Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=402

Looks like the Persona 5 news got out early.

July 8th 2016

PS4 and PC

E: They were hacked. See below.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
Oh poo poo, I had no idea that Alienation has loot in it. With that and the insane amount of pretty particle effects flying around, that thing may push so many buttons on my lizard brain.

Some recent footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSU8wc7iBQM

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dehry posted:

http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=402

Looks like the Persona 5 news got out early.

July 8th 2016

PS4 and PC

what

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

The posting is dated 05.05.2016 so when the countdown is supposed to end.

Amazing.

gently caress its a fake.

Sprat Sandwich fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 23, 2016

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Should have been a picture of an old Japanese woman.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Follow That Fish! posted:

Oh poo poo, I had no idea that Alienation has loot in it. With that and the insane amount of pretty particle effects flying around, that thing may push so many buttons on my lizard brain.

Some recent footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSU8wc7iBQM

someone should make a thread since its so online coop/invasion focused.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

It's a old WoW style MMO that feels similar to Skyrim and is full of ES lore and characters. I dumped a billion hours into Skyrim and ESO generally scratched that itch as a solo player.

Ah, gotcha. I'm glad there are folks out there enjoying it, then! I suppose the upside to it not being sub-based is that you can always jump back in whenever

fivegears4reverse posted:

People who work at videogame companies are not allowed to like videogames anymore.

Beep. Boop. Correct. I have now completed my PlayStation-mandated number of weekly positive comments in the PlayStation thread about PlayStation games. Shutting... downnnnnn...

Attitude Indicator, if you've got a beef with my opinions on something or feel they're somehow tainted by where I work, feel free to call me out on it directly. I was careful not to talk about anything in the Beta that's specific, because, as Reverse Centaur said, there is an NDA in place, but do you honestly think that the decade of posts here prior to me starting at PlayStation was some sort of elaborate ruse to fool people into somehow liking poo poo too or something? I love this medium, and like to share my enthusiasm about it when there's something I enjoy.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

SamBishop posted:

Ahhhhhhh... AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! This is the best day. It's Friday. I can claw back a couple of days of free time from the vortex that is work, but moreover, my Vive is arriving next week and I got my Mirror's Edge Catalyst Beta e-mail this morning.

I'm only just past the intro, but there is seriously something about Magnus Birgersson's music that taps into some primal, cut-through-the-stress-and/or-bullshit state of my mood that is just... sublime. The waves of frisson that washed over me as the main theme played while the titles pulled up weren't quite as impactful as the original game, but it was still goosebumps all the same.

I played a little of the game at work, but people were constantly pinging me or doing desk drive-bys and I didn't get a chance to fully appreciate the intro as a contiguous piece, but the familiarity I built up even in the first 10-15 minutes made an impact; I flew through the intro/tutorial when I got home and my reservations about the changes to the controls have largely disappeared.

I didn't realize how much I wanted/needed this game. The delay was crushing just as a temporal fact, but now it hurts me in a way I didn't fully realize: in a few days, this little taste of the game is going to be gone, and I really, REALLY loving hate that. For this weekend, though, Faith and I are going to explore the poo poo out of whatever little slice of the city there is.

I loving love video games so much. What a perfect way to start the weekend.

I actually like this post very much for how genuine it is. Folks excited about video games are always great.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Dishonoured and Sleeping Dogs remasters are obvious lazy ports, but for those prices I'll get them just for the convenience.

Also, since I had the nerve to buy a new computer Sony does not let me use my Sony Rewards account and I don't think I'd set up a security question - does anyone have any idea if I can use my Sony Rewards account without calling them or is that really the only way?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SamBishop posted:

Attitude Indicator, if you've got a beef with my opinions on something or feel they're somehow tainted by where I work, feel free to call me out on it directly. I was careful not to talk about anything in the Beta that's specific, because, as Reverse Centaur said, there is an NDA in place, but do you honestly think that the decade of posts here prior to me starting at PlayStation was some sort of elaborate ruse to fool people into somehow liking poo poo too or something? I love this medium, and like to share my enthusiasm about it when there's something I enjoy.

You just keep doing you Sam. A lot of posters in this thread are just jaded cunts that are not worth listening to, the rest don't know how to form an opinion on their own. :)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I always wanted Tembo The Badass Elephant. I'll play you when I need to cool off of Dark Souls.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I made an alienation thread for hype posting about this game out on tuesday

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773354&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post459071016

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Oh man, Bladestorm Nightmare for $24, kill zones for $8.. I can either get games or order pizza :|

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Danith posted:

Oh man, Bladestorm Nightmare for $24, kill zones for $8.. I can either get games or order pizza :|

Kill Zone was okay-ish when releases were thin on the ground. At this point I'd probably take the pizza instead.

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Danith posted:

Get pizza.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Never felt much for Helldivers but I still enjoy Dead Nation a bunch, the pre-release opinion is surely that I would enjoy a purchase of Alienation?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MrLonghair posted:

Never felt much for Helldivers but I still enjoy Dead Nation a bunch, the pre-release opinion is surely that I would enjoy a purchase of Alienation?

helldivers doesn't share much in common with alienation besides perspective and shooting mechanics from what i can tell. Alienation is much more of a dead nation 2 crossed with diablo situation.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It doesn't look like Alienation will have friendly fire, which was a pretty big deal in Helldivers, whose gameplay was usually team mates loving things up for each other.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Alienation is going to be good.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

Alienation is much more of a dead nation 2 crossed with diablo situation.

