Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Guinness posted:

At least you can have a silent smug satisfaction knowing that he isn't turning nearly as hard as he could be if downshifting doesn't spin him into a wall.

Yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

To be fair, downshifting in a turn at non-felony speeds on public roads isn't ever going to cause an issue. Which I assume is where this is happening.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
About a year ago I posted a brief rundown of my Father's insistence on living an episode of Bush Mechanics with an ancient and horrendous VK Commodore.

Since then the car finally decided it had enough and simultaneously destroyed its driveline, transmission, clutch and flywheel in what I presumed was the automotive equivilent of a mercy killing, but my dad is addicted to fixing the unthinkable so he transplanted new running gear into a car that was already an automotive disease festival.

Most of it can be explained by the odometer:

(This would already be a lot of kilometres for a shitbox like a Commodore if it hadn't rolled over once already.)

Rest of the pictures here so not to annihilate the rules:
http://imgur.com/a/y9RAj

Mechanically, the car is hosed.
-Radiator physically fell out of the car due to the mounts rusting away, so was tigwelded back in
-Engine has been bored and sleeved with larger pistons because the original pistons had worn the block impressively oval
-Power steering fluid keeps disappearing. It doesn't seem to leak anywhere but it just vanishes. So a bottle of fluid is concealed under the cowl for on the road topups.
-Fuel injection replaced by carb and air cleaner from a 1980's era Falcon
-Head replaced because it was warped from the factory courtesy of GM quality control
-Suspension is ruined enough that the car rides extremely hard on bumps and will lean 15 degrees at the suggestion of a corner
-Exhaust recirculation system removed and replaced with nothing
-Factory original intake/exhaust crossover, which helps with the car's overheating problems and contributes to occasional vapourlock.

Interior wise, the car is hosed.
-Ignition column starts without a key. This is okay because the key itself is a car thief's hand-filed masterkey
-Seats spontaneously disintegrated a while back, so both seats have been replaced by color-clashing seats from different models of Holden
-Steering is so worn that the steering wheel is upside down at neutral, but that's okay since it takes about 180 degrees of turning to get any response out of it
-EFI choke replaced by automatic choke. Automatic replaced by manual choke attached to hood release handle
-Car started to eat batteries while off; added manual battery killswitch
-New running gear didn't fit the old pattern. Centre console replaced with nothing
-Steering column shroud replaced with nothing
-Windows only open half way down. Sometimes they go back up
-AC stuck in 'slightly warm, footwell' settings. Interesting and annoying as the AC isn't even connected

Makes 80HP at the wheels and gets about 20MPG, but at least the brakes work.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Spades posted:

About a year ago I posted a brief rundown of my Father's insistence on living an episode of Bush Mechanics with an ancient and horrendous VK Commodore.

Since then the car finally decided it had enough and simultaneously destroyed its driveline, transmission, clutch and flywheel in what I presumed was the automotive equivilent of a mercy killing, but my dad is addicted to fixing the unthinkable so he transplanted new running gear into a car that was already an automotive disease festival.

(This would already be a lot of kilometres for a shitbox like a Commodore if it hadn't rolled over once already.)

-Radiator physically fell out of the car due to the mounts rusting away, so was tigwelded back in
-Engine has been bored and sleeved with larger pistons because the original pistons had worn the block impressively oval
-Power steering fluid keeps disappearing. It doesn't seem to leak anywhere but it just vanishes. So a bottle of fluid is concealed under the cowl for on the road topups.
-Head replaced because it was warped from the factory courtesy of GM quality control
-Suspension is ruined enough that the car rides extremely hard on bumps and will lean 15 degrees at the suggestion of a corner
-Factory original intake/exhaust crossover, which helps with the car's overheating problems and contributes to occasional vapourlock.

-Ignition column starts without a key. This is okay because the key itself is a car thief's hand-filed masterkey
-Seats spontaneously disintegrated a while back, so both seats have been replaced by color-clashing seats from different models of Holden
-Steering is so worn that the steering wheel is upside down at neutral, but that's okay since it takes about 180 degrees of turning to get any response out of it
-EFI choke replaced by automatic choke. Automatic replaced by manual choke attached to hood release handle
-New running gear didn't fit the old pattern. Centre console replaced with nothing
-AC stuck in 'slightly warm, footwell' settings. Interesting and annoying as the AC isn't even connected

A man needs dash cam footage :stare:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Spades posted:

Magnificent.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name

I don't even

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

What does it saaaay?!

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I didn't realize that one of the E30 folks I know has basically a Nazi symbol on the back of their car. It's a 318is that has been essentially destroyed by this person.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name

fyodor posted:

What does it saaaay?!

Something "Royal". It wasn't memorable enough for me to remember. Cascade? Carbide? Not sure.

EDIT: I have another shot that's just slightly clearer and it appears to say "Eastside Regal". Probably gang related.

inkblottime fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 23, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Lightbulb Out posted:

I didn't realize that one of the E30 folks I know has basically a Nazi symbol on the back of their car. It's a 318is that has been essentially destroyed by this person.

