take a playing card and scrawl "autothrusters" on it.

How's he gonna fit it in a mini-american sized card sleeve, huh mister? :colbert:

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Turns out the Chicago regional had something like $2200 in prize support for the event. It was a $15 entry fee with 120 people, but it is still pretty cool of the store. The top 16 get various amounts of store credit based on how the finish, in addition to the kit contents. Everyone else got to pick through a mountain of ships, template holders, older alt art cards. Everyone that stuck around to the very end were going to get at least something.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Orvin posted:

I got the win I needed, but I feel pretty bad about it. In the 6th round, it was against the exact same list as my first round. On the third action phase, he advanced sensor boosts with IG88 that points him towards the edge of the map. He had placed a 4K turn on his dial instead of an S-Loop and flew right off the board. At that point I was in position to finish off Manaroo for the win.

A small part of me wanted to let him undo the boost, and in a friendly or even league game I would have. But I figured with this being a tournament setting, I was just going to keep my mouth shut.

After my 5th round being another identical Palp/Carnor/O Leader/Whampa, I hope I never see O Leader again. I have to learn to put damage on him when possible, as it is impossible

Did you make the cut? I took a similiar list and only got 4-2.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Orvin posted:

Turns out the Chicago regional had something like $2200 in prize support for the event. It was a $15 entry fee with 120 people, but it is still pretty cool of the store. The top 16 get various amounts of store credit based on how the finish, in addition to the kit contents. Everyone else got to pick through a mountain of ships, template holders, older alt art cards. Everyone that stuck around to the very end were going to get at least something.

I wish I had looked into it sooner, the MKE regional looks like a complete money-grab, comparatively (and I'm not going to that one).

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Whelp just got back from regionals, as a rather new player my impressions are this: Large base ships are bullshit and Build XWings a 1 Hard and Make Jumpmasters Pay For It. Make XWings Great Again.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

We're going to build a wall around Tatooine, and make the Hutts pay for it.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
The Outer Rim is forcing their most unwanted people into the Empire. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

zVxTeflon posted:

Did you make the cut? I took a similiar list and only got 4-2.

Yup, I did make the cut. I really want to win the first round to get the dice. Those look amazing.

I don't know if it made the cut, but the last round I saw a 4x Rookie (T-65) with R2 & IA, and a Bandit Squad at one of the top tables. So massed X-Wings can work.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Eimi posted:

Whelp just got back from regionals, as a rather new player my impressions are this: Large base ships are bullshit and Build XWings a 1 Hard and Make Jumpmasters Pay For It. Make XWings Great Again.

The Jumpmaster is the only ship that makes me feel straight up insecure as a T65 player. For 4 more points than my useless rookie you get 4 extra hit points, a PWT, a crew slot, a large base barrel roll (!), Predator resistance, an extra torpedo slot, a fuckin' EPT, an illicit slot, and a dial that looks like what?

The 2 die attack is, admittedly, a real big weakness.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I mean it's not any better than Poe/Red Ace/Biggs, but I kind of want to buy a Falcon and just run Han and Luke.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

General Battuta posted:

The Jumpmaster is the only ship that makes me feel straight up insecure as a T65 player. For 4 more points than my useless rookie you get 4 extra hit points, a PWT, a crew slot, a large base barrel roll (!), Predator resistance, an extra torpedo slot, a fuckin' EPT, an illicit slot, and a dial that looks like what?

The 2 die attack is, admittedly, a real big weakness.

I mean, I'm not suggesting that I'm some kind of X-Wing Master or something but I pretty solidly spanked the last triple Scout list I played. Admittedly I'm playing XXY so I'm not up there with the XXX purists, but Wes Janson does terrible things to someone counting on a token to let them lob their ordnance downrange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Devlan Mud posted:

I get the distinct impression Autothrusters aren't available to Sushi, else the TAP and Soontir both would have them.

Ah! I do have autothrusters. I don't have the Imperial Assault Carrier set yet, so maybe more like this? Or should I drop expert handling and put something else on The Inquisitor?

The Inquisitor (25)
Expert Handling (2)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)

"Echo" (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)

Still not at the point where I can see how the different upgrade cards synergize with pilot and squad abilities, but reading this thread has been super helpful. When I first started wangin' this thread was like reading stereo instructions. EPT, PTL, Doomshuttle, Stresshog, Fat Han, etc.

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 24, 2016

• Locked thread