Oh shiiiiiit I guess I gotta check out some Alienation videos then. I assumed it was gonna be basically Dead Nation 2 just with aliens.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its a full on loot game. my thread is full of the recent videos

post there out of pity since it has no replies :(

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773354&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post459071016

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 23, 2016

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I feel lovely saying this, but that game screams PS+ in a couple months to me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamBishop posted:

Beep. Boop. Correct. I have now completed my PlayStation-mandated number of weekly positive comments in the PlayStation thread about PlayStation games. Shutting... downnnnnn...

Praising a game that's also on PC and Xbone is clever misdirection, but we're on to you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

yeah a number of spring preorder sale games last year made it onto ps+ (like hell divers and galak z), and several housemarque games have been ps+ in the past.

i skipped all the other spring sale games like salt and sanctuary and invisible inc etc to get in on this game because its going to rule real hard and i want to play it also housemarque deserves my money after how much i played reso non stop.

hope it does go free this winter so i can get back into it a second time with new friends

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 23, 2016

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Alienation looks amazing. One thing that I really appreciate about Housemarque is that it feels like they try and build a game that's really fun first, then go over and give it outstanding graphics. I'm pretty broke right now, but goddamn do I wanna support them. Also a free theme is a cherry on top.

Edit:V That sounds like it is pretty cool I might say screw it and get it. V

Watrick fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 23, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Watrick posted:

Also a free theme is a cherry on top.

its really cool too. it looks static on the main line of the dash but when you go up to the top bar with notifications or whatever it pans way up to the sky where there are saucers pumping out drop ships in the invasion.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A little late to the party but I finished Dark Souls 3 and man what a game. Definetly the most fan servicy/least original thing in the series, but it just does all of the things you would want it do do well. probably the best thing they have done that doesn't have blood in the name and I think it even beats bb in some regards.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dark souls 3 has the best level design in the series, tho it really drops the ball on some of the boss runbacks because they can be horrendous. it's the one game in the series where there isn't a single bad level in the bunch, and that's pretty impressive for a 40 hour game. bloodborne is by far the most fun to actually play for me tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

A little late to the party but I finished Dark Souls 3 and man what a game. Definetly the most fan servicy/least original thing in the series, but it just does all of the things you would want it do do well. probably the best thing they have done that doesn't have blood in the name and I think it even beats bb in some regards.

its really good. definitely the one i'm going to go back to when i want to play a souls game in the future.
i thought i would hate he linearity but its just so well done. instead of one hub its a series of small inflection points like crucifixion woods that gives you lots of choice about what to do and in what order while keeping the player moving in the right direction at all times. its not a triumph of world design like anor londo was but its all the best parts of souls levels remixed and that's pretty good.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

dark souls 3 has the best level design in the series, tho it really drops the ball on some of the boss runbacks because they can be horrendous. it's the one game in the series where there isn't a single bad level in the bunch, and that's pretty impressive for a 40 hour game. bloodborne is by far the most fun to actually play for me tho

Smouldering Lake is a bit of a chore but it's nowhere near the depths of misery plumbs by places like Lost Izalith or the Shrine of Amana.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i could see izalith being an issue at launch of dark souls but if you play it now it takes like 20 mintues to run and get to bed of chaos and it saves your bed of chaos progress after you die so i don't see it as a problem beyond the copy pasting of the enemies in a way that seems more contrived than in other levels.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's an awful level no matter what you know about it. being able to get through it quickly doesn't change that. that's like saying that the bed of chaos isn't bad when it seriously is

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i could see izalith being an issue at launch of dark souls but if you play it now it takes like 20 mintues to run and get to bed of chaos and it saves your bed of chaos progress after you die so i don't see it as a problem beyond the copy pasting of the enemies in a way that seems more contrived than in other levels.

It's not hard, just really poorly designed. Smouldering Lake is also kind of badly designed, in that it's just a series of rocky corridors too tight to escape from most enemies (who drop piddly amounts of souls, for some reason) and a lava pit here and there.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. The level design is really what impressed me the most. People call it linear, but it's only really (sort of) linear in a macro sense. What I like is having 5 different immediate paths to choose from and mulling over which one to take first, which DS3 does better than any of them.

I would maybe still lean towards Bloodborne by just a hair because I like gameplay/bosses/theme so much, but it's honestly a really hard choice. I just like them both so much. If they are actually serious about not making Souls style games anymore I'm glad that we at least got to go out on 2 really good ones that I will play on and off for years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

I decided from day one when the PS4 came out not to buy anything digital exclusive, and so far my policy has paid off. Everything i've wanted has been a PS+ title eventually. I've only ever made like two exceptions.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm generally the same way but sometimes i get one anyway as a treat to myself.

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's an awful level no matter what you know about it. being able to get through it quickly doesn't change that. that's like saying that the bed of chaos isn't bad when it seriously is

i didn't say it wasn't a bad fight. its just not an issue because i do it first real quick after lordvessel and then go kill giant bone dogs in the dark in the sweet as gently caress tomb of giants. lots of games have much worse than a lazy level

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 23, 2016

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm stuck in some kind of infinite loop to confirm my preorder on PSN with a password, and every time I click OK, the page just reloads with the prompt. Any idea what the hell is going on?

EDIT: Works on Mobile Safari, weird. I even tried Incognito with a blockers disabled in Chrome.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 23, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ufarn posted:

I'm stuck in some kind of infinite loop to confirm my preorder on PSN with a password, and every time I click OK, the page just reloads with the prompt. Any idea what the hell is going on?

psn store is bad. if you are on webstore try console and vice versa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone want to try and sell me on sleeping dogs? I played it for about an hour back when it came out and didn't see the appeal, but I want to know why goons like it so much.

Also, is the ps4 version actually bad or is it just not improved from the last gen version?

• Locked thread