Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Poppy is the gift that keeps on giving. Her face when she realized her friend/employer is a complete badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Brought To You By posted:

Poppy is the gift that keeps on giving. Her face when she realized her friend/employer is a complete badass.

Maybe this will be blindly obvious in the next panel but I don't understand why exactly did Petunia feel the need to grab that sand.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

Maybe this will be blindly obvious in the next panel but I don't understand why exactly did Petunia feel the need to grab that sand.

To protect Poppy. Whatsis-face whose name I can't remember was throwing the sand in Poppy's eyes and Petunia felt the need to defend her.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I feel like I missed something with Monster Pulse. When did Julie and Violet's parent's become an item.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

paradoxGentleman posted:

She managed to either deflect or grab the entire wave of sand in the blink of an eye. Anime power.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Brought To You By posted:

I feel like I missed something with Monster Pulse. When did Julie and Violet's parent's become an item.

I wanna say... one chapter ago? It was after they dealt with Violet brainwashing her own dad.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

paradoxGentleman posted:

I wanna say... one chapter ago? It was after they dealt with Violet brainwashing her own dad.

Close, it was actually two chapters before, and it was what tipped them off that Violet had brainwashed her own dad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jimmy gonna get shanked

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Killing your daughter is basically the same as feeding the poor, checks out.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Jimmy gonna get shanked

If he is, s'what you get for teaching your kid to be a psychopath for 300 years.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I didn't think I could hate Jimmy any more than I already did, but it turns out in addition to being an unfeeling sociopath he's also a narcissistic egomaniac with delusions of grandeur! God what a shitbag.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Carrasco posted:

Killing your daughter is basically the same as feeding the poor, checks out.

his daughter, like jimmy himself, was a monster who'd killed thousands of people, and who eagerly looked forward to killing more. (that's what she's complaining about not getting to do.) preventing her from doing so isn't the same as feeding the poor; it's better.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
did we already know that jesus was a demon?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

his daughter, like jimmy himself, was a monster who'd killed thousands of people, and who eagerly looked forward to killing more. (that's what she's complaining about not getting to do.) preventing her from doing so isn't the same as feeding the poor; it's better.

Guessing his sidebar here about the first demon is going to lead to him shooting Sweetpea off into space to be the first demon on a new world, which will hilarously negate any 'good' he is doing here.

Dawning Horror
Jun 18, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

did we already know that jesus was a demon?

Yeah

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Guessing his sidebar here about the first demon is going to lead to him shooting Sweetpea off into space to be the first demon on a new world, which will hilarously negate any 'good' he is doing here.

:)

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Bobulus posted:

It'll be pretty tough to do unless he body she has now was an astronaut or someone with a privately-owned spaceship before she got ahold of it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We still havent seen the non-killing possession right?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
every time i think i couldn't possibly hate Demon more, it surprises me

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't know why people don't like this kind of stuff out of Demon, the comic is not supposed to be that serious, you know. Ending with Jimmy talking about how awesome he is for saving the world from being saved by an rear end in a top hat he doesn't like and acting like he's basically as great as god seems pretty fitting to me.

Dr Christmas posted:

It'll be pretty tough to do unless he body she has now was an astronaut or someone with a privately-owned spaceship before she got ahold of it.

I can only assume Jimmy's got some kinda wealth transfer set up between bodies.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A cashstical

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Blindspring has been running a short story as a filler. It's a sort of Russian version of Cinderella. Today's page was funny; Cinderella would have been improved if Cindy got rid of her wicked stepmom and stepsisters with a magical incendiary grenade.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Blindspring has been running a short story as a filler. It's a sort of Russian version of Cinderella. Today's page was funny; Cinderella would have been improved if Cindy got rid of her wicked stepmom and stepsisters with a magical incendiary grenade.

It's a retelling of an actual Russian folk tale, too.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Ixjuvin posted:

every time i think i couldn't possibly hate Demon more, it surprises me

Why have you read 700+ pages of a comic you hate?

SynthOrange posted:

We still havent seen the non-killing possession right?

Looks like we're about to!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

I bypass this paradox by not reading it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

PleasingFungus posted:

Mostly inertia in my case. Plus it's at the end, may as well see how poor the finale ends up being..

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Mostly inertia in my case. Plus it's at the end, may as well see how poor the finale ends up being..

See, this is what compelled me to keep reading Bleach, and I've been a lot happier since I stopped.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

ah, the toxxupation version of the sunk cost fallacy

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's like potato chips. They're garbage, and you're not even hungry, but the bag is just open and lying there, why not eat another.

And then it'll go stale if you just leave it there, so you kinda gotta.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Amazing Jimmy just hosed the entire world.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Brings a new meaning to the phrase "kill them with kindness".

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

SynthOrange posted:

Well I mean after the camel it was only a matter of time.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Today in Poppy O'Possum, things take a bit of a mood change, and people are speculating like mad about what exactly is happening.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Superlucidity? Sounds like too much Klatchian coffee.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hm.

what's with the shot of lily, i wonder

Archenteron posted:

Today in Poppy O'Possum, things take a bit of a mood change, and people are speculating like mad about what exactly is happening.

where is this speculation taking place

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I just power-read read all of The Last Halloween and I think you guys should too.

That is all.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Tollymain posted:

SInce it's a gay furry comic, I assume that it's on the famous haven for gay furries.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Superlucidity sounds like prophecy and/or fourth wall breakery.

Poppy's story has been divided into chapters, not acts, so far.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 23, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Tollymain posted:

hm.

what's with the shot of lily, i wonder

4chan's /co/, unfortunately. The gist of it is as follows: Code Blue (aka heart attack) in the life support unit, the rabbits opening the back and reaching into a compartment that a tail can be seen sticking out of at the bottom, combined with new assumed context to the earlier panels of Kit going "I see ohmygod you brought Father along" and Fantomet responding, "What's wrong, don't like the new chair?", and the page where Fantomet talks about the trouble with controlling the tumor's magic to keep King Darling alive and saying to Kit that "You, of all people, should be able to see what we've had to resort to" while rabbits talk about heartrate monitoring in the chair in the background, all leads up to the theory that they've got a (possibly child due to the size of the chair) opposum shoved in there to keep the tumor's magic locked down. Possum's heart stopped, the antimagic field's gone, Papa Darling's getting nutso.

...Which coincidently also might answer your first question :kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Oh, Lord, and they specify there's a Code Blue in the "life support unit," not in Renard himself.

That'd be one ghoulish twist.

• Locked thread