Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

make another good enemy territory game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think it would be funny if a game heavily advertised itself on having "old school mechanics" and then you can find a room with a bunch of old dudes drinking beer and talking about cars and it's otherwise a totally modern game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A horror game that takes place in a very old school.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A first person shooter where the elderly population is revered and seen as super hip by today's youth.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope everybody is having a good day today!!

I am doing ok, and I am going to play video games today and enjoy them and I hope everyone else is able to have the same kind of enjoyable experience!!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I am enjoying Grandia 2 but it seems like my Wii U pro controller has an issue with the left stick. It keeps getting stuck slightly to the left so Ryudo keeps walking to the left :<

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Since it's been about a week have people found the flaws in DS3 yet like they did with DS2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Since it's been about a week have people found the flaws in DS3 yet like they did with DS2

Yes, people are aware of the flaws in DS3 and it's a fantastic game despite them. Just like DS2.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I meant more to ask what they are

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just wanna know if DS3 has anything comparable to "go into windmill, go up elevator in windmill, appear in vast expanse of lava" cause that poo poo was fuckin hilarious I ain't even mad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I just wanna know if DS3 has anything comparable to "go into windmill, go up elevator in windmill, appear in vast expanse of lava" cause that poo poo was fuckin hilarious I ain't even mad

It doesn't, sorry.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No biggie

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ciaphas posted:

I meant more to ask what they are

Go to the thread. And I"m not being snarky, everyone has their own ideas of what they dont' like

Bosses are too easy. Sword and board is too easy. Enemies are too hard. PVP sucks. Too many estus flasks.

Magic is not good til mid game. Game is too linear.

That's off the top of my head in what they brought up about in the souls thread.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Man last night I had a dream that I was playing Sleeping Dogs 2 and it was loving incredible, huge and detailed and insanely fun and was widely being touted as one of the greatest games ever made.

But Sleepy Dogs 2 does not exist :smith:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Mister Adequate posted:

Man last night I had a dream that I was playing Sleeping Dogs 2 and it was loving incredible, huge and detailed and insanely fun and was widely being touted as one of the greatest games ever made.

Don't remind me.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Shindragon posted:

Go to the thread. And I"m not being snarky, everyone has their own ideas of what they dont' like

Bosses are too easy. Sword and board is too easy. Enemies are too hard. PVP sucks. Too many estus flasks.

Magic is not good til mid game. Game is too linear.

That's off the top of my head in what they brought up about in the souls thread.

I did, there were no responses and it moves too fast to find anything

So thanks for the clarifications :)

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What are some good websites that do reviews for games in video format? I used Gametrailers.com as a main resource, but since that is dead now, I'm having a real hard time finding a site that does good video reviews. I like video reviews that aren't too long and don't have too much "gimmicky" stuff on them. I'm using AngryCentaurGaming for the moment, but he doesn't push enough reviews out. Any suggestions?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

you will not find a goon here who will say any game review place is good

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

It has a swamp with a ladder that takes you down to an even swampier swamp. Bloodborne had something like that too though.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

obi_ant posted:

What are some good websites that do reviews for games in video format? I used Gametrailers.com as a main resource, but since that is dead now, I'm having a real hard time finding a site that does good video reviews. I like video reviews that aren't too long and don't have too much "gimmicky" stuff on them. I'm using AngryCentaurGaming for the moment, but he doesn't push enough reviews out. Any suggestions?

Classic Game Room

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

Classic Game Room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyNErkgfFwM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo0JWIYZibs

Motto fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 23, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

Classic Game Room

One of the reviewers for CGR sounds exactly like Skippy Granola and it weirds me right out. :tinfoil:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

It has a swamp with a ladder that takes you down to an even swampier swamp. Bloodborne had something like that too though.

didn't dark souls 2 have that as well, with the transition from the gutter to the place below the gutter?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Visiting with fam. Played some of my bros DaS3. Ran into a black knight. Perfect parry on that bastard due to some much practice in the first game :getin:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mister Adequate posted:

Hey remember when instead of making a Sleeping Dogs 2 they made a godawful loving MMO that had two separate currencies, a roulette for items that cost real money to spin, a half-assed base building element and stats that ruined the movement system that felt so fluent in the old game?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Because I do. gently caress Square Enix.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

didn't dark souls 2 have that as well, with the transition from the gutter to the place below the gutter?

kinda, the gutter was more like upper blighttown or 5-1 in demon's (just ramshackle huts, narrow wood walkways, etc) and black gulch played differently from the normal swamp areas and was one of the worst levels they've ever designed (either you run to the boss in 10 seconds ignoring poison darts or meticulously kill the dart shooting statues one by one advancing at snail pace)

dark souls 2 didn't really have the token swamp level

i guess amana was kind of that but with guys who shoot homing missiles instead lol

Baku fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 23, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So it's like six bucks for Bully on the PS4 PSN thingy so I picked it up. Anything I should know about this game going in? Is there a moral choice system?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'm going to go ahead and admit I loved the DS3 swamp. It's big, fun to explore, has plenty of legit danger, and lots of items to pick up. Also I just love crabs.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So it's like six bucks for Bully on the PS4 PSN thingy so I picked it up. Anything I should know about this game going in? Is there a moral choice system?

Just play!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8-Bit Scholar posted:

its good and very straight forward

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Bullying is wrong.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Before the DS3 came out, there was a quote from From where they said there would be an area inspired by Tower of Latria so I felt trolled pretty hard when I realized they were referring to the swamp below it, not the tower itself. Then I felt double trolled when there was a zone reminiscent of the tower :downs:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Who's excited for Mass Effect Andromeda? This guy. I don't even care if it HAS a single player. Just gimme more ME3MP style action.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Who's excited for Mass Effect Andromeda? This guy. I don't even care if it HAS a single player. Just gimme more ME3MP style action.

I'm sure they'll gently caress it up somehow

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hi everyone, I had a spare hour to play games this morning so I booted up Starbound to see what had changed since the early days, and it's really quite good! Exploring is fun! I was walking along the floor of an ocean planet, looking for gold and reeds, and found an old abandoned inn. In the cellar of this inn was a sweet shotgun! Then I went to a snow planet, which turned out to be a prison for monkeyman dissidents. It's really come a long way

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

axleblaze posted:

I'm sure they'll gently caress it up somehow

Considering how terribad the multiplayer in Inquisition was, you may have a point :ohdear:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

bloodychill posted:

I'm going to go ahead and admit I loved the DS3 swamp. It's big, fun to explore, has plenty of legit danger, and lots of items to pick up. Also I just love crabs.

Technically, the swamp part is after the crabs. But that whole zone is probably my favorite in the game. It feels very new, it's got lots of cool stuff to find, it's great for PVP, and it has a great boss fight at the end.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Great Joe posted:

Hey remember when instead of making a Sleeping Dogs 2 they made a godawful loving MMO that had two separate currencies, a roulette for items that cost real money to spin, a half-assed base building element and stats that ruined the movement system that felt so fluent in the old game?
I don't because it got cancelled still in beta :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Technically, the swamp part is after the crabs. But that whole zone is probably my favorite in the game. It feels very new, it's got lots of cool stuff to find, it's great for PVP, and it has a great boss fight at the end.

Plus the standard giant lovely troll analogues that you fight on a tiny island are extremely easy to kill this time.

• Locked thread