Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

e: not new, still interesting that 'the game' is 'Squad 42 and the SC Universe' as a big heap of undefined deliverables

Hey folks - is this 'Commercial Terms' page on the RSI website new content? Just caught my eye because of that special word.... commercial...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/commercial-terms

to lazy to read it now, just did a screengrab for future reference.

Solarin fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Also: lol at a society that possesses both the ability to terraform planets in a manner of years & yet still needs people to farm poo poo as they fly through space so the plants don't go bad. Or harvest ore from meteorites manually. Unless it's for pointless reasons, almost like the space version of hipster artisan bullshit or other retro-ironic reasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Holy smokes they come right out and say it's 100% SQ42?

How old is this?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Gravity pipes

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

runsamok posted:

It's amazing how much cognitive dissonance is required to be okay with their setting. It's WW2 dogfighting in a setting that's literally been Ryan Archered from every possible reference source from Scarface to Farming sims, including every scifi franchise of any notoriety since the mid 70s. And there's been no comprehensive reference written on how it all fits together as that'd prevent them from dynamically reprioritizing & redefining the scope & features of the game.

It really is impossible to tell where the scam ends & the incompetency begins.

i for one look forward to their high fidelity GTA module. are they still doing modules or is SQ42/pu it? i dont even know any more.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skellybones posted:

Gravity pipes

Well poo poo the pipes leaked and now there's gravity everywhere!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/723689797538082817

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Skellybones posted:

Gravity pipes

Yeah, I love that gravity is now the same as in-floor heating. Only instead of heated water, they're piping around a fundamental force in the universe.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I like that critics only do it because they're mad about other people being better at making games

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

CIG are only working on things they can sell. They can't sell mining gameplay, but they sure as hell can sell a shiny mining ship.

I actually doubt they are working on anything except ships right now. Ships and dollars.

One day the backers will realise that owning ships means nothing when you don't have a game to fly them in. At the current level of inertial stupidity though it's going to be a while. After all they just bought a big batch of mining ships.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

isn't he the guy that was essentially a hobo and has no job skills whatsoever?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

runsamok posted:

Yeah, I love that gravity is now the same as in-floor heating. Only instead of heated water, they're piping around a fundamental force in the universe.

is gravity measured as a liquid or a solid?

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Well poo poo the pipes leaked and now there's gravity everywhere!

Can we have gravy pipes instead?

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Agrajag posted:

is gravity measured as a liquid or a solid?

Superfluid.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Skellybones posted:

Gravity pipes

And cherry-red space turbines.
Made cherry-red by the friction of space.

Can't forget those.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

So you want to build apartment blocks? Think you can do better?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

runsamok posted:

Spergfluid.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Danknificent posted:

Holy smokes they come right out and say it's 100% SQ42?

How old is this?

Yeah how old is that?

I do remember the "In the unlikely event that we can not complete the game: gently caress you anyway" clause from 2012 but I don't ever remember reading "Your pledges are for Squadron 42, set in the Star Citizen Universe"

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

MeLKoR posted:

So you want to build apartment blocks? Think you can do better?

I clearly know nothing about high-rise development.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
stimfluid

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Solarin posted:

Hey folks - is this 'Commercial Terms' page on the RSI website new content? Just caught my eye because of that special word.... commercial...

it seems blah blah blah, chargeback

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Somebody who knows poo poo about websites go look up the post date. I just saw it say modified April 23rd but have no idea if it's been around for months

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Wow - so that's massive - they are getting backers to agree that all funds are for SQ42!

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Gravity_Storm posted:

Wow - so that's massive - they are getting backers to agree that all funds are for SQ42!

Nah, wayback archive shows it like that from the beginning.

So people have always been pledging for only Sq42!

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Gravity_Storm posted:

They're doing their best to obfuscate that, though.

'Disclaimer' for the mining ship posted:

Remember: we are offering this pledge ship to help fund Star Citizen’s development. The funding generated by sales such as this is what allows us to include deeper, non-combat oriented features in the Star Citizen world. Concept ships will be available for in-game credits in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game.

Additionally, please note that the Prospector will be entering the ship pipeline now, it will ultimately be released after other concept ships have been completed. All decorative ‘flare’ items will also be available to acquire in the finished game world. The goal is to make additional ships available that give players a different experience rather than a particular advantage when the persistent universe launches.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Solarin posted:

Why does it say they will refund if they haven't delivered by November 2012. That's like 3 years ago.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
CiG game developers trying to go through a hole.

http://i.imgur.com/QvZvYbC.gifv

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Don't worry folks, Star Citizen is coming out this year.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/star-citizen-release-date-news-kickstarter-trailer

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

So people have always been pledging for only Sq42!

Next we'll loving find out that gameplay was a stretch goal for SQ42 and all it has to include are cutscenes.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Fat Shat Sings posted:

<snip> So people have always been pledging for only Sq42!

LOL I wonder how many whales know this?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They have 8 months left roughly, all they have to do is release SQ42 part 1 chapters 1~3, or just chapter 1 even, and they are in the clear. SQ42 is 3 parts with 3 or 4 chapters each now or some such erin said awhile back. The game is a movie.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Yeah how old is that?

I do remember the "In the unlikely event that we can not complete the game: gently caress you anyway" clause from 2012 but I don't ever remember reading "Your pledges are for Squadron 42, set in the Star Citizen Universe"

I dunno. It looks like they're ve defined 'The Game' as Star Citizen, rather than Squadron 42. The ambiguous point look like - what constitutes 'Game Cost'? IMO, It's reasonable to include thing like office facilities, dev/graphic artists/admin staff costs, office facilities, furniture, computer hardware, but does that also justify Hollywood studios, inflated exec salaries, designer furniture etc?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Definitely coming out this year. This is from a couple of days ago.

http://www.youthhealthmag.com/articles/40059/20160221/star-citizen-pc-release-date-2016.htm

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

[Squadron 42] will be split into episodic chapters, with the first offering around 20 hours of gameplay.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lime Tonics posted:

They have 8 months left roughly, all they have to do is release SQ42 part 1 chapters 1~3, or just chapter 1 even, and they are in the clear. SQ42 is 3 parts with 3 or 4 chapters each now or some such erin said awhile back. The game is a movie.

Whatever. Nobody gives a poo poo about SQ42, the twitch SC channels are dead, all the game-modes are dead, the reddit shithole is slowly dying and so is the brown sea, the funding is going down, employees are leaving, features are being cut.

(April is not yet over but it is trending down)

This poo poo is done, we just need Derek to stick a fork on it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lime Tonics posted:

Star Citizen: Chapter 11

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Did they put out a little press release flapping this 2016 release date about a bit to try and bolster the ship sales? They've had very poor to zero press coverage for the ship sale and free fly week - Rocket League is doing a free weekend which has been covered in ALL the games press and blogs. It's like no one wants to touch SC with a barge pole any more, last year all the gaming sites were happy to get the SC page views.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Star Citizen: Chapter 11

Noice!

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Read this carefully. The release date is finally going to be released this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think the release date release date will be delayed.

• Locked thread