Nobody can top the casual anti-Semitism of water cooled VW clubs.

Troy and Piers both thought this was a laugh riot back at the frat house.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/04/are-volkswagen-fanboys-the-most-anti-semitic-car-enthusiasts/

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Spades posted:

"Replaced with nothing" is the best part. This post made me cry laughing this morning.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

inkblottime posted:

I don't even

They are probably trying to emulate Ryan Tuerck's suspension and wheel setup, but you know, on the street instead of a race track.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BoostCreep posted:

They are probably trying to emulate Ryan Tuerck's suspension and wheel setup, but you know, on the street instead of a race track.

To be fair, that is ryan tuerck's street car.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

To be fair, that is ryan tuerck's street car.

Yes, but driven by Ryan Tuerck.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
It's a sweet drift missile dude!

I know the pro FD cars have super wide front tracks for a good reason but I am really not a fan of that look. You'd think they could come up with some better front fenders, but I guess you need to have that rocket bunny kit even if it doesn't cover the tires.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I assume the front wide track helps when you're dorift-o-ing?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Spades posted:

Please tell me the man has it in his will to be buried in that car.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

fyodor posted:

I assume the front wide track helps when you're dorift-o-ing?

Yeah, if not just for a more stable front end, the wheels have to be physicaily farther out just because steering lock puts them at close to 90 degrees so they need extra clearance. Not my thing but I have a few friends that do drift stuff.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Yes, that's two "in loving memory of..." rear window stickers on the same car.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Geoj posted:

The weirdest memorial sticker I've seen only said "I know somebody who died." That's it. No names, dates, anything.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

It has always amused me to assume that when one of those stickers shows a picture of something, it has something to do with how the person died.

The other day I saw one with a picture of a sports bike, and another with a picture of an anchor. So the first guy died in a motorcycle accident, and the other one drowned.

The guy in the photo above clearly died in a monster truck accident.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

The most AI way to go.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

It has always amused me to assume that when one of those stickers shows a picture of something, it has something to do with how the person died.

The other day I saw one with a picture of a sports bike, and another with a picture of an anchor. So the first guy died in a motorcycle accident, and the other one drowned.

He died how he lived, on the edge of his seat.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Geoj posted:

Uhhm..so was the Blazer called a Trailblazer at some point?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

gileadexile posted:

Yes it is still manufactured in Thailand and Brazil :D

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

gileadexile posted:

It was the upscale luxury trim on the S-10 Blazer from 1999-2001, when the GMT360 Trailblazers were released.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Lightbulb Out posted:

Oh wow yeah that's pretty bad.

And in addition there's that eagle in the middle that looks kinda nazi-ish as well

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I saw a sneaky bastard police car yesterday, had someone pulled over... Unmarked silver generic minivan with a stick figure family sticker in the (tinted) back window. Oh and low profile LED reds and blues behind the glass and a couple of barely noticeable low profile antennae on the roof.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Linedance posted:

I saw a sneaky bastard police car yesterday, had someone pulled over... Unmarked silver generic minivan with a stick figure family sticker in the (tinted) back window. Oh and low profile LED reds and blues behind the glass and a couple of barely noticeable low profile antennae on the roof.

Yeah, the RCMP here have a grey exploder and beige charger. They also rent vehicles to radio idiots in.

In BC, they have this thing, which has a "N" sticker on the back which is supposed to mean new driver.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I don't know what thread to put this in.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Linedance posted:

They don't go in for subtle or sneaky here in the slightest.

GLE 63 AMG, on loan from Mercedes Australia for a year. I can't imagine they're making any money from advertising from it, it must be a tax write-off.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Golfigrale? Integolfe?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I've been reading a kit car magazine, and there is some seriously disturbing poo poo that even the internet won't allow.

Truly heinous crimes against nature.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

fyodor posted:

Golfigrale? Integolfe?

Yugo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Trying to find if some of the worst are actually on the internet.

Have you thought $25,000 was too much for a real, actual, viper? Do you prefer the reliability of the jaguar S-type? Have you suffered a stroke and lost all ability to reason?

Well, meet the car of your dreams, for only £15,000, which is a smaller number than 25,000 if you ignore currency conversions, you can build your dream vehicle

http://creativesportscars.com.websitebuilder.prositehosting.co.uk/

Unfortunately, the creators of the car don't believe in pixels, so there aren't any decent pictures of the horrible wheel gap, but there's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsV1pQByGY4

Yeah, that yellow scaffolding is apparently the chassis.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 24, 2016

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Looks like his front tire is on backwards, too :newlol:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

Looks like his front tire is on backwards, too :newlol:

Oh, i'm sure he'll be dead long before that becomes an issue.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Geoj posted:

I've been wanting one for a few years now with an obnoxious name on it like "In loving memory, Leonardo Da Vinci, you will be missed," or "William McKinley, taken too soon."

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Powershift posted:

Oh, i'm sure he'll be dead long before that becomes an issue.

Yeah, just a great indication of the attention to detail on this beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Again, this is something somebody is trying to sell to other people to do to their own